Spike moaned into her mouth, she tasted like candy and he couldn’t deny that he had a sweet tooth. There was something about this girl that drove him crazy.

Yesterday when he’d walked into the small but busy diner his eyes had been drawn to her immediately, and he’d felt his breath catch in his throat. When he’d seen the brunette male approach her his first instinct was that he was her boyfriend, and with narrowed eyes he’d been about to turn away when the wanker’s hand had come up. He didn’t know how he’d moved that fast but thanked the gods he was able to, not being able to imagine someone marring that face out of malice. She was a spitfire too, and not just a looker, which he loved. Took a brave girl to walk up to a group of strange men just to say ‘thank-you’.

With a jolt back to reality he realised her hands had come up to play with the hair at the nape of his neck and he moaned again, his own - now ringless - fingers reaching up to cup her face.

When they finally pulled apart they were breathing heavily, and smiling.

He tucked a stray strand of damp hair behind her ear, and looked her in the eyes.

“I was serious before, about not wanting anyone else to touch you. I want this with you Buffy, but I’m not an overly generous bloke. If we do this, whatever it is, we don’t do this with anyone else.”

His eyes searched hers, there was fear there, with desire and fire at the same time.

After what seemed an eternity, she nodded her acquiescence and he pulled her into a strong hug, which she found she couldn’t help but melt right into.

“I feel like I’m in high school again,” she admitted with a small giggle into the skin of his shoulder, his white wife-beater soft against the skin of her face.

“How’s that now?”

“I don’t know you but somehow were dating…I feel like there should have been some note passing and giggling,” she said with her own giggle.

He chuckled and pulled her towards him for another kiss, his erection straining against the confines of its denim prison, and with a swallowed sigh, and not a small amount of disbelief, he got up to leave, wanting to get to know her at least a little more before trying for anything more.

Buffy smiled at him, “Going to bed?”

He stifled the groan building up inside him, “Ya’ kitten, think you’ll have time to see me tomorrow at some point for a bit?”

She nodded and smiled, “Sure, sounds like a plan. I‘m going to head over to see Giles, my manager, to see what the skinny is on the whole tournament thing is, and then maybe I‘ll think about tracking you down”

He walked to the tall fence and climbed over it smoothly, into his own backyard. She smiled when his platinum head popped up, gave her a wink, then disappeared again.

She shook her head and giggled, heading inside to get some much needed rest. ‘What are you doing Buffy? Agreeing to ‘go steady’ with strangers, tsk-tsk. She tried to berate herself, she really did, but the huge smile that was still in place as she crawled into bed was making it hard for her to take herself seriously.

She fell asleep not long afterwards, the smile still soft on her lips.


She awoke at nine in the morning, to the sound of Dawn’s giggling. Rubbing her sleepy eyes she trudged downstairs, “What’s got you so happy this morning?” she asked groggily, going straight to the fresh brewed coffee.

“Someone left you the most adorable message taped to the front door, which I accidentally opened, then accidentally read,” the mischievous brunette said, still giggling, and promptly passed her the note.

‘Hey Goldielocks,

You got me thinking ‘bout high school again, what with you feeling like you’re back in it an’ all. So here goes:

Do you wanna’ be my girl?

Yes
No

Circle one and pass it back,

‘m winking at you right now.

Spike.’


Buffy looked at her sister and burst out laughing, this had to be the cutest thing ever.

“So, which one you going to circle?,” Dawn asked, curious.

Buffy rolled her eyes, grabbed a pen, circled one, and handed it back to Dawn.

“You mind popping over the backyard fence and dropping this off for me?”

Dawn was about to argue, about to ask ‘why don’t you do it yourself?’, instead she asked, “Is that where all those guys from last night are staying?”

Buffy nodded and Dawn was off in a split second.



***

Dawn knocked on the back door impatiently and repeatedly, “Hellooooooooooooo?” she called out for the seventh time before a disgruntled voice yelled out, “Quit your banging, I’m coming”

When the back door opened Dawn laid eyes on the hottest guy she’d ever seen. He had just past the chin length brown hair, his eyes were still half closed, and he was topless…a good topless, the kind of topless that didn’t make you cringe.

“Hello to you too,” she said with as sultry a voice as she could muster, which apparently worked because next thing she knew his eyes were wide open, and staring at her with appreciation. “I’ve got a letter here for Spike,” she added with a wink and held back a small laugh when she caught him blushing just a bit.

He reached for it and ran a hand through his dishevelled hair, “I’ll bring it up right now. I was going to make some breakfast…”, before he could finish his sentence Dawn interrupted.

“Good, I’m starving. Can I have pancakes?”

He laughed, “Sure thing.”

***

Buffy was sitting on her back porch, slowly taking in her morning coffee when a loud “Whooooooo” reached her ears and she laughed to herself, knowing Spike had seen the circled Yes. She looked towards the house and noticed that she could see Spike running around in his room upstairs, with a sly smile she realised that his room and her room offered them each a view of the other.

“That could be interesting,” she said to herself softly.