Buffy walked into the MBC (Magic Boxing Center), waving to people on her way to the back room, the room only Rupert Giles and his Femmes Fatales got to see. This is where the magic happened.



Giles looked up from some paperwork and smiled at her, “We’ve been challenged,” he said with a twinkle in his eye, a twinkle that showed a hint of Ripper - his younger persona. Giles loved a showdown, especially one he knew his girls could win. Too often they all went misunderstood and underestimated, all because they were women, it was ridiculous.



“So I’ve heard, got the skinny from some new guys in town, go by the team name ‘The Ungentlemens’.”



Giles nodded, “I’ve been making some phone calls, from what I understand these guys are good, but not unbeatable. From what I’ve seen of the contracts it all seems on the up and up, no loop-holes. The contract details include a thirteen game tourny for a new derby cup. New as in you guys would be the first ones competing for its title. I’m going to have a lawyer look it over though, can’t be too careful.”



Buffy nodded, “Ya, better safe than sorry. I don’t want to end up selling my soul or anything,” she said with a small giggle that had Giles chuckling.



“What soul?”



“You’re mean,” she answered with a faux pout, one he knew well, one that had stopped fooling him into feeling guilty years ago.



“So I’m kinda’ seeing Spike,” she blurted out and waited for the lecture. It didn’t take long.



Giles took his glasses off and started cleaning them furiously, “For starters you’re too young, young lady, secondly you don’t even know him, thirdly, he could be….some sort of vampire or something,” he finished lamely, knowing his argument couldn’t hold up.



Buffy laughed, “I’m 21 now Giles, not some little girl. As for the not knowing him, I was hoping seeing him would fix that, and a vampire? Come on, if the next words out of your mouth are ‘what if he doesn’t have a soul?’ I’m leaving.”



“I worry about you Buffy, I’ve seen you get hurt before.”



“I know, and you’re likely to see it again…that’s what happens to someone when they fill in the role of father for wayward girls,” she said lovingly, her heart swelling at his misted eyes - something that happened every time she told him he was like a father to her. “So, when do we tell the others about this throw down?” she asked, curious.



“This afternoon, before practice. That will give me time to get my lawyer to look this over, and then we can plan our victory party for after the tournament,” he said with a smile, causing her to laugh.



“One of these days our egos are going to get the better of us Giles.”



“Not anytime soon,” he answered cockily, though she knew it was all a façade, Giles was one of the most humble people she knew, though his faith in the Femmes Fatales was unwavering. Win or lose, his girls would always be the best in his softly aging eyes.



***



Buffy and the girls taunted each other as they raced around the outdoor oval Giles had had built especially for them. They were playing four on four.



Buffy, the jammer for her side, her blockers Anya - who doubled as pivot, Fred, and Cordy.

Faith was the jammer on her side, her blockers were Dawn, Tara, and Willow - who doubled as pivot.



It was a sweaty run, the temps in Sunny D. hitting the high 30’s with the humidex.



There was a boom box plugged into the outside socket and it was currently blaring the Ramones’ ‘I wanna be sedated’, one of her favorites.



It would seem she had a penchant for the Brits she thought with a small smile.



All of a sudden there were 8 more players on the track, of the male variety. Without speaking the girls congregated against the boys, falling into an easy rhythm with each other. Buffy was lead, Faith was pivot, and everyone else was blocker. Since this was only a practice it didn’t matter that they had an extra two blockers on each side - not they needed it, she thought to herself.



It was only when a whirlwind of bleached hair flew past her that she let her inner Slayer loose, and Slayer was itching for a good kill.



It didn’t take her long to catch up, but for the life of her she couldn’t pass him.



“Who taught you how to skate kitten?” he bellowed out, trying to be heard over the sounds of the wind, music, and wheels.



“Me” she said with a smile, “How about you?”



“My Da’, was quite the roller in his day.”



They could hear their friends behind them but all they saw was each other.



Buffy bit her lip and hid her smile, she had a plan. Neck and neck was okay, but being in the lead is what made her blood sing.



Without thinking twice about she reached out and cupped his bulge, spinning so that she was skating backwards.



When his feet faltered she gave him a wink, turned, and flew past him, leaving him and his shouted “That’s playing dirty” far behind.



“Someone’s getting orgasms soon” came Anya’s cheery voice and Buffy couldn’t help but giggle. She was starting to near one of the members of the mens team, a beefy brunette guy with a goofy smile, without turning to look at Buffy as she was about to pass he asked, “Who is that girl?”



Buffy smiled, “That’s my Anya”, she offered, before whizzing past him as well.



This really was too easy, she thought to herself, passing two more males, leaving her with only three to pass to get a point.



She squealed in shock when two strong hands wrapped around her waist, “S’not nice to get a bloke all worked up before running away,” came the smooth, sexy voice from behind.



“I didn’t run, I rolled”



“Saucy bint” he purred into her ear before dropping his hands, one coming down full force onto her ass.



“OW!”



She heard his chuckle as he passed and her eyes narrowed, he looked way too good from behind for it to be legal. The muscles in his legs rippling, his knee length shorts the only thing he was wearing.



“When did his shirt come off?” she asked herself, and then, “It’s a shame he ever puts one on” she realized when she saw the rippling muscles of his back and his lean hips.