Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you haven't given up on this story yet. Enjoy.
Buffy barely had time to register her surroundings before she realized she couldn't move.

"What the f--"

"Slayer, nice of you to join us. Was beginning to think you were never gonna wake up." Spike said cheerily.

"Spike..." she spat. "Where am I? What the hell is this? Untie me right now or I swear to god I'll--"

"You'll what? Bore me to death with useless threats?" he asked in a mocking tone.

"Where am I?" she ground out.

"Somewhere you won't be found, now shut your gob."

Buffy took a moment to look around. She was tied to a chair and had a pounding headache. The place was dark and underground, but she couldn't tell whether they were still in Sunnydale or not. The last thing she remembered was Spike's fist connecting with her face at the campus... outside... in the sunlight.

"What... you're not dead." She said slowly.

"No, I'm not. Whatever gave you the impression that I was?" Spike asked confused.

"I saw you. You were in the sunlight. That should have killed you. Why aren't you..." Suddenly, realization dawned upon her. "The Gem."

Spike laughed, brandishing his ring for her to admire.

"Yeah, funny story that. Was hell gettin' my hands on it, but I'm a resourceful bloke."

"Giles and the others will find me, and when they do I will kill you."

"You really think so?"

"You think some fucking ring will save you, Spike? I have had it with you. Every time I try to get on with my life you show back up in town and fuck everything up. I'm done playing your stupid little games." She seethed.

The vampire looked at her with curiosity for a moment before speaking again.

"Get on with your life, is it? What exactly is your definition of getting on with your life, Slayer? Letting some pathetic excuse for a boy fondle you in a dark corner? Give me a break, Summers. You have no life. You spend all your time fighting and trying to please everyone around you. You're bloody insane if you think a mediocre shag will make it all better." He stared at her now, as if trying to look into her soul.

"You don't know what you're talking about, Spike. You don't know me or anything about my life so why don't you just untie me so I can dust your sorry ass and go home?" Buffy spoke so low that the vampire had to strain to hear her.

"Oh, but that's where you're wrong, luv. I do know. I know you better than anyone, don't you see? You forget that I've dealt with your kind before." He said knowingly.

"My kind?" she scoffed.

"Slayers. I know what you think, pet. What you fear, what you crave." He whispered, his face inches from hers.

Buffy felt herself shiver at his softly spoken words and his breath on her cheek. She composed herself and looked up at him defiantly.

"What do I crave, Spike?" she asked, holding her breath for his answer.

"That's what we're here to find out."


Chapter End Notes:
After such a long absence I would love to hear what you have to say so please review.