Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for all the reviews and support, I really appreciate it. Sorry I haven't replied to all of them, I just don't want to give anything away! Hope you all had a good christmas and new year :) Happy reading!
She drew herself up to her inconsiderable height. And pointed the sword at Spike. Her voice was low and deadly when she spoke. “You’re playing poker!”


Surprised didn’t quite cover the look on Spikes face as he beheld his very, very annoyed slayer. Buffy would have laughed at his comically wide eyes and slack jaw if she wasn’t so pissed with him. He didn’t look tormented. Not one bit.

Spike tried to seem composed as he rose from his seat, “Slayer! What the hell (excuse the pun) are you doing here?”

At the mention of Buffy’s title the gathered demons collectively shuddered and drew back.

Buffy advanced with the sword glinting as menacingly as her eyes. “I willingly got myself sucked into hell, which is really hot by the way, to rescue your stupid ass and I find you here, playing cards with a bunch of of ugly demons!”

One of the demons looked very upset, another patted him on the arm comfortingly.

Spike gave her a sheepish grin. “In my defence, I never asked you to rescue me pet, the rescuin is usually my bit.”

Buffy looked grim, and Spike realised he’d said the wrong thing. “Not that I’m not right glad to see you luv, I am, right pleased.”

“I’ve been worrying like mad about you for, thinking I was never going to see you again, upset doesn’t even cover it, and your just ‘glad to see me’!!!” Buffy’s voice had got unnaturally shrill, and tears had sprung in her eyes. “It’s nice to know you care about me as much as I care about you. While I was willing to do anything to get you back you just, what, chilled out?”


Spike tried to hide how pleased he felt by her admission, and look suitably told off. “I’m sorry pet, really sorry, but you know, I’ve only been here a couple of hours...”


“WHAT!?” You’ve only been here a couple of hours?? You got sucked to hell two weeks ago!”


Spike tilted his head to one side and stretched out a hand to her, “Slayer, Buffy, I’m sorry, I didn’t realise the time difference in these dimensions would be so much. I’ve been waiting for my ride outta her, had to wait for a bit though so I thought I’d pass the time catchin up with some old mates. I was gonna get back to you as quickly as I could. Didnt mean to make you worry luv.” He lowered his voice to a seductive timbre, “For what it’s worth, even though I wasn’t here long, I missed you too.”


Buffy rubbed her eyes with a shaking hand. “Worried? Who was worried? I was fine, peachy as a matter of fact.” Buffy suddenly threw herself at Spike, knocking the wind right out of him. On a normal man the tightness with which she clutched at him would have broken a rib or two, as Spike wasn’t human he just grabbed back at her as fiercely. Her lips somehow ended up pressed against his neck, she mumbled something into his smooth skin which sounded suspiciously like “hate you, stupid vampire person.”


Spike chuckled even as she drew away from him.

Buffy gave a hard look to the demons who had been trying to slip out. “These are friends of yours?”

A demon with a clawed, paw like hand gave her an uncomfortable wave. Spike stepped to position himself between the slayer and the people she would usually slay.

“Uh yeah, we go back a while, I don’t really go to hell dimensions all that often so we get together when we can.”


Buffy narrowed her eyes at Spike. “Me and you are gonna be having a long, long talk when we get home.”


Spike gulped even as he secretly thrilled at her use of the word home. He saluted mockingly, “Yes ma’am.” He turned to his friends. “See ya round fellas, was right good catching up.”

Nods and mumbled “Bye Spikes”, in various languages were exchanged. Most the demons went straight off, but one made a grab for the basket, accidently swiping it with a tentacle and knocking it over. About ten, very scared looking, kittens jumped out and made their way to freedom. The demon cursed and considered collecting them back up before he remembered the slayer. He promptly disappeared in a puff of grimy smoke.


Buffy watched the kittens dancing on the hot floor with a horrified expression Spike didn’t miss. He sighed and waved a hand in their general area, “Return”. The kittens then also vanished.


He grinned, “Just another thing to talk about when we get back eh?”


Buffy nodded dumbly. So far hell hadn’t been that hellish, just really really odd.


Spike touched her on the arm and the rush of tingly goodness that followed brought her back to the present.


“So, pet, how did you figure you’d get me outta here once you had me?”

Buffy couldn’t help but blush at the blatant innuendo behind his words as she handed him the spell, which had got somewhat crumpled and somehow a little singed in her pocket. As he looked it over and made approving noises Buffy remembered something.

“Hey, how were you gonna get back? You said you had a ride outta here? What was that?”


“That darling would be me.”




The alluring voice of a woman felt like nails clawing down Buffy’s back. She turned so quickly she almost overbalanced, finding herself face to face with a stranger. A completely beautiful and annoyingly tall and female stranger.


There was no getting away from the fact that she was stunning. Her shockingly blood red hair was short, cut into a pixi like style which framed her delicate bone structure, and huge unusually lilac eyes. Her lips were as full as Spikes, though obviously not as delicious looking, and they were twisted into a smile Buffy didn’t like the look of at all.

The woman was tall, but slim and graceful, there was an otherworldly beauty about her which, Buffy grudgingly admitted, some might find attractive. She circled Buffy, though in more of an appraising then menacing way. She smiled again and her eyes twinkled. “The Slayer! Well, the current Slayer anyway. When Will called me up he never mentioned you’d be here.”


Both women turned to Spike with raised eyebrows. He smiled awkwardly back. “Uh, sorry I bothered you sweet, I didn’t realise the slayer was comin to my rescue.”


Buffy bristled. Spike just called her ‘sweet’. He’d never called her 'sweet'.


The woman laughed, “Don’t worry about it Will. So, are you not going to do the introductions?”


Spike still looked embarrassed. “Sure, Buffy this is Vix, Vix this is Buffy. The slayer.”


Buffy ignored Vix’s offered hand. “So what kind of demon are you then?”


Vix’s eyes widened. But she looked far from afraid. “I’m a vengeance demon darling.”


Spike chimed in with, “I thought you were calling yourselves justice demons now?”


Vix put her hand on his arm in a way which irritated the hell out of Buffy. “That’s just head office, trying to make the outfit seem more professional. There was even talk of us getting uniforms at one point. Though,” she bit her lip, “As I recall, you always liked uniforms didn’t you?”


Spike blushed and coughed uncomfortably. Buffy was beginning to feel the undeniable urge to slay something. One thing in particular. She tried to sound calm as she spoke. “So how exactly do you guys know each other then?”


Spike opened his mouth to reply but Vix cut him off. “Will’s never mentioned me? Gosh how rude!” She smiled in a predatory manner and linked her arm through Spikes, even as he tried to pull away. “I’m his girlfriend.”