Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: Okay, I’m just putting this up because I said I would post a new chappie by now :)
Enjoy – and please review!!
Also, if you can spot any mistakes please let me know And thank you so much to the 3 WONDERFUL people who reviewed :D
Chapter 2 – Bondage Fun


“Buffy! It’s five-thirty in the morning, what on earth possessed you to come storming into my place when every other human being in this god forbidden country is still sleeping!” Giles shouted, clearly angry from being woken from his sleep. He looked pretty ridiculous to Buffy, standing there wearing a pair of red and green tartan boxers and sporting a major case of bed hair…although, as Willow had pointed out to Buffy numerous times, he was in pretty good shape for an older guy. Buffy finished her visual analysis of him and ignored his words as she barreled past him, an unconscious Leonardo DiCaprio Demon in one hand and Spike in the other. Giles let out one of his patented British sighs and closed his bulky, metal door. When he turned around, Buffy was triumphantly pulling some rope out of one of Giles’s many cupboards and striding toward the two demons, intent clear in her eyes.

“Buffy, if you don’t mind me asking, why is there a demon in my apartment who…looks startlingly familiar. I think I’ve seen this demon in one of my texts! Do you mind asking him what demon he is?”
“Giles.” Buffy said, one eyebrow quirked up, “He’s right there, you ask him! Except… I guess you can’t cause he’s having a slight case of unconsciousness at the moment. I think he’s one of the evil demons who summoned the gargle things.”

“Garlgans, Buffy.” Giles responded almost sub-consciously as he flicked through what looked like a very heavy book in his arms.

Buffy finished tying up the Leonardo DiCaprio demon and spotted another length of rope on the ground. She grinned to herself and picked it up before skipping over to Spike and manhandling him into a chair. Buffy was just about to start tying Spike up, but he had other ideas and started to buck and squirm as she struggled to hold him down, “Rupes! You’ve gotta do something! She’s tying an innocent vamp up.”, he then turned to speak to Buffy, “I was bloody well helping you, and this is the kind of treatment I get. I swear…why the bloody hell are you sitting on me now?!?!”

“To hold you down while I tie you up. Duh.” Buffy said grinning and winding the rope around the vampire she was now sitting on.

“Bollocks. Everyone in this town is a complete loon! And I know loony when I see it.”

“Puh-lease, Spike! None of us could ever be as crazy as your nutcase of an ex-girlfriend.” Buffy grinned wickedly and leaned into him to tighten the rope which was securing the vampire, “I’m just extra cautious when it comes to certain vampires who I don’t exactly trust.”

“Aha!” Giles exclaimed from the corner of the room.

The two blonds didn’t pay him the slightest attention and just continued verbally sparring.

“You know, I’m beginning to think all that bleach you use is affecting your mental capacity. Or were you always this stupid.”

“Stupid! As if, slayer. I’m not the one who didn’t know how to work the microwave.”

“It was new! Anyway, you should be grateful – I was heating up your blood!”

“I didn’t ask you to take in a notorious killer and feed him blood, now did I?”

“Well, actually Spike, you did. You turned up at my doorstep and you begged for help. That’s pretty pathetic, even for you.”

“’Even for me’?! Bloody hell, slayer, hurt a man’s ego why don’t you!”

“I said, AHA!” Giles raised his voice and the blonde duo stopped at once, looking at him, stunned.

“Ah, yes, ah…I apologize for raising my voice, Buffy.” As strange as the sight of bashful Giles was, Buffy smiled a little at the sweet nature of the older man.

“What about me, Ripper? Don’t I get an apology?” Spike whined from his residence in one of Giles’s antique, wooden chairs.

“No.” Giles said bluntly, but not aggressively.

“So, Giles, that ‘aha!’? What was that for?”

“Oh, yes. Well, I found out what type of demon this is” he said, taking his glasses of his head and pointing the tip of them at Leonardo DiCaprio demon. Buffy and Spikes attention was drawn to the demon which they had forgotten amongst their verbal fighting. “It appears to be a Rebus demon. They’re very intelligent and developed. They’re almost human, and you can see how closely this particular Rebus demon is to the physical make up of humans. Now, while they are very almost human, they’re still very dangerous because of the lack of a soul. They completely lack a moral compass, and such, have the intelligence of a human with the uncaring nature of a demon, which is a very volatile combination. Now Buffy, what makes you think he was part of the ritual to summon the Garlgans?”

“Well, I went to Willies to get information, like you told me to,” she stopped, giving Giles a pointed look, “And Willy told me that he had heard that a bunch of demons had a little gathering a few weeks ago. I asked him if any of them were in the bar at the moment and he pointed out this guy. So, here he is!”

“All there is to do, really, is to wait until the Rebus returns to consciousness and we can interrogate it.” Giles sat down on his couch tilted his head back, eyes closed as he tried to lull himself back into the realm of sleep. Buffy got up, grabbed her previously discarded coat and headed to Giles’s door, and just as she was about to walk out of the apartment, Spike’s voice forced her back a few steps, “Bloody hell, slayer. You’re just going to leave me tied up here while Rupert has a nap and you head out for a walk?!”

“Well, yeah.” She said, “Someone has to watch the demon. I’ve been up all night and I’m in serious need of a caffeinated beverage. You, on the other hand, are a vampire who is used to staying up all hours of the night and shouldn’t have a problem with staying awake and making sure that Leonardo DiCaprio demon doesn’t escape.”

Spike sighed and closed his eyes in aggravation, before suddenly opening them again and looking at Buffy oddly, “What does Leonardo DiCaprio have to do with anything?”

“Did I say Leonardo DiCaprio? I meant to say r…re…ret…rel, ergh, whatever the name of the demon was.” Spike continued looking at her funny, “What?!” she said defensively, “Leonardo DiCaprio demon is so much easier to remember than whatever that other name was. Besides, how can you look at that demon and tell me he doesn’t look like Leonardo DiCaprio?”

Spike tilted his head towards the other demon in the room and thought for a minute. “Well, for one thing, there are these horns…”

Buffy rolled her eyes and swept out of the room, sending Spike one more warning glare before she closed the door.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



“Hey, Giles.” Buffy said as she walked back into her watchers apartment, large mocha with extra foam in one hand and a croissant in the other. “How’s the whole demon thing goi…” Her voice trailed off as she saw the sight before her. Giles was tied to the chair where Spike had once been, and the chair had fallen on its side. Giles’s head was developing an impressive bruise and he had one solid scratch down his arm. Buffy dumped her breakfast and ran towards him, the worry clear in her eyes.

Giles opened his eyes to a panicked, blonde slayer in front of his nose. The moment she had spotted him coming back to consciousness, she had lent down to his face to examine him as he woke. “How many fingers am I holding up, Giles?” she said, her index and middle finger held up a few inches from his face.

“Buffy, I am perfectly fine. Now please, would you mind moving? You’re crowding me.” He said, letting his head fall back against the floor.

“Giles, I am not letting you move until you tell me how many fingers I’m holding up.” She said, shoving her fingers back in his face again.

“You’re holding up two, happy?”

“Very” she said, and with a sweet smile she went to work untying him and helping him get off the ground. “Hmm,” she said, inspecting his wounds, “I’m going to go get some gauze and antiseptic – don’t move! Wouldn’t want a badly injured watcher on our hands, now would we?” She tossed a smile over her shoulder and walked out of the room in search of medical supplies.

When she returned not five minutes later, Giles was lying across the couch and poking gingerly at his wounds. “Stop touching them,” Buffy demanded, swatting his hand away, “You’re only going to make it worse. Now, shove your arm out.”

Giles poked his arm out in front of him and Buffy sat down with the gauze and antiseptic. She examined Giles’s wound closely before pouring antiseptic all over it and winding the gauze around it.

“I think you’re going to need some ice for your head. You got any?” Giles shook his head at her question. “Okay, I’ll grab you a bag of peas from the freezer, that’ll do.” Buffy walked off and Giles could hear her opening the door of his freezer and closing it again. She walked back into the room and gave Giles the bag of frozen peas she was holding. Giles took it thankfully and placed it against the bruise on his head, hissing slightly when he started to feel the cold.

“So…”Buffy drew out, “What happened here? I mean, I leave for 10 minutes and when I come back Spike and the demon are missing and you’re unconscious and tied to a chair. You know, you really get knocked out a lot – it can’t be healthy”

“Ah, yes. I’m quite aware of that, but it can’t really be helped.” Giles said, “And I know how it must look, but I assure you even if you were here you couldn’t have really helped. You see, the Rebus demon had some sort of mystical jewel in its possession and while I was resting the demon somehow activated it. I awoke tied to the chair and watching the Rebus demon using the crystal to knock Spike out and run out of the house with him. I wonder what the gem was. There should be some mention of it a text somewhere – it had a very unique appearance, and didn’t seem like a usual run of the mill mystical crystal.”

‘Rhyme-y.’ Buffy thought.

“Okay! That’s great. You can research, get the rest of the scoobies around and find out what the deal is with this guys magic bling.”

“That’s sounds good. You can call up Willow, Xander and Anya and then you can start researching by yourself until they get here.”

Giles looked at Buffy, only to find she was staring at him aghast, “Giles, you can’t make me do the research girl thing! Can’t I go out and look for demon guy and Spike?”

Giles just shook his heads and pointed to a book. Buffy sat down with a sigh, begrudgingly opening it to a random page and reading.


Chapter End Notes:
A/N: Thank you once again for reading! Remember to review and everything, and with this I bid you good day!