Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys! I'm finally posting on time, yay! I hope you enjoy this chapter, despite the attempted rape here (it's quick, I swear). Unfortunately, it was necessary for the story. Nonetheless, let me know what you think... a review perhaps? :D Enjoy!
The leaves made little sense. William was known throughout the forest as a great tracker due to his keen human and animalistic senses, but he simply could not read the path. Sniffing around him, he smelled the distinct scent of fear wafting through the wind. Since the tracked path was in hiding, William decided to follow their scent.

But what if she wanted to leave with the other man? Then she wouldn’t be frightened, would she, he thought. The drive to find her grew tenfold when he heard a wisp of a desperate scream.

. . . . . . . .

Several minutes earlier

Buffy’s eyelids were too heavy to open. She could see flecks of red from the bits of light beyond, but that was all. As the world rushed back to her, so did the pain from the mighty whack Angelus gave her when she refused to be quiet. She attempted to move her hands and rub her eyes, but the ropes burned her fingers and wrists. She cried out.

“Oh darling, you’re awake!” he said in sarcastic glee. He lifted her eyelid harshly with his thumb. “Yes, there you are girl. I thought you’d never wake up and I’d never have my fun. Actually, I’d probably have fun anyway, but it wouldn’t be as fun, now would it?” he laughed as if it were a private joke. Buffy wondered how many women he had tortured, maimed, raped… she couldn’t bear the thought.

Eventually, she found the strength to open her eyes to the blurry site before her. Buffy thought she might be blind, but as her eyes cleared it became plain that it was an aftermath of the blow to her skull. Where was she?

The structure was possibly a castle once, but due to improper care or bad materials, the entire south wall was broken down and missing. Pieces seemed to swing from the vines growing up the stones. Three long iron bars bent as the building tipped toward the missing wall. She could not tell what was keeping it together, but the sight made little architectural sense to her. She was no expert, but the few blocks below held the larger portion above, despite its gradual collapse.

Buffy was tied to a jagged stone that bit her back if she moved too much. The ropes surrounded her refused to let up.

“Please, please don’t do this,” she begged quietly. Buffy hated being so weak, but her bindings were rough and painful; it seemed her only choice.

“Quiet,” he said quickly. He padded around the dirt floor, his hands clasped behind his back. He seemed to ponder something very seriously as he paced in front of her. Nervousness crept as she realized what he must have been thinking: how to keep her alive as long as possible before killing her. Finally, he turned to her with a murderous smile.

“William! My love, come save me! Please, I beg you!” she screamed as her life depended on it, and seeing the malicious look in the Rake’s eyes, it did.

“Oh lover, hush now,” his voice was saccharin sweet as he slowly stepped toward her. “No one can find you, no one can hear you. You are mine until the,” he paused for affect, “moment you die.”

“Can you hear me?! Please, help! William!!!” she cried as he came closer. Her screams echoed in the night.

. . . . . . . .

William!! a small voice prayed.

The man in question lifted his head and bolted toward the source of the sound. The branches whipped past his face and left welts as he ran faster and faster through the trees. What if he didn’t make it in time?

He couldn’t think that way. No, he would rescue her before it was too late. He had to. In his rushing, he almost ran directly into the River Annan.

The river gurgled angrily, as if abruptly woken from a deep slumber. Shocked, William jumped back a few feet and forgot his mission momentarily. That is, until her cries for help reached his sensitive ears again. William stared at the water in consternation. His mother always told him that the River Annan was not crossable.

How did the stranger get to the other side?

William ran down the banks in search of an opening or a log: anything would do. But nothing appeared except for the thrashing waves, reaching for the shore with hundreds of grasping hands. He did not seem to have a choice: he had to bargain.

“Hello? Annan?” he called out. Nothing changed for a few minutes. He called again to no avail. The third time he called, he demanded the water to show it’s true face. Suddenly, a whirlpool began in the center. It was a miniscule thing at first, but it grew and grew until a great gurgling came from below.

“Who is it that dares to speak to me?” it bellowed, spraying the young prince.

“I am William, son of the Queen and I demand you to calm your water so I may cross.”

“Why so glum on that side, William? What could possibly be better over there?”

“My love, she… she has been captured,” Williams eyes began to tear, but he wiped them away. There was no room for weakness.

“Oh yes, the Queen flew them o’er there a while ago. I could let you through, I could do that... but why should I?”

“Why should you? You should because I command you to!” he yelled, his impatience growing exponentially. The river splashed about.

“Well,” it burbled something resembling a sigh, “it is your love to lose.” As the whirlpool began to dissipate, William cried out again.

“No! I-I-I’ll make a deal with you.” The whirlpool started up again.

“A deal… how intriguing,” it spoke like a snake gargling with salt water. “But what have you to give me but the rags on your body?”

“I only have myself to give…”

“Done!” It cried out.

“What?”

“I will have your precious bones upon your return. For that, I shall let you wade across.” A moment later, the waves smoothed and glittered in the moonlight.

He had to work fast. Jumping into the calmed waters, he refused to consider the repercussions of their deal. Only one thing mattered anymore and that was Buffy. He would save her, even if it meant sacrificing himself. The sun was coming; William could smell it. He hoped she was still alive.

. . . . . . . .

“Well, it seems about time, does it not my sweet?” he whispered hotly in her ear. Buffy repressed the urge to spit on him, but feared he would do worse to her than he already planned.

“No, no.” she repeated, praying William would save her any minute. Angelus roughly grabbed her breast and kissed her furiously. Buffy squeezed her eyes tight; she knew what was coming and had no ability to stop it. Ripping her dress to shreds beneath the roped, he bit her flesh until it bled. She continued to beg and plead, but her cries were lost on the lusting man. Pulling his pants down swiftly, he rubbed himself in front of her. Knowing time was running out, Buffy cried out louder.

He positioned himself at her entrance and bit at her neck. It’s all over, she thought. Just when all hope was lost, a figure stood clumsily in the doorway. Her prayers had been answered! It was William come to save her! He had… she then noticed the figure’s rather short stature and long hair.

“Hello father.”


Chapter End Notes:
Oooh, cliffhanger :) Stay tuned!