Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys, timed posting once again! Whoot, i'm on a role :) Hope you enjoy this one. Angelus finally gets what he deserves. Please review!!
”Hello father."

The words echoed through the space. As the figure stepped into the moonlight, she realized it was a little girl in the archway. She had a glossy, almost transparent form with the exception of two menacing, black eyes. She did not, however, notice the violently shaking man slowly backing away from her.

“Not happy to see me?” she whined. Buffy couldn’t breath; between the shock of the Rake trying to rape her and the ghastly figure, she was about ready to faint.

“H-how did y-you… W-what…” he stumbled.

“W-w-w-well father,” she mocked, “I’m here to watch you die.” The little girl smiled with a set of crimson lips and blue-ish teeth. “Did you know I was once happy? Frightened and shy perhaps, but happy nonetheless. Then one day to my despair, my mother died. My father was a bad man and did not treat his children well,” she practically growled. Buffy looked back and forth between the two.

“But I killed you!” he shrieked as he backed away.

“Well… let me assure you, your little Winifred is back again.” The girl came closer to him, her voice rising in volume with each word. “You should have stopped where you started, Angelus. They’re all coming now and every cry you hear, every crack of every bone shall be your own from now on. And rest assured, it is all your fault.”

“No!” he yelled.

“Yes!” spoke a smaller girl. She suddenly appeared and padded to her sister. “Remember when you drowned me father? That was not your best work, was it?” she stated more than questioned. “No, you did far worse to the rest of them. Are you sorry now?”

“Yes, yes I’m sorry,” he pleaded.

“Sometimes sorry isn’t enough,” spoke a new voice. “Isn’t that what you told me before fighting me? Breaking my bones for the fun of it?” the little boy spat out the word ‘fun’. “Tsk tsk father, you have been a naughty boy indeed.”

“Leave me alone! Demons!” he shouted, quickly losing hope of his rescue. Buffy knew nothing of Angelus’ past, but she was certainly frightened of the three ghost children floating and staring furiously at the cowering man.

“Don’t you remember? How could you forget setting my hair and clothes on fire? Your only son.” Unlike the two terrifying girls, he appeared hurt. They were all quite young and Buffy’s maternal instinct took over.

“How would you like to feel our wrath this time, hmm?” Winifred stated.

“Yes! Our wrath!” Dawn repeated.

“Yes! Our… never mind,” Xander finished.

“My children, please,” Angelus tried to reason with them, “You don’t want to do this, not to your poor father. I couldn’t take care of you all and you would not have wanted to grow up with someone like me. You should be grateful I dispatched you before you had the chance to-“

“That’s right!” Winifred interrupted. “You never gave us a chance, which is why we are here now.” The children floated closer, eyes turning red. Buffy struggled against her bindings in fear that they would consider her an accomplice. She shut her eyes as the Rake screamed pitifully; she could only imagine the horrors they were inflicting upon him.

Suddenly, something tickled her wrist. At first Buffy ignored it, but it happened again. Craning her neck around she saw a small fairy-like creature cutting her ropes with a tiny, red axe. Slashing through, the fairy took no notice of the wide-eyed captive. When she was just about done, the pixie noticed her.

“’lo Miss,” she whispered. Buffy’s jaw dropped but she said nothing. “I’m not ‘ere to hurt anyone, least o’ all you.” With what she probably considered a comforting smile, she continued her work.

“How… What are you?” Buffy asked softly.

“I’m a pixie, I am. The powers above orchestrated all this and I’m ‘ere to help you.”

“Why?”

“Everyone wants to know why. Means to an end, Miss.” Before she could ask what the end would entail, the pixie broke through the last bit of rope. When she turned back to the Rake, the children had disappeared and he was talking to himself. The pixie handed Buffy the axe no bigger than her thumb.

As she looked upon the mad man, her rage grew. He could have killed her, tortured her or worse, hurt her unborn child. The axe glowed in white light and grew to a proper size, powered by her hatred. Buffy ran towards the crazed man.

In one clean swipe, she cut him in half. She hated the man and even more, she hated being weak. To make sure, she stabbed him once through the heart. He could never hurt anyone ever again. As the axe clattered to the floor, an out of breath and soaking wet William ran into the room.

“Buffy? Buffy!” he ran to the sobbing, blood splattered woman before she collapsed. William cradled her and rubbed soothing circles on her back.

“I love you,” she wept as she kissed him. “I love you, I love you,” she continued as she sought his lips.

“I know, I know, shh, my darling. I love you more than I have ever loved or ever will,” he said, tears threatening to spill form his own eyes. He could not bear to see her crying; his heart broke for her. What if the Rake had tortured her? Raped her? Why had he taken so long to reach the love of his life? Even if he had the opportunity, there was no chance he could reach her any faster. They embraced as if their lives depended on it, both feeling terrible for their actions.

As her sobs subsided into hiccups, William brushed the tears off her lovely face. Gazing into his azure eyes, she knew it was time.

“William… I’m pregnant.” Her vulnerability practically radiated off her in waves. At first William was silent with a blank expression. After a moment, a large smile graced his face. He picked her up suddenly and swung her around. He peppered kisses on her face and laughed ecstatically. Just as suddenly as he began, he stopped with a grave face. “What?” she asked timidly, wondering where the happy William went.

“I can’t be swinging you around; it could be bad for the baby,” he said as he knelt below her. He gazed up at her, more lovely than ever, and kissed her belly. He stood up and grasped her hand in his. “Let’s get you cleaned up.”

The pair walked like that, hand in hand, until they reached the serene water. Buffy bent down to wash her face; the moment her fingertip brushed the water, the violent waves crashed over her. When the waves subsided, she was gone. William looked frantically for her until he saw a head pop over the surface.

“William!” she spluttered as the waves pushed her down again.


Chapter End Notes:
Fear not! A pleasing Spuffy ending is at hand!