Author's Chapter Notes:
I decided to split this last chapter into two parts, just because I am mean that way. Thanks again to dragonflylady77 for being there for me always and making this fic possible! I love you girl!! So, this chapter is a little short and the lead up to the best part of the whole story!

Sorry it has been so long between posts, lets just say RL has been busy and leave it at that. A quick shout out to all who have posted reviews, you guys rock! So, please enjoy and comment.
As Buffy walked out of the airport, the soggy scent of the city filled her lungs. She sure didn’t miss this at all, but the man she loved was here and she was determined to claim him back. Taking in a deep breath, she hailed a cab and gave the driver the one address she’d thought she would never go to. He didn’t give her a second glance; after all, Buffy had made sure she had dressed for the part. She was wearing a black silk blend long sleeve wrap dress that Dawn had bought her before they’d left London with shiny black pumps, her blonde hair falling in soft waves on her shoulders. She hoped that it would be enough to get in the door and up to where she needed to go. The cab moved quickly though the city and Buffy stared out into the window, watching the setting sun’s light bouncing off the shop windows, her tension building.

The car slowed to a stop. Buffy gave a polite smile and paid the driver in cash with a $20 tip. The cab driver seemed to really like that, giving her a good look as she stepped out onto the curb and set her bag on the sidewalk. As the cab drove away Buffy sucked in a deep breath and scanned the building, tilting her head up.

“Wow. Evil sure knows how to put on a good show.” Buffy picked up her bag and adjusted the skirt of her dress before walking into the building with as much confidence as she could muster. She knew the place well enough to go straight to the elevators. The woman behind the desk didn’t even spare her a glance, too busy filing her nails.

Stepping into the elevator, she picked the floor that she knew Angel’s office was on. To get to Spike, she had to go through Angel first. She knew Angel would still be in his office because of that glorious setting sun. She just hoped Spike was nearby.
Nerves wracked her body as the elevator doors slid open and Buffy almost let them close again. Reminding herself she was here to find Spike, she stuck her hand out to prevent the doors closing and stepped out in the foyer. Except for a strange looking demon walking up the stairs, the place was empty. She had been told that Angel’s office was off to the right of the elevator. It helped that Buffy could hear Angel on the phone to someone. He sounded angry. Buffy set her jaw and stormed into the office.

“Angel.”

He looked up, startled, almost dropping the phone in the process.

“I…I…I have to call you back.” Angel slid the phone back into the cradle, unable to take his eyes off Buffy. His mind was racing. Why was she here? She didn’t look happy.

“Where is he?”

“Where is who?”

Buffy’s apprehension suddenly turned into anger at hearing Angel answering her question with a question. She was through playing games.

“Spike, Angel. Where is Spike?” she asked pointedly, putting her hand up to stop any interruptions when she saw him open his mouth. “Don’t even bother, I saw him in that magazine, I know he’s back and I know you’ve been lying to me.”

Angel stared at Buffy, a confused look on his face.

“What magazine? I mean, we saw you… in the… with the… you know!”

Buffy blushed. She’d forgotten for a moment about her own photo shoot, her moment of insanity.

“Where is he, Angel? I need to see him.”


Chapter End Notes:
Can you guess whats coming next? *wink*