Author's Chapter Notes:
Beta by Sigma

In my fic AU, Xander didn't marry Anya but they forgave each other eventually and decided to put off the wedding. I like Anya's character a lot and can't accept that she and Xander won't be together. Just righting some wrongs that Joss did!

The song "Super Girl" is from Reamonn

This chapter is totally Spuffy!
Everyone was there Willow, Xander, Anya, and...Tara? Buffy was surprised to see her there, but, then again, maybe what Willow had to tell them was so important that Tara had to be there...maybe she saw Angelus? Buffy was afraid that was it, until she saw Willow's big smile. "Hey, Buffy! And Dawnie and...Spike?"

Buffy opened her mouth to explain, but Spike interrupted her, "Heard there's some news so I figured I should be here." He knew it wasn't the right moment to reveal their relationship, and he was rewarded as Buffy sent him a smile before turning back to Willow.

"I wanted you all to be here because I wanted to tell you something." Willow smiled warmly at Tara who returned the smile. "As you all know I was a bit of magic freak, losing control and balance with life and all."

Anya snorted, "You can say that again. I was thinking more of Jerry Springer lesbo final…"

"Anya!" They chorused, hushing her.

"What? I just said what I thought."

"Not now." Xander muttered.

"Fine." She snapped.

Willow took long breath "Anyway, as I said before I was interrupted...I spoke to Giles about it and during summer vacation, next week, I'm go to England to meet with the Council and maybe discuss my magic training."

Buffy looked at her happy, but concerned, "Are you sure Wills? I mean, it is the Council we are talking about...Are you sure you wanna meet them?"

Willow smiled, easing the tension,"Yeah, I'm sure, Buffy. I already spoke to Giles. The Council is more then merely Quentin Travers and his minions. There are plenty of other sections and departments. Sort of like the FBI...But the other thing is that...Tara and I are back together."

Buffy and Xander hugged Tara and Willow, while Dawn grinned, obviously pleased. Anya merely looked indifferent, but Spike smiled a little,"Good for you, Red."

"Thank you." She grinned.

Buffy smiled thoughtfully as she watched the interaction. Maybe they would be ok with the whole 'Spike sleeping with her' thing...unless Xander opened his big mouth, that was.

"Well, now that we know why we are here and can get down to partying, I suggest that Dead Boy Number Two do the exit thingy." Xander looked at Spike, acting superior.

Buffy tensed, glaring at him. He frowned. Why was she acting so territoral? It was like he was her boy...wait a sec! "Buff, what..."

"Shut up, Xander, for once in your life. Spike is here to stay. He's my boyfriend. We sleep together quite often and...I give shit about what you think because I had enough of you." Grabbing Spike's hand, she pulled him to the dance floor as one of her favorite songs began.

You can tell by the way

She walks that she's my girl

"That was some speech you gave there, luv."

She could hear something odd in his tone...he was giving her a way out...he was willing to let her go back to her friends, if it meant she'd be happy. He would let her go to make her happy.

Tears began to form in her eyes, almost unbelievingly she stared into his beautiful face. Reaching out, she brushed his cheek as the lights played rainbow colors over them,"You're mine, my William. You promised that you wouldn't ever leave me...you promised..."

"Shhh..." he soothed her, his cold hand touching her soft, bronze cheek, wiping away her tears. "I will never let you go...you're my Buffy..."

You can tell by the way she talks she rules the world

You can see in her eyes that no one is her Chi

She's my girl my Super girl

"Do you think they'll hate me? I...I mean...after the way I treated them..."

"Naa, They'll get over it. Good for Red though..."

"Yeah, she looks so happy. Actually everyone looks so happy...maybe I shouldn't tell them about Angelus. After all, Willow is going to England with Tara, and I know that Xander and Anya are planning some trip to Europe or something. Dawn will probably stay with Dad, so what's good it is to tell them anyway?" She leaned her head on his strong shoulder as they slowly danced to the song.

Spike felt sorry for her. For the first time, she was truly, utterly alone. Her friends and family were free to live their lives, to do as they pleased, but not his Buffy. No, she was anything but free. Sure, she was the chosen one and all that bullshit, but she was also human...a frightened girl who'd suffered tremendously and was entitled to the freedom that will probably never come.

He knew that she wasn't a Slayer just because of her strength, her strategy, or the way she handle her life; she was a Slayer because she gave up her life for mankind. All the slayers did it...well, except for the slutty, dark-haired one, but Buffy gave more than that. She could have told them the truth about Angelus and asked for their help, but, no, she was ready to protect them, to let them live their lives while she dealt alone with the menace.

And then she'd say it's OK I got lost on the way

But I'm a Super girl and Super girls don't cry

And then she'd say its all right I got home late last night

But I'm a Super girl and Super girls just fly

"What are you thinking?" she looked at him with her green-gold eyes, loving and desperate.

"I was thinking that you are probably right, luv. No need to tell them. We can handle it together." He held her close to him, his cold lips at first, brushing lightly over hers, but then deepening into something more passionate.

The lights around them turned blue as he kept kissing her, savoring the taste of Buffy Anne Summers.

And then she'd say that nothing can go wrong

When you're in love what can go wrong

And then she'd laugh the nighttime into the day

Pushing her fears further along

Back at the table, the Scoobies had begun arguing and bickering the minute Buffy left to dance with Spike. Xander felt almost betrayed, but what made him really angry was the fact that no one else seemed to feel that way. "Wil, don't you care about Buffy?"

Willow shifted uncomfortably in her seat, "I...it's not that Xander. Yeah, I am surprised, but I'm happy for Buffy. I kinda like Spike, and he hasn't been bad for quite some time."

"I second that." Declared Dawn, giving Xander a quick smile.

"I'm not saying that Buffy doesn't deserve to get some happiness, or anything, but a vampire? I mean, it was bad enough with Angel, but Spike doesn't even have a soul!"

"Why?" Anya suddenly asked.

"Why what?" Xander looked at her, confused.

She continued, disturbed, "Why was it bad enough with Angel? He was good right? Soul and all? He helped you all from the beginning?"

"Yes, Anya, he, did but still…"

"Still what?" she snapped "I don't understand you, Xander, what? Why was Angel bad? I..."

"Because Xander had a crush on Buffy" Dawn interrupted "See, he always wanted to go out with her, and seeing Angel, cute, gorgeous and all over Buffy, he..."

"OK, Dawnster, she's got it." He looked nervously at his pissed-off girlfriend, the anger flickering in her eyes reminding him that she had been a vengeance demon.

"I got it all right." She stood up, grinding her words out as tears began to fall. "You still love her, that's it, isn't it? It's always Buffy this and Buffy that, I WAS NEVER ENOUGH FOR YOU!"

"No…" He tried to comfort her "I love you. I care about Buffy as a friend, but I LOVE YOU."

"I don't believe you." She snapped, "Maybe it wasn't a good idea for us to be together again."

"No, Anya, please, just...just listen to me."

Dawn felt miserable, she hadn't meant to start a huge fight, especially now that they'd gotten back together again."Guys" she begged "I'm sorry, please don't fight...we've got to stick together..."

Buffy moved to the music, grinding her hips against Spike. "Why do you always make me feel like I'm a super girl even when I don't think I'm one?"

She could feel him smiling, close to her face. It was true, though, he made her feel stronger, like nothing could hurt her when they were together. "Because you are my super girl." He whispered.

But I'm a Super girl and Super girls just fly

"Spike?"

"Mm?"

"I'm scared."

He kissed her again trying to take away her pain while he held her tightly, as if trying to keep her safe. Me too, luv

"Spike...please...don't tell anyone. I...I have to be strong for them...for Dawn and the others."

He didn't answer for a moment, just pulled her closer.

But I'm a Super girl and Super girls just fly

"It will be ok, luv, I promise you. I will not let him hurt you Buffy. I will protect you." *I will do that till my last day of existence, I will fight my Sire for eternity to keep you safe even if that means letting you go...letting you live your life without me*.

A single tear escaped her eyes and dropped on his face. It seemed to chill him as it landed.

Then she'd shout down the line tell me she's got no more time

Cause she's a Super girl and Super girls don't cry

"Just hold me, William. I want to pretend, just for a second, that we are only William and Buffy, dancing at the Bronze. No vampires, no demons, no Slayers, just plain 'ole us."

"Fine by me, luv."

Then she'd scream in my face tell me to leave, leave this place

Cause she's a Super girl and Super girls just fly

She's a Super girl a Super girl

Anya looked at Dawn angry, "There isn't any WE, Dawn. Willow is going anyway and Xander and I...well, I'm not so sure."

"No" snapped Dawn, she swung her long hair back, "You can't go...Buffy needs us. She'll need all of us to fight him and fighting with each other..."

Xander interrupted her "Whoa, please rewind and tell us what you're talking about?"

Dawn hesitate, but with all of them leaving, she felt she had to say something. She had no reason not to tell them, like her sister did. She was just a 15-year-old kid trying to help keep her sister alive. She didn't think Buffy had to fight alone, save the innocent, do the whole 'One girl in all the world' thing. "He...he's back...Angelus...and he wants to kill Buffy..."

Just as she revealed exactly what her sister had tried to hide, Buffy and Spike returned. As Dawn's statement left everyone speechless, Buffy turned to Spike and gave him a ghost of a smile before looking back at the others with a sigh. She had to tell them after all.

She's sewing seed she's burning tree

She's sewing seed she's burning tree

She's a Super girl a Super girl

A Super girl my Super girl


Chapter End Notes:
Like???