Buffy quelled a little at the use of the word ‘survived’ and noticed yet more fading cuts and bruises on his body. She was going to tell him off for doing something so reckless and dangerous, but she wanted to hear the rest of the story, so she settled for glaring and pinching his hand. He understood and carried on. “Well, it took me a while to track the ponce down, and when I did there were a lot more trials, and they were a lot more trial-y then I’d expected, but I did them, and I got my wish.”



Buffy’s breath had caught, “What did you wish for?”



Spike actually blushed and it was the sexiest thing Buffy had ever seen. “I wished I could be what you deserve.”



Buffy cupped his face, “You already were. Not that I don’t appreciate the incredibly brave but completely stupid thing you did.”



Spike smiled but shook his head. “No, I wanted to get my soul back, so you wouldn’t ever have to worry about me goin off the rails... an so I could shove it in Rupert’s face of course.”



Buffy smiled. “You already had a soul. I know you did. It had just gotten a bit buried.”



Spike looked at her in amazement, and couldn’t speak for several moments. When he did his voice had broken a little. “Yeah, that’s pretty much what the shaman guy said when I asked him about gettin one. He said you’d brought the soul out of me, helped it to defeat the demon. So I asked him to make me what you deserve, and this is what he came up with.”



Buffy held her hand over his heart. “What is ‘this’ exactly? I lov-liked you just the way you were, so if he’s broken you somehow he’s dust. Or dead. Or whatever you do to a shaman.”



Spikes eyebrows had shot way, way up when he’d heard Buffy’s little word slip. They had never said the L-word to each other before, though Spike knew that’s what they had between them. “Well... as you can tell he gave me a heartbeat, so technically I’m ‘alive’, but he didn’t change my kick ass super human strength, speed, senses or fangs, so I’d still be useful to you in a fight I’d wager.”


Despite the well of emotions which were threatening to overflow within her Buffy still quipped, “Those things never made you useful before.”


Spike growled playfully. “Well then kitten, how does this grab you, I can go out in sunlight, I can make a coat out of crosses if I want to, and I could have holy water on my cornflakes if I felt so inclined.”



Buffy actually squealed, “You can go out in sunlight?”



Spike was grinning like a mad thing, “Damn straight. I can’t wait to find out what the great poof has to say about it. He’s got no excuse now for stickin his massive forehead into our business...”



Buffy paid no attention, there was no room for Angel in her head at that moment. She had long ago given up reserving him any space in her heart. Her attention was focused solely on Spike and what he had done for her.



“So... so we’re the same now? Human, but something more than that at the same time?”


Spike nodded and grazed his lips across her forehead. “That’s about the size of it, yeah.”


Buffy twinned her fingers with his and took several deep breaths. Spike was warm now. And his warmth was setting her on fire.



A sudden thought came to her, “If, If you have a heart beat now, and that causes the whole blood flowing thingy, then do you need to drink blood anymore?”


Spike looked a little confused, as if this was something he had been wondering too. “I don’t have the thirst for it anymore, I don’t feel like I need it, or want it... but after the last trial the shaman gave me blood to drink, and it made my wounds heal up better... to be honest pet I don’t really know. I dont reckon I’ll be drinkin blood anymore through choice, but if i’ve got my teeth into some nasty, or if some nasties had their teeth in me, then maybe I will. Would that bother you?”



Buffy could say with complete honesty that it didn’t bother her a bit. Something which was more urgent had occurred to her. There was a slight note of panic in her voice when she said “If you’re kinda human now, then you’re not immortal are you? You can die can’t you??”



Spike didn’t answer, but cupped Buffy’s face with both of his hands and lowered his head until his lips could capture hers.


When Buffy had claimed Spike it had been the most intense, the most intimate, moment of her life.
Until this one.
It was the kiss to end all kisses. A kiss of more than life, a kiss of more than love. It was a kiss of longing. Of want and need. A kiss of joining. Of forever. Of eternity.


And it was only the beginning.



Their clothes were torn from their bodies, literally. Every inch was touched, kissed, explored, tasted.


Neither had known pleasure like it before, and neither wanted it to ever end.



The first time Spike plunged into Buffy she knew heaven again.


Euphoric tears made their way down Buffy’s cheeks and Spike kissed them all away. He kissed down her jaw, along her throat, around her thumping pulse point.
Buffy dug her fingers into Spikes shoulder and jerked wildly between hoarse cries, “Yours, Spike. I’m yours.”


Spike needed no more encouragement then that. He let his game face come forth and in the same instant plunged his fangs deep into her neck.


At his first pull of blood Buffy screamed, the uncontrollable scream of someone who has found perfection.
Her orgasm spun and throbbed, triggering Spikes own. Neither heard the words Spike said above the ringing that seemed to dominate their ears, but they felt them, deep inside their souls.



“Mine. My Buffy, my slayer. Mine.”




It wasn’t until some hours later, when they lay drenched in the essence of each other, that Buffy was able to speak again. She was amazed to realise she hadn’t forgotten her question from so long before.


The sound of his heart beat was like music to her, she loved it’s variations in speed and strength, but the same heartbeat terrified her. “Spike... are you still Immortal?”



Spike didn’t answer with his voice, but spoke to her mind. Something which Buffy found incredibly strange but also weirdly natural.

“I’m still immortal luv, so don’t fret. Apparently you deserve to have a partner that won’t go dyin on you willy nilly. An you definitely deserve to live as long a life as he does.”


Buffy furrowed her brows in confusion. Like her legs, her brain didn’t seem to be able to function.


Spike smiled and ran the tip of his finger down the length of her arm and back again, in a way that made her shiver with desire. “You’re life’s connected to my life now pet, through the claim. As long as I live, you live. And with a slayer like you at my side and a hundred plus years of survival techniques under my belt, I don’t plan on dyin for a long, long time. Or ever actually, If I get my bloody way.”


Buffy’s answering smile was radiant. “So does that mean I’m stuck with your irritating self forever then?”


Spike nipped his claim marks and Buffy squealed. “Fraid so pet, Du reckon you can handle it? Not planin on lettin you go you know.”


Buffy started to kiss her way up his chest. “It’s a good thing I love you then, or this forever deal wouldn’t seem so attractive right now.”


Spike tangled his hand in her hair and pulled her closer, so he could stare in her hazel eyes with his own fathomless blues. Buffy’s heart tried to escape from her chest. She could hardly believe the effect he could have on her from a look. Then he spoke, and she practically orgasmed because of his words, and nothing would surprise her again.


“Well it’s a good thing you love me Buffy, cos I’m gonna love you, and be lovin you, for all of that forever deal.”


Buffy began to move on top of him and gave him a lingering kiss. “Lets make forever start now then.”


Spike was more than happy to comply.


Chapter End Notes:
Thats all! Thanks for taking the time to read it, I hope it didn't disappoint!