Author's Chapter Notes:
Happy New Year, and once again, thanks to everyone who either gives this story a look, or cites it as their favorite, or takes the time to review each and every chapter.

Sorry for the very short chapter, but I really wasn't certain where I could end it beyond a certain point. Next chapter should be longer. Also, just to let you know, Buffy and Spike are NOT in this chapter, although they are mentioned.


A very slight prop from "The Real Ghostbusters" is in this chapter.

Disclaimer: I don't own any props from any series, and no plagiarism is intended. Just borrowing here, people, not taking.

XXXXXXXXXX

Angelus opened the door to the underground hideout to admit four vampire minions carrying a wooden crate. It was at least six feet long, and it was marked with all of the ports of call it had been shipped to on its way to the United States.

Next to the elder vampire was a badly burned Xander. The burn marks on his face were starting to heal, but the effort to escape from the holy water doused grave had taken its toll.

Xander was pissed, that was for sure. He stood behind Angelus, and behind both male vampires were Harris's friends.

"I don't get it!" Xander complained. "Why aren't we going out and getting the Slayer and her idiot friends? I've got a score to settle with her cop pal!"

Angelus whirled on the boy and glared at him. "Now you listen to me, boy! Darla told us to wait, and we're gonna park ourselves here!" He snapped.

Blackfeather spoke up next. "But, Sir…every moment we spend here is another moment for the Slayer to win!" he protested.

The third boy, Bob, put his opinion into the mix. "We should have ganged up and killed them!" he shouted.

Angelus sighed; fledglings could be so impatient! He had to admit; he didn't know why Darla and Drusilla had let everyone who was even remotely a threat live, but there had to be a compelling reason. He waited for his Sire to enter the room. When Darla came in wearing a gold lame dress, Angel's eyes lit up with unbridled lust.

"Not that I'm complaining, but why are you dressed like we're going out to party?" Angelus asked.

"We're expecting an important guest," Darla told him, nuzzling his ear. When Angel would have returned the gesture, she pulled away.

"Hey, guys! Wronged party, here!" Xander yelled. Both elder vamps stared at him. Xander now sported some minor burns on his face, but nothing significant.

"I don't know what I saw in you," Darla said finally. "I should order you to kiss the sun, but HE wouldn't like that."

Xander inwardly breathed a sigh of relief that he'd live to get his revenge. He didn't dare ask who Darla was talking about; he'd made her angry enough as it was. Drusilla, resplendent in a red dress, laughed hysterically.

"The Lord of the Dark approaches," she said, her eyes glowing red. "He wishes to speak."

Drusilla suddenly went slack. Her eyes closed for a moment, but when they opened, they were a blood red hue.

"Darla, my favorite," a male voice sounding like Satan said from the raven haired vampiress' mouth, "you've done well."

Darla bowed reverently. Dru walked slowly toward the blonde vampire and took her hand.

"You have my remains?" his voice asked.

"They're here," she said. "They will be arranged and ready for your awakening."

"Excellent, my childe," the male voice said. Drusilla's head turned as she regarded the other vampires in the room.

"It has been foretold, and now, it shall come to pass," the voice said, "that 'as the Era of the Chosen Few dawns, so shall the Age of the Demons. And the Master shall rise, and with the blood of the First Chosen and her intended, he shall be reformed, and he shall begin a reign such as the world has never seen. The demon hordes shall rule the Earth, and they shall feast on the blood of the innocents forever!'"

The Master's eyes looked around, and then Drusilla snarled with fury at what they saw.

"Where is the SLAYER?" he roared. The insane vampiress backhanded Darla with a vicious slap. Before she could recover or her family could move to protect her, Drusilla grabbed Darla and hefted her off the ground.

"I asked you a question, idiot childe!" the Master's voice yelled. "Answer me: where is the First Slayer?"

Darla trembled in her Sire's hand. "I don't know where she is," Darla reported, mortified to have to give the vampire who had bestowed the best gift any Creature of Darkness could bless a mortal with THAT kind of response.

"WHAT?" Drusilla's now-male voice thundered. "She is not here amongst us?"

He dropped Darla like a sack of wheat to the ground. The Master's childe sniffled, but was otherwise silent.

"We know who she is," Angelus piped up, wanting to protect Darla. Drusilla turned to him and looked at him the way one might look at a dimwitted person.

"Angelus," the Master's cold voice said. "I don't recall giving you permission to speak."

Sensing the power emanating from his sister's body, Angelus bowed his head, irritated to have to cow tow to the Supreme Master Vampire, but not being stupid enough to risk being killed by said Master.

"Drusilla will find out where she is," Angel responded.

"Yes, yes…" Darla said, seizing on any idea that would get her back under the Master's good graces. "Or, I could."

The Master's red eyes turned on his childe. He cast her a baleful look, saying, "It shall be for this shell to find her and the other sacrifices! In the meantime, take my bones from the box and place them on a table."

"You heard him, Xander," Darla snapped, "and do it carefully so that none are missing!"

Still fuming, Xander lifted the lid on the box. Inside were the bones of a long since dead body. Although it had been deceased for seemingly decades, signs of decomposition weren't evident. His two friends and the other minions arranged the bones so that they resembled a human skeleton.

"The bones are all here, Master!" Darla said.

Out of the corner of her yellow eyes, she saw her vampire father leave Dru's body. Drusilla would have crumpled, but Angelus and Xander grabbed her and pulled her up. The raven haired vampiress concentrated, then smiled.

"What is it, Dru?" Angelus asked, impatient. "What do you see?"

"The toy soldiers have Cinderella and the Fallen Prince at the ball!" she said. "They'll make the Golden Princess of the Sun dance to their merry tune." She swirled to non existent music just then.

"They've got the Slayer at the base with Spike," Darla said, grinning.

"Well, then, by all means, we need to go get 'em!" Angel said. "'Master needs his sacrifices, doesn't he?"

Xander was ecstatic! He and his buddies would finally make some of the cop's friends pay for what they did. The policeman would be beside himself, and the previously nerdy human would laugh as he drained all of the mortals dry. The best part would be that his kind would bask in the Master's darkness.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Inside the car, Giles grew more and more worried as the twenty minute window drew to a close. Buffy had not reemerged from the Army base yet, and try as he might to sense her, the Advisor couldn't poke through the blackness that was around him. He had managed to block knowledge of where Buffy was from the negative energies gathering, but their adversaries would penetrate his mystic spell eventually, if they hadn't already.

Something's approaching…he mentally pronounced, some powerful evil we've not faced yet. He thought about the books he had read concerning the Premiere Slayer before coming to meet Buffy. Giles remembered some of the prophecies outlined in the books.

"Cordelia," Giles requested, "I need to see your portable machine."

Cordelia logged in and then she handed it to the physician, saying, "Here. You break this laptop, you bought it."

Giles looked at her for a brief moment, muttering, "Yes, quite."

He turned his attention to the tiny screen, punching in Prophecies concerning the Premiere Slayer. At least ten web pages appeared. Accessing the electronic copy of Tobin's Spirit Guide, Giles found what he'd been searching for in a few moments.

"Oh, dear," Giles intoned as he read the screen. "This does not bode well."