[Reviews - 67] LikedPrinter
Summary: Spike is a vampire who is under a curse; Buffy is the Slayer, who could be the one who saves him. Will she be able to help Spike, and in the same process, save the world?
Rated: 18
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Spike/Other, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: No
Word count: 73218 Read: 43568
Published: 11/14/2010 Updated: 03/11/2012

1. Chapter 1 by mat528 [Reviews - 2] Liked (1344 words)
I’ve always kicked around the idea of doing a “Beauty and the Beast” tale, but one involving a crossover with a TV series, “Buffy: The Vampire Slayer”. This is an alternate universe tale, so some characters might be OOC.

Disclaimer: wish I owned them, but any recognizeable characters belong to Joss and Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox.

2. Chapter 2 by mat528 [Reviews - 1] Liked (2604 words)
A/N: Just to set the record straight, this story was originally posted on one of my other websites, but I am putting it here because it is a "Spuffy" story.

In this chapter, Joyce meets a very special vampire.

3. Chapter 3 by mat528 [Reviews - 2] Liked (1576 words)
A/N: Hope you like this so far. Not much of an author's note here, except to say some other characters will be introduced in this chapter.

4. Chapter 4 by mat528 [Reviews - 2] Liked (3175 words)
A/N: Spike meets Joyce, and Buffy's mother forms a new relationship.

5. Chapter 5 by mat528 [Reviews - 3] Liked (2791 words)
A/N: Just wanted to thank everyone for the kind reviews! It is always appreciated. As for when Spike and Buffy will meet, it is coming soon!

6. Chapter 6 by mat528 [Reviews - 3] Liked (2490 words)
A/N: I realize that this could be strange, but since this story is set in an Ultra Alternate Universe, I thought about teaming up Wesley with Anya.

Don't get me wrong: I like Xander and Anya together, and Wesley and Fred on "Angel", but I just wanted to push the envelope on this. Buffy doesn't appear in this chapter in order to set things up between Anya, Spike and Wesley, but she's in the next chappie. Promise!!

Anyway, on with the story.

7. Chapter 7 by mat528 [Reviews - 4] Liked (2336 words)
A/n: Finally...the meeting takes place! Thanks to those who waited so patiently, and thanks for all reviews!

For those who may have read this on my other websites that I post to, this is slightly edited, but there are no great corrections to the chapter, just some minor added insights into Joyce's and Buffy's thoughts.

8. Chapter 8 by mat528 [Reviews - 3] Liked (2864 words)
A/N: So, Spike and Buffy finally meet! Thanks to all who patiently have waited for this meeting, and thanks for all of the kind reviews! I'm introducing a new character in this chapter whose importance will become more apparent later. This chapter is slightly edited from the other website I posted it on originally.

The new character, C. G., is modelled after two actors who played the same vampire on TV prior to when "Buffy", or "Angel" aired. If you guess who he's modelled after, I'll give you a cookie!

Anyway, on with the story!

Previously: "Bloody hell!" he swore as he gingerly rubbed his throbbing nose.

9. Chapter 9 by mat528 [Reviews - 3] Liked (3839 words)
A/n: This chapter was a little harder to write, simply because I am trying to still introduce and cement my origin stories, or return to other characters. If it is a little long, I apologize. I will also try to put more action into some future chapters.

Spike & Buffy are a little OOC, as are some other familiar faces, but since this is an AU tale, I am not apologizing for that.

10. Chapter 10 by mat528 [Reviews - 3] Liked (2758 words)
A/N: Just to let you know, this chapter doesn't have Buffy and Spike, simply to flesh out some other situations and characters. If this bothers anyone, sorry for that. This is slightly edited.

The other Watcher is based on a character in "Night Rider" and the actor who played him (Edward Mullhare). I don't own that series.

11. Chapter 11 by mat528 [Reviews - 3] Liked (2469 words)
A/n: This chapter picks up right when C. G. leaves the police station, so there is very little passage of time. I just wanted to break up the medical explanation scene from what will occur next.

FYI: I actually like Xander, but for the purposes of this universe, I thought it would be fun to insert “evil Xander” from the ep. “The Wish” in season three of BTVS.

The usual disclaimers that I don’t own “evil Xander” or any publicly recognizable characters except for C. G. and Xander’s friends applies.

This chapter is slightly edited. Spike doesn't make an appearance until the next chapter.

12. Chapter 12 by mat528 [Reviews - 3] Liked (3671 words)
A/n: In this chapter, Spike and Buffy draw closer.

Spike is a little OOC, as is Dawn's character, who appears in this chapter. Dawn isn't Buffy's sister, nor is she the Key. Anyway, that will become clearer later.

This chapter is slightly edited from the original posting.

13. Chapter 13 by mat528 [Reviews - 2] Liked (1839 words)
A/n: Riley makes Buffy an offer; Wesley is in trouble, and Giles stops by Buffy's house with something to say in this chapter.

Spike doesn't appear in this chapter but he is mentioned. I promise though that more Spuffy is on the way.

Disclaimer: any recognizable plots, dialogue or props are not mine. They're Joss's and his partners and subsidiaries and I am making no money off of them.

The chapter is slightly edited.

14. Chapter 14 by mat528 [Reviews - 3] Liked (4343 words)
A/N: In this chapter a Slayer comes to grips with her conflicting thoughts, and a mother lets her know her feelings about her failed marriage, and her daughter's new opportunity.

15. Chapter 15 by mat528 [Reviews - 3] Liked (1844 words)
A/N: Of all the chapters I am writing, this one was by far both a joy, and a pain to write. It is in two parts because to tell the whole plot to this in one chapter would be way too long. I should be able to post the next part in a couple of days.

In this chapter, we see Spike's desire for Buffy getting stronger, and we also find out about why she took Riley's ring.

16. Chapter 16 by mat528 [Reviews - 4] Liked (5380 words)
A/N: This is the second part of chapter fifteen, which contains elements from "Fool For Love". It is edited from my posting on ff.net, and this part of the story explains how Spike got cursed. There are Character Deaths in this chapter as well.

Before I continue on with the story, I just wanted to give shout outs to all those who have stuck with it and all who encouraged me! I really appreciate all of the comments and kind words! They truly encourage me.

On with the story, then!

17. Chapter 17 by mat528 [Reviews - 3] Liked (1608 words)
There is a character death in this chapter.

Thanks again to cordykitten, magnus374, bridget and Photographynut for their reviews and kind words! Thanks, also, for all those who viewed my story! You rock my universe and make me a better writer!

Just letting everyone know that, since this is very AU, Buffy and Willow haven't met, since Willow is slightly older and goes to school with Cordelia.

Anyway, on with the story!

18. Chapter 18 by mat528 [Reviews - 3] Liked (2350 words)
Of all my two part chapters this is the one I kinda like least, only because it was so hard to spilt it so that it wouldn't be too long.

In part one, Buffy learns about being the Slayer, and comes to grips with her insecurities.

Spike discusses the uniquely evilness that is Angelus, and Joyce learns something not good about the Army Commander she recommended for Buffy.

19. Chapter 19 by mat528 [Reviews - 3] Liked (4046 words)
A/N: This chapter contains a little more exposition in it as we see differing views on vampires. Also, Riley shows his true colors, while C. G. is the voice of reason.

Concerning Spike's "family" in this chapter: it is a little different from the series. Darla sired both Angelus and Drusilla, and Dru sired Spike, so that makes Angelus Spike's uncle.

(One thing about C.G.: he's a young Geraint Wyn Davies, of "Forever Knight" fame, in case I didn't mention it before.)

20. Chapter 20 by mat528 [Reviews - 3] Liked (3882 words)
This is a longer chapter, but it pretty much starts from the end of chapter eighteen. It is slightly edited.

21. Chapter 21 by mat528 [Reviews - 2] Liked (3896 words)
A/N: Hope everyone is happy and having a great holiday season! My festive mood sparked my creative streak, so here is a slightly edited, longer chapter to read.

Thanks to all who have viewed and reviewed. Your insights and comments are the best presents I can hope for!

In this chapter, Wesley is interrogated (and remembers a torturous moment); Spike and Riley come to an understanding about the Army Commander's mean streak.

Just to clarify again: Darla turned both Angelus and Drusilla in this alternate universe.

22. Chapter 22 by mat528 [Reviews - 3] Liked (5789 words)
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holiday. To that end, here is a long, slightly edited, chapter.

For the record, Spike in this universe is Hostile 18.

23. Chapter 23 by mat528 [Reviews - 2] Liked (1317 words)
Happy New Year, and once again, thanks to everyone who either gives this story a look, or cites it as their favorite, or takes the time to review each and every chapter.

Sorry for the very short chapter, but I really wasn't certain where I could end it beyond a certain point. Next chapter should be longer. Also, just to let you know, Buffy and Spike are NOT in this chapter, although they are mentioned.


A very slight prop from "The Real Ghostbusters" is in this chapter.

Disclaimer: I don't own any props from any series, and no plagiarism is intended. Just borrowing here, people, not taking.

24. Chapter 24 by mat528 [Reviews - 1] Liked (1651 words)
Just a quick one to say that the character of Luke is not the same one as the "vessel" of the Master in the pilot and subsequent episodes.

25. Chapter 25 by mat528 [Reviews - 3] Liked (3356 words)
The Master reveals his plan, Buffy and Spike are in the fight of their lives, and C. G. is in hot water in this slightly edited chapter.