Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is the new chapter, maybe I'll edit it a little later though...
Buffy froze for a few seconds, an interesting image coming to her and then frowned



" Eww to that ! Let's all forget about those disturbing words and move on ! As I was saying : when we took over the watcher's council, we became aware that there was gonna be trouble in LA, the former council already had this manor for decennies, but we decided it would be better to find a way to hide it and protect it. "



Spike was relieved that Buffy had calmed down.



She was great when she improvised. She was so nervous earlier, and knowing that if he pissed her off or embarrassed her, she'd forget all the speech she had rehearsed, and talk naturally. He knew she'd relax after getting some steam off, and noone better than him could do that. And well, it wasn't his fault if a little flirting and innuedoes were the solution !



Still looking at her brilliant performance, he never felt more love for her, she was always beautiful but when she was talking about what she believed in, about helping people, she was never more passionnate than in those moments, his slayer.



She was still talking, looking ravishing in the leather that he had rarely left for the last 30 years, well maybe sometimes she was more passionate, he smiled.


" You see we had this idea from Dawn, see, there was a warlock in Sunnydale that used to cloack his lair, so why couldn't we ? Gathering all the power and minds of the people on our side, we found a way to make this house invisible to EVERYONE ! Not only demons or vampires, but also humans ! 'Cause we learned to our expense that human could be dangerous as well... " he heard her voice waver, obviously thinking about the death of Tara.



" Since W&H employ many humans, we had to make sure, that the house's restrictions would also... "



But Buffy couldn't explain further with the phone ringing loudly. " Just a Minute" ,



" Hey ! " she frowned at the insisting caller



" Yeah, I'm fine ! No, just forgot the phone, yeah, I got the messages but since it was nightime over there I thought it'd be better to call in a few hours... I know ! No I'm not hurt don't worry ! ... No I'm not lying ! I'm fine... Yeah ! saw Angel, know all about the contract... Don't worry ! What ?! Now ? No... I mean, maybe later... No, I don't know how to turn it on..." but Buffy couldn't stop her friend from hanging up.



" Video conference ? " were Angel's first words since long.



" Vampire enhanced hearing ? " asked back an irritated Slayer as half a dozen TV screens seemed to appear out of nowhere, which she knew were her witch/superbrainy friend's doing, pirating on the house network.



They didn't have to wait long until the second screen turned on by itself and a very worried Willow appeared.



" Buffy ! You got us worried to death do you know that ?! " the redhead scolded ignoring the other people there.



Buffy cleared her throat " I'm fine, said so, you should just have believed me ! "



"Well, your unwillingness to turn the camera on for me to check was making grounds to doubts, isn't it ? So what's this deal about ? How's LA ? "



" We have guests, Will, chit chat with you later.." Buffy tried her best to sound cheery and stepped back so that willow could catch a look at all the people in the room and just stop the uncalled for videoconference.



" Oh ! Hi ! How are you ?! I must have sounded very impolite, but it's just because I didn't think she'd invite you in so soon... " but Willow froze as she spot the familiar vampire, " And you invited SPIKE !! "



"Hi Red ! "



Willow now looked at Buffy, bewildered " I thought we agreed on hating Spike ?! " she said aloud.



Then, she squinted her eyes and zooming in her embarrassed friend she shrieked : "Are you possibly wearing Spike's duster ?! "



Buffy blushed as she had forgotten that detail : " Well, it's complicated... Anyway, had to get them all in and I was explaining to them about the house and other things."



" Buffy ! Go change ! "



" What ?! "



" Giles and Xander will be on in a few seconds ! "



Buffy just dashed up the her room, as Spike cringed. She knew how it would appear to him but she had enough of judging stares for a whole year, after saying how much she hated the vampire, having the people in LA know she made love to him just after one day was one thing, but having that information travel to Europe, to the people to whom she bitched about him with for the past month, to the people she so made it clear she didn't want to have any kind of contact with him.. It was too much to handle !



" So how is it going with your bitchier-than-thou minislayer ? "



" My what !?... Oh ! You mean Ken ? hahaha ! I forgot you had this habit of naming people ! "



" So ? "



" We're.. We're ok, but why are you calling her that ? "



" Cause that's who she is, and well, she's no Glinda.. " Spike saw the pain he caused to the witch " Sorry, didn't mean that, I mean, she can be ok if you need her. "



" I know." was the only response Willow gave to him with an understanding nod.



" Hey there ! Where's Buffy ? "



" Buffy ? " Both watchers appeared on the other screens looking for the slayer they cared so much about.



" Buffy is in the bathroom, gonna come back in a minute guys ! "



" Oh ! Okay, so she's fine right ? You saw her ? "



" Yeah, and she it seems that she took everyone to the manor and was explaining to them how it worked. "



" Oh, so she's fast isn't she !? " said Xander while missing the awkward looks around "Maybe we can help with the explaining ? "



" Hey ! She was telling us 'bout how you had this place cloacked like Rack's "



" Oh ! Spike ! So delightful to see you ! ...I hope you'd believe me when I say that ? "



Giles had thought over his past impressions and behaviour towards the vampire, he had learned to trust Buffy's instinct more than his over the past months, and if she thought he deserved to know about the operation, he would too.



After getting a nod from the blonde he had tried to get killed he explained " So we had only a few selected people including of course Buffy allowed to see it, get in, and guide other people in, the place is totally safe, so you see, because we knew that as soon as the slayer would be in LA, W&H or any other evil would be trying to attack her, and LA is too dangerous right now, even for Buffy. "



" Thanks for the vote of confidence ! " teased the slayer who just came back. She was wearing a large white T-shite and jeans, now.



" But I have to agree, LA is real dangerous right now, it's been unprotected for a long while and very powerful demons had settled their nest here. " she added to the discomfort of the other people in the room.



" It's not unprotected, WE protect LA ! "




" Who are you kidding ? I know you all got too immersed with all the lawyer things that you can't properly patroll anymore. It didn't even take me ten minute out by myself to be attacked by a dozen of vampire ! It never happened in SunnyDale, they knew they had to be careful ! " Buffy said harshly with her refound confidence.



" They knew not to be reckless and obvious, Those I saw yesterday didn't even hide who they were, and propably were working for some bigger bad, someone rich enough to put 10 millions on my head and powerful enough to keep dozens of vamps under him. "



The LA team just looked down as they knew she hit the spot.



" I thought we'd talk later but since you all insisted to come here, let's get it over." she sighed sitting down.



" Are you guys content with the choice you made ? Of the situation you are in ? Was it worth it ? " she asked the W&H workers.



" It's not been a long time but I watched you all, I think you want out, and WE can try a way to help you guys to get out, it's time to make a choice. Is the library they provided, the money, sun proof glass,all the things that lured you in, still enough ? Do you still think you can make a difference from the inside ? That you can outwit them in this way ? "



" Do you have a solution ? " asked expectantly Angel.



" A solution ? I hope we can find one but I won't make this choice easy, it's not supposed to be easy. Once you make it there won't be turning back this time, no wavering anymore, it's your last chance. If you break our trust afterwards, there WILL be consequences I'll give you time to think over it, to weight what is most important for you, what sacrifices you'll have to make, the risks you'll have to take, and in a week of time, if you made up your mind, you'll just have to come here, to the field." Buffy explained.



Letting the words sink in, she just looked at them, seeing their expressions, watching their reactions. The former Scoobies and now members of the Council board just smiled proud of their leader.



But another screen turned on as they saw Dawn, " Buffy ? Are you okay ? Why didn't you call me ? "



" You're supposed to be sleeping ! And what are you wearing ? "



" Oh I'm grown up now ! Don't be such a bore ! Anyway, I was worried about you what's happening ? You jsut said you had to go to LA and refused to take me.."



" You had classes to attend to ! "



" Yeah, like THAT was the most important ! "



" It's important ! Go to sleep now, you have classes tomorrow as well !"



" Well, you know what ? If you don't let me come with you I..; Maybe I'll do crazy and stupid things here, you know the only ones looking after me are Andrew and two slayers my age ? Maybe, maybe I'll sleep with Chris tonight if I want to !! "



" Who's Chris ? " was asked.



" Chris is her boyfriend right now, AND she won't be sleeping with him."



" Spike ? You don't want me there but you take Spike in ? "



" Dawn go to sleep, we'll talk tomorrow. I'm tired and it's in the middle of the night there."



" Hey Nibblet."



" Well, Spike if you wanted to be dead for good all you could do was ask ! " replied the angry teen.



" Don't say things like that, dawnie" soothed her sister.



" Hmmm... I think .. " Giles started tried to stop it.



" Yeah t's late I'm gonna turn in." Xander yawned.



" Well not me ! You know what I won't forgive you, Spike ! " continued to rant the girl



" I'm not Buffy ! you may have a special pass with her that she forgives you everything but not with me ! I'll never forgive you !! You hear me never ! "



" Dawn !! Turn it off now ! we'll talk tommorrow"



" Yeah ! Dawn comes home late, she gets grounded, Willow and Anya got all the 'I'll kill you deal' and Giles gets ignored for weeks, but not Spike, right ?! "



" Dawn ! " Willow gaped at the girl



" He sleeps with one of your best friend but it's OK since it's Spike, then he tries to RAPE you, kills people post-soul and the punishment is to move into our basement, ALWAYS gets forgiven ! Well I'm not you and I wish he STAYED Dead !! Real dead dead ! "



" Dawn ! Go to sleep ! NOW ! " Buffy shouted at her sister.



" Willow ! Turn everything off ! " And so did Willow but not before Dawn added " I hate you !! I hate you both !! "


Chapter End Notes:
thanks for reviewing, please keep doing so, I'll try my best to speed up things a lil