Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks very much for the reviews on the first chap.. after reading it again I thought it wasn't what I intended it to be.. or maybe...
well anyway thank you !!
An awkward silence followed as everyone saw the altercation....

" So back to saving the world together, huh ? " Wesley tries

" Yeah ! It's the first time I'll be fighting on the legendary Slayer's side !! Well, it's not like we'll really be fighting since we're there to keep their chief from dying, but-" Fred cheerfully blabbers

" Not so legendary... " Buffy says embarrassed and thinking to herself about how wierd it was for her to have been convinced to ressurect a demon lord by Luke (the Immortal), Giles and Angel....


After closing Sunnydale's Hellmouth they all decided to reform the Watcher's council and Faith, Xander, Giles, Willow and her would have equal say in the big decisions while continuing to find all the Slayers all over the world and guiding them with the help of seers witches, and remaining watchers.

A month ago, they had this phone call from Wesley saying that they found Dana, a slayer who was completly schizophrenic in LA ; as they only heard rumors about what made Angel become part of W&H, or how he changed, how his goals changed, they thought it was better to send Andrew, someone no one would ever fear or suspect to have greater means and will.

But they never expected that Andrew would bring something other than intel and Dana.
She still remembered the sadness of hearing Andrew say that Angel was trying but not fighting anymore, she didn't understand what he meant then but didn't have time to think more because Andrew still blabbered about how he got to Dana, how scary it was, trying to look everywhere but at her until she got pissed and asked if there was something she had to know.
Yeah, the guy really couldn't hide a thing ! So he told them how he saw Spike there... Spike was alive ! But he didn't want Buffy or any of the Scoobies to know, not that Andrew WANTED to hide it !
Then even before that news sank in, they learned that Dana had cut off Spike's hands. She couldn't imagine him without his hands, fighting her, holding her, touching her. She was so... she didn't in what state she was in as so many feelings were rushing at her.

Happy ? Angry ? Worried ?

None of those and wierdly all at the same time ! But she decided to respect his wishes and act as if she didnt know. Didn't know he was alive, didn't know he didn't want her to know.

And then came the Immortal, unbelievably charming and really hot actually ; tried to hit on her but they soon became great friends, he respected her and her need for Buffy time. So after a few tries he never talked about being together again.

She in return respected his will to stay independant and appreciated his help and wisdom. And then bam ! The head situation !

She had a dream of the demon lord getting his head cut and the armies of demons fighting each other, of the humans getting killed by it...

After talking about her dream to Luke and after a description of the demon, he told her he knew what to do.

And then, a few hours later he called a council meeting saying he stole the head from Angel and Spike and that the council was to decide whether that demon was to be ressucitated or not, if they were up for the fight or not.

She knew they could have come up with a plan to fight all the gangs involved, they were all only demons anyway, and she had under her supervision hundreds of slayers now.

But except for Faith (who was under noone but her own orders), the girls were still green and unfocused, like Giles said they could win but not without withstanding huge casualties and she was tired of that word "casualty " ! If doing this would delay that fight, let them have more training, experience, why not ? She understood the logic in that !
She did, but then against her will the decision came to who had to oversee everything and as she was the only one that Angel would let interfeering.

Pros on Buffy going to LA : observing W&H and delay the war, Faith was too "Faith" to get any info on W&H, no casualty
Cons : Her seeing Spike again
And she somehow lost in the vote...


And there she was in a van with the W&H team trying to make conversation with people she wasn't sure how to interact with.

" So Gunn, you are W&H's lawyer ? I... Will talked to me about you guys. About Fred being the brainy and bookish type but... I thought she said you were a fighter ? "

" I was... I mean... I am, but I got W&H doctors and shamans to add human and demon law knowledge to help me with the work "

" oh ! I see... It's... hummm... interesting ? "
Another awkward silence followed as she could see on the other people's faces that not everyone was thrilled by Gunn's decision..

" So they are the ones who patched up his hands... " she whispered

Everyone looked at her trying to figure out what she was saying.

" Yes ! They are ! They're great right !! You get you hands cut and kaboom ! as good as new !! Well, not kaboom, but like wow ! You know we have such great means in W&H ! And you know Spike- "

" Wasn't asking for that much, just wanted to change the subject.... " Buffy tried to stop Fred from talking.
" We're almost there ! And one hour early ! I'm even surprised that no one tried to stop us ! " said omenously Wesley, trying to break the awkard silence once again.... just before their van gets hit by a truck.


Chapter End Notes:
I LOVE reviews !!! absolutly love them ! so.. *eyelashes battling * review if you have one minute please ? it keeps me going...