Author's Chapter Notes:
Long time no see, hope peole will like this chapter...
"So ? "

"What ?"

"Who's the lad ?"

"None of your business for now. Tell me why you can't stop stalking me ?"

"Not stalking, just a coincidence,... I mean... I mean I was just doing my habitual patrol, you know I do patrol, and then saw you two fighting the big guys and the Goundr'll in the shadows, you know those Goundr'll guys are pretty nasty and all ! didn't want him to blow your cover so caught him... "

"Just a coincidence huh ? Like yesterday and the day before and the day before that ? " Buffy raised her eyebrow.

"What ? No ! Just today ! "

"Please ! Slayer here ! Do you think I'd still be here if I wasn't able to tell if a master vamire was on my heels ? That and you'r a terrible liar.. "

Spike looked down, " Just wanted to make sure no one saw you" he muttered.

Buffy smiled at him, it was times like this she couldn't resist comparing her centanary lover to a little boy, he was so adorable sometimes.

"Thanks." she said raputting her hand on his upper arm.

He took her hand in his and said "I'd do anything for you"

"You got to be more careful though... "

"I made sure no one followed me. They don't care much about me, not part of their big scheme and all that, not important enough for them to care I guess"

" You're important. You're a champion, one that closed a hellmouth. Don't talk about yourself like that."

If vampires could blush Spike thought he would at that moment, but he just looked down and settled in an incomfortable silence waiting for her to say anything.

"You look better, I'm glad you look better." she whispered.

"I told you, it was nothing." he replied when he caught on her lingering guilt over the wounds she left on him.

"... yeah. You did." She just looked at him looked into his eyes wondering what she could do to make him understand what she realised, make him know she wanted a second chance with him. She was never good with relationships, especially Spike-relationships, but she knew she needed him, needed him to be there for her however selfish that was, she couldn't stand the idea of not having him in her life, of returning to those days where she thought he was dead, feeling that hollow and guilty again, but she was even more scared that he didn't want her the same way, scared that however he wanted her he just wasn't in love with her anymore, terrified that that might be the reason why he hid his non-deadedness or whatever the word was for vampires coming back from the dead.

She didn't know if she could take that leap, if she could put her heart in line like that and wait for him to smash it into little bits and still look at him, work with him to handle this apocalypse and knowing he didn't love her anymore, that she mistreated the one man that loved her above anything else so much that she killed that love. To know for sure that she had been so horrible that she was the reason that drove him away that made the man who she thought would never abandon her doing just the same as the other men in her life.
Not knowing what to ask or what to say, closing her eyes, fearing that words would make things worse, Buffy just leaned towards him and kissed him tenderly, almost chastly, trying to convey her love and need for him with actions instead.

Spike couldn't believe it when he saw her lips approaching his, and then when she gave him the most tender, soul baring kiss he ever received he just let go and returned it, he let go of his half hearted promise to himself not to get too close to her, his vow to try and keep himself away from her, to just be a friend and nothing more.

Keeping the kiss tender the longest possible, he let himself dwell on her scent, on the soft feeling of her lips, he kissed her until she gasped for air and then couldn't help but open his mouth as well to let his toungue explore the cavity of her mouth, to dance with hers, to taste her like his life depended on it. He didn't how it happened but her hands were suddenly on his back and he put one of his on her shoulder caressing it but he felt her wince, he stepped away looking at her and finally noticed her pained expression.

"What ? Are you alright ?"

"It's fine, just took a small hit from Purply."

"I'm taking you home" he frowned, no way he'd let her being a target from all the LA monsters while being injured.

"I'm fine, got myself some things to do, and have to see the guys in 3 days." she sighed.

"And the lad to train ? What is he ?"

"... Spike, it's better you don't know."

he just raised his eyebrow, " Well, whatever he is I won't let you run around like ...."

"You won't LET me ?!" she glared at him. But she calmed herself down right away, no need to go back to old patterns. "Take me hoome, we'll talk there" she sighed.

To say that she astonished him was an understatement, he thought she would have punched him as soon as the words left his mouth, knew she wouldn't like him telling her what to do.
But you don't look a gift horse in the mouth, so he just went along and took her back to her place.

After they arrived he asked her were the healing paraphernalia was and started dressing her wound after she took off her shirt, he was so fixated on her wound and worried that she may have some broken bones that he didn't even notice she was now only on her tube top and how much of her cleavage and stomach was showing until he finished she reassured him that she was only bruised.

She looked into his eyes and tiptoed to kiss him, this time more passionately, with all her heart, her hands carressing his chest, trying to reach out for more, for him to show him her love, to make him understand how much she needed him, how much she loved him.