Author's Chapter Notes:
So I hope this is better than the 2 first chappies... hope people will like it and review some...
As she kicked the door open to get them out she realized they were surrounded by dozens of demons.

" Wes, take care of everyone ! Buffy and I will take care of the rest ! " Angel ordered while handing a sword to Buffy as he took one for himself.

Realizing the intentions of their opponents were other than killing them, Buffy shouted: "Angel !! They're trying to stall us !! We won't make it in time if this goes on ! Take the head there ! I'll protect everyone until you come back ! "

" You can't take them all by yourself ! And it's too far ! Never mind the head ! I'm not letting you by yourself here !”

" I can take care of myself and your friends ! Seen worse than that ! The mission is to get the head back, and that's what matters now ! Just go !!! " screamed a very pissed Slayer at her ex lover.

Then half of the demons minions literally blew up on their right side.

Spike, whom they didn't see coming had thrown some explosives at them.

Stopping his motorbike beside the van, he yelled : "Hurry big poofter ! We'll take them down ! "

Fighting his reluctance to leave Spike and Buffy to team up against the many enemies, he took the bag and got on the Harley, speeding to the mansion.


Buffy and Spike fought beside each other like they were never apart, finding back their rhythm and killed the opponents while watching each other's back, reprising a dance that they knew too well.

As Wes had tended to Fred's minor injuries and Gunn finally came to, the blonde pair gained three more allies and the five fought so hard and killed so many almost effortlessly that they got the remaining crowd running away in horror.

Seeing that there was no obstacle anymore, Wes called the headquarters to send them a new car so that they could get to see the ritual...


...And so they arrived as Angel was getting out from the main gate, hurrying to come back to save them.

The six companions smiled at the ensouled vampire.

"What ? did you think a couple of baddies would slow us down ? Hero complex much huh ? " said Gunn with a smirk.

Angel was too relieved to see them all safe and sound to be bothered by his associate's joke. " Let's get inside then, the ritual is starting, and then they have a huge re-birth party ! "

" Oh a party !! It's been ages I hadn't been at one ! "

" You were at Brad's birthday's just last Monday ! " said a confused Fred.

" That wasn't for fun !!! I had to see Angie for work !!! "

" You mean you were at Brad Pitt's ?!? You are their lawyers ? They know demons ? " squealed an amazed Buffy.

" Well people that beautiful and rich had to have something to do with magic, luv."

Completely ignoring Spike Buffy went on " So Lorne, which other celebrity had evil working for them ? "

Seeing the hurt Spike was trying to hide reminded Wesley of the days Fred and Gunn were dating, he knew too well what a woman could do to you, and he felt the urge to help the vampire.

" Ahem... Anyway, let's go before the ritual ends, it's my first time seeing something that huge ! You two can gossip all you want after that ! "


In the ballroom, Buffy observed the ritual even though she knew what was going to happen. Had discussed it with Giles, Luke and Will before going to LA, had to make sure there wouldn't be any human sacrifices or other dangerous things getting out from that. Well things other that the demon they were resuscitating.

It was just some chanting done by powerful dark magic witches, some goat, snake and other animals sacrifices, more chanting from the family and there it was, one of the most powerful demon clan's head growing a body and starting to move around and talk.

Then started the most unrealistic party she ever had been to. And she had had her shares or weirdness ! Like can't leave the house weirdness, or singalong wierdness, or becoming an 18th century helpless damsel weirdness !

No, this party would take up the gold medal anytime !

Demons and monsters of all the colors and shapes, some she had slayed before and some she didn't think could even exist were socializing with what seemed like human lawyers, multinationals CEOs and even celebrities.

And it was like she was the only one who was finding it utterly unnatural and dangerous.


Angel was receiving thanks from the king of the party trying his best not to look bored, Fred was excitedly talking “dimensions” with a vengeance demon, Gunn discussing contracts with shark-heads, while Wesley tried his best to perfect his Sanskrit with a horned two-feet tall monster ! Whereas Lorne was trying to soothe an ex James Bond who wanted to get back to the big screen, and Spike was... huh ?! Where was Spike ? Did he leave already ?

Before she could analyze the sense of abandon that jumped to her, she heard from behind :

" They don't know it yet but they've sank pretty far already... " as if he knew what she was thinking.

Closing her eyes and trying to ignore her relief and racing heart she replied :

" Spike, I was serious with the not talking deal. I'm grateful you were there for the fight, but it's over -"

" You can at least hear me out, you HAVE to let me explain myself ! "

" What is there to explain ? You made a freaking choice, I got it and am acting upon it." And shielding her heart and going against all of her instincts, she left him there, heading to take a glass of whiskey that she drank in one sip to calm herself down and yet another one...

After that, taking two glasses of champagne, she gave Angel a meaningful look, making him join her at a dark and unoccupied corner of the room.

" Sorry, had to do some socializing. " said an apologetic Angel while sitting in front of her at the small table where she had been waiting for a few minutes.
Buffy just smiled and handed him the champagne as Spike was still watching them from the other side of the room.


Chapter End Notes:
Chemistry and heart ... things you can't go against...
more spuffy to come ; I do hope i'll have time to post more next week ...