Author's Chapter Notes:
I just want to thank the ones who posted a review again... *SMACK*
Here's a new chapie : hope you'll like it !!!
" You shouldn't be drinking -" said a concerned Angel.

" You know I'm not the teen you used to know anymore, I'm twenty-three now, I'm way above the legal age to drink.... and shouldn't you be worried about your own problems rather than me legally drinking ? " replied the sassy slayer, smiling.

" My - ?"

Taking a sip of champagne she said bluntly : " Oh, Angel, what had you done to yourself and your people ?! "

" I didn't... You don't understand -" said Angel sheepishly.

" Then tell me, do you think it's the right place for them to be ? For you to be ? Do you think this is what you ought to do ? Is running W&H what you need to do ? " looking into his dark eyes, and seeing the unhidden guilt, she pushed further :
" You were their leader, Angel, you still are ! I know well enough how hard it is, making choices, leading people who trust you blindly, keeping them in the right path. This -" she made a hand gesture to the whole room, " - however I try to look at it ISN'T right. "

" I... WE all made bad choices, I didn't make them chose this path, it was a bad time for us. For ALL of us ! And WE all kinda got seduced. Now, I can tell we may have made wrong decisions, but you don't know what happened to us during the past few years. You don't know what we did, what we lost ! How we were feeling when we accepted to run W& H -" he sighed.

" I don't know because you never told me -"

"- I didn't want you to know that side of me, still can't make myself to tell you how far it went -"

" Oh, Angel ! I'm grown up now, I know the world isn't all beauty and gentleness, flowers and songs, I know it's harsh, and if there's something I definitely know it's that our world is no heaven, I've been there it's nothing like here. I know not all demons are evil, but half of the people in this room prey on humans, a dozen exclusively feed on human parts, this one goes for hearts, " she showed him the one she was talking about " the one Wesley is talking to goes for brains, are those the ones you are working for now !? Are those the ones you want your friends to be 'socializing ' with now ?! " she looked at him in the eyes, trying to see through the man that she thought would never waver ; The man that once represented strenght and righteousness for her.

" I have demon friends as well, I think I already kinda love Lorne, " she sighed, " I know that some demons are even better than some human we're supposed to help and protect, but you KNOW that W&H aren't working for those, they are working for the worst evil ! So tell me again why you are on their side now ? "

Angel still looked at her, unable to speak, to open to her the gates to the horror of what he did...

" I understand how people can make mistakes, be seduced, " she sighed "-And if it can make you talk to me, to be honest with me, I can tell you that I'm kinda tipsy now so maybe if you're lucky I won't even remember everything tomorrow morning, so why don't you tell me ? Ease your heart, let me help you..." she soothed him while caressing his hand with hers.

" Well, you had your shares with bad choices right ? With the sleeping with Spike and all- " Angel tried to change the subject.

She burst out in laughter. It was the first time she actually laughed about something related to Spike since the end of Sunnyhell...

" Are you comparing me sleeping with Spike with you all signing off your souls to evil !? Come on Angel, tell me, don't stall. I need to know, maybe this time I can be the one who'd help you out..."

He looked at her, seeing that those eyes did change, she was right ; after all the things she went through she might understand what took him to where he was, he told her everything. Starting from the day he arrived in LA, about Doyle, Cordy, Darla, Lyndsey and all the others he met, it was like the dam had broken, he told her evrything, the good andbad things, made her laugh at the incongruous situations he found himself into, talked about the bad calls he made. Her understanding gaze made it easier for him to talk about the Shanshu prophecy, about Connor, Jasmine, about how he wiped everyone's memories about his feeling then.
And then about how they ended up at W&H, intending to fight evil from the inside, how they thought they were but soon realised they had just been seduced into thinking so. And for the first time he asked for HER help, he had no idea on how to get out, how to get his friend out...

And not far from there was Spike, leaning on a wall, looking at the love of his unlife laughing, gazing, talking to the love of her life, and he stayed there because he knew it was the punishment he deserved, knew that if someone deserved happiness it'd be her, knowing that he'd protect that happiness even though he had no part in it. He knew he could just go away, leave town, but he also knew that wherever he'd be going, she'd still be there.... inside of him, so he stayed and watched the pair as he took her hands in his, he stayed even though it was killing him.


Chapter End Notes:
I'm almost finished with the next chapter as well, just need to reread it to brush off some things and change wording... hope I'll getsome more reviews... I'm a review whore...