Author's Chapter Notes:
Appreciate greatly the reviews.
Earlier that day :

Angel was sleeping like a baby when he heard a ring, he wanted to pull the damned invention's wire off but he knew that the people who had that number were aware of that calling at 2 PM would wake him up and make a very cranky and angry vampire and if they still took the risk the mater had to be important.

" Yeah ? " he growled.

" Hi ! Angel it's Gunn ! How are you ? "

" You know how I am ! Just tell me what the hell is wrong ! "

Gunn cringed at his boss' crankiness but it was better than what he expected : " I wouldn't had woken your holy sleep for nothing. My assistant just informed me that a powerful warlock put a contract on Buffy's head. "

" What ?! Who ?! So gonna kill him ! " Angel sprang up from his bed, now fully awake.

" one, I thought you'd want to know right away. Two, I don't know, so Three, we can't."

" Okay, I'll get to the headquarters as soon as possible, in the meantime, please ask Lorne to help you to find who did, call the seers in for help and also get Wes to call the Council and find out the why when I'll try to find Buffy and warn her. "

And so after getting dressed he went to his office, trying to remember the name of the hotel she said she was going to, but when he couldn't he called Fred to ask her if she knew, and as both couldn't figure out where she was, they tried to call all the hotels near the mansion but with no luck. Deciding to ask the seers, they joined Lorne and Gunn.
But it was a dead end as well. She was nowhere, not just nowhere in LA. None of the seers or witches could locate the blonde slayer.

"So what do we have ? What do we know ? " Angel asked his friends.

Wesley, who had just joined the group answered first :
" The Council and her friends know nothing, she hadn't called her since she arrived in LA, but Willow said she could feel Buffy was okay, said she'd know if THE Slayer was dead. "

" And.. That's the only thing we know because it's dead ends everywhere, we have nothing, nada, niet, we don't know who wants her dead, why, we just know they put 10 millions out and the challenge should have been picked up by now. And also we have no idea where she is, just know she's not dea, but maybe she's hurt... " summed up Fred nervously.

" But she's alive--- I mean I'm sure she's fine ! It's Buffy ! " she added when she saw Angel's reaction.

" And she's the Slayer, such a strong character ! " added Lorne.

" We could--- " Gunn started but then his voice trailed.

" What ? " asked Wes very interested

" Well, I know you won't like it. " he looked at his boss.

" We have nothing here, so any idea is welcome."

" WegocouldaskSpike. "

" What ? "

"I think he just said we could ask Spike, And I quite agree with that"

" Why would we do that ? "

" Gunn is right, he might have contact with the Powers That Be that we lost. " added Wes.

" He does not ! " raged Angel

" Maybe she told him where she went. " said Lorne

" I can't see why ! She was quite pissed at him ! And she totally ignored his presence !" said Angel stubbornly, even though he knew he was lying to himself.

Yes, Buffy was angry, yes, technically she was ignoring Spike but he knew that she would look at him when his grandchilde was facing somewhere else, that she had checked for his presence just before leaving the party.

He also knew that Spike had also been watching Buffy for the whole time, he knew the boy had been watching over their conversation, and there were high chances that Spike would have discreetly followed her until she reached her hotel.

He knew all that but he didn't want to ask for Spike's assistance, and especially when it came to Buffy.

" Angel, that's the only option we have, you said ANY idea would be welcome. Buffy is in danger ! We cant dilly-dally just because your feelings ! " Fred stunned everyone by her outburst " I mean, I mean --- you know, she's a nice girl, and if something happens, you'll regret it forever. "

Angel resigned himself seeing the faces of his friends, he knew they were right, he couldn't risk his ex lover's safety because of unresolved issues he had with Spike.

When they finally arrived to the vampire's flat, they were stricken by the view of the unclosed and seemingly broken door.

Taking their weapons out, they entered silently to surprise a possible enemy, but as soon as they got in, they found a chaotic mess : weapons that used to be hanging on the wall on the floor, holes in the walls, and lamps and books were scattered all over.

As Angel just froze there, repelled by the scents, his friends, on guard, looked around stealthily until they spotted a closed door and heard hushed voices coming from it.

And before Angel could prevent it, Gunn picked up a sword and went to kick the room door open, ready to kill the demons that killed the blonde that he didn't know he was already considering his friend.

The other three joined him, leaving Angel in the living room but only to discover Spike whose naked body was only covered by a thin linen sheet, taking a long puff off of his cigarette and blowing slowly the smoke out.


When he finally had enough of the staring and gaping crowd, he snapped :

" You blokes never heard about privacy !? "

Thouhg he was embarrassed to have woken the vampire up like that, Wes still said :

" Sorry, Buffy has gotten herself into some mess and she's in serious danger now, so we thought you might be able to help. "

" And then we thought you got attacked as well. " added Fred apologetic.

" What's wrong with Buffy ? " asked the slayer after tightening the duster around herself to cover as much skin as possible.

That's when they finally saw her, and realised the awkward situation they were in and Angel's behaviour.

" oh that's hot ! " blurted Gunn thinking about what they thought was a demon attack.

Fred blushed and profusely apologising again and again.

And Wes stuttered, trying to explain the breaking and entering :
" We thought there was a demon, you know, destroyed furnitures, weapons lying around and... "

" Well, that was only us, too carried away to care much about furnitures and decoration ! " Spike sneered at his grand sire who finally joined the gang.

Buffy glared meanly at him even though he could see that she was hiding her amusement at his comment.

" So who's the big bad now ? " she asked again hugging herself hiding her nakedness with the pillow and the duster.

" So you're like back together now ? Oh ! I could so sell this to any production company, it'd be a great movie, with Reese Witherspoon and maybe Johnny Depp, yeah Depp would love that ! " said Lorne excitedly.

" ...... Oh you guys are ... back together ? " Angel knew they had had intercourses, he knew Spike thought he was in love with Buffy, but to see it with his own eyes, to have such graphic images running through his mind as he was remembering the mess in the apartment that he now knew was due to lovemaking, the smell he picked up as theirs as soon as he tried to smell blood when he discovered the mess in Spike's flat, he didn't know how to react.

The blonde couple looked into each other's eyes, Buffy turned her head to face the intruders, trying to come up with an answer that would explain everything.

" We'll continue that later " Spike just said looking at her but with a smug smile for all the others, while standing up and flashing proudly his naked body.

Throwing the pillow she had been holding at him, she hid a smile knowing he had meant the talk but that also wickedly had wanted the intruders to misinterpret.

Letting it slide she said to the gang :

" I think you guys should go out for a few minutes so that he can put some clothes. And we'll avoid seeing Fred even redder than she's now. Then you'll tell me what the problem is"

The gang left the blondes by themselves, and Buffy opened his closet to find only one black T-shirt and one pair of jeans.

" Yeah, hottie, it's you or me. "

She glared at his smug smile and at herself and at him again. Of the clothes they were wearing last night, only her bra and his duster could be ever worn again, but her bra wasn't even in the room.

And now, this vampire seemed to relish on the fact that he didn't even have a shirt to lend her...

"Your choice, pet. Since I'm a gentleman, I'll let you decide what we do" he sneered.

"Yeah, lucky me ! "

With an emergency awaiting, a livingroom full of guests that knew we did the naughty, guests that include my first boyfriend...

Options :
-wearing only the coat and risk flashing the guys a little too much of what I'd want them to see

-wearing the T-shirt under the duster and have them wonder why I have to wear these, and know I dont have anything lower, and Spike flauting his bare chest around and taunting Angel with it

-let him get dressed and go buy me some clothes ; but don't think they'd want to wait until he comes back

-ask them to go and tell them I'll call them later ?

-wait until they go away by themself or find the scattered torn clothes and getting a hint ?

"Dammitdammitdammit !!! Goddammit !!! I hate you ! " she said to the guy who made her feel it was okay to tear each other's clothes. Why didn't she remember it was important to have clothes to wear ?!


Chapter End Notes:
Okay, that was mostly a filler, but well, hoped you liked it anyway.