Author's Chapter Notes:
I seriously reread and revised this chapter about twenty times because I wanted it to be perfect. I was all nervous about posting it, but I decided that I like it and this is the way it needs to happen. :)

So, I hope you all enjoy!

Also, thank you for all the lovely reviews on the last chapter.
“Where’s the shy Buffy Summers I used to know?” he asked amused. “I’m not even shocked by the things you ask me anymore.”

Ignoring his comment, she asked, “but, what about the guy? In the café that day? You got his number!”

“Yeah, he was cute,” he said, smiling with his tongue behind his teeth.

“Real answer, Will!” she demanded, frustrated.

He sobered. “Ok, then…I’m…bisexual,” he said seriously, looking at her expectantly.

“Bisexual?” she said, confused.

“Yes,” he said, as if explaining to a child, “it means you’re attracted to both-“

“I know what it means!” she exclaimed, interrupting him. “I just thought bisexual was something slutty chicks claim to be to get their own reality show.”

“Well, as horrifying as Tila Tequila is, no, it is not a myth,” he said, sounding slightly offended.

“I’m sorry, Will, that came out wrong,” she said apologetically. “I guess I’m just a little shocked is all,” she admitted.

Buffy really hadn’t expected any of this. She had been almost ready to accept the fact that Will was gay and that she needed to give up hope of ever being with him. Now, she finds out that yes, he is into guys, but he’s also into girls too. It was a weird feeling.


“It’s okay, pet. The past month has given you a lot of new things to deal with. I know it’s hard for people to understand, but it’s just the way I am. The same way anyone else is heterosexual or homosexual,” he explained.

“Okay,” was all she said.

“Okay?” he asked. “That’s it?”

“What else do you want me to say?”

“Nothing. It’s just, I thought you might have a few more questions or something.”

“I’ll let you know if you come up with any,” she said, smiling.

“I haven’t shattered any of your illusions about me, have I?” he joked.

“Believe me, any illusions I had were shattered the day I saw you check out that waiter’s ass.”

He laughed at that. “So we’re okay?” he asked.

“Yes, we’re okay. But, don’t expect me to start talking about cute boys with you!” she warned him, entirely serious. ‘I still have too many feelings for him to ever want to hear him talk about that,’ she thought. ‘And I wouldn’t wanna hear him talk about girls in front of me either, for that matter.’

“Wouldn’t dream of it, love,” he replied. “I doubt you want to hear that, and frankly, I don’t want to know anything about the boys you like either.”

“And why is that?” she asked, secretly hoping that it was for the same reason she didn’t want to hear about him.

“I dunno,” he said. “Maybe it’s cause you’re Xander’s little sister,” he offered.

‘Crap,’ she thought. The last thing she wanted was for him to see her like a sister.

“You know, it’s funny,” he said. “You’re the first person I’ve ever actually told that to.”

“What, that you’re bisexual?”

“Yeah.”

“So, you just came out to me?” she asked, smiling a little.

“I guess so,” he said with realization.

“You never told Xander?” she asked curiously.

“Not in so many words,” he said. “But I think he knew. Hence the resentment and jealousy.”

“You’re not ashamed, though, right?” she asked.

“No, of course not,” he assured her. “It’s just, with the exception of Xander, I’ve never had anyone I was close enough with to ever actually tell.”

Buffy warmed a little at the fact that Will felt close enough to her that he could share something so personal with her. When he said things like this to her it made her feel like she was more to him than just Xander’s little sister.

“You wanna go home yet?” he asked, looking at the clock and realizing that it was almost four thirty.

“If you wanna stay and finish your drawing, I can work on some homework,” she suggested, noticing his unfinished piece.

“You sure?”

“Absolutely,” she assured him. “Besides, I distracted you from your work in the first place.”

“Nonsense, luv,” he said. “I’m just glad to have the company.”

They sat and worked together in comfortable silence for the next hour.

***

After pulling up in front of Buffy’s house, Will parked the car and turned to look at her.

“Thank you, pet,” he said, looking her in the eyes.

“For what?” she asked, gazing right back.

“For being so amazing,” he said, making her flush for what felt like the millionth time. “And for not judging me.”

Buffy didn’t really know how to respond, so she slid across the bench seat of his vintage car to embrace him for the second time that day. Without the tears and emotion from earlier, this hug felt very different. She felt all of him, from his hard chest pressing against hers to his long fingers running through her shoulder length blond hair. His strong arms felt nice around her, as did his thigh pressed against her own. She inhaled the wonderful scent of his neck like she had the night she was drunk.

‘I have to stop this before I say or do something embarrassing,’ she thought to herself, itching to touch the blond curls at the nape of his neck. So, she forced herself to pull out of his arms and back away a bit. She didn’t say anything as she picked up her backpack, suddenly feeling a bit self-conscious.

“I’ll see you tomorrow?” he asked with a shy, hopeful smile. It surprised her, as it wasn’t something she was used to seeing on him.

“Yeah,” she said, smiling back.

“I can drive you to school still. Just because Xander won’t talk to me doesn’t mean you and I can’t hang out.”

“Yeah, I guess,” she said, a bit hesitantly. She was worried about what Xander’s reaction would be.

“So, I’ll see you in the morning, kitten?”

“Bright and early,” she said with fake cheer and enthusiasm as she opened the car door.

“Oh, and luv?” he said, making her pause. “Please don’t say anything to him.”

“Okay,” she agreed, not inquiring what he meant, but understanding why he asked. She got out of the car and closed the door behind her. Walking to the front door, she turned and gave him one last wave as he drove away.

Going into the house, she was fully prepared to end this feud with Xander and was hoping that he would be receptive to it. After her conversation with Will, she was more than ready to reconcile.

“Where have you been?” She heard his voice coming from the living room as she walked in the door. He sounded annoyed.

‘This doesn’t bode well,’ she thought.

“I stayed after school,” she said, trying to sound pleasant.

“And Will just happened to drive you home?” he asked.

Buffy assumed he had seen the car pull up. She tried to stay calm and not lose her temper, as she was often wont to do.

“I can’t be friends with him?” she asked, trying at innocent.

“I thought you were on my side?” he asked, voice dripping with disdain as he imitated her words from the previous day.

“Well, I was, but that didn’t seem to be good enough for you,” she said through clenched teeth. ‘Keep it in check, Buffy,’ she told herself, feeling her anger rise.

He ignored that comment. “You guys have a good time talking about me?” he asked.

“What makes you think we were talking about you?” she asked. ‘Even though we were,’ she added in her head. “The world doesn’t revolve around you, Xander.”

“Fine. Whatever, Buffy. You have a good time being Will’s new best friend,” he said with annoyance, making Buffy lose it.

“You know what? I will. And we won’t waste even a second talking about you, cause you’re not worth it,” she said angrily. She instantly regretted saying that to him, briefly seeing the hurt look in his eyes before he masked it with anger.

“Xan, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that,” she said quietly.

“Sure you didn’t,” he said sarcastically.

“Xander, I didn’t. Really, I didn’t. You’re just making this so difficult,” she said, feeling tears coming on again.

He didn’t respond, and before Buffy could say anything else she heard the sound of the garage door opening, signaling their mother’s return home. She decided to go upstairs, not wanting to have to explain why she was crying.

**

Buffy didn’t say a word to Xander the next morning when she came down for breakfast. She simply grabbed a Nutrigrain bar, a banana and her lunch bag and headed out the door. Will was parked in the driveway waiting for her.

“We got into it again after I came in last night,” she said, getting into the car.

“Who instigated, you or him?” he asked with a frown.

“Well, he started acting like a jerk and I kind of lost it,” she explained. “Said some things I kind of wish I hadn’t.”

“I think it’s best just to let him be, pet. He’ll have to figure out things on his own, I suppose. We can be there for him when he’s ready.”

“That’s really big of you, Will,” she said with sincerity. “Not many people would stick by someone who’s shut them out like that. I mean, I’m having a really hard time with it myself and I’m his sister; I have to be here. You can move on if you want.”

“Buffy, we may not be related by blood, but Xander is my brother. He’s the closest thing I’ve ever had to family. I know he’s too bloody stubborn for his own good, but I’ll be here when he’s ready.”

“You’re a really good person,” she told him.

“Obviously,” he joked, starting to back the car out of the driveway.

“No, really,” she said, smiling softly. “You are.”

“Thanks pet,” he said, glancing at her with a smile.

“So you’re starting at the gallery today, right?” she asked, changing the subject.

“Yeah, I’m headed over after school,” he informed her. “You wanna tag along? I’m sure your mum won’t mind.”

“I dunno-“ she started.

“Do you really wanna take the bus home?” he asked, trying to convince her.

“Fine, I’ll come.”

**

Buffy accompanied Will to the gallery that afternoon like she has said she would and a week later it had turned into a routine.

Will and Joyce had worked out a schedule so that he would be at the gallery on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons and part of the day on Saturday. Buffy would go with him most days and sit in her mother’s office doing homework while Will hung work and unpacked boxes. Her mother was often out at meetings with artists or dealers, so Will was often left to manage the gallery on his own.

Buffy spent the time that she wasn’t working just looking at Will. She loved watching him talk to customers who came into the gallery. His face would light up as he discussed the work with them, waving his arms excitedly as they talked about a specific piece. She could tell he was enjoying doing the job immensely, although he told her often. She would sometimes just listen to him talk about art, not really understanding what he was saying, but enjoying the sound of his voice nonetheless.

Another thing she loved to watch him do was lift boxes. This had less to do with his happiness and more to do with her hormones. Every time a new shipment came in, Buffy made sure to get a good viewing spot so she could watch him carry heavy boxes and unpack sculptures and paintings from them. He always wore tight jeans and one of his many band t-shirts, but he always looked gorgeous. One time he wore a wife beater shirt and she got to ogle his muscular arms and chest, making her feel extra pervy.

The days that he didn’t work, he would spend after school working on his portfolio. They both soon found that they got little work done when they were together, as they would usually end up talking instead if working. So, Buffy started spending time in the library after school with Willow, who always motivated her to work harder. Will would drive both her and Willow home at the end of the day. She decided that spending more time at school was better than being home and walking on eggshells around Xander, which she did enough as it was.

***

Buffy had confided in Willow about everything Will related, including his sexuality. She felt a little bit bad, as she wasn’t sure he wanted her to tell anyone. However, she trusted Willow not to tell anyone else and she needed a girl friend to talk about her boy troubles with.

“What ever happened with the whole Riley thing?” Willow asked her one day, as they sat in the empty library.

“Nothing, really,” Buffy replied. “I asked him to leave me alone and he did,” she said. The thing with Riley had happened almost two weeks ago and she had barley seen him since. Frankly, her pride was a little hurt that he hadn’t tried to talk to her again. ‘Does he not like me enough? Not that I actually want to talk to him,’ she thought. She knew it was an irrational thing to think about, especially since she didn’t see her relationship with Riley going anywhere.

“Well he’s a big jerk face anyway,” Willow reasoned. “You’re better off without him.”

“I know,” she said. “It’s just that not having another guy to focus on makes me think about Will even more. And being around him all the time doesn’t help either.”

“The bisexual thing didn’t turn you off?” Willow asked.

“At first I thought it might, but it hasn’t in the least,” Buffy admitted. “I mean, I’ve thought about it a lot. But, the way I see it, what’s the big deal, really? I know a lot of women fear their men leaving them for another man, but he could just as easily leave for another woman. So does it really matter?”

“I guess not,” Willow conceded. “I don’t think I would care either,” she decided. “I was just curious if you did.”

“Nope, as hopeless as ever,” Buffy sighed, resting her chin on her hand. “I just wish he wasn’t so…amazing,” she said with a frown. “It would make everything so much easier.”


Chapter End Notes:
So, I had planned on making Will bisexual from the very beginning. I hope I haven't disappointed anyone, but this where I needed to take the story.

In any case, I'd like to know what you all think!