Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for all the reviews on the last chapter! I knew the idea of Will being bisexual would be difficult for some people to handle, but I'm glad so many of you support it.

Here's a fairly short chapter that I struggled a lot with for some reason.

But, I hope you guys enjoy it!
“Will, can I ask you something?”

It was lunchtime and Buffy and Will were in the art room. She had taken to eating her lunch there in an effort to spend even more time with Will and also avoid the cafeteria altogether. He was currently working on an abstract painting, which Mrs. Cobb had suggested he do in an effort to show colleges his versatility as an artist.

“Anything, pet,” he said as he continued to paint.

“How did you know…that you were bisexual?” she asked. It was something she had been wondering since he had told her the week before, but hadn’t found a good time to ask yet. She was becoming much less shy about asking him things. ‘He’s been so open about everything so far,” she thought. ‘He makes it so easy to understand him, unlike Xander.’

He stilled his brush and looked at her. “I dunno, luv. I just kind of figured it out, I guess.”

“So nothing like… happened, to make you realize it?” she continued.

“Well…” he said hesitantly.

“Oh,” was all she said.

“I don’t know if you really wanna hear about this,” he told her. She thought about it for a moment and her curiosity outweighed her fear of what he would say.

“Tell me,” she decided. “I can take it.”

“Ok, then,” he said. “Here’s the thing, luv. I guess I’ve always been pretty open-minded when it comes to sexuality. So, when presented with the opportunity to try things with others guys…I did.”

“And you liked it?”

“Well…yeah,” he said. When she didn’t respond immediately, he continued, “C’mon, kitten, I know you have more questions.” He smirked at her.

She smiled back at him and began again. “What about girls?” she asked.

“Well, I’ve always been attracted to girls,” he said with a flirty grin.

“Are you sure?” she asked, giving him a teasing smile.

“Absolutely,” he said with complete confidence.

“Have you done…things with girls too?”

“Yeah.”

“Dru?” she asked, remembering his short-lived relationship from the previous year.

“Yeah, and others.”

Buffy grew increasing jealous, but still wanted to know more. “When did you find time for this? Weren’t you and Xander attached at the hip before?”

“I did things without Xander,” he said, receiving a skeptical eyebrow raise from Buffy.

“Yeah? Like what?” she asked, not believing him.

“I like going to the Bronze and Xander hates it, so sometimes I go alone.”

The Bronze was a local under twenty-one club, which she knew Xander hated. She had always wanted to go, but Joyce had told her she couldn’t until she was sixteen. Thus, with her sixteenth birthday coming up, she was looking forward to her first time there, hopefully with Will.

“And you picked up people?” she asked.

“Not picked up! That makes it sound so…dirty.”

“Ok then, what would you call it?”

“I dunno…hooking up?”

“That’s worse,” she said, nose wrinkled.

“Regardless, it wasn’t like that.”

“What was it like, then?”

“Nothing major. Just kissing and…some other stuff,” he said, looking away.

“So you’ve never actually had sex with a man?” she asked, confused.

“Not the way you’re thinking,” he said. She knew exactly what he was implying and didn’t press further on that topic.

“Woman?” she asked, certainly expecting a yes to that one.

“Nope,” he admitted.

“So you’re a virgin?” she asked, smiling shyly.

“I guess so…yeah,” he said, a bit bashfully. Buffy still wasn’t used to seeing this side of Will, as he was usually so confident. Yet, she found shy William absolutely adorable.

Frankly, she was surprised. Will had always acted so experienced when it came to sex, that she would never have thought he’d still be a virgin. Did this new found information change anything? ‘Maybe,’ she thought. In many ways, it was a relief to know that he was a virgin. It certainly made him less intimidating. It also gave her fewer people to be jealous of.

“Why?” she asked suddenly.

“Why what?” He looked at her, confused.

“Why are you still a virgin?”

“Why are you?” he retorted, a bit annoyed.

“It’s just…it seems like you’ve had plenty of opportunity to do it. So why not?”

“Maybe I don’t believe in sex without commitment, luv,” he suggested.

“I thought guys didn’t care about that stuff.”

“Maybe I’m not most guys.”

“Don’t start with the cryptic answers again.” She shot him an annoyed look.

“Fine. I guess…I just don’t like the idea of a one night stand.”

“Who says they had to be one night stands? You could have asked someone out,” she reasoned.

“I dunno, I guess I just didn’t feel that way about any of them. I was just trying something out.”

“What about Dru?”

“Dru was crazy.”

“Crazy how?” she asked, confused.

“Like bloody clinically insane. I was lucky to get out of that relationship when I did.”

She smiled. “So you’re a bisexual virgin?” she asked, secretly satisfied about this.

“Technically, yes,” he said. “And you’re a heterosexual virgin,” he teased.

“Yes,” she replied, blushing.

“Are you okay with my asking all this stuff?” she asked, wanting to reassure herself.

“I’m an open book, luv” he said, spreading his arms out. “I wear my heart on my sleeve, always have. Don’t really see the point in hiding who I am.”

“So it’s okay for us to talk about stuff like this?”

“Actually, it’s bloody fantastic to have someone to talk to. Like I said that day, you don’t judge me. I love that about you,” he said, smiling.

Buffy felt herself warm all over. Will had just used the words love and you in the same sentence. Albeit, it wasn’t the way she fantasized about, but it was wonderful to hear nonetheless.

“I want to paint you,” he said suddenly. It was a weird and spontaneous change of topic, but so very Will.

“What?”

“I want to paint you,” he repeated.

“Like, for real?”

“Of course, for real. You’d make a lovely painting.”

‘Why does he always have to make me blush?’ she thought. ‘It’s not fair.’

“You’ll be clothed, of course,” he joked. “Won’t be a Titanic situation.”

“It had better not be!” she exclaimed. The idea of Will seeing her naked was almost unimaginable, as well as extremely embarrassing. She didn’t even want to get on that train of thought.

“Unless of course you want to,” he said, giving her a suggestive smile. “It’s okay, pet. You don’t actually have to do anything different, just stay where you are.” He went and grabbed a small canvas from the supply shelf and brought it to the table. He began to mix paint colors on the small palette he’d been using.

“We’re doing this now?”

“Yes, pet. I am nothing if not spontaneous. Now hold still.”

She had been sitting across from him at the large table with her arms resting on top of it. She had worn a plain blue shirt and her hair was pulled half up. ‘If I had know I was going to be painted today, I would have worn something better,’ she thought as she saw Will put his brush to the canvas that sat atop a small tabletop easel.

She took the opportunity to just watch him. He sat on the edge of his seat with the easel almost an arm’s length away from him. Buffy could just imagine him painting a large canvas, making marks with large sweeping movements. Alas, with the limited means of a public school’s art department, he made do with the eight by ten. His hand moved back and forth between the canvas and the palette, making quick strokes. She looked intently at his face. His eyes were focused on the canvas, every so often glancing up at her, biting his lip in concentration. He was beautiful to watch and if Buffy possessed any kind of artistic ability, she would probably want to paint him too. She was so entranced that she didn’t notice him stop.

“Buffy.” His saying her name pulled her out of her reverie.

“Hmm? You’re done already?”

“I was in the moment, had to finish it,” he explained, beckoning to her with his finger. She got up and came around to see what he had done and she was very aware of his presence behind her.

The painting was so small that her face was no larger than he palm of her hand. The strokes were immediate and visible, with soft colors blending into one another. It had both calm and energy at the same time, much like Will did. He had painted most of it fast, but had clearly taken some time to describe her face. It was a very close, if not perfect likeness.

“It’s small and delicate, just like you,” he said softly from behind her.

Buffy turned to look at him, gazing up into his blue eyes. She was at a loss for words at the moment. This was so different from the drawings he had mad of her for Christmas. Those were from pictures, a time that he hadn’t been a part of. With this, she felt like they had experienced something together, and she supposed they had.

She had never wanted to kiss him more than she did in that moment.

She didn’t dare.


Chapter End Notes:
For some reason I have a much easier time writing angsty stuff than I do with the more fluffy moments, so I hope it was okay.

Also, as I am not a bisexual man, I have no idea how a conversation like this might go down. I hope it didn't seem...weird?

Thoughts??