Author's Chapter Notes:
I got this done way faster that I thought I would!

I hope you all enjoy it.

And once again, thank you to all my reviewers. You are all wonderful!

Also, I changed the Bronze a bit to make it more accurate to the 21st century, as opposed to the 90s vibe it had on the show.
“My birthday’s always suck,” she said as Will’s car zoomed through Sunnydale’s streets.

“Your birthday isn’t over yet, luv. Let’s make it not suck.”

Buffy was filled with an excited anticipation as he parked the DeSoto on the street outside the club. It looked crowded, if the large group of guys waiting outside was any indication. However, the large bouncer let them right inside, giving Will a nod.

“You know the bouncer?” she asked.

“No.”

“But, why’d they let us in when all those guys are waiting.”

“They always let hot girls in, luv,” he explained with a grin.

‘He thinks I’m hot?’ she thought, smiling to herself.

The walked inside and Buffy was in awe. She had seen clubs in movies and on the Jersey Shore, but actually being in one was a surreal experience. The music was blaring, the bass thumping loud and strong. The dance floor was packed with people, mostly girls, gyrating and grinding to the pop song that played.

There was a large bar, crowded with many people, and tables scattered around the outer edges of the club. Most of the bottom floor was made up of dance floor, but at the front of the room, there was a stage. Will had told her the Bronze played host to bands on some nights, which he preferred to the dancing. There was also a staircase leading to an upper balcony that appeared to be a lounge area with couches.

Buffy and Will made their way through the crowd, snagging a table as someone was leaving it.

“Want a drink?” Will asked.

“Diet coke?”

“Sure you don’t want an actual drink?” he said with a sly grin.

“We’re underage,” she replied dryly.

He pulled a small card out of his wallet and held it up to her face. It had a picture of Will on it, but the name read John Alrich, who was apparently twenty-two and from London, England.

“They never question a U.K. I.D.,” he explained.

“Well, I guess you can get me something fruity then,” she suggested.

“Alright, then. One girly drink coming right up.”

She waited at the table while he went up to the bar. She watched him give flirty smiles to the male bartender as he made their drinks. Buffy turned away, feeling a bit of jealousy come on at the sight. She knew Will was just a natural flirt, but it still bothered her. He came back a few minutes later with a pink drink with an umbrella in one hand and a beer in the other.

“Don’t worry, luv, I’m only having one,” he assured her, as he was driving later. “You can have as many as you want, on me.”

She took a sip of her drink, pleased that she couldn’t taste a bit of alcohol in it. In the back of her mind, she remembered her mother warning her about drinks like that. She ignored them, though, and happily sipped her drink.

She had seen a lot of kids from school already, but nobody that she would be forced to talk to, which she was grateful for.

“Omigod, Buffy!” exclaimed a loud female voice from behind her.

‘I totally just jinxed myself,’ she thought. “Hi, Harmony,” she said, turning to her with a fake smile. Harmony had to be the most annoying person on the planet.

“I’ve like never seen you here before!” she said, reaching forward to hug Buffy. She reeked of sweet perfume and alcohol and her large breasts spilled out of the front of her low cut, sparkly top.

“Isn’t this place like so much fun?” Harmony asked, her voice shrill. Harmony was one of those dumb, pretty girls who were totally harmless. She wasn’t actually mean like Cordelia, but people hated her nonetheless. It was mostly due to the fact that she was a major slut.

“Omigod, Will!” Harmony exclaimed a moment later, noticing him next to Buffy. “I haven’t seen you here in like forever!” She gave him what she seemed to think was a sexy smile.

“Been busy,” he said dismissively, taking a sip of his beer.

“Well, you should stop being busy. I miss you,” she said with an exaggerated pout. She walked up to him and tried to wrap her arms around his neck, but he brushed her off.

“It’s Buffy’s birthday today,” he said, trying to distract her.

“Omigod, Happy Birthday Buffy!” she exclaimed, pulling Buffy into another hug. “We should totally hang out more. You’re like, really awesome,” she rambled on. Harmony only said things like this to Buffy when she was drinking, and Buffy had no intention of ever hanging out with her.

“I think Cordelia is looking for you,” Will said to Harmony a moment later.

“She’s here?” Harmony asked, looking around confused. “I didn’t know she was coming.”

“Yeah, I saw her over there,” he said, pointing toward the crowded dance floor.

“Oh, okay,” she said. “I’ll go find her. Bye, sexy.” Harmony gave Will another flirty smile before she disappeared into the crowd.

“Please don’t tell me you hooked up with Harmony?” Buffy asked with distaste in her voice.

“Of course not, pet,” he assured her.

‘Thank god.’

“Not for her lacking of trying, though,” he added teasingly. Buffy was not amused and angrily sipped the last of her drink.

“Are you jealous?” he asked, amused.

“No,” she said stubbornly.

“C’mon, let’s dance,” he said a moment later, grabbing her hand and pulling her onto the dance floor. A club mix of Katy Perry’s Firework was playing and everybody bounced and moved to the music. Buffy felt slightly awkward at first, very conscious of Will’s body behind her. Soon, though, the alcohol began to take effect and she felt more relaxed as Katy Perry transitioned into Nelly Furtado’s Promiscuous Girl, a song that was a few years old, but great to dance to. The slower, sexier beat caused many of the dancers to move closer together, most of them forming couples. She watched as laughing girls grinded on each other and boys grasped girls by the hips and moved behind them. She was waiting eagerly, hoping Will would touch her, but he didn’t.

As she continued to dance, she didn’t turn around to look at him, though she knew he was still there. Then a tall, dark haired guy came up next to her, moving closer and closer. He was cute, but looked to be about twenty or so. He seemed to be waiting for permission to touch her, so she stepped closer to him, hoping her dancing with him would make Will jealous. The guy put his arm around her waist and pulled her flush against him.

As she was about to put her hands on his shoulders, she felt a pair of strong hands at her hips, pulling her backward. She stumbled back against a hard chest, leaning her head back to see Will giving the guy an irritated look.

“Hands off, mate,” he said. The possessive tone of his voice made Buffy shiver a bit. She had never heard him speak like this before, and found that she liked it. Her heart dropped, though, when he continued. “She’s a kid,” he said to the guy.

“A kid?” she asked, turning to him with an annoyed expression. She was angry and moved to go back and dance with the other guy, but he had disappeared. She turned back to Will.

“Buffy, he was way older than you,” he argued in explanation.

“Why do you care?” she asked. They were standing still in the middle of the dance floor; bodies continued to move around them.

“I just-“ he started, then stopped. “C’mon, kitten, I don’t wanna fight right now. Let’s dance.”

She accepted that for now, with all the intention of bringing it up later. Right now, she just wanted to be close to him.

She felt bolder, so she moved closer to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. He placed his hands on her hips as they began to move together, the music changing to an up-tempo Lady Gaga song. They were close, but not close enough for Buffy. Will held her at a safe distance, not letting their pelvises come in contact.

Between the music, the alcohol and touching Will, Buffy let herself go. She was dancing without a care and having a great time. It couldn’t get any better.

“Want another drink?” Will asked her after a bit, leading her off the dance floor.

“Yes, please,” she agreed with a smile. He went up to the bar, bringing back another pink drink for her and a soda for himself. She sucked the drink down quickly, eager to get back on the dance floor.

“Slow down, pet,” Will warned her. “I don’t wanna have to carry you home.”

“Pssh,” she said, waving him off. “I wanna dance again!”

She grabbed his hand and pulled him back toward he dance floor. As they wove through the crowd, Buffy caught sight of Riley’s tall form moving toward them.

‘Please don’t come over here,’ she thought to herself, hoping to avoid an awkward confrontation.

He looked pointedly at her as he got closer. Then, as he was almost there, he turned suddenly and walked the other way, strange expression on his face. She turned to look back at Will, who just gave her an innocent smile.

“What?” he mouthed. He wore a knowing smile and Buffy assumed he must have given Riley some sort of ‘get the fuck away from her’ look. She smiled at the thought.

“Couldn’t let that wanker ruin your night,” he said into her ear. She could feel his warm breath on her neck as they started to dance again.

***

A few hours later it was nearly midnight and they were in the car, driving home. Buffy had drunk another daiquiri and she was feeling light and loopy. She leaned her head against the headrest, watching Will as he drove. She smiled to herself as she looked at his beautiful face, eyes focused on his lips, which were pursed in concentration.

The night had been amazing. Despite the drama of earlier in the evening, Buffy would definitely consider it her best birthday ever, and all because of Will.

When he pulled into the Summers’ driveway, he turned the engine off and moved to open his door. Buffy put her hand on his arm to stop him and he turned and looked at her.

“Will,” she started. “I had a really good time tonight.”

“I’m glad, kitten. Happy birthday,” he said, taking her hand in his and smiling sweetly.

“I like you,” she said, the words slipping out of her mouth before she could stop them.

“I like you, too,” he replied, smiling.

“No, I really, really like you,” she assured him, sliding closer to him on the bench seat.

“Buffy-“ he started to say.

“No,” she said, placing a finger over his lips to silence him.

Then, she leaned toward him, placed a hand on his shoulder and pressed her lips to his. His lips were soft and warm and perfect and she reveled in the feeling of them caressing hers. It only lasted a few seconds, but she knew she felt him kiss her back, if only for a moment.

“Thank you,” she whispered. Then she pulled back from him and got out of the car. She walked shakily to the front door, turning back to glance at Will, who was still sitting in the driveway. He hadn’t even started his car again.


Chapter End Notes:
Let me know your thoughts!