Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews! I'm becoming a junkie...
Will showed up at her locker again the next day and the day after and the day after, though their conversations went much the same way the first two had. He would beg her to be his friend again and she would brush him off, something that was getting more and more difficult to do. His persistence was starting to breach the fortress she was trying to put up. It got her thinking about whether she could handle him not being in her life anymore, though truth be told, she was enjoying him chasing her for once, probably more than she should.

‘Is friendship better than nothing? Well, I guess so. But, can I even handle that? I’m not so sure I can. It’ll be too hard, being so close, but not being able to have him. But, will it really be any different than before? I can handle that, I guess, but for how long?’

Her thoughts had been racing all week and she was looking forward to taking it easy on Friday night. She had made plans to go to the Bronze with Willow and was very much looking forward to getting her mind off of Will. Though, knowing her luck he would probably show up there too. However, Buffy wasn’t sure she’d mind so much if he did.

Since her fallout with Will, Buffy had been riding to and from school with Xander and Anya, much to her initial dismay. The two of them did almost nothing but bicker, and if they weren’t bickering then Anya would be inappropriately affectionate, making Buffy uncomfortable. It often seemed as if Anya’a gestures made Xander uncomfortable as well, though he would never say. Despite it all, though, Buffy came to find that she liked Anya. She was weird, had almost no filter and often said things she shouldn’t, but Buffy found her funny and kind of endearing in a way.

“Come on, Xander! I promise you will have a good time!” Anya and Xander were bickering in the car when Buffy met them after school on Friday afternoon. Anya, ever impatient, drove out of the parking lot the moment Buffy got in the car.

“Ahn, you know how I feel about the Bronze! It’s loud and crowded and I can’t dance.”

“Yeah, but I really wanna go and I can’t show up alone!” she whined.

“You could come with me and Willow?” Buffy suggested. This thing with Xander and Anya didn’t seem like it was ending any time soon, and even if it did, Buffy wouldn’t mind having Anya for a friend.

“Really?” Anya asked, sounding surprised at the invitation.

“Yeah,” Buffy replied. “We’re doing a girls night thing.”

“I do need some girl friends,” Anya said, seeming to consider the offer. “Yes, I will come.”

“Great!” Buffy said with a smile.

“I can drive,” she volunteered.

“Really? That’s great actually, cause Willow and I were gonna ask her Mom for a ride, which would be totally embarrassing.”

“What time should I come over?”

“Well, Willow and I were going to do the girly get ready together thing, so around eight at my house.”

“This is so exciting!” Anya said with a wide smile, making Buffy giggle at her enthusiasm.

“So you’re just gonna ditch me?” Xander asked, sounding annoyed.

“Yes. It’s not like we ever do anything that exciting. I mean, most of the time we just watch television and there’s only so many times I can watch the same episode of Jersey Shore, Xander. Maybe, if we fooled around more-“

“Anya!” Xander exclaimed, not letting her finish her sentence. “Remember what I said about appropriateness?”

This sparked another wave of bickering, so Buffy just sat back and tried to tune it out, instead directing her thoughts to an equally frustrating topic.

**

Anya arrived at the house promptly at eight that evening, followed shortly after by Willow. Buffy could tell that Willow didn’t now what to make of Anya’s straightforward manner and hoped that things wouldn’t get uncomfortable.

“It was very nice of you to invite me, Buffy,” Anya said sincerely as she tried on one of Buffy’s many dresses, looking at herself in the mirror on the closet door. “I’ve never had many girl friends…or any friends for that matter. People often find my honesty off-putting.”

“I wonder why,” Willow said under her breath, earning her a warning look from Buffy. She was sitting on Buffy’s bed, putting some bright blue polish on her toenails.

“Well, as long as I don’t have to hear any gross things about my brother, then we’re happy to have you,” Buffy said, glancing back at Anya in the mirror as she put mascara on her lashes.

“It’s not like there’s anything gross to tell anyway,” Anya said, rolling her eyes.

‘Interesting,’ Buffy thought. If she and Will were still talking, this would be something she would definitely tell him.

“So, what’s the deal with you and Will?” Anya continued, changing the subject. She walked back into Buffy’s closet and picked out another dress.

“There’s no deal,” Buffy replied. “At least not anymore.”

“Well, Xander won’t tell me anything about him. I know they used to be friends and all, but he acts very unusual every time I bring Will up.”

“And that’s often?”

“Well, no, just a few times. What happened exactly? All I know is hat ”

“I don’t know all the specifics, at least not on Xander’s part,” she explained, albeit a bit reluctantly. She wasn’t sure if she should be telling Anya this, especially since Xander had made it a point not to. “He got mad at Will about something that happened over Christmas break. I don’t know exactly why.” Buffy picked out a tube of red lipstick and applied it to her lips. She didn’t think it was her place to tell Anya everything her and Will had talked about regarding the incident.

“Well, Xander can be very touchy,” Anya said.

“Yeah, he can,” Buffy agreed.

“Sometimes I ask him things and he gets all weird about them, not just the Will thing either. He’s very insecure,” Anya added, shaking her head. Buffy was surprised at Anya’s astute observations about Xander.

“I think I’ve underestimated you, Anya,” Buffy said with a smile.

“People often do,” Anya replied. “How do I look?” She stepped out of Buffy’s closet wearing a short dress with a blue and green swirl pattern on it.

“I think we found a winner,” Buffy said. She put on her most comfortable black heels, only a few inches high. “Everyone ready?”

**

The Bronze was packed, as was usual for Friday nights, and the three girls had to push their way through the crowd from the moment they walked in the door. They couldn’t find a table, so they decided to forego the drinks; none of them had a fake I.D. anyway. Buffy glanced around the club, seeing many kids from school, but no Will.

“Oooh, I love this song!” Willow exclaimed excitedly as an Usher club song came on.

They immediately hit the dance floor, the three of them sticking close together in the crowd. As the music played on and songs changed, the three of them kept on dancing. Anya was particularly good at brushing off any unwanted male attention and Buffy was grateful for it. Tonight she just wanted to have a good time and dance, not deal with any grabby boys.

**

After about an hour of dancing, Buffy decided to take a break to relieve herself. She left Willow and Anya dancing while she went to wait in the huge line for the ladies room.

“Fancy seeing you here,” a familiar accented voice came from behind her.

“Of course,” she said, turning around to see Will standing behind her. He leaned casually against the wall and Buffy noticed he was holding a pink drink with an umbrella in his hand. “Are you stalking me?”

“No.”

“And you just decided to come to the Bronze alone and stand by the ladies room sipping a fruity girl beverage?”

“I’m very secure in my masculinity, luv,” he said, making a show out of sipping the drink from a straw.

Buffy didn’t answer and just raised an eyebrow as she moved up in the line.

“Alright, fine,” he conceded, following her. “I might have thought you’d be here and I might have gotten this drink for you. But, that doesn’t mean I’m stalking you.”

“Then what would you call it?” she asked, crossing her arms.

“I…miss you?”

She certainly wasn’t expecting him to say that, and she found it difficult to look at his pouting face and keep her resolve, so she looked away.

“I told you I wouldn’t give up, kitten,” he said a moment later.

“You’re persistent, that’s for sure,” she said with a wry smile.

“Well, I’d rather fight with you than nothing at all,” he confessed. “So, I think I’ll risk you telling me to fuck off if I can still be near you.”

Will’s words made Buffy feel all warm and melty. She hadn’t thought he would miss her as much as she missed him, and the realization gave her mixed feelings. On the one hand, she was pissed that he was making her feel like that. On the other hand, she shared his sentiment; she missed him too.

“Listen, I know you don’t really want to see me, but can we talk this weekend… somewhere else? I have some things I need to say and I don’t really want to do it here.”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea,” she said, though she really wanted to say yes.

“Then can it be my turn to do this?”

Before she could contemplate his question, she was pulled forward and his lips collided with hers, taking her by surprise. This kiss was far more intense that the previous two had been and Buffy was completely overwhelmed by the sensation. His lips moved insistently over hers, trying to coax her into kissing him back. His tongue swept across the seam of her lips and she could taste strawberries and rum as hers darted out quickly. She could feel cold pressed against her upper arm where he held the glass and her at the same time, and little bit of the icy liquid sloshed out and ran down her arm. She put her hands up and grasped at his upper arms for balance, as he pushed her back against the wall behind them and she lost herself in the feelings.

Then she shoved him away.

Buffy came to her senses and she remembered everything that had happened over the last week. Now she was angry.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” she asked with outrage.

“I should think it was fairly obvious,” he said with a sheepish smile.

“You can’t just…just do that!” she yelled. “You tell me we can’t be together because you’re leaving and now you suddenly think it’s okay to kiss me! Xander was so right about you!”

At the mention of Xander, he became angry as well. “And what did the mighty Xander have to say?”

“That you have absolutely no idea what you want.”

“Everything okay, Buffy?” Willow’s voice sounded like an angel as Buffy saw her appear behind Will.

“Yeah, I was just coming back to you guys,” Buffy said, pushing past Will and leaving him standing in the line for the ladies room, half empty daiquiri in hand.


Chapter End Notes:
Thoughts???

Also, for my next fic I really want to do something based on Mad Men, which I think is super sexy and would make a great Spuffy drama! Let me know what you think about this!