Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is really short, but I felt it needed to be on it's own.

Enjoy!
Buffy had no idea what to do.

‘Could it be true,’ she wondered to herself, as she sat through her next class. So great was her distraction that she couldn’t have told someone the subject if they asked her.

‘This is Xander and Will we’re talking about. I know them better than anyone. They couldn’t possibly keep something like this a secret, could they? I mean, they are awfully close. And they don’t hang out with anyone but each other. But, that’s only cause they dislike everyone else, right? No no no. It’s just a rumor. It has to be. I mean, Will isn’t…and Xander certainly…WHAT THE HELL?!’ Buffy’s internal monologue was about to make her head explode.

‘Cordelia just likes to gossip. Yeah, that’s it. She’d say anything to get people talking. But, she did say that other people said it, too. It would explain why neither of them have had any girlfriends. Well, except that slutty Dru girl that Will was into last year. That ended fast though, Xander hated her. They do spend a lot of time in Xander’s room with the door shut. NO, don’t go there, Buffy. I don’t even wanna think about Will and Xander…oh god. Stop it, Buffy! Calm down…breath…ok, better. Now think, it could all be one big rumor. Yeah, that’s it. It’s gotta be just a rumor. Maybe I should just ask them. They might think it’s hysterical and ridiculous. But, what if it’s true?”

The ringing of the bell interrupted Buffy’s mind numbing dilemma.

‘I don’t even know what class I’m leaving,’ she thought as she gathered her belongings. She rushed out of the room, wanting this day to be over as soon as possible. She walked through the hallway, mind still racing.

“Buffy, are you ok?”

Buffy stopped short and turned to the voice that came from behind her. She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw it was Willow.

“Willow!” she exclaimed. ‘I can talk to Willow about this, right? She’s basically my best friend. Who else could I talk to about it?’

“Could we talk, Willow?” Buffy glanced around the hallway, noting the large throngs of students rushing to classes. “In private,” she added.

“Is everything ok? You look kind of…distressed,” Willow said as she took Buffy’s arm and started to guide her down the hallway.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just…I need some advice…or something,” she said nervously.

Willow and Buffy reached the library, a place they both knew that they’d be able to talk in private, as not many students ventured there. They found a table in the back, behing some shelves and sat down.

“What’s up?” Willow’s eyes were bright with curiosity and concern.

“I um…Cordelia said something to me about…I mean…ok…” Buffy took a breath. “Have you heard any rumors about Will and Xander…”

Willow looked at her expectantly as Buffy spoke carefully.

“…Being…together? Like, together together?” she finished, a desperate look in her eyes.

“Um, yeah,” Willow started slowly, trying to gauge Buffy’s reaction. “I’ve heard things from people. I thought you knew. I mean, I kind of hinted to it the other night, but I guess that you didn’t pick up on it. Not that you aren’t smart, Buffy! It’s just…I guess you must be too close so you don’t want to see it. Or, maybe it’s...” Willow began to ramble on, as she often did when she got nervous.

“Do you really think it’s true?” Buffy asked in a small voice.

“I know you don’t wanna hear this, Buffy, but, it seems pretty obvious. I mean, look at how close they are. It just seems different than most other best friends. You see that, right?”

“Yeah, I know that. But, I just don’t understand why I wouldn’t know about it,” Buffy said sadly.

“Buffy, I know you love Will, or really like him, but-“

Buffy cut her off. “It’s not about that, Willow! Well, maybe it’s a little bit about that. It just that, why wouldn’t they tell me?” Her eyes started to tear up as she spoke.

Willow spoke softly. “I dunno, Buffy. I mean, maybe they were afraid of how you’d take it. Being a gay teen is hard, or so I’ve heard. Maybe you should just ask Xander. Be up front. He’s your brother, he knows you love him.” Willow smiled softly.

“I wouldn’t even know where to start. I can’t just be all, ‘hey, Xan, are you and Will gay together?’ I mean, really Willow, it’s-“

“Buffy!” Willow exclaimed. She continued softly,” You need to talk to him. It’s the only way you’re going to get any real answers. Everything’s gonna be ok, I’m sure of it.” Willow tried to reassure her. She reached out to Buffy and gave her a comforting hug, which Buffy readily accepted.

Buffy contemplated Willow’s words and tried to calm herself. Yet, she couldn’t shake the feeling that this would change everything.


Chapter End Notes:
I hope everyone gets where Buffy is coming from. In the next chapter, Buffy will confront Xander and things should start moving along.

The Spuffy relationship has to move slow in order for my plans to work out, so I encourage you to be patient.

I also encourage you to review, as they make me very happy.

Thanks for reading!