Author's Chapter Notes:
Alright Chapter 9. One you've been waiting for, but not for long. Spike and Buffy need to have a chat...but he is shirtless...
Chapter 9

An eternity seemed to pass by as they stood motionless, facing each other. Spike was waiting for her to make the first move, be the first to break the silence. She’d made her way to him, now she needed to be the one to mention this thing between them. Buffy knew he was waiting for her but she was having trouble focusing at the minute.

Spike shirtless! God he looks good, like a Greek God. Where did he get a body like that. All muscular and lean and chiselled. Look at those abs! Yummy.

Realising she might actually be drooling, Buffy tried to shake thoughts of how lickable Spike’s torso was from her head and focus on the topic at hand.

You’re here for answers Buffy. You need to understand what Spike feels and since when and find out if he’s really changed, not jump his bones, even if he does look rather delectable half-naked and bathed in candlelight.

She whimpered as she struggled to avoid looking at Spike’s body and focus on his equally attractive face. He really wasn’t making this easy on her. Why, oh why did he have to be shirtless? She’d never seen him without clothes before and that was probably a good thing. It was difficult enough to deal with dreaming about your enemy without the knowledge that not even your wildest fantasies had done him justice. The way he was quirking that sexy scarred eyebrow of his at her, almost as if he knew what she was thinking, wasn’t helping either.

Stupid sexy vampire.

“Ahem, Spike I have some questions…about what you said last night…how you have…feelings…for me.”

Spike nodded and waited patiently.

Great, he’s gonna make me drag it outta him.

“Well…you made it sound like you’ve been feeling different about me for a while, respecting me I can understand, but when exactly did those feelings change? How long have you…since you realised?”

She fidgeted nervously, wringing her hands and waiting for his reply, glancing at him from under her eyelashes.

She’s adorable when she’s nervous. Focus Spike, now’s not the time, now answer her question.

Well if I’m bein’ honest, I’ve lusted after you for ages, prob’ly since the beginning only I never allowed myself to act on those feelin’s. I resented havin’ to go to you for help after the chip but when you actually helped me…I guess I didn’ really wanna kill you after that, any more’n you really wanted to stake me. As for when I realised I felt more for you, well, that happened after that attempt I made to get the chip removed by that army doc you had called in for your soldier boy. I was so pissed at you, always there gettin’ in my way…”

Spike shook his head at the memory and chuckled before returning her gaze.

“I had a dream about you after that. I was kissin’ you, you told me you wanted me and I told you…I scared myself awake with that dream. I couldn’ believe it, didn’ wanna believe it. I begged for it not to be true but I knew. That’s when I knew, and when the stalkin’ began.”

Buffy nodded slowly. She remembered how he’d suddenly taken to following her around, interrupting her on patrol and the several occasions she’d found him under the tree by her house, the ground littered with cigarettes as though he’d been there all night. Now she was pretty sure he had.

“What was it you told me? What did you realise that scared you so much? What did you tell me in the dream Spike?”

This was what he was nervous about. Plucking up all his courage he readied himself to tell her what he knew she had to hear to understand, what she might not want to accept, but what she had to know.

“I told you…that I loved you. I do Buffy. I love you.”

Buffy gasped and raised a hand to cover her mouth as her jaw dropped and her eyes widened.

He said it! Oh God, he said he loves me! Spike loves me!

“You? How? Why? How can you love me? We don’t…I’ve never…the way I treated you…the way we treated each other! I don’t understand.”

Spike strode towards her purposefully. She was too stunned to notice or move away. He grabbed her by the arms and forced her to look up at him.

“Buffy, I don’ understand how it happened either but it’s true. I love you. I have for a long time now. First it was hate, then lust, then admiration mixed with resentment but somehow it became love. I can’t stop thinking about you Buffy. You’ve become part of me, changing me. You make me want to be better, to help you and not just because I can hit demons or get paid for it. I’ve been helpin’ you for a while now without gettin’ anythin’ in return. Let me show you Buffy. Let me prove to you I can be better, that I can change. I’ll do it Buffy, for you I’ll do it.”

Buffy was shocked. She couldn’t answer him, everything he’d said racing through her mind. She’d come here looking for answers and he’d given them to her. He loved her and he was changing and she believed him. She couldn’t doubt the truth in his words. He was always honest, the truth often hurt more than any lie and she knew she’d trusted his word in the past when he was her enemy so how could she doubt him now? Add in the desperation in his voice and she knew how sincere he was. He could love, and now, he loved her.

“Spike, I believe you.”

Spike looked at her in awe. She believed him? He thought for sure she’d be repulsed, would push him away and deny everything he said he felt for her but instead she’d accepted it. Instead of running she was here in his arms, looking back at him, a mixture of nervousness and fear evident in her expression. He knew she was unsure of what was supposed to happen, what she should be feeling. He wanted to reassure her. He wanted her to know that he’d never hurt her, that he’d do everything he could to prove himself to her.

“Buffy, luv, give me a chance please. Let me prove how good we could be together. We match Buffy. You and me, we’re equals, you have to see that. Please luv, let me show you?”

Buffy stared up into his warm blue gaze and felt herself melting. God how she wanted him. She wanted to give him that chance. He was right. They did match.

But her friends. They’d never understand, and Giles…Spike would always be an enemy in their eyes. If she hadn’t allowed him to get so close to her she wouldn’t have believed he’d changed either. She would have ignored it the way they would. She thought back to her conversation with her Mom. Joyce had given her, her honest opinion about Spike, even without a soul she liked him more than she ever would Angel, and even though she hated the idea of her daughter dating a vampire she wanted her to be happy, so she’d told her to figure out what she wanted, and she knew now, she wanted him.

Buffy reached up to caress his cheeks, taking in every detail of his defined features.

“Show me Spike.”

And he did.

A look of disbelief crossed his face before changing to amazed delight and he pulled her to him tightly and kissed her.

“Oh Buffy luv, thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.”

He punctuated each word with a tender kiss, brushing his lips across her face, worshipping every inch of her, before meeting her mouth with his own. He slid his tongue along the seam of her lips until she parted them, allowing him entrance.

Their tongues tangled in a battle for dominance as the kiss grew more passionate and their hands began to wander over one another’s bodies.

Buffy relaxed against him, enjoying the feeling of being enveloped in his arms, his cool skin pressed against her. She’d never thought of Spike as tender but he was so gentle, so loving, he made her feel safe and she knew that no matter how wrong it appeared, it felt absolutely right.

Spike still couldn’t quite believe this was happening. Buffy wanted him and she wasn’t going to deny herself any longer. She wanted him to show her what they could have and he was determined to prove they belonged together.

When she had to pull away for breath, Spike turned his attention to her neck just like he had before and Buffy felt the trembling sensation at the mixed feeling of her Slayer side warning her of danger and the effect of Spike nuzzling her neck and ghosting his lips and tongue over her sensitive skin.

She wanted more so she ran her hands over his bare chest, learning the feel of every trembling muscle. She flicked one of his nipples and was surprised at the rumbling noise that vibrated from his chest.

“Did you just purr?”

“No.”

She did it again and the same noise emerged from her actions.

“Oh my God you did. You purr! That’s so cute.”

Spike raised his head and scowled at her.

“Oi! I do not purr, and I’m not cute.”

She grinned mischievously at him and thrust against him, eliciting a little whimper when she felt his erection press into her stomach.

“Yes you are. You’re cute and you’re hot and you’re sexy and you purr.”

Spike growled and pulled her into another passionate kiss that had her gasping for air when he finally released her.

“You forgot to mention strong and dangerous and…” he ran his hands up under her top and over her lace covered breasts, tweaking her nipples and making them harden into stiff peaks, grinning when she moaned in pleasure, “…bad.”

She studied him under heavy-lidded eyes, her mind clouded with lust for the cocky vamp. She stroked the soft blonde curls at the nape of his neck and scraped her nails across his shoulder blades, leaving little red trails along his skin and making him hiss at the painful pleasure.

“You are. You’re very, very bad.”

She moved in to kiss and suck at his neck and he threw his head back, giving her full access to do what she wanted, rubbing her breasts and sliding one hand down to her ass which he squeezed. She ran her tongue along his pulse point and suddenly bit down, not hard enough to break skin but enough to be painful. Spike grunted and she looked up at him, a dangerous gleam in her eyes.

“Yeah you’re bad, but so am I.”

Spike didn’t think it was possible for him to be any more turned on but the sight of Buffy with a wicked gleam in her eyes, kneading his pale flesh, her lips swollen from his kisses had him painfully hard and aching for release. He had to have her, now.

With a primal growl he lifted her up, and giggling in pleasant surprise, she wrapped her legs around his hips, feeling his erection rubbing against her sensitive centre through their pants. She clung to him and bent her head for another heated kiss, while he supported her with his hands gripping her thighs and moved towards the open entrance to his bedchamber.

The thought that things were going a little fast entered Buffy’s mind briefly, after all she had only just made her mind up to give him a chance but his kiss was erasing the thought and she knew there was no point kidding herself. She wanted this, had been ready to jump him in the cemetery, it was inevitable really.

He dropped down carefully with her still wrapped around him and walked towards his bed where he deposited her gently, still kissing her fiercely.

This needing air thing can be really irritating, Buffy thought as she pulled away again to draw in more oxygen. She sighed in pleasure when Spike went back to her neck, caressing her skin with his hands as he trailed them up and down her sides. But I guess it’s okay as long as he does that.

She vaguely took in her surroundings and realised she was in a secret part of his crypt she’d never seen before. Somehow she’d always assumed he slept on those sarcophaguses upstairs but clearly he was above that if the king-size she was currently sitting on was anything to go by. He had a fridge and a T.V. so she really shouldn’t be surprised.

I guess this is what he meant when he said he was fixing the place up. Is that a Persian rug?

She had no more time to assess the rest of the décor, however, as Spike pulled away from her neck making her moan in protest at the loss of contact.

He looked down at her and grinned.

“S’alright kitten, I’m not stoppin’, jus’ thought you might wanna remove some of those clothes. Seems only fair an’ all.”

Buffy blushed at the thought of Spike seeing her naked.

I’m really going to do this. I’m really going to sleep with Spike.

Spike frowned when she went quiet, noticing her blush and worried she might be changing her mind.

“Buffy?”

She looked up at his questioning voice and saw the worry in his face. She shifted around so she was kneeling on the bed and more or less level with him, taking his head in her hands and looking him straight in the eye.

“I want you Spike. I want this. I’m just a little nervous. I never thought we of all people would be doing this. I haven’t exactly had a great track record with men and after all the stuff you said about me and how you feel, I don’t want to be a disappointment.”

Spike was stunned. She was worried about disappointing him? What crazy world was this? The woman of his dreams, who was way too good for him and gave out of his league a new meaning was nervous that she wouldn’t live up to his expectations?

“Buffy there is no way in hell you could ever disappoint me luv. You’re amazin’. I love you, I love everythin’ about you. Those other gits didn’ know what they had and if things fell apart it’s because they had no bloody clue how to treat a woman like you. Anythin’ that went wrong was because they weren’t good enough, not you an’ I think I’ve made it clear that I’m not goin’ anywhere.”

Buffy smiled at him and felt her eyes moistening with tears. He really loved her. No one had ever said anything like that to her before. She may be a confident fighter and leader but when it came to relationships she always feared getting her heart broken. She’d been hurt so many times, it was part of the reason she’d been so distant with Riley. After Angel and Parker she was afraid to let anyone in.

But Spike’s not like that.

Spike wasn’t like that. He never left her, even when they were on opposite sides he was always there, it was why that one night he’d vanished had freaked her out so much. She couldn’t remember a time since he came back to Sunnydale that he wasn’t lurking around somewhere.

Leaning in she kissed him softly, a long, lingering kiss, putting all her feelings into it, trying to show him how grateful she was that he would always be there for her. He kissed her back lovingly, holding her securely. It was a long time before they broke apart.

When they did, Buffy gave him another shy smile before easing back and lifting her top up over her head slowly and dropping it to the floor. His eyes glazed over as he appreciated her and when she couldn’t take the intensity of his appraisal anymore she pulled him down to her, leaning back on the bed until her head lay on the pillow and he was hovering over her.

They kissed more fervently and she caressed his back, enjoying the feel of his muscles moving beneath his skin as he moved above her, thrusting gently, stoking the fires of their desire for each other.

Slowly he moved downwards, kissing her shoulder, moving along her collarbone and down between her breasts. He paused to suck at a nipple through the fabric of her bra and she arched up into him.

“Hmmm Spike,” she breathed.

He caressed her other breast gently with one hand while the other lowered slowly over her abdomen and down to the waistband of her pants. He carefully undid the button and lowered the zip before slipping his hand in to caress her through her panties.

“Hah, mmm yes.”

He moved his head to give her other breast the same attention with his mouth only this time he lowered the bra so he took her bare nipple into his mouth, catching it between his teeth and rolling his tongue around it.

She arched against him, moaning her pleasure loudly, gripping his hair to hold him there while one hand grasped at his arm, needing to hold on to him.

He continued to rub her slowly and gently despite her desperate attempts to thrust against his hand in search of more friction. He decided to move down her body again, smirking when he heard her whimper as his mouth left her nipple. He trailed kisses steadily down her stomach and ran his tongue around her navel before slipping it inside making her groan aloud. He continued his exploration, keeping his eyes on her face and watching her expressions of pleasure.

When he reached her pants he paused and halted his caresses. He waited until her eyes focused on his before he gripped her pants and tugged gently.

Understanding dawned and after a hesitant pause, she raised her hips, allowing him to slide the tight pants she insisted on wearing down her legs with some difficulty. He removed her boots and pulled her pants off completely, now kneeling at the bottom of the bed.

He took in the vision before him and shivered at the gorgeous sight. Golden skin, rivalled only by her shiny gold tresses, fanned out over his pillow, shadows flickering over her body from the glow of the candles. He licked his lips and thanked the Powers That Be for delivering such a goddess to him. The flimsy black lace of her underwear was all that hid her from him and he didn’t intend to keep it there much longer.

“Spike,” her husky voice called to him as he continued to stare at her.

He looked up to meet her eyes and she trembled at the predator she saw there. He lowered his head and kissed the inside of her ankle as his hands travelled up her calves and thighs, teasing her and making her body shiver at his touch. He moved up slowly, kissing every inch of her and she felt herself getting impossibly wet as he drew nearer to her aching pussy.

When he reached her inner thigh she gasped and clutched his hair. He nuzzled the damp patch of her underwear and then licked along it, right over her heated core.

“Ahh, Spike!”

He tugged at the thin lace quickly and tore the garment off her body before she even registered what he was doing. Before she had time to complain, however, he dove in and licked her slit from bottom to top in one long sweep.

“Gah! Oh my God!”

She bucked under him and he held her steady. He raised her legs and spread her open before him taking in the sight of her pink, wet pussy and inhaling the intoxicating scent of her arousal. He growled as she overpowered his senses and set about worshipping her the way she deserved.

As he kissed and licked at her, Buffy writhed mindlessly beneath him. He was a fantastic kisser so it figured he’d be amazing at this as well. She’d never experienced pleasure like this before. Riley had tried but his tentative slurping couldn’t even come close to what Spike was doing to her. Of course Spike was a very orally fixated vampire, that much she knew already.

He tapped her clit with his tongue and she tugged on his hair sharply, thrusting up against him. He placed one hand firmly on her abdomen to hold her down while he took the delicate nubbin into his mouth and sucked on it before nibbling it with his teeth and she squealed.

“Spike! Oh God yes! Unh! Yes!”

He replaced his mouth with his thumb and licked along her slit again, tasting her and spreading her juices.

“Buffy, you taste so bloody good luv. I wanna devour you, gonna eat you up.”

“Yes Spike. Eat me, oh God!”

He plunged his tongue deep into her and she arched off the bed. When her panting and thrusting became more urgent he took her clit in his mouth again, applying pressure with his tongue and driving two fingers into her.

“Oh Spike! I’m close! Please!”

She didn’t need to ask twice. Spike felt her inner walls tightening as he fucked her faster with his fingers, increasing the speed and pressure of his tongue on her clit, he grazed his blunt teeth over the sensitive pearl and soon she collapsed around him.

“SPIIIIKE!” she cried out as she came and he continued sucking at her clit, prolonging her orgasm and turning her limbs to jelly.

When she finally came down from her high Spike was smirking up at her with his chin resting on his hands on her stomach, looking rightfully pleased with himself.

“Enjoy that kitten?”

“I should think that was obvious.”

He grinned and lifted himself up, prowling up along her body like a jungle cat until he could look directly into her eyes.

“I told you I’d make you feel good, and we haven’t even gotten to the main event yet.”

Buffy wasn’t sure she could handle the main event. He’d turned her to mush, but the look of hunger in his eyes even after he’d feasted on her and the prominent bulge in his pants was making her wet again and she knew she wanted more of him. She needed him inside her.

“Speaking of the main event, why have you still got pants on. You took mine off cos it wasn’t fair remember? Well this hardly seems fair to me.”

He grinned and kissed her again. She could taste herself on him and it only turned her on more. She decided to take matters into her own hands, literally in fact, undoing his belt and unbuttoning and unzipping his jeans with lightening speed. She reached in to grab hold of him and release him from the confining denim.

Hmmm, Spike goes commando. Actually it’s a wonder he fits into those tight jeans.

“Bloody hell, Buffy! Oh touch me pet.”

She happily complied stroking his throbbing member firmly, swiping her thumb over the top to spread the pre-cum and lubricate his cock, increasing her speed as his unnecessary breathing sped up.

She was so hot, Spike felt a familiar tightening in his balls and halted her hand with a tremendous effort.

“Hang on luv, you’re doin’ a little too well an’ I wanna be inside when I cum.”

Buffy agreed and moved her hands to his jeans again, pulling them down. She struggled a bit and looked at him for help.

“Off,” she demanded and he obliged.

“Bossy little bint,” he grinned at her, kicking his jeans off until he was completely naked.

“One more thing.”

He reached down and removed her bra so that she was also completely exposed and settled himself between her thighs again. He rocked against her and they both moaned loudly at the feeling of his cock sliding between her slick folds.

They shared a look and finding what they each sought in the other’s eyes, began their new dance.

Spike eased himself inside slowly, inch by painstaking inch. Buffy felt herself widening around him, stretching to accommodate him. She couldn’t take the slow torture any longer and raising her legs and clasping them around his waist, she bucked upwards while simultaneously pulling him in fully. He was totally enveloped in her hot core and Spike struggled to get a grip on himself. Buffy cried out as he was fully sheathed inside her and filling her up perfectly.

God he feels good!

Bloody hell, she’s gonna dust me, burn me up. So hot. I’m never leavin’ here. Never, never, never.

He began moving inside her, thrusting slowly at first until he felt her responding and then increasing the pace.

Buffy met him thrust for thrust and she clung to him desperately.

“Spike. Harder. Faster.”

“Buffy!”

He altered his pace, giving her what they both wanted. He pulled out almost fully and then rammed back in, twisting his hips and hitting a spot inside her she didn’t even know was there.

“Unh! Oh fuck yes! Spike, right there!”

He pounded into her, hitting that sweet spot inside that fast had her approaching completion. She squeezed her inner muscles around him, strangling his cock and making him groan from the sensation.

“Yes! Yes! Yes!”

“Fuck! Buffy! I love you! I love you so much!”

Buffy screamed her release, his declaration of love floating in the air around her as everything burst into white hot stars in her eyes.

Spike roared his own end when he felt her come apart under him, clamping around him with her Slayer muscles, flooding him with her heat and he emptied himself inside her.

They were both panting desperately as the aftershocks ran through them. Spike collapsed down on top of her before rolling to the side so as not to crush her. They both moaned as he slipped out of her and Buffy willed herself to move so she could curl up against him.

“That was incredible.”

He kissed her temple and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her closer.

“You’re tellin’ me. You were amazin’ luv. I’ve never felt anythin’ like that.”

“Me either.”

The two blondes lay nestled against each other, completely spent and in absolute bliss. It had taken a lot for them to get here and they were both emotionally and physically drained. Spike was still struggling to comprehend that it wasn’t all some wonderful dream. He was determined to keep her now she’d come to him and once they were rested he’d really prove how good he could make her feel. Gradually her breathing slowed and Spike pulled the covers up around them as they settled in to sleep.