Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for all the wonderful reviews from the last chapter. Honestly, you guys make me so happy I could die.

The day after I made Darla gay I met Julie Benz and all I could think the entire time was "I made you gay. I made you gay. I made you gay." I don't think she knew.

I also met Clare Kramer. She is really sweet and definitely not Glory-like at all. I feel bad about making her character so insane in this fic but it is necessary. I am a huge Lady GaGa fan, but she keeps popping up as inspiration for Glory's character. Get ready for the craziness in upcoming chapters.

Nick Brendon, however, is exactly like Xander. He and his brother were insanely awesome and a lot of fun doing karaoke.
Chapter 14.

It had been just over a week since Spike had left and slowly but surely the couple was getting used to the new long distance characteristic that their relationship was forced to take on. They had fallen in to a pretty steady routine throughout the last few days and the arrangement seemed to work well on both ends. He would call her at a quarter to seven every morning, before every show, and then again the moment he stepped foot on the bus to turn in for the night. There had been a few times where those goodnight calls had came pretty late, he did have to socialize and keep up a certain reputation, but neither would even think about missing a single chance to cash in on the only bit of a connection they could get through these hard times. He was hell bent on being not only the first voice she heard in the morning, but also the last she heard at night. In any normal relationship this would seem a bit obsessive, but what they had together was very far from normal.

The only sense of normality came from her friends. She and Willow were both in the same boat and the two unwittingly stayed strong for one another. She thanked God for Willow every day and she knew that without her being there things would have been a lot harder. Xander made sure to keep the girls busy and was always around for a good laugh or a shoulder to whine on just like he had always been. Riley, on the other hand, was a brand new member of their little gang and they still weren't exactly sure what role he was to fill. He had a crush on Buffy, that was obvious from the first day that they had actually talked at The Shadow Gallery, but the subject had never caused any issues and didn't seem like a problem for the time being. Buffy was practically oblivious to it and Xander and Willow both knew that she would never be unfaithful to Spike.

"You'd be an idiot to try anything." Xander had told him the one and only time it had been brought up. "She has a boyfriend and said boyfriend would kick your ass for even looking at her the wrong way."

Riley had nodded as he spoke and he knew it was true, he just didn't know how true. Spike had on more than one occasion asked Buffy about 'Captain Cardboard' and she knew that it was because of the stupid shot he had offered her on his last night in town. Buffy had continued to insist that it was nothing, he just wanted to get in the good graces of his new co-worker, but Spike had played that game before. In the end they both just had to agree to disagree and left it at that. He knew that he couldn't stop her from hanging out with her friends and he trusted her completely, but something about him still ruffled his well gelled feathers.

The next few weeks would be pretty busy for both of them. Spike's days were filled with shows, interviews, long bus rides, and the occasional plane trip to their next venue. He knew that wouldn't stop until the first leg of their tour was over and if he was being honest with himself he wouldn't want it any other way. Buffy, on the other hand, was trying her hardest to balance work, school, and her social life during one of the busiest times of her year. Finals would be starting in a week and the semester would be over in two. The amount of studying she had to look forward to was pretty intimidating, but not nearly as bad as the anxiety she had over moving back in to her house. Buffy had been pretty surprised when Willow had brought up the prospect of them renting their own place in LA, but the more she had thought about it the more she had grown to enjoy the idea.

"Do you think we could afford it?" Buffy asked.

Willow shrugged. "I mean it would be pretty tight, but my parents have been hinting at it being close to that time for a while and if you keep working the same amount of hours you do now I'm sure we could afford something."

That was all it took for the girls to make an official decision and in the absence of Spike and Oz, Xander and Riley had offered to go apartment hunting with them. Truth be told, the girls knew close to nothing about what to look out for in a potential home and Xander and Riley had each personally gone through it. They had all managed to be off work on Friday and decided that it would be the perfect day to begin their search.

"Where are you birds planning on looking?" Spike asked when Buffy had told him of their plan.

"Everywhere, I guess." Buffy answered. "We want to be in the city but still kind of close to the school, too."

"I remember when I was looking for apartments," he said, "check the corners of the closets and under the mattresses."

"What for?" Buffy asked.

"Spiders and bed bugs. I was about two signatures away from moving in to this tiny crib with a pest problem paying almost double what I do now."

"You were like a kid then," Buffy said, "Willow and I are adults."

"You're also women." He pointed out. "A lot of blokes are gonna try and take advantage of that, pet. You broads are a lot more trusting than a man is and are prone to fall for a charmers... charms."

"A charmers charms?" Buffy asked in a tone going along perfectly with her raised eyebrow. She chose not to tell him that Xander and Riley were going with them, it would just upset him and make him feel like he wasn't around enough.

"Oh, sod off." He said tiredly. "I can't be expected to be witty and creative all the time."

"IS THAT BUFFY?" She heard the unmistakeable voice of Bob fill the air. She could hear the two men struggle for possession of the phone and was actually surprised to hear Bob's victorious laughter fill her ear. "Hi Buffy-y-y." He slurred in to the phone.

"Hi Bob, how are you?" She asked.

"Fucking hammered mother fuckaaah!" He yelled.

Buffy laughed. "Well, obviously. Is my boyfriend behaving himself?"

"Aw yeah," he said slowly, "not even taking drinks from any skanks, you've got him wrapped honey. Spikey's fucking wrapped!"

Buffy laughed again. "Don't say that, it makes me feel like a controlling bitch."

"You're not a controlling bitch, Buff-a-saurus." He slurred. "He loves you, I love you, WE ALL LOVE YOU!"

"Fuck, Bob, give me the fucking phone!"

She heard another round of rustling and then a sad Bob say something about just wanting to talk to the Buff-a-saurus Rex before Spike obviously got the phone back. Spike practically knocked Bob off the bus before locking the door behind him to keep any more phone call intruders from entering the conversation.

"You'd be surprised how strong that bloody wanker is." He said as his voice returned to the phone.

"What is a Buff-a-saurus?" She asked.

"Uh, yeah," he said with a sigh, "Bob's apparently made up a nickname for you. He does that, too."

"Man of many talents."

"Only when he's drunk." Spike said, the last bits of anger finally leaving his voice.

There was a moment of silence as Buffy pulled back the comforter of her bed. She pulled her hair out of her ponytail and let it fall loosely around her shoulders as she slid between the sheets and made herself comfortable. She rested her head on her pillow and let out a relaxed sigh. "I miss falling asleep with you."

"So do I, baby," he practically whispered, "more than anything."

"I haven't had a good nights sleep since that last night with you." She admitted in a tired voice.

"I seem to remember a bit more than sleeping going on, luv." Spike chuckled and she could hear his bunk creak under his weight. "Want me to help you sleep?"

Buffy's brows furrowed. "How are you going to do that?" She asked.

"Trust me." He whispered. "Are you in your bed?"

"Yeah."

"Close your eyes, lay down, and relax." He kept his voice low and slow and she couldn't help but feel as if she was at some cheesy hypnotist show. "Are you relaxed?" He asked after a few seconds.

"Yeah." She responded in her normal tone.

"Buffy." He said in a warning tone.

"What?"

"You're not relaxing." He said exasperatedly.

"I am so!" She argued back.

"Buffy." He warned again.

"Alright, fine." She said as she found her comfy spot in her bed. She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths as she tried to get herself to relax. It was hard to do things like this on command and just as she was about to give up, the sound of his soft and quiet humming filled her mind. It was a tune she somewhat recognized, but she couldn't place exactly what it was. She felt the tension and stress from the day ease out of her body and disappear in the air around her as his wordless voice filled her head. He was all she was focusing on as her mind painted pictures of his face in her mind.

"Just listen to me, pet." He said softly after a few moments. "Can you do that?"

"Uh huh." She whispered.

"Alright, luv, now imagine me climbing in to the bed next to you. Imagine the mattress dipping under my weight and feel me getting closer to you." He spoke slowly and steadily as he described exactly what he wanted her to feel and she played her part without question or worry. She was already beginning to surprise herself with just how realistic her imagination was making this already. "I'm behind you now and laying down beside you. You can feel the warmth of my body on your back as I get closer to you."

It was probably just the fact that she was halfway between dream and reality, but she could almost swear she felt him there next to her. The memories she had stored up in her mind without even realizing it were definitely just tricking her in to what she felt, but in this moment it was real, he was here with her and not a thousand miles away somewhere.

"You feel one of my arms wrap around your waist and I'm pulling you close to me." He could tell just by her silence that the little trick was working. Oz had told him about it years ago and in their teens the boys had practiced it with whatever girlfriends they had had at the time. "You roll over to face me," Spike smiled as he heard the springs of her mattress move as she turned, "and rest your head on my chest. I'm pulling you closer to me and kissing your hair softly. Can you feel it, Buff?"

He waited for a few silent moments but he knew no response was coming. She had been tired at the beginning of their conversation and it was nearing four in the morning. He chuckled softy to himself as he pushed the end button on his phone, sending her a quick goodnight text before sitting it on the shelf of his bunk and rolling over, taking his extra pillow in to his arms and holding it in Buffy's rightful place.

Why should she be the only one partaking in the fantasy he had created?

000000000000

Buffy awoke the next morning with her phone still resting on her cheek. With a flash of sudden embarrassment, she grabbed the thing off of her face and quickly slammed it on to her nightstand. She glanced over and was relieved to see that Willow was still sleeping and had not seen where her phone had taken residence that night. She glanced at the clock, it was almost eight and she was a little confused as to why Spike hadn't called her that morning like he had every other. She glanced at her phone and only then noticed the flashing red light indicating a message of some sort.

From Spike:

Told you I'd help you fall asleep. My flight leaves at 6, I'll call you before the show. Thinking of you and only you.

000000000000

Spike sat in the window seat next to Oz as the plane flew steadily through the air. He had his notebook on his lap and was writing away like his life depended on it. "Whatcha dooin'?" Oz asked as he leaned over slightly in his chair to take a peek at what Spike was writing.

"Working on a new song." Spike answered absentmindedly as he tapped the pen he was using against his knee.

"Mind if I take a look?" Oz asked.

Without hesitation Spike handed him the book and Oz began to look over the scribblings on the page. Spike's creative process was pretty chaotic. He would write random phrases all over the page in different writing styles and using more pressure on the pen here and then barely writing anything there, but Oz seemed to understand it perfectly.

"This all about Buffy?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah," he said, "it's still rough but I think I can make something of it." Spike said as he waited for Oz's opinion.

"No," Oz said turning the page sideways, "I like it."

"Do you?"

"Yeah," he said pointing at one of the verses, "especially this one here. Could make it kind of a tearjerker with a killer beat."

"Maybe get Glory to sing it with me." Spike said as he rested his chin on his hand.

"Yeah man, that'd be awesome." Oz handed the book back to Spike. "You really miss her, don't you?"

"Glory?"

"No, Buffy!" Oz said with a laugh.

Spike chuckled. "More and more every day." He admitted.

"You were never like this with Cecily." Oz commented.

Spike's muscles visibly tightened at the sound of her name coming from his mouth. "Cecily," he started slowly, "was nothing compared to Buffy."

"You two were together for six years." Oz said.

"For all the wrong reasons." Spike interjected. "We didn't have anything there at the end, she was just something familiar. She was a mistake from high school that went on far too long."

"You think she'll show up when we do our show in Philly?" He asked.

"Wouldn't put it past her," Spike said angrily, "she lives for this shit and would love to make it awkward."

"Plus I'm sure she's seen pictures of you and Buffy together."

"The jealous little bint she is, she'll definitely show." He realized.

"You'd think after being broken up for three years she'd chill out."

"She's under the false impression that she made me," he said, "delusional chit."

"Well," Oz said as he shifted in his seat, "if she shows up we'll just have to keep her away from you. Shouldn't be too hard with the security army Glory totes around with her."

They glanced over to where Glory was currently napping on the crowded flight. She was surrounded by her personal army on all fronts, they were sitting on either side of her as well as the rows in front and behind her. Most people would find it rude that someone would go through so much trouble to stay away from their fans, but Spike and Oz just found it funny. She was completely oblivious to the fact that without the people that she tried so hard to stay away from, she would still be little Gloria Marie Heckrotte from some small town just outside of Baltimore.

000000000000

"Okay," Xander said as they walked in to the first apartment of the day, "no way in hell am I letting you guys live here."

"I'm with Xander on this one." Riley said as they all took a look around.

The apartment itself wasn't too terrible, but the condition the previous owners had left it in left something to be desired. There were a couple of old brownish stains littering the floor and the counter top had a nice circular burn on it from where someone had sat a pot for a long period of time. The windows were stained with white streaks and, truth be told, it wasn't in the best of neighborhoods. Without even making it past the foyer, the group turned and left the apartment behind.

The next few apartments didn't go much better. They all had something wrong with them that would almost instantly throw them out of the running. The second apartment was designed poorly and the bathroom door couldn't open all the way. The third's closets were so small that there was no way the girls could possibly live there. The fourth had bugs and when they went in to the fifth, all they could hear was the sound of the Spanish neighbors screaming through the walls.

It was going on five when they took a break for lunch at a small deli just down the road from the bar. Buffy was getting a little bit discouraged about the entire thing, all of the apartments in their price range weren't exactly what she wanted to live in, but there really wasn't much she could do about that.

"I'm going to go order our food," Xander said as the rest of the gang filled one of the booths of the restaurant, "you guys just want the usual?"

"Sounds good to me." Buffy answered.

"Same here." Willow said as she took her spot next to Buffy.

Xander walked up to the counter and Riley popped in to the booth across from them. "So, how are you two feeling about this apartment search?"

Buffy shrugged. "I don't know, I don't want to move out of the dorm and in to something worse."

"We'll find something." Willow said cheerfully, she was almost as difficult to get down as Clem. "We just have to keep looking."

"The only places left are the ones that are actually in the city," Buffy said, "it's just going to get more and more expensive the closer we get."

"Well, we have one more to check out today," Riley said, "maybe it'll be the one."

"It's also the only one on our list that's out of our price range." Buffy commented as Xander rejoined the group and took a seat next to Riley.

"Maybe you could ask your folks for some help?" Riley suggested.

"No," Buffy said, "they wouldn't go for that when I have a perfectly good dorm room and can just live with them between semesters."

"It's right down the road," Riley said, "we're already out so we might as well give it a look."

Buffy nodded as the food was brought to the table, what harm could one more apartment do?

000000000000

"So what is this place called again?" Buffy asked as the group piled in to Riley's car. He started it with no trouble whatsoever, something she had grown to see as strange from spending so much time in Spike's vehicle, and took off toward whatever apartment complex he had in mind.

"Winds Echo." He answered. "It's a pretty nice place."

"And you said your friend lives here?" She asked.

"Yeah," he said, "a girl I used to work with at the old club."

"How long has she lived there?" Willow asked.

"I'm not sure," Riley answered, "I know it was for at least a year and she never seemed to have any problems."

"What about her clothes?" Xander asked. Everyone looked at him with confusion in their eyes and obviously fighting the urge to question him. "Well, if they were full of moth holes and stuff like that then that would mean that the place has a bug problem."

"Her clothes were fine," Riley answered with a shake of his head, "she actually had some really nice stuff."

"Sounds like someone may have had a little crush on this girl." Willow said with a little smirk.

Riley shrugged. "She was alright but-"

"RILEY! WATCH OUT!"

000000000000

Spike sat in one of the backstage rooms as Glory Wire finished their set. He had tried to call Buffy twice already but was getting no answer. He thought it was strange but didn't think too much of it, he knew she and Willow were going out looking for apartments that day and she was probably just busy with that. For all he knew they had found a place and were filling out applications.

"You alright?" Oz asked as he took a seat next to him on the leather sofa.

"Yeah," he said, "Buffy's not answering her phone is all."

"I've been having a hard time getting a hold of Willow, too." Oz commented. "They're probably still looking at apartments or something."

"That's what I figured." Spike said as the crowd cheered over the final notes of the last song.

Oz sighed, clapping a hand on Spike's shoulder. "Well, no use worrying about it now. It's just about showtime." He jumped off the table and took a few steps before looking back at Spike. "You coming?"

Spike nodded. "I'll be there in a minute."

Oz nodded and made his way toward the row of basses across the stage. He picked up his favorite and went to work making sure it was in tune as Spike picked up his phone one last time. He typed in her name and pushed the call button, waiting less than patiently as the phone rang evenly in his ear.

"Hi, this is Buffy." He sighed as he got the machine again. "I'm not here right now so leave a message and I'll call you back as soon as I can. Thanks."

"Hey, Buff, it's me. Haven't talked to you all day and I'm about to go on now so I won't have my phone. I'll call you as soon as we've finished up, but if you get this before just send me a text. I know it's stupid and I sound like a git, but I am a little worried about you and would really like some sort of proof that you're, ya know, still alive. Anyway, I'll call you later, pet. Miss you. Bye."

He hung up the phone and tossed it less than lightly on the table as he made his way across the stage. Something definitely wasn't right.

000000000000

Riley barely had any time to react before the dark blue SUV slammed in to the passenger side of his car. He could feel the car still skidding across the street at an alarming speed and he instantly covered his head with his hands. He heard a loud scream as the car hit the concrete divider in the middle of the road and sent them spiraling through the air before they finally landed upside down on the wrong side of the street. Riley had braced himself for another impact, but luckily whatever cars had been on that side of the road had seen the accident and stopped in time to avoid them.

He opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was the broken glass of his windshield and the way his door was smashed in. He shook his head to rid it of the small pieces of shattered glass as small droplets of blood dripped from his nose. He could hear motion and groans from his fellow passengers as they slowly began to realize what had just happened. "Is everyone okay?" He asked loudly.

"I'm okay." Willow answered from the back drivers side seat.

"I think I am, too." Xander said next. "Buff, you okay?"

"I...I think so." Her weakened voice said from the back seat.

Riley looked down and was relieved to see that his seat belt was undamaged. He immediately clicked the small red button and eased himself on to the smashed roof of the car. The second he hit the floor he knew that he had hurt something, but that didn't matter right now. He glanced over at Xander and moved to undo his seat belt.

"No," he said quietly, "my arm is stuck and I think my ribs are broken." Riley looked up and saw a piece of metal going straight through Xander's forearm. "Check the girls and get them out if you can."

Riley nodded and moved back to the driver's side of the car. He peeked between the seats and looked Willow over quickly. She looked fine other than a few cuts and scrapes. "Willow, can you get out of your seat belt?" He asked.

He watched as Willow looked down to her seat belt and nodded. "Yeah, I don't think my side got much damage other than the broken window."

Riley nodded. "Good. Get yourself out of it and climb out of the window. Make sure someone called the ambulance and when they get here tell them what it's like in here."

At Willow's confused look he cocked his head toward Buffy. Metal was practically enveloped around her and her arm was at a very awkward angle. She was covered in blood and she was having obvious trouble trying to stay awake. Willow glanced back over to Riley, tears forming in her eyes as she nodded. She clicked her seat belt and within seconds her slim body was through the window and running down the street.

Everywhere she looked people were gawking at the accident. A few people were on their phones and she noticed a couple more filming the wreckage. It took moments for the ambulance to get there, but to her it seemed like days. She watched in stunned silence as the medics pulled out stretchers and rescue teams raced over to the car. It was almost like an out of body experience as one of them pulled her to the side and began to examine her.

"Where are you hurt ma'am?" The paramedic asked as he led her to sit on one of the stretchers.

"What?" Willow asked as she watched one of the other teams run at the car with a large electric saw. "What are they going to do with that?"

"Did you hit your head?" He asked, pulling out a pen light and shining it in her eyes. "Do you have any dizziness or notice any swelling?"

"I don't know." She watched the sparks fly through the air as they cut away at the front driver's side door. "My friends..."

"They're going to be alright." The medic said. "Now I need to get some information from you."

Willow shook her head, slowly standing from the stretcher and pulling her cell phone out of her pocket. "I've got to call Spike."

000000000000

Riley could hear the sirens of emergency vehicles within moments and the usually annoying pitch made his heart swell. He climbed back over to the passenger side of the car and spoke quietly to the two trapped inside the wreckage. "The ambulance is here," he said, "they're going to get us out."

"Buffy, is she-?"

Riley glanced back at Buffy, she was still awake but he could tell that she was still dazed by the shock of it all. "She's alright." Riley said confidently. "They're going to have you guys out in no time, I promise."

As if on cue the lights from the emergency workers flashlights filled the car as one of them knelt down and stuck his head inside the window Willow had managed to crawl out just moments before. "You kids doing okay?" The man asked.

"I'm fine but these two can't move." Riley explained.

The man looked around, pointing his flashlight around the car and taking a quick survey of the damage done. After a few moments of careful study, he turned the flashlight off and nodded to Riley. "We're going to have to cut you kids out. It's going to be really loud but it won't hurt you."

Riley nodded and the man quickly left his view. He moved over to the passenger side again and covered his ears as the high pitched squealing of the saw cutting metal filled the air. He watched as they cut a large square in to the side of the car and quickly moved the newly made scrap metal off to the side. Riley was immediately pulled from the wreckage by two pairs of strong arms who sat him directly on to a waiting stretcher.

"The man in the front seat has a piece of metal going through his arm and the girl in the back, she's stuck and her arm is definitely broken." Riley explained to the man in charge.

He nodded as he glanced around at his team. "We'll get them out of there, boy, don't you worry about that. Just let the medics take a look at you and let me take care of this mess."

Riley nodded as the stretcher was quickly rolled away and tucked in to a waiting ambulance.

000000000000

Slowly but surely Buffy's body finally began to register the unbelievable amount of pain that she was in. She knew she must have been in shock at first, but as the adrenaline dwindled away she couldn't help the tears that welled up in her eyes. She had been sitting upside down for what seemed like forever now and the way her legs were wrapped up in the metal was becoming more and more scary as the time went on. She knew that she couldn't move her arm and the pain she felt as she tried to breathe was probably caused by her ribs being broken. The thing she was most afraid of, however, was the amount of blood she saw pooling at the bottom of the car.

"Xander?" She called hoarsely. "Xander, can you hear me?"

"I can hear you, Buff." He answered.

She sniffed and blinked her eyes rapidly, trying as hard as she could not to cry. "Xander, I'm scared."

"It's okay," he said, "we're going to be fine."

"How can you know that?" She asked.

"Because I just know." He answered with a sigh. "Did I ever tell you about the conversation Spike and I had the morning before he left?"

She shook her head. "No."

"I promised him that I'd look out for you." He said a bit louder. "I told him that I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you and I plan to keep that promise, Buffy. You're my best friend and I can't live without you. I also know that I am not going to let myself die here and since I can't live without you, you can't die without me."

Buffy laughed softly at his crazy logic. "I guess you're right."

"You know I'm right." He extended his good arm behind him and Buffy immediately grabbed his hand with her own. "I love you, Buffy."

"I love you, too."

The loud screeching of the saw cutting through the car filled the air again and Buffy and Xander both squeezed their eyes shut. It was much louder this time and they both knew that they were obviously cutting on their side of the vehicle. Suddenly there was bright lights everywhere as the mangled bits of car that had been on top of them were lifted away and a helicopters spotlight fixed itself directly on them. Their hands stayed intertwined the entire time the team helping them worked on getting them out, they would get through this together.

000000000000

"Thank you Memphis! We'll see you next time!"

Spike ran off of the stage and directly for his phone. She had been on his mind the entire time they had been playing and he just knew she must have called or texted him by now. When he picked up his phone, however, there was nothing waiting for him. He glanced over and saw Oz drinking from a water bottle and immediately made his way over to him.

"You hear back from Willow?" He asked.

"I don't know," Oz said taking another long sip of his water, "I left my phone on the bus. Has Buffy still not called you back?"

Spike shook his head. "No, she hasn't."

"Spike, Oz," Giles' voice called from the green room, "can I have a word?"

The two men looked at one another, each with a certain sense of dread filling their heads as they walked in to the green room. Giles and Anya sat on one couch and the boys each took a seat on the one opposite of them. They all looked at one another for a long moment, nobody knowing who was to start whatever conversation they were supposed to be having.

"Sorry," Spike said suddenly, "wasn't aware tonight was the staring competition championship. Had I known I would have worn my-"

"Not now, Spike." Giles said with an eerily serious tone in his voice. In that moment Spike knew something serious was going on. "We got a call from Willow earlier this evening. It seems that she and Buffy were involved in a pretty serious car accident."

Spike felt his heart fall to the pit of his stomach as the words sank in. He felt dizzy and nauseous all at once and didn't trust his own mouth to speak. He knew something wasn't right, he had felt it the entire night, but this was the last thing he had expected to hear.

"Are they okay?" Oz asked.

"Willow is fine, she has a minor concussion and a few cuts and bruises" Giles said, "but Buffy did sustain a few injuries."

"What kind of injuries?" Spike asked in an almost growl.

"We really aren't sure," Anya said, "all she could really tell us was that they were cutting her out of the car." Spike lowered his head to his hands as he listened to her. He could hardly believe the words that were coming out of her mouth. "The last we heard she was on her way to the hospital."

"How long?" Spike asked quietly.

Giles and Anya both glanced at one another, neither completely sure what he was asking. "I beg your pardon?"

"How long have you two known about the accident?" He clarified.

"We got the call just as you went on stage." Giles answered.

"And it took you this long to bloody tell me?" Spike yelled as he jumped up from the couch and threw his arms in the air. "If you two get a call saying that something has happened to my fucking girl, you tell the moment you hang up!"

"You had just started your show." Anya said.

"I don't give a damn about the sodding show!" He yelled as he flung the door to the green room open. "Come on, Oz."

"Right behind you." Oz was up in an instant and without a second thought followed behind his friend.

"Where are you going?" Giles yelled from the doorway.

"Where the fuck do you think?"


Chapter End Notes:
000000000000

I know, I'm so evil. I am not nearly as evil as Joss, however.

Reviews for more updates? :)