Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow, two updates in two days! I'm on a roll!

I got a ton of new readers and reviewers with that last one. Welcome aboard everyone! Thank you so much for your kind words and motivating reviews on the last chapter, I was so worried you all wouldn't like it. This one goes straight out to ACeH-aH, she knows why.

Random thought of the moment, I want a pillow pet.
Chapter 15.

Spike had been sitting on the plane for two hours and thirty seven minutes. In a little over an hour he and Oz would be landing in Los Angeles and about half an hour from that he would be at the hospital. Not knowing what was happening with Buffy was like torture for him, he was so worried he could hardly sit still. The entire plane ride he had been tapping his foot or shaking his leg, anything to distract him from the slowly passing time. He had tried to work on the new song that he had been writing, but it was to no avail. The only thing on his mind was her and until he saw her with his own eyes his mind would continue to imagine the worst.

"I tried calling Willow again but her phone is off." Oz said from the seat next to him.

"She's probably in the hospital with Buffy," Spike said, "you know how inseparable those two are."

"Do you know who's car they were in?" He asked.

Spike shrugged, that had been another question plaguing his mind. She hadn't told him that anyone else was going out with them that day, he had assumed that it was only Buffy and Willow, so who had been driving the car? He decided that the details really didn't matter, for the time being at least, and sat back in his chair to suffer on in silence through the last leg of the flight from hell.

000000000000

Willow had been charged with the difficult task of calling and informing everyone's loved ones of the accident. Clem was at the hospital in a matter of minutes and was instantly taken back to Xander's room. Giles had promised to pass the news along to Spike and Oz as soon as they were off stage and Buffy's parents were on their way. She had been released from her doctors care quickly after her arrival, but leaving wasn't even an option. She was incredibly worried about Buffy, the image of her covered in blood and stuck in the wrecked car would not wash from her mind as she sat in the waiting room of the hospital. She would sit here and make sure that both Buffy and Xander were okay no matter how long it took.

Riley, on the other hand, had been taken to the security office for questioning minutes after his release from medical care. He had fared almost as well as Willow had, a few cuts and bruises along with two sprained wrists from when he had tried to hold the wheel steady after the initial impact, but nothing particularly serious. The police had asked for a statement from Willow as well, but she hadn't seen much from her spot in the back seat.

She heard the hospital doors open and looked over to see Buffy's family enter the room. Joyce was practically running as Hank and a tired Dawn walked briskly behind her.

"Mrs. Summers?" Willow called cautiously. The woman's head turned quickly and a look of relief flashed across her face.

"Willow!" Joyce called as she ran across the waiting room. She pulled the younger girl in to her arms in a tight hug as Hank and Dawn caught up to them. "Are you okay, dear?"

"I'm fine," Willow said, "just a couple of cuts and bruises. I have a minor concussion and a little whiplash but they don't seem too worried about it."

"Well thank God for that." Hank said from behind his wife. "How's Buffy?"

"I'm not sure." Willow said. "They took her straight to x-ray when they got here"

"Have they told you anything?" Joyce asked.

Willow shook her head. "I'm not family so they wouldn't tell me much."

"God damn politics." Hank muttered under his breath.

"How bad was the accident?" Joyce asked.

"It was pretty bad," Willow said, "I'm pretty sure she had a broken arm but that's all I could tell."

"Are you sure she's not dead?" Dawn asked.

"Dawn!" Her parents scowled in unison.

000000000000

The moment the plane hit the ground Spike and Oz were up and standing at the exit. They ran through the terminals as if their lives were in danger and not even a passing swarm of crawling infants could have slowed their roll. They ran outside and hailed a cab before yelling their destination to the driver and telling him to step on it. They were at the hospital in record time and Spike sprinted in to the emergency room, leather boots screeching to a halt as he practically slid in to the front desk.

"Buffy Summers, where is she?" He barked.

"Spike!"

His head whipped around and she could see the urgency and panic on his face. When his eyes met hers, however, the icy facade melted away and he rushed over to her. In just a few long strides they had met half way across the room and he pulled her tightly in to his arms. He pulled back after a few seconds and looked her over quickly. "You're alright, yeah?"

"Yes, I'm fine." Willow said.

"Good, then you won't mind me ignoring your part in this and jumping straight to the chase. Where's Buffy?" He asked quickly.

"She's still getting tests done." Hank answered as he rose from his seat.

Spike's eyes widened momentarily and he instantly straightened himself up. In his hurry to get to her he had forgotten that he was still in his game face, complete with eyeliner, spiked hair, and every piercing he had adorning some type of metal. This was definitely not the way he needed his girlfriend's father to see him but what was there to do now? He ran a hand through his wild hair and changed his tone from panicked to one of respect for the man before him.

"Mr. Summers," he said as he extended his hand toward him, "good to see you again, sir."

His brows furrowed together but he shook Spike's hand nonetheless. "Not the best phrase to use in this situation, Spike, but given the stress we're all under I'm sure I can let it slide.

Spike gave him a slight nod as Joyce made her way toward him. Without any warning the woman threw her arms around him and pulled him in to a tight embrace. "She'd be so happy to have you here." She whispered in his ear.

Oz chose that moment to rush in to the E.R. in a similar fashion as Spike. "Oz!" Willow yelled.

He ran up to her and quickly picked her up in to his arms. Everyone looked away in slight discomfort as the usually awkwardly cute couple engaged in a kiss so passionate it almost put Spike and Buffy to shame. "I was so worried about you." Oz whispered against her lips.

"I'm okay, Oz, really." She said. "Just a couple scrapes and a hit to the head, I'll be fine."

Oz nodded as he kissed her nose. She smiled sweetly at him before leading him to sit down in one of the seats in the far corner of the waiting room. Everyone else seemed to follow in suit as they made a sort of semi-circle of worry. The television was on and the images on the screen were familiar but no one would so much as glance at it, they were all too busy talking amongst themselves and trying to distract one another from their obvious concern.

Spike sat across from Dawn with one leg thrown casually over the armrest. They were playing go fish with a set of cards that she had just happened to have in her giant bag of wonders she called a purse. "Do you have any fives?" He asked.

She shook her head. "Nope, go fish."

He took a card from the pile between them and tucked it in to its proper place within the hand he held. He was going to remind her that it was now her turn, but when he looked up from his hand he found her staring at him intently. "What?"

"You guys just jumped on a plane and flew over here?" Dawn asked.

Spike nodded. "Four hour plane ride from Memphis."

"And you guys can just do that whenever you want?" She asked.

"In theory." He answered shortly.

Dawn nodded her head slowly, her eyes never leaving his. "You got any two's?"

"Buffy Summers?" The doctor called from the door separating them from where the patients were. All six people sitting in the corner of the waiting room stood instantaneously and the doctor approached them quickly. "I'm Dr. Reynolds, I'm taking care of Buffy while she's here."

"How is she?" Hank asked.

"Buffy's going to be fine." He said reassuringly. "She has a broken arm and three broken ribs on her right side. Like Willow here she has a concussion and a nice case of whiplash, but it is nothing incredibly serious. There were no internal injuries and based on the scan we took her brain seems to be functioning normally."

"Oh, thank God." Joyce sighed.

"Is there anything we can do?" Spike asked. The doctor glanced over at him and Spike could tell he was a bit taken aback by his appearance. He raised an eyebrow and the doctor quickly looked back down at his notes.

"She's going to be in a lot of pain and I'm going to give her a prescription for Hydrocodone which should help with most of it. She'll need some help getting around for a few days due to her ribs and standard protocol states that anyone on prescription pain relievers shouldn't be left alone." The doctor explained.

"That shouldn't be a problem." Hank said. "Is there anything else that we should know?"

The doctor shook his head. "The only other concern we really have at this point is what color we should make the cast."

Without a moment of thought, the entire group answered in unison. "Purple."

000000000000

Buffy awoke what seemed like days later in what she instantly recognized as a hospital bed. She rolled her head to the side and let out a small hiss at the pain she felt as she did so. She let her eyes fall shut again, still feeling a little out of it. The pain killers they had given her when she had gotten inside the ambulance had knocked her out and even though she wasn't usually keen on the idea of being put to sleep, the numbness the sleep had given her was truly a blessing in disguise. Her arm felt heavy and she had a lot of pain every time she took a breath.

"Are you awake, honey?"

Her eyes shot back open at the sound of her mother's voice. She slowly tilted her head to the side and saw her standing next to her bed. "Mom?" She asked.

"It's me, Buffy," she whispered as she rested her hand on top of her daughter's, "I'm here. So is your dad and Dawn."

"Hi Buffy." Dawn said from behind her mother. Hank stood next to his youngest daughter as he watched the other one laying in the bed before him. She was covered in tiny cuts and her right arm was propped up on a couple of overstuffed pillows. Her eyelids were droopy and her hair was all over the place, but she was alive and that was all that really mattered.

"How's Xander?" Buffy asked.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking." His almost cheery voice said from her other side. She turned her head and saw him sitting up in the bed across the room from her. He gave her a small smile as he waved at her with his casted arm. "How you feeling, champ?"

Buffy smiled lazily. "Tired."

"Drugs will do that to you." He said with a curt nod.

Buffy rolled her head back over to look at her mom. "You guys came all the way down here for me?" She asked.

"We're not the ones who took a four hour plane ride." Joyce said with a smile as she looked over to the door.

Taking his cue, Spike walked in to the room carrying a large stuffed bear and multiple boxes of chocolate in his hands. Willow and Oz stood hand in hand beside him, smiling brightly at her from just beyond the doorway. Spike was still in game face but the sight of him carrying the oversized animal and sweet treats made the bad ass rock star look like something out of a sitcom.

Buffy was high as a kite but the smile that lit her features was as genuine as it had ever been as she took in the sight of him. "Spike?"

He smiled as he made his way further in to the room. He sat down on the edge of her bed and leaned over her, pushing a strand of blonde hair out of her face. "Hey there, gorgeous."

"What are you doing here?" She asked tiredly.

His smile widened as she spoke, he never thought he'd see Buffy on any type of drug and the tone her voice had taken on was bordering on comical. "Someone had to get you a giant bear." He said as he brought the enormous animal's head between their faces. She grabbed it from his hands and sat it down beside her, moving carefully so as not to disturb her injuries. Spike looked down at the chocolate in his hands, pausing momentarily to look over the labels before throwing one to the man on the other side of the room. "This one's for you, Harris."

Xander watched as the box of chocolate landed with a thud on his legs. "Thanks."

Spike nodded quickly before switching his gaze back to Buffy. "You alright, luv?" He asked.

"Remember how Bob was the other night when he called me a Buff-a-saurus?" She asked.

"I do." He answered.

"I'd say kind of like that." She answered.

He smiled as he placed a soft kiss on her forehead, she would be the one to make light of such a serious situation with stories of his borderline psychotic bandmate.

"How are my patients?" Dr. Reynolds asked from where he stood against the door frame.

"All good here, Dr. R." Xander called from his bed.

"I think Buffy's feeling pretty good, too." Dawn commented.

The doctor let out a soft laugh. "That's the pain killers we gave her, they should be out of her system in a couple of hours. However, we would like to keep her overnight for observation just as a precaution."

Joyce nodded. "Whatever you think is best."

Dr. Reynolds nodded. "I hate to do this to you all, but it's past visiting hours and both Buffy and Alexander-"

"Xander."

"Buffy and Xander," he corrected with a raised eyebrow in Xander's direction, "need their rest if they are to get any better."

Hank nodded. "The doctor's right."

"Are you guys leaving already?" Buffy asked drowsily.

"Dad rented us some little hotel down the road on the way here." Dawn said from her corner of the room. "I bet it has bed bugs."

"Dawn." Her mother scolded.

"What? It probably does."

Joyce shook her head as she moved back to her daughter's bedside. "Don't worry, dear, we'll be back in the morning."

"We will be, too." Willow said from the comfy chair she had Oz had been sharing.

"I'm staying." Xander said from his bed as he munched away on one of his new pieces of chocolate.

Buffy turned her gaze back to Spike who still sat at the edge of her bed, his hand gently cradling hers as he caressed the back of her hand with his thumb. Her eyes met his with the question the she was dying to ask but just couldn't find the words to say. He gave her a sad smile as he shook his head. "I'm not going anywhere, ducks. Do you want anything, need me to go out and get you something?"

She thought for a moment, squinting her eyes shut and taking a deep breath. "Do you think the vending machine has Chex Mix?"

Spike chuckled softly. "Probably."

"Would you mind getting me a bag?"

"Make that two!" Xander called from his bed.

Spike's eyes flashed over to Xander's form and a dash of annoyance lit his voice. "Anything else, pet?"

She shook her head. "No, that's it."

"What about you, Harris?" He said a bit louder.

"Nah, I'm good."

Spike's eyes moved back to Buffy as he placed one last gentle kiss on her forehead before making his way over to the doorway and facing her waiting parents. "I'll walk you out?"

Joyce nodded and Hank moved further in to the room, grabbing hold of his daughter's hand and giving it a light squeeze. "I'll see you in the morning, kiddo."

Buffy nodded and without another word the Summers family left the room escorted by none other than Spike himself.

000000000000

Spike walked Buffy's parents and younger sister to the door of the hospital before leaving them to go on their somber way to the hotel. Truth be told, the place they had rented wasn't so bad but Spike was glad that they were the one's leaving. He was a bit surprised when they had made no objection to him staying with their injured daughter, but he decided to merely count his blessings and make his way to the vending area.

He looked through all of the options the machine had and was taken aback slightly by just how many different types of Chex Mix it held inside. There was original, cheddar, sweet and salty, and chocolate. He had absolutely no idea which type Buffy would like and even less of a clue of what Xander would want. With a sigh he pulled out his wallet and grabbed the wad of bills he had inside, he would just have to get two of everything. He pushed all of the proper buttons and watched as the slow machine took its time in releasing the treats from its metallic grasp. When the eighth and final bad finally fell to the bottom of the machine, Spike knelt down and quickly collected his winnings.

"Spike?"

At the sound of his name he looked up involuntarily. Through the reflection in the glass of the machine he could see the form of none other that Riley Finn standing a few feet behind him. He felt the anger swell in his chest as he slowly rose to his feet. A report on the news earlier in the night had informed him that he had been the driver of the car and he was the absolute last person Spike wanted to see right now.

He turned slowly and for the first time that night was glad that he was still in his stage apparel. He was an intimidating son of a bitch on a normal day but his game face gave him a certain edge that tipped the scales a little closer to scary. "What are you doing here, mate?" He asked angrily.

The low tone of his voice and the control he held over his words did nothing to calm Riley's nerves, he would rather have had the man scream at him as opposed to this calm and threatening thing. "I wanted to make sure that Buffy and Xander were okay."

"They're fine." He answered. "I'll let them know you stopped by. Now be a good little soldier boy and sod off."

"I'm not going anywhere until I see them." He said in a tone that failed miserably at mimicking Spike's.

"Yeah?" Spike asked as he raised a scarred and pierced eyebrow. "And what makes you think that I'm gonna let you near my girl again?"

"I'm her friend, Spike."

Spike let out a bitter laugh. "Is that how you show your friendship where you come from?"

Riley's brow furrowed as he looked at Spike in utter confusion. "What?"

"You almost killed her you stupid git." He said. "You ran a red light and got yourself smashed by an SUV."

"Look, I'm sorry."

"No," he said pointing a finger at the man across from him, "saying your sorry doesn't change the fact that she is laying in a hospital bed, beat to all hell and on a whole slew of pain meds, because of you. Apologizing at this point is practically an insult. "

"It was an-"

"God help you if you say the word accident." Spike snapped. "I am not going to pretend that I have any say in who Buffy hangs around with or who her friends are, but I'll go straight to hell before I sit back and let someone get away with hurting her."

Riley cocked his head to the side. "What are you trying to say?"

Spike let out a cold chuckle. "You think you're so smart don't you?" He asked. "I know what you're up to. I saw the way you looked at her that night at the bar and at first I found the entire thing pretty funny, the enormous hall monitor pining away for the unavailable coworker, but tonight that changed. I see you around her, and you'll be wishing that crash had played out a little differently for you."

Spike turned back to the vending machine, he had come out here for a reason and he wasn't about to just forget about the eight bucks he had spent on munchies for his honey.

"What about when you're gone, Spikey?" Spike's eyes met their own reflection in the glass as Riley continued to dig his own grave. "You're barely here, mate, that's why you weren't with her looking at apartments today and I was. She's going to get sick of you not being around, I can promise you that. When she does I'll be there and you'll be eating those words."

Without warning Spike's fist shot out and slammed straight in to Riley's nose. Blood poured like a fountain and the man fell to his knees as he covered his face with his hands. "You go near her again and that nose will be the least of your worries."

Spike knelt down and pulled the eight packages of Chex Mix from the vending machine. "You... you broke my nose!"

Spike let out an annoyed sigh. "Yeah, well, we're in a hospital. I'm sure you can find someone to fix you up real well."

000000000000

It was going on two in the morning and Spike and Buffy were still clinging on to the last bits of consciousness they had left. He sat behind her on the bed, the back of it raised just enough to keep him sitting upright, and she laid with her back resting against his upper body. His legs were on either side of her and his arms were wrapped tightly around her waist. He heard her yawn quietly as her head tilted back to rest against his chest.

"You tired, luv?" He asked. "Do you want to go to sleep?"

She shook her head slightly. "No."

He placed a soft kiss on her shoulder before resting his head in the exact same spot. "Why's that?"

"I don't want to waste our time together." She said quietly.

"I'm not leaving until at least Sunday," he said, "we've got plenty of time."

"No we don't," she said sadly, "not like this."

Spike sighed as he gently tapped her good side with his hand. She sat up slowly and he removed his body from behind hers. She moved to the right side of the small bed so that she could rest on her good side as he used the remote control to lower the head of the bed. He slid back in next to her and she instantly took her favorite spot in his arms as she let her head rest on his chest. He kissed her forehead before moving his hand to the back of her hair and began stroking it softly.

"You heard what the doctor said," he whispered, "you need your rest."

"I'll rest when you leave." She replied defiantly.

He let out a soft chuckle. "You can't do that, pet, I refuse to be the reason you won't get better."

She sighed as she moved her casted arm to rest across his abdomen. "I just miss you when you're gone and don't want to waste the little bit of time we have together right now sleeping."

"You can't stay awake for three days, Buff, didn't you learn anything from the Sims?" He felt her body shake in quiet laughter and the feel of it made a wide smile appear on his face. He thought for a moment over what Riley had said in the hallway. He didn't want to leave her here again but the truth was that he had to and it wouldn't be the last time. His biggest fears erupted from the large cub scout's mouth and now more than ever he was seeing the type of toll his absence was taking on Buffy. "I've got an idea, lamb."

"What's that?" She asked tiredly.

"How about after the holidays when you've had a chance to heal up good and proper," he whispered as his arm tightened around her, "you come out on the road with me?"

Buffy's eyes shot open as her mind processed the words. Was he really asking her to come with him? She slowly moved herself back in to a sitting position and looked down at him. "Are you serious?"

Spike moved his arms at a leisurely pace to sit behind his head as his characteristic smirk made its devious way across his lips. "Course I'm serious."

"I'll have to talk it over with Clem," she said, "make sure I can get the time off."

"I'm sure Clem won't have a problem with it." He said with a voice still near a whisper. "So what do you say, luv? Come on the road with me for a bit before school starts up again?"

Buffy smiled wider than she even knew she could, her head nodding as quickly as her hurt neck would allow. How could she even possibly have said no?

000000000000

The moment the clock struck ten the next morning Buffy and Xander's room was filled by all of their friends and family. Clem had surprised everyone by coming back and Buffy's parents seemed happy to meet the man that had given her the first real job she had ever actually had. Everyone was getting along great and the nurse had even managed to sneak a few extra breakfast trays in to the room while the rest of the group snacked on the six leftover bags of Chex Mix.

"Has anyone heard from Riley?" Buffy asked suddenly.

Spike visibly stiffened as the question was asked but Xander's answer quickly brought him some relief. "I got a text from him this morning. He said he's got a killer headache from his broken nose and just wants to sleep all day. He said hi to everyone and he hopes you get better, Buff."

Buffy nodded and seemed to take his excuse for not being there as genuine as she went back to talking animatedly with her mom, sister, and Willow. Everyone watched in curious suspense as the nurse came in to check both her and Xander's vitals and see the progress they were making. It was obvious that Buffy was feeling a little better this morning just by the way she was speaking and the nurse was fairly certain that Dr. Reynolds would release her as soon as he had finished his rounds.

In an attempt to keep both temporarily handicapped individuals together, and therefore easier to take care of, they would be setting up camp in Spike's apartment. Spike instantly saw the trap for what it was and insisted that Willow and Oz also stay at his place to help him look after their friends. On Sunday when the guys were due to leave Willow would continue her role as nurse until Buffy felt she could handle going up and down stairs again at which point they would all go back to their own dwellings and carry on with their normal lives. The Summers family had decided that everything seemed well taken care of in L.A. and had agreed that once Buffy was released from the hospital they would be heading home.

It took no time at all for Dr. Reynolds to make it to their room and after a small examination of his own he signed the release papers and distributed the proper after care forms to the willing and able Willow Rosenberg to keep a hold of. Being the well organized and quick thinking girl that she was, Willow had already packed bags for herself, Buffy, and even Xander the night before and the trio was all set for a fun filled stay at Spike's place.

"So we've got Planet Terror, an awesome film by Robert Rodriguez about a zombie apocalypse and a girl with a machine gun for a leg."

"No."

Pineapple Express."

"No."

"Death Proof about Stunt Man Mike who uses his death proof car to kill girls."

"No!"

"In hindsight that was a poor choice." Oz said as he continued down the list of movies he had grabbed from his apartment the night before. "How about The Mist?"

"What is The Mist?" Buffy asked.

"It's kind of exactly how it sounds," Oz said, "a mist rolls in to some tiny town and there's monsters in it. It's a lot better than it sounds and it's got that guy from The Punisher in it."

"John Travolta?" Xander asked.

"No, Thomas Jane." Oz said as he tapped the box with his index finger. "I'm making an executive decision, we're watching The Mist."

Everyone sat on the fold out mattress of Spike's couch like sardines in a can. Xander sat on one side with his injured arm sitting propped up on the arm of the couch. Willow was next to him and Oz was on her other side. In an attempt to keep her from getting more damaged than she already was Buffy and Spike elected to get comfy on the love seat across the room. Spike sat upright and Buffy laid with her back to him and her feet propped up on the couch. He had stuck a couple of pillows on his lap for her arm to prop up on while his own was draped around her shoulders.

The movie started and after a few pauses for popcorn, drinks, and bathroom breaks everyone settled down enough to pay attention to it. It was a good movie, Spike had seen it before, but all of his thoughts were still on the girl resting against him. She had actually agreed to go on tour with him and the thought alone made his heart swell, but the entire Riley situation still didn't sit well with him. He didn't understand why she wouldn't have told him that he and Xander were tagging along.

The movie was just about half way through when Buffy began to wiggle under his light hold. He lifted his arm slightly and watched as she moved to lay her head in his lap against the pillows that had been meant for her arm. She didn't look incredibly comfortable, but Spike knew she wouldn't complain.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked quietly.

Buffy turned and looked up at him from her spot in his lap. "Sure."

He took a minute to look her over, even with the tiny cuts littering her face and arms she was still the most beautiful creature he had ever laid eyes on. "Why didn't you tell me Xander and Riley were going out with you two?"

Buffy sat up slowly, she knew this question was coming but she still wasn't entirely sure how to handle it. "I didn't want you to get upset."

"What made you think I would get upset?" He asked.

"I don't know," she answered honestly, "I didn't want you to feel like you weren't there for me when I needed you."

"So you decided to lie to me?"

"I didn't lie," she said, "I just omitted part of the truth."

"Still a lie in my book, luv." He explained. "I don't care who you hang out with, Buffy, but when you go and do it behind my back it grinds my gears in a bad way. You don't hide something unless there's a reason to do it."

"What reason would that be?" She asked. "Do you honestly think that I have feelings for Riley or something?"

"Well, I would certainly hope not!" Spike said defensively. "Me and Captain Cardboard have absolutely nothing in common and if you're going after the both of us then I'd say we've got one terribly confused Goldilocks on our hands."

Buffy sighed. "I'm not going after Riley, Spike. He is just a friend from work and that's all there will ever be between the two of us."

"What about when I have to leave again?" He asked. "I won't be around but him and that colossal head of his will be."

"Spike," she said as she shook her head in disbelief, "I would never be interested in Riley. I'm more likely to date Clem than I am Riley."

"Now that would be something to see."

"Shut up." She said quickly. "You know how long it took for you to even get a chance with me and I did an awful lot of thinking before I decided I wanted to get involved with you. I had strong feelings for you then and they've practically doubled since you've been gone. I don't really know how, but they have, and the fact that you're worrying so much about this shows that I'm not doing a very good job of showing you that."

He shook his head as he let out a defeated sigh. "Don't say that, Buff."

"No, it's true." She said. "If you honestly think that I would leave you over a couple of months apart here and there then you must have hit your head harder than I did yesterday. We've got our flaws, Spike, but so does every other relationship. You're here when it counts and that's all I care about."

Spike gazed in to her eyes and he knew what she was saying was the truth. The green orbs swirled with a mixture of desperation and sadness that pulled at the strings to his heart like a fish caught on the line. He pulled her face to his quickly and crashed his lips to hers in a passionate kiss as everyone else in the room trained their eyes solely on the movie.

Fuck Captain Cardboard and all the words he'd spewed from the hole in his face he called a mouth. The girl was his and he would do whatever it took to keep it that way.

000000000000

Reviews?