Author's Chapter Notes:
It's so easy to tell when I have a few days off of work.

I'm posting now, so you can all stop telling Santa to forget about me.

Also, for anyone wondering Timmy is actually based on my brother. Actually, I don't think 'based' is the correct word. My brother Timmy is the Timmy in this story, but if he ever dated someone like Claire I would kick her little ass. I told him I put him in my fic and his response was, "Well, I am pretty bad ass and I am typically stoned at Christmas." He then grabbed a bottle of water and then looks back at me all concerned. "...Do people like me?"

One more thing, it's very strange when you're trying to write a sex scene and Third Eye Blind's song "Deep Inside of You" comes on your Ipod.
Chapter 18.

Buffy was in his arms in an instant. The flowers fell to the floor in a forgotten pile as he lifted her off of the ground and spun her around on the front porch. He closed his eyes as he let his head rest in the crook between her neck and shoulder and tightened his grip on her in the smallest way. "Christ, I missed you so much." He whispered in to her neck as his lips found her neck in a gentle kiss.

Buffy couldn't help the single tear that escaped her own closed eye as she held him as tightly as she could. "I missed you, too. I can't believe you're really here."

Sensing the multiple pairs of prying eyes focusing in on them from just inside the house he lowered her to the ground and kept an arm wrapped around her waist until he was sure that she had found her balance in the heels she was wearing. The moment she became steady, however, he pulled her closer to him and rested his forehead against her's as his hands found her perfectly outlined waist.

"Sorry I didn't call." He whispered.

"I don't even care," she responded, "I am just so happy you're here."

"Buffy," her father called from the doorway, "he's been on four different flights today."

"Five." He corrected quietly so only she would hear.

"Invite him in, he's got to be exhausted." Hank finished.

Buffy smiled as she pulled away and took hold of his hand in her own. She led him inside the house and over to her waiting relatives. "Spike, this is my grandmother and grandfather." She said as the old couple walked up to them in a state of happy curiosity.

Spike didn't hesitate for a moment before extending his hand to them. "Nice to meet you both."

Buffy's grandfather shook his hand as her grandmother smiled from ear to ear. "We've heard so much about you, dear."

"Good things, I hope." Spike said in total charm mode.

"Nothing but." Her grandmother said. "You were right, Joyce, he is handsome."

Spike chuckled softly as the older couple moved to the side and made room for the next bunch. "This is my Uncle Mike."

"Four flights," Uncle Mike said as he shook his head and extended his hand to Spike, "that's got to be a jetlag from hell."

"Worth it." Spike answered without skipping a beat.

"And I'm sure you remember Aunt Karen and Claire." Buffy said as an almost afterthought.

"Where's my niblet?" He asked as he glanced around the room.

"I'm over here." Dawn called from the other side of the room. Spike turned and was surprised to see her standing against the door frame between the kitchen and living room with a deck of cards in her hand and an eyebrow raised just like her sister. "Ready for me to kick your butt at cards again?"

"Excuse me?" He asked as he tilted his head forward and put his hands on his hips. "I believe I beat you last time."

"Wrong," Dawn said quickly, "you won one out of two."

"Best of three?"

Dawn nodded.

000000000000

After half an hour of the single most intense game of Go Fish ever played ended in Spike quite obviously throwing the game everyone was free to go about their night much the way they had been before the latest arrival. Joyce, Dawn, Grandmother Summers, Karen, Claire, and poor little Timmy were all still huddled by the fireplace continuing their conversations from earlier. Hank, Mike, and his father were still glued to the television and Spike and Buffy had gone off in to a corner of the room by themselves. Spike sat comfortably in the black leather comfy chair as Buffy took her perch on the thick armrest. His arm was wrapped snugly around her waist and her legs were thrown casually across his lap. Her arm rested gently on one of his shoulders while her fingers played absentmindedly with the soft blonde curls at the base of his neck.

"You're family's nice." Spike said quietly.

Buffy nodded. "Yeah, we've got a few more people showing up tomorrow. My Aunt Sarah and Uncle Dave have a five year old son, Ethan, and he just loves Christmas."

"All five year olds love Christmas, Buff," Spike said, "just look at Bob."

Buffy laughed. "What does Bob have to do with anything?"

"Five year old in a twenty five year old body, trust me."

Buffy laughed as she leaned over and gave him a quick peck on the cheek as Spike laced his long fingers between the ones on her casted hand. "I still can't believe you're here."

"I can't believe Dawn didn't ruin the surprise." He countered. "I was sure she was going to explode the second you got home."

Buffy laughed softly. "I almost got it out of her earlier tonight when she seemed to know a little too much about why you were all missing in action."

"Sorry about that," he said as his thumb gently caressed the side of her forefinger, "I was sure that if I talked to you I'd spoil it. Our show for tonight got canceled last week and I just saw the perfect opportunity to see my girl."

"How did you pull it off?" Buffy asked.

"You mean with your folks?" She nodded. "We exchanged numbers at the hospital just in case something happened after they left that first night and I just called them. They had no problems with it, actually your mom was overjoyed that I'd be here."

Buffy smiled. "They really like you."

He shrugged. "I'm a likeable guy."

000000000000

"You didn't tell me your cousin was dating Spike Pratt!" Timmy said as he and Claire sat in the kitchen eating leftover food from earlier in the night.

"He wasn't supposed to be here, I didn't think it was important." Claire said as she stuffed a block of cheese in to her mouth.

"You know Flesh of the Passions is my favorite band." Timmy said.

"Yeah, well, Spike's not that great."

"Are you kidding me?" Timmy asked. "He's like a guitar god! I can't play half the riffs he comes up with, he's amazing."

"Buffy's a bitch."

"She seems nice to me." Timmy said with a shrug.

"God, you don't even know her, Timmy!" Claire practically yelled. "Just shut up."

Timmy watched as his girlfriend walked angrily out of the kitchen and back in to the living room to join her family. He wasn't sure why there was so much hostility between her and Buffy, maybe she was jealous or something, but he was kind of used to it at this point. With a roll of his eyes and a shake of his head he followed behind her. This was going to be a long, long trip.

000000000000

"Didn't really pay much attention to your room the last time I was in here, luv." Spike said as he glanced around curiously. "I like it."

Buffy laughed, she hadn't changed it much since she had graduated from high school and planned to keep it that way. Coming home and sleeping in it always felt like a trip down memory lane and, despite a few new pictures of her with Xander and Willow, it would remain the same after this visit, too.

"Not sure how I feel about that poster there, though." Spike said as he pointed at the large painting of Johnny Depp.

"Oh, that was all Dawn's doing." She said with a subtle roll of her eyes. "We went and saw Pirates of the Caribbean a few years ago and she fell head over heels in love with him and just assumed that I had, too. She got me that for my birthday and there was no way it was coming to school with me so here it stays."

Spike laughed. "Sure, likely story."

"What?" Buffy asked. "I'm telling the truth."

"Uh, huh." He said as he practically jumped on to her bed. He had changed in to a pair of black and dark blue flannel pajama pants and lost the shirt a good ten minutes ago, sprawling himself out on her bed when he looked like that should have been illegal. "Gonna leave me to sit here by myself or are you gonna join me?"

Buffy laughed. "I've got to change first."

Spike quickly rolled to the side and stared at her with excitement in his eyes. "Can I watch?"

"No!" She exclaimed.

Spike's brows furrowed. "Why not?"

"That is so awkward." She explained.

"Sexy as hell, it is." He said as he gave her a quick once over. "You're a beautiful woman, Buffy."

"Yeah, well, I don't feel very beautiful with my clothes off right now, alright?" She said as she made her way toward her bedroom door. The moment her hand made contact with the handle, however, his hand was on top of hers effectively stopping her exit.

"Why on Earth would you say that?" He asked in her ear. It was now that she realized just how close behind her he was. She could feel the warmth of his body through her clothing and his breath was coming in steady, warm streams against the back of her neck.

Buffy shrugged. "I don't know, I just don't see myself the way that you do, I guess."

She felt Spike's hand lightly touch the ribs of her good side before it slid its way steadily down to rest on her hip. When he was sure that she wasn't going to make a mad dash out of the room he released her hand from his and quickly moved it to rest in the same spot on the opposite side of her body. "Let me show you what I see, kitten," he whispered against the back of her neck, "let me show you how beautiful you are."

It would be pointless to try and resist him, the fluttering in her stomach make that completely obvious to her, so she didn't put up a single ounce of a fight when he led her from the door and over to the other side of the room to stand in front of her large vanity mirror. "Do you trust me?" He asked.

Buffy nodded.

His hands moved slowly from her hips and glided up to where the high waisted pencil skirt met her shirt. He moved his hands gently around her abdomen, making sure to be very careful where he knew she would have bruising from her accident. Within moments the deep red shirt was released from the confines it had previously found itself in and Spike made quick work of undoing the buttons. As he dropped the garment to the floor and revealed the black lace bra underneath Buffy turned her head to the side in an attempt to avert her own gaze.

"Look." He whispered as his hands nimbly undid the button and zipper at the back of the skirt. Buffy turned back to the mirror just in time to see it drop to the floor, leaving her in nothing but her matching bra and panty set. "Tell me one thing that you don't like. What makes you think that you're not the single most breathtaking creature on this entire bloody planet?"

Buffy's eyes moved instinctually to the large bruise marring her otherwise flawless flesh. It was about the size of a football and reached from just above her hip bone almost to her underarm. The colors ranged from dark brown in some spots to a deep blue in others. "That bruise first of all."

"This?" Spike asked as his hands moved to trace the outline of the offending feature. "Buffy, this thing is temporary. It will be gone in a few weeks and then it won't matter anymore."

"It matters now." She said defensively.

Spike sighed. "Buffy, this bruise, this thing, it shows how strong of a person you are. You were in a terrible accident and managed to walk away with nothing but a few minor bumps and bruises. You have the courage and willpower that most people can only dream of and I admire you for it each and every day."

Buffy shook her head as she turned away from the mirror to face him. "I'm not that special."

"Buffy," Spike said in barely a whisper, "when are you going to realize that you are?"

With no warning whatsoever he grabbed her just below her buttocks and lifted her off of the ground. She instinctually wrapped her legs around his waist as he walked them with meaningful steps over to the closest wall. Pinned against his body and the wall she had no choice but to enjoy it as his lips made their way down her neck, stopping momentarily to suck and nibble on the sensitive spot that he knew drove her crazy.

"Spike," she gasped as he continued his assault on her neck, "we can't do this."

He lifted his head and blue eyes instantly met green, boring a hole in them with the fiery passion she saw there. "Why not?"

"My grandparents are next door, my parents are right down the hall. Dawn's across the way with Claire and her boyfriend and Aunt Karen and Uncle Mike are on air mattresses in the living room. Someone will definitely here us." She explained quickly.

Spike's tongue touched the tip of his two front teeth as his lips curled in to the sexiest smirk Buffy had ever seen. "I can be quiet if you can."

He pulled her away from the wall and dropped her down on the edge of her bed before settling on his knees beside it. He practically ripped the tiny piece of fabric off of her lower body and Buffy gripped her comforter in anticipation of what she knew was coming next. When his tongue slowly slid against her, however, she could hardly muffle the moans of pleasure that were begging to be emitted from her body.

With a knowing smile on his face Spike gripped behind her knees and pulled her closer to him. He had fun torturing his girl with his ministrations and would fluctuate his speed and how much pressure he applied at random. Slowly and steadily he inserted a single finger in to her sex and went to work pumping it in and out of her trembling body until she found her first release of the night with a stifled groan. He smiled up at her as she aftershocks of her orgasm slowly drifted away and was more than a little surprised when she moved toward him with one swift movement and quickly knocked him on to his back in the middle of her floor.

She kissed a trail from the waist of his pajama pants up to his abdomen and chest until she finally met his ear. "Take your pants off." She whispered as she took his earlobe between her teeth and bit at it playfully.

Spike didn't need to be told twice and less than a second later the article of clothing that was keeping him from having her was thrown clear across the room. She moved down his body again but a hand under her chin stopped her in her tracks. She looked up to see him shake his head as his lust filled eyes stared down at her. "I need you now." He said in a breathy whisper.

Without a moments hesitation Buffy straddled him between her legs and slowly pushed down on his member, letting it fill her to the breaking point. His hands found her waist as he guided her movements up and down as he buried himself as deep inside of her as he could. Buffy was beautiful any time his eyes happened to come across her form but when she was in the throes of ecstasy with her head thrown back and hair cascading down her shoulders and lightly grazing the tops of her breasts she was truly a work of art.

Spike felt the familiar build up in his loins and knew that he was getting close. Determined to make sure that she reached at least one more finish his hand moved between them to fondle her clit with skilled fingers bringing her to the breaking point almost instantly. He followed close behind and let his seed fill her as he met his release. She rolled off of him and hit the floor with a solid thud.

"Shit." She whispered as her head instantly turned toward the door to her room. "Do you think anyone heard that?"

Spike shrugged as he threw an arm around his girl and pulled her back over to him. "We'll just blame it on Claire."

000000000000

Buffy awoke the next morning with Spike's arm slung haphazardly over her waist. She turned and looked at his sleeping face, he looked so sweet and innocent when he was unconscious. She moved her hand to gently run across his exposed cheek, not the least bit surprised when the lightest sleeper in the world grabbed her hand in his and brought it to his lips for a quick kiss.

"Morning." He muttered, eyes still closed and voice sounding just as groggy as she had remembered it.

"Good morning." She said with an unnoticed smile. "How did you sleep?"

"Better than I have all month." He answered. "How about you, luv?"

"Great," she said honestly, "someone must have really tired me out."

Spike's lips pursed as a cocky grin appeared on his face. "Fucking right."

Buffy laughed as he placed another kiss on the back of the hand still entwined with his laying between them. "It's Christmas Eve." Buffy whispered.

Spike nodded. "That it is."

"Doesn't a good girl like me get to open one present a day early?" She asked.

"Depends," Spike said as his hand moved to cup the mound between her legs, "do I get one of mine?" Buffy hit him playfully on the chest as he let out a soft chuckle and removed his hand. "I know, I know, family is crawling all over this sodding place."

"I'm sorry." She said sincerely.

Spike shook his head as he finally cracked his eyes open. "It's fine, luv. Sex is great but that's not all I want you for."

"Well, I'd hope not," she said, "because we'd have quite the problem when you go touring without me."

"Won't have to worry about that for a while now, will we?" He asked. "Told your folks yet?"

Buffy shook her head. "No, but I will."

"Buffy!" Joyce's voice called from down the stairs.

"Yeah?" She called back.

"You and Spike come on down here, Sarah will be here any minute!"

Buffy looked at Spike apologetically. "I'm sorry we can't stay in my bed all day but you have one more part of my family to meet."

000000000000

"Sarah!" Joyce said as she pulled the front door open. The two women were hugging within moments in a way that only two sisters could. Sarah was what made Joyce decide that she needed to have two children, she had no idea what she would have done without her sister her entire life and the two were thick as thieves.

Sarah was a normal looking woman with honey blonde hair that was always pin straight to contrast with Joyce's permed look. Her face was identical to Joyce's and the two were often mistaken for twins even though she was a few years older. Sarah lived in Boston with her husband and son and rarely made it out to Sunnydale to visit with her sister and her family, but the two talked on the phone every day.

"I've missed you so much!" Sarah said as she rocked Joyce back and forth in her arms. "We didn't miss anything good did we?"

"Well, Buffy's boyfriend showed up last night and Claire was not happy at all about that." Joyce explained.

"She's a little bitch," Sarah said seriously, "I don't know why you let her and Karen stay here all the time when you know how much drama they cause."

"They're family." Joyce said with a shrug.

"So where are they?" Sarah asked.

"Who now?"

"Buffy and her boyfriend, are they still here?" Sarah asked.

"We're right here." Buffy said as she and Spike descended the stairs as quickly as they could. When she reached the bottom she wasn't surprised when her aunt grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her to her for a fierce hug.

"Look at you," Sarah said, "all grown up and everything!"

Buffy laughed. "I know, crazy isn't it?"

"Buffy!" A loud, high pitched voice called as the five year old that could be none other than Ethan ran in to the house and grabbed Buffy around the knees.

"Hey, Ethan!" Buffy said happily as she pat the child on the head. When he released her legs Buffy took no time in leaning down and taking the small boy in to her arms. "Have you been a good boy this year?"

Ethan nodded. "Uh, huh. I asked Santa for a Playstation 3!"

Buffy laughed. "Awesome! I hope you get it!" Neither Buffy nor Spike missed Sarah's dramatic nod behind her son's back and Spike couldn't help but laugh. Buffy's eyes shot over to his as she walked towards him with Ethan still in her arms. "There's someone I want you to meet, okay, E?"

"Okay." He said as his eyes rested on the tall blonde man still standing on the stairs.

"Hi there." He said with a smile. "My names Spike, what's yours?"

"Ethan." He answered as he slowly looked Spike up and down. "Your hair's funny."

Everyone in the room laughed as Spike nodded. "Yeah, I suppose it is."

"Do you like Power Rangers?" Ethan asked.

Spike chuckled. "Love them."

"I have these really cool pajamas Mommy and Daddy gave me for Christmas Eve, wanna see?" He asked excitedly.

"E, honey," Sarah said, "why don't you wait until tonight to show him?"

Ethan nodded. "Okay."

Spike laughed as he turned his gaze over to Sarah. "He's quite the charmer."

Sarah nodded. "That he is, I'm Sarah." She said as she extended her hand towards him.

"Spike." He said while shaking her hand.

"Well, Spike, be a babe and go help my husband bring our bags inside." Sarah said with a smile.

Spike nodded and immediately made his way through the front door knowing that the eyes of the three women were following him the entire time. He already liked this Sarah woman and he could tell why she was Buffy's favorite relative. Hank's side of the family was very cut and dry, almost stuck up, but Sarah seemed like a real person and that somewhat of a rarity nowadays.

"He is a looker, Buffy." Sarah said as she watched him walk away. "You go girl."

000000000000

"What do you want, like peanut butter and jelly or something?" Buffy asked as she gathered the supplies to make a snack for her and Spike.

"Creamy or crunchy?" Spike asked seriously.

Buffy looked at the container. "Creamy."

"Fuck that."

"I can just add some peanuts to it." She offered.

"Sold."

Buffy laughed. "Would you like the crust cut off as well?"

"Crust is vile."

Buffy shook her head as she tore the pack of peanuts open. "You're as bad as Ethan and he's only five."

"Better get used to it," Spike said as he flicked a stray peanut across the counter, "if you're gonna go on tour with us you're gonna see a lot of strange and picky eating patterns."

"What do you mean go on tour?" Hank asked as he entered the kitchen with Joyce following close behind.

Buffy glanced nervously over at Spike who stared over at her with wide eyes, it was now or never and this was not the way that she wanted to break the news. "Well, Dad, um..."

"Spit it out, Buffy."

"After the holidays I'm going to pack up some things and go around the country with Spike's band until school starts back up in February." Buffy explained.

Hank nodded as he and his wife made their way over to the kitchen table. Both took a seat before Hank glanced back over at Buffy. "Sit."

Without question both Buffy and Spike walked over to join them at the table. They sat on the side opposite from Hank and Joyce and everyone just sat there looking back and forth at one another for a moment waiting for someone to begin the conversation.

"What about your job?" Hank asked. "Don't you usually go back to LA and work at that bar on the weekends when school's out?"

"Usually," Buffy said, "but I've talked to Clem and he said that he would hire a temp to replace me until I get back."

"What if this temp does a good job and he decides not to take you back?" Joyce asked.

"Clem wouldn't do that." Spike spoke up. "I've known him since I we were kids and he wouldn't go back on his word like that. If the temp does well then he'd add her on as a permanent waitress but she wouldn't replace Buffy."

"What are you going to do about money?" Hank asked. "You'd come back with absolutely nothing saved up for school. Didn't you break up with Angel because he wanted to blow off school and travel?"

"This is different."

"It doesn't seem too different to me." Hank said crossing his arms over his chest. "Listen, Buffy, I understand that you're young and holding a job doesn't seem very important to you. Hell, I'd love to up and leave and travel all over the country but you have responsibilities."

"I know," Buffy said, "and I also know that I can take care of them and still do this."

Hank shook his head. "I don't know about this, no job means no money and it's incredibly important that you keep saving up. Leaving your job for a month just isn't a smart move."

"Buffy would have a job, sir." Spike said. Every pair of eyes around the table turned to look at him and all were asking for an explanation, especially Buffy's. "She'll be working the band's merch table at our shows, what Anya would pay her plus tips would actually be more than what she makes at The Shadow Gallery."

A smile appeared on Buffy's face as she took in what he was saying. Ever since she had overheard the conversation he had been having with Anya the day after the accident she had wanted to figure out some way to earn her keep while she was traveling with them, she was no moocher and this merch table thing seemed like just the thing she was looking for.

Hank looked over at Joyce in a way that made it obvious that he wanted her input on the entire situation. "Well, as long as she has a job and can save up some money for next semester I don't see a problem with it." Joyce said as she took another sip of her coffee. "Honestly, dear, I saw this coming a million miles away. I don't know why you seem so surprised about it."

Buffy and Spike both looked at Hank expectantly as he seemingly mused something over in his mind. "Dad," Buffy said quietly, "ever since I turned eighteen you've been telling me that I'm an adult, that I need to be responsible and learn to take care of myself and make my own decisions."

"Right." Hank agreed.

"Well then let me make this one, let me show you that I can make my own choices and live with them. Honestly, I'm going regardless of what you say, but having your blessing on it would make it a lot easier on everyone." Buffy explained. "Please, Daddy?"

Hank glanced back and forth between the two of them a few times before finally fixing his eyes on Spike's. "If anything happens to her," he said as he pointed a finger at his face, "it's your ass."

Spike let out a relieved laugh as Buffy moved to the other side of the table to grab both of her parents in a tight hug.

000000000000

"I look like a whale." Dawn whined as she looked at herself in Buffy's vanity mirror.

"Dawn, you do not." Buffy said as she continued to get herself ready for the big family Christmas Eve dinner. Another tradition was to go to the most expensive restaurant in town, a completely formal affair, and eat almost everything on the small menu. It had been fun when Buffy was younger, but now that she had to pay for an equal share of it like everyone else it was bordering on the irritating.

"Why did I pick this dress? All it does is show off my blubber." Dawn said as she grabbed at some miniscule amount of fat that wasn't really there.

"We are the same size, if you're fat then I'm fat." Buffy said as she put the finishing touches on her makeup.

"You're so not fat, but I am. Dawn the blubber back. Watch out, wide load here." Dawn continued to insult herself as she stomped around Buffy's room making ridiculous crashing noises.

"Dawn!" Buffy yelled as she shot up from her vanity, moved over to the closet, and swung the doors open. "Jesus Christ! Pick another dress, anything you want!"

Dawn smiled happily as she ran over to the closet and began to shift through all of Buffy's dresses. She found one almost immediately and quickly moved to change out of her other one. When Buffy turned around to see what her spaz of a sibling had picked out she was astonished to see that it was the exact same dress that she had just looked 'so fat' in. Poor Dawn, Buffy thought, she had no idea that they had identical dresses.

Buffy pulled her own dress on and called Dawn over to zip it up for her. It was a simple, classy black satin sleeveless number that showed off the necklace Spike had given her perfectly, not to mention it made her boobs look phenomenal. She had decided to pair it with a pair of dark blue heels to give the look a little spark and her makeup reflected the color perfectly. She had pulled her hair away from her face with a clip decorated with small faux diamonds while letting the rest of it cascade down her back in gentle waves.

Oh yeah, she thought, Spike was going to love this.

000000000000


Chapter End Notes:
I hope everyone enjoys this, I won't have another chance to write until Tuesday but I needed to beat my record of two consecutive update days or I'd be upset.

Reviews?