Maryland has the weirdest weather lately. First we get that shutter that they called an earthquake, a few days later we've got a hurricane on our hands, and today came with a series of torrential downpours that flooded my road and stopped me from going to class. This is good news for you guys because it means another chapter but I'm over here like, "Damn nature! You scary!"

Also, drunk Buffy is so much fun to write.

That is all.

000000000000000000000000000

Chapter 24.

Spike walked down the street glancing around for anywhere that Buffy and Darla could have ended up. So far he had been inside three restaurants, multiple clothing stores, a cupcake shop, and even the nearest McDonalds and had come out empty handed every time. He pulled the phone from his jacket pocket and dialed her number again the same way that he had been doing every twenty minutes since he started his search. When it went to her voicemail again he hung up and decided to try a different route.

"Hello?" Oz's voice said through the speaker.

"Have you seen Buffy or Darla?" He asked instantly.

"No," Oz answered with a tone of confusion, "why? Is everything okay?"

Spike let out a disappointed sigh. "I don't know, just let me know if you hear from them."

"Sure thing." Oz said automatically.

"Thanks, mate."

As Spike hung up the phone he felt the feeling of complete helplessness take over him. This city was huge and Buffy wasn't exactly the greatest at reading a map. She was with Darla, or at least had been the last time that anyone had seen her, but that did little to calm his nerves. He took a deep breath, releasing it slowly as he ran a hand through his hair and looked around at his surroundings.

He had no idea what to do.

His phone rang loudly from his pocket and with almost superhuman speed he pulled it from it's dwelling and held it to his ear. "Buff?"

"No," a male voice said from the opposite end, "Oz. I went on Glory Wire's facebook and some dude is posting pictures of him with Darla and Buffy. He says they're at some club called Central."

Without letting his friend finish the sentence Spike hung up the phone and quickly hailed a cab. It took only minutes to catch one at this time of night and the moment the cab stopped Spike was at the door. "Where to?" The driver asked."

"Take me to Central."

Without question the cabby turned on his blinker and they were off. For once in his life Spike thanked God for social networking.

000000000000000000000

"So I told her, I said 'yeah, I did it.' All of a sudden, BAM!" Darla said as she clapped her hands together for emphasis as she explained in full detail the fight that had ended her last band to the guys sitting next to her. "She came running at me like a bat out of hell, screeching like a banshee. She apparently had no idea that my guitar was next to me so you can imagine her surprise when I swatted her away with it like a tennis ball."

"Oooh!" The three guys said in unison.

"Yeah," Darla said with a proud smile as she took a sip of her drink, "so obviously the band was done after that. Moral of the story here, boys, is never so bad things to people who have nude pictures of you. They will end up all over the internet."

The boys had randomly came and sat next to them quite some time ago and recognized Darla instantly. The insisted that they be allowed to buy her a drink and when she explained to them who Buffy was the two had secured their source of free drinks for the rest of the night.

"I'm so glad we didn't win those concert tickets." The first guy, a brunette with shaggy hair and a green shirt, said happily.

"Why's that?" Darla asked as she leaned flirtatiously against the bar.

"We would have just been watching at the show," the guys sitting next to her with blonde hair and a lip ring said, "this is so much better!"

"Fuck yeah!" The third guy, a slightly heavier guy that Buffy was certain had been referred to as Chubs, yelled as he downed the rest of his current beer. "And not only you, Darla, but Spike Pratt's girlfriend!"

"She has a name, fat ass." Darla said with a laugh that made it sound like she and Chubs were old friends.

Buffy laughed as she put a woozy hand on Darla's shoulder. "It's fine, Dar, I get that who I'm dating is my claim to fame."

"No!" Darla yelled. "No, no, no! You are more than just that prick's girlfriend, it's cool, I can call him that, but you're Buffy! Buffy is wonderful, and pretty, and brilliant! Brilliant Buffy!"

"BRILLIANT BUFFY!" The three guys yelled as they held up their glasses to her in a drunken salute.

Darla finished her drink in one quick gulp before slamming her glass back down on the table and turning her attention back to the larger of the three gentlemen. "Now I insist, Chubs, that you buy Brilliant Buffy a drink as an apology for your... indiscretion."

"She's had enough."

All five intoxicated heads turned to see who the new voice to the conversation was and all were very surprised to see Spike standing there, hands folded over his chest, looking like a force to be reckoned with. To any person in their right mind it was obvious that he was pissed, but due to the beer goggles that Buffy was currently wearing she had no idea.

"Spike!" She said happily as she attempted to get herself off of the bar stool. She held on to the top of it for support as her heels found their footing on the ground below her. When she thought she was safe she straightened herself up, released the stool, and turned to face him. "How was your sh-"

Buffy's question remained unasked as she took a step forward and immediately lost her balance. Her ankle rolled and her knees began to buckle as she started her rapid descent to the floor. Spike's hands shout out instantly and found her upper arms. He helped her back to a standing position before pulling her to him and throwing a supportive arm around her waist.

"Oops." She said through an uncontrollable fit of laughter.

Spike quickly looked her over and had no problem telling that she was as close to wasted as he had ever seen her. Her cheeks were pink and her eyes were glassy. Her body was much warmer than usual and he could smell the alcohol on her breath with every word she spoke.

Spike sighed as he pushed a stray section of hair out of her face. "Come on, luv, let's get you out of here."

"Why?" Buffy asked with a pout. "I don't want to leave. You have to meet my friends green shirt, blonde, and Chubs."

Spike ignored her as he turned back to the four drunkards still sitting at the bar. "Hand me her jacket."

"Here you go!" Darla sang as she tossed it over her shoulder.

Spike caught it with ease and quickly helped Buffy tuck herself in to it before turning back to Darla. "You gonna be alright or should I call you a cab?"

"I'll be fine." Darla answered as she threw we arm around blonde. "I'm sure these lovely gentlemen will happily hail me a cab when I'm ready to go home."

Spike nodded, he knew Darla could take care of herself. "Right."

"Bye Brilliant Buffy!" Darla yelled as she waved at her from her seat.

"BRILLIANT BUFFY!"

Buffy smiled and waved goodbye as Spike began to lead her away. It was obvious that if he let her try and walk on her own that she would definitely fall so he made sure to keep his arm wrapped snugly around her waist at all times. He felt her shiver slightly as they walked out of the front doors of the club and began walking down the sidewalk. He thought briefly about calling a cab, they were about three streets away from the venue and it was rather cold out, but he didn't want to risk some driver wanting to make a few bucks running off to the local gossip mag and spilling all the drunk Buffy dirty details.

"I thought you had a show tonight." Buffy slurred from his side.

"Gig ended over two hours ago." Spike answered shortly.

"What about the meet and greet?" Buffy asked. "Won't Cecily be upset that you skipped out on it? Why did I wear these shoes?"

Without any warning whatsoever Buffy pulled herself from his hold and sat herself on the sidewalk. She pulled her knees to her chest and began pressing her fingers against the toes that she could feel inside. Spike's hands found his hips as he briefly turned his gaze to the sky above him. He shook his head and let out a sigh before looking back down at her.

"Time to get up, luv." He said as calmly as he could.

"Why?" She asked as she continued to mess with her shoes.

"Because you're sitting on the sidewalk." He said as he closed his eyes and tried to push down the annoyance in his voice.

"So?"

He clenched his fist as she continued to damage his calm. "It's for walking, not playing with your feet."

"But they hurt," she said as she laid back on the ground, "I don't want to walk."

"Oh, bloody hell."

He quickly reached down and pulled her to her feet like the whining child she was behaving like. He threw her arm around his neck as he bent slightly to throw one arm behind her knees and another behind her back. He picked her up with ease and began to carry her bridal style down the sidewalk. He rolled his eyes when he heard her quiet "whee" and continued to walk back to the venue with long strides. Within about ten minutes they were back at the venue and only then did Buffy notice that something was a bit off.

"Aren't we going back to the hotel?" She asked as she noticed that he was taking them bee-line toward the bus.

"No." He answered shortly.

"Why not?" Buffy asked. "I don't want to sleep on the bus."

"Neither do I, pet." He said honestly.

"Well let's go back to the hotel." She said as he set her back down on the floor to unlock the bus door.

"You're too drunk to go to the hotel." Spike said as he swung the door open. When Spike didn't hear her protest he looked over his shoulder and saw her staring fixedly toward the front wheel of the bus. "Buff, you alright?"

"I think I'm gonna-" her sentence was cut off when she sunk to the floor on her hands and knees and promptly began to vomit.

Spike took no time in getting behind her and pulling her hair away from her face. As another round of puke made its way from her mouth he began to rub slow circles on the small of her back. A third and final round of heaving seemed to be the end of it and Spike instantly offered her the bandanna that had been stylishly hanging from his back pocket. She wiped the left over stomach acid from her mouth before folding it in half, twice, and dabbing gently at her eyes with it.

"You alright, luv?" Spike asked.

She nodded and slowly began to rise to her feet. Spike let one hand find her elbow and was full prepared to grab her should she still need the support. Surprisingly the releasing of poison all over the parking lot had seemed to sober her up quite a bit and she managed to make her way over to the door to the bus and up the steps without any help from him. The first place she went was the small bathroom toward the back of the hotel on wheels and from the sounds she was making Spike could tell that she was brushing her teeth. He quickly found her a pair of sweat pants and one of his old t-shirts that he had given her and made his way over to the door. He knocked gently and was surprised by how quickly she managed to open the folding bathroom door. He handed her the clothes and she gave him a quick, sad smile before closing the door and continuing to go about her business.

Spike moved over to the bunk and made quick work of pulling the covers back and stealing the good pillow back from Bob's bunk for her. By the time he had turned the bed down she was back and took no time climbing in. Spike took his turn in the bathroom and by the time he was finished Buffy was sound asleep. He grabbed the spare blanket and pillow from the small closet beside the bunks and made his way in to the living room. He threw the pillow on to the couch and proceeded to send a quick 'found her' text to Oz before laying down on the couch and making himself comfortable.

For the first night since the tour had started Spike chose to sleep alone.

000000000000

Buffy awoke the next morning hardly remembering the night before. As she sat up and the headache she should have expected hit her like a Mack truck, everything slowly but surely began to come back to her. She remembered going to the club with Darla, meeting the guys, and even when Spike had showed up. She rested her head in her hands as she slowly began to realize exactly how much of an ass she had probably made of herself on the walk home. She rarely ever got drunk and had definitely never gotten that out of control.

She looked at the vacant spot on the bunk beside her with a mixture of understanding and sadness swirling in her stomach. She couldn't really blame him, she had been a wasted mess. Who in their right mind would want to share a tiny bunk with someone who had drank their body weight in alcohol? The longer she sat there the sicker the smell of booze that lingered on her skin and in her hair was making her and she quickly made the decision to hop in the shower.

She grabbed a couple of towels and made her way to the bus bathroom. The shower was a small, oddly shaped thing that took up half of the small room and Buffy absolutely hated it. One of the worst things in the world was trying to shave your legs in a shower that anyone would have an issue even fitting in but it was something she would just have to deal with. She quickly washed her hair and took care of her other necessary business before turning the water off and toweling herself dry. She threw her hair in to a ponytail, put on a pair of jeans and a black tank top, and quietly made her way out to the main area of the bus.

She saw the back of his head first. He was still lounging out on the couch, wearing nothing but a pair of black jeans, and watching some random cartoon on the television. Normally he would have turned around and acknowledged her presence, said good morning and given her a quick kiss, but he usually would have shared a bed with her, too. Using her better judgment she stopped in the kitchen and proceeded to find herself some sort of breakfast food. After about a minute of looking through the cabinet they shared together she decided on a bowl of Captain Crunch and went about grabbing a bowl and the box of cereal. When she turned to get the milk she ran in to something that she thought wouldn't be there, and that something was Spike.

"We need to talk." He said quietly, the seriousness of the situation more than obvious in his voice.

"Can't we just skip it?" Buffy asked as she stepped around him, eyes downcast, and walked over to the fridge to get her milk.

"No, Buff, we can't." He answered.

Buffy could feel the vibrations the floor carried from his footsteps and she knew that he wasn't just going to let this go. She put the milk back in to the fridge and turned to face him. "Alright," she said as she crossed her arms over her chest in a protective motion, "let's talk."

"What the fuck were you thinking Buffy?" Spike asked in the same serious tone.

Buffy shrugged. "I don't know."

"Oh, bollocks." Spike said angrily. "I know you, Buff, and I know that you don't get like that. You don't walk out on your job without telling anyone where your going to get piss drunk at some club. I was worried sick about you, no one had any sodding clue where you two birds were."

"You should have called me."

"Should have called you?" Spike asked as he quickly made his way back to the bunk. Buffy barely had time to wonder what he was doing before he was back and holding her phone. He held it out to her and Buffy quickly took it and effortlessly entered her security pin. The screen was lit up with the words 'Seven Missed Calls' and the tiny corner LED light was flashing bright red.

"So that's the problem?" Buffy asked as she felt her anger rise. "You're mad because I left?"

"Fucking right, I am!" Spike yelled. "You know how we found you two? Fucking facebook! Those three gits you were with spent their entire night uploading pictures of all of you on to the internet. Oh, and they were great ones, too. Saw a couple of you with your arms around a couple of them."

"Oh, like you have room to talk!" Buffy yelled back.

"Yeah, I do."

"What about Cecily?" Buffy shot out quickly.

The sound of her name coming from Buffy's lips shocked him enough to momentarily cease his anger. "Cecily has nothing to do with this."

"Actually, she has pretty much everything to do with this." Buffy answered. "It was weird, Darla asked me if I had met this girl and I had no idea what she was talking about. When she told me that she was the chick from the label you guys had been hanging around with all day I was a little surprised. I actually wondered for a second why you didn't tell me about her, but when I found out she was your ex it kind of made sense."

"Darla told you?" Spike asked, his voice taking on a dangerous edge.

"Well, someone had to." Buffy said as she put her hands on her hips. "Did you have fun, Spike? Did you like hanging out with an old flame?"

"Oh, pot meet kettle!" Spike yelled. "In case you've forgotten, darling, I have a lawsuit pending because of your sodding ex!"

"Yeah, well at least I don't hang out with him behind your back." Buffy turned her back to him, attempting to leave the conversation as it lie, but Spike had other plans.

"Jealous, are you?"

Buffy looked over her shoulder and when she saw the character smirk plastered firmly on his face she couldn't stop herself from turning back around to face him as she felt her anger rise. "You are such a fucking prick."

Spike let out a bitter chuckle. "Yeah, well, about time you figure that out."

"I never should have come on this god damned tour with you." She spat.

"Funny, I was just thinking the same thing."

Buffy felt a pang at her heart as his words sank in. She felt the tears form in her eyes but absolutely refused to let them fall. "Well you won't have to worry about me anymore," she said quietly, "after the show tomorrow I'm leaving. You'll never have to deal with me again."

Buffy quickly stormed past him and through the living room. She yanked the necklace from around her neck and quickly pulled the ring from her finger. She grabbed her leather jacket, shoved the jewelry in to one of the pockets, and violently threw it in Spike's direction.

"Keep the fucking jacket."

Spike watched as Buffy pushed through the bus doors and made her way in to the cold morning air with nothing but a tank top on. In a sudden burst of violent rage he grabbed the bowl she had gotten for her cereal and threw it across the room with all of his might. It exploded in to a million tiny glass pieces that quickly fell to the ground as Spike grabbed his smokes and moved toward the back exit of the bus.

000000000000

Darla stumbled out of the large bed in her suite and moved toward the door. The consistent banging had been rattling the thing for a good minute now so Darla's original plan of ignoring it until it went away was completely blown out of the water. She glanced over to the fold out couch against the opposite wall, green shirt was still sleeping soundly and showed no sign of stirring. She shook her head as another round of knocking came from the door and began to walk toward it slowly.

"I'm coming!" Darla called as she threw a robe over her bright red bra and underwear set. She opened the door and a look of complete surprise took over her face. "Buffy?"

"I'm sorry," she said in a near whisper, "I didn't know where else to go."

Darla looked down and quickly noticed one of Buffy's suitcases sitting next to her feet on the floor. As she looked back up to her friend's face she saw the tear stains running down her cheeks and noticed that she didn't even have a real shirt on. Darla opened the door a bit wider and stood off to the side. "Come in."

Buffy grabbed the handle of her suitcase and quickly made her way in to the room. She glanced over at the fold out before looking back at Darla with a raised eyebrow and a question on her lips. "Um, Darla..."

"What?" Darla asked as she reentered the room. Her eyes darted to where Buffy had been looking and gave a somewhat startled jump. "Oh, no, God no." She said as she walked over to green shirt. "Hey!" She said loudly as she began to shake his shoulder. "It's time for you to go now."

Green shirt opened his eyes and looked drowsily around with unfocused eyes. He briefly glanced up at both of them before rolling himself off of the pull out and shuffling his way out of the room. As the sound of the lock clicking behind him hit her ears Buffy turned back towards Darla. "What was that about?"

"Green shirt?" Darla asked unnecessarily. "It was nothing. We went halves on the cab ride home. He thought he was going to get some, but he didn't. Now what's up with the tears and the baggage?"

Buffy took a deep breath, releasing it slowly as she raised a hand to her temple in an attempt to chase away her headache. "I'm leaving."

Darla's eyes narrowed as he head tilted to the side. "What do you mean leaving?"

"I mean I'm going home."

"What?" Darla asked in shock. "Why? I thought you were having fun."

"Well apparently I'm not wanted here."

"Buffy," Darla said as she took a step toward her and pulled her to sit down on the fold out, "what are you talking about?"

Buffy told Darla what had happened in perfect detail. She told her that they had gotten in to a fight, what Spike had said, and what she had decided. By the time she was finished with the story the newly formed tears had fled from her eyes and were freely falling down her face. Darla threw her arms around the now crying girl sitting on the couch next to her and began to gently rock her back and forth.

"You know he didn't mean it." Darla said reassuringly.

"You weren't there," Buffy said through her tears, "you didn't see his face when he said it."

"He was upset," Darla said, "people say a lot of stupid things when they're upset. Spike's a stupid person by nature so when he gets going his idiot levels go through the roof."

Buffy pulled away from the supportive embrace and quickly dabbed at her eyes with her wrist. "I called the airport and managed to get myself a ticket, my flight leaves tomorrow morning." Darla didn't say anything as she put a hand on Buffy's knee. "Would you mind if I stayed with you tonight? I don't really want to stay by myself on that bus again."

"Of course." Darla answered automatically. "Are you sure you want to leave, though?"

Buffy nodded. "I already got all of my stuff out of the room, there's just a few things that I need to get off of the bus. I'm not going to stay where I'm not wanted."

"Well, I want you." Darla said. "Not like in a sexual way, unless you've suddenly been flipped, but tour isn't going to be nearly as fun without you."

Buffy sighed as she pulled Darla back to her for another hug, this was going to be a lot harder than she thought.

"I'm sorry."

000000000000

Spike flung the back door to the bus open and quickly jumped off of the raised platform. His cigarette was at his lips before he hit the ground and he quickly lit up and pulled a large breath of the toxins in to his mouth and lungs before releasing it slowly.

"I'm the prick?" He muttered to himself as he took another puff. "She runs off in the middle of the night and I'm the prick? Stupid bitch, gonna get herself killed, she is."

He paced back and forth for a few minutes as he angrily smoked his cigarette and let the conversation play over in his head. He hadn't been looking for a fight but of course he had found one in the fiery chick with the forest green eyes. He had given her a verbal lashing, that was true, but she had done the exact same to him.

"She wants to leave?" He threw his finished cigarette to the ground and automatically lit up another. "Let her sodding leave. Let her prove all those gits right, see if I care."

As he continued to pace back and forth outside of the bus he felt the anger leaving his body as a rush of sadness took its place. A sudden pang of guilt beat in his heart as he remembered her face as he had basically kicked her off of the tour. He could tell he had hurt her with what he said, if he was honest with himself he would admit that the only reason he'd said it to begin with was to get a rise out of her, but she had hurt him, too. She had ran off with Darla, drank enough to tranquilize and elephant, and then had the audacity to start a fight with him.

A sudden flash of anger found him punching the brick wall next to him with all of his might. He hardly felt it when his knuckles popped but quickly pulled his hand back to look over the damage. The skin on all four of his knuckles had torn open and bright red blood was already dripping down his hand. He hissed as the pain finally registered and silently cursed toward the sky before jumping back in to the bus and looking for a first aid kit.

Both he and Buffy had been completely oblivious to the pair of watching eyes from the tour bus next to them. They may not have noticed her there but Glory had seen and heard everything that had happened that morning. She had heard them come in the night before and had picked up on bits and pieces of the argument this morning. She had seen Buffy storm off of the bus and had front row seats the show Spike had just put on.

She wasn't exactly sure why but, quite frankly, it had broken her heart.

0000000000

Hours had passed since Buffy had found her way to Darla's room and the girls had spent the entire time together. Darla couldn't help but feel a little guilty about the entire situation, if she had never said anything about Cecily they never would have ended up at the bar and there never would have been a fight between her two friends. When she had mentioned this Buffy made quick work of telling her that it wasn't her fault and that no matter what the two of them would remain friends.

Buffy had taken another shower to wash away the tears but it had done nothing to mend the hole she felt was in her heart. The last thing that she wanted to do was go to the show that night but she knew that it was unavoidable. She didn't want to just walk away from Amy and Chris without saying goodbye and she still had to collect the rest of her things from the bus. She put on what Xander had once called her 'tips face' and quickly got ready for the show.

Buffy and Darla had decided to take a cab back to the venue and they could tell from the looks that the bouncers at the doors were giving them that they could tell something was amiss. When Buffy walked in to the venue wearing a simple outfit comprised of a pair of black straight legged jeans with a dark purple top and a pair of boots she seemed fine, but the moment she saw Chris and Amy working on their table the mask she had created quickly fell from her face.

"Hey guys." She said as she reached them. The butterflies were fluttering uncontrollably in her stomach as she waited for them to respond.

"Hey, you." Amy said with a smile.

"Seems like someone had a pretty fun time last night." Chris said with a raised eyebrow and a laugh in his voice. Buffy gave them a half attempt at a smile and watched as both of their faces fell. "You alright?"

"Yeah, you're not looking so hot." Amy said.

Buffy sighed. "Listen guys, I don't really know how to say this so I'm just going to come out with it. I'm leaving."

Chris' eyebrows rose and Amy's jaw dropped. "Define leaving."

"Leaving as in going home." Buffy clarified.

"Why?" Amy asked.

"If it's because of what happened last night trust me when I tell you that it was no big deal." Chris said quickly.

"Yeah, Chris went on a bender two years ago and nobody knew where he was for like three days in Vegas. It happens, we get over it, life goes on." Amy said.

"It's not about that." Buffy said shortly.

"Well what happened?" Amy asked.

"Things just aren't working out here." Buffy said with a slight crack in her voice as she felt the tears well up in her eyes again.

Amy and Chris didn't ask any more questions, they both kind of figured out what was going on all on their own and the last thing that they wanted to do was upset her more. With an excuse about needing to get the rest of her stuff packed up and a few final hugs goodbye, Buffy left the table and made her way backstage. It took her only moments to find Darla and the two quickly made their way out of the venue and headed toward the Passions bus. They packed up the rest of Buffy's things at a leisurely pace before heading over to the Glory Wire bus.

"Jesus Christ, your shit weighs a ton." Darla complained as she lugged one of Buffy's bags up the steps.

"I'm vein, what can I say?" Buffy asked as she followed behind her in the same fashion. Darla led her over to one of the bunks and, with much difficulty, managed to lift the bag she had been carrying on to the bed before reaching over and helping Buffy with hers.

"Those can stay there until the cab comes to get us." Darla said. "We'll pay the guy a few extra bucks and get him to load them in to the car."

Buffy nodded but didn't say a word as she pretended to look around the bus. It was very much like the one Passions road around in but there were definitely some differences. Their kitchen was slightly bigger and Buffy could see what she would refer to as a master bedroom all the way in the back that she naturally assumed was for Glory. "Nice place."

"It's alright." Darla said with a shrug before looking back at Buffy. "Are you okay?"

"I hate that question," Buffy said as her voice came at a few octaves higher and a single tear broke free from the confines of her eye, "it always makes you cry."

Darla's face fell as she watched the girl lower her face in to her hands and begin to cry for what had to be the tenth time that day. Buffy was trying her best to be strong, Darla gave her that, but she knew that the poor girl's heart was breaking on the inside and it was proving to be almost as painful for her. "Come on, sweetie," Darla said as she wrapped her arms around her and gently caressed the back of her head, "it's going to be okay."

"I know," Buffy said in to her shoulder, "it just hurts. I stopped my entire life to come on this tour and it ended exactly the way everyone said it would."

"You know what," Darla said as she put a hand on either one of Buffy's cheeks and raised her face to meet her eyes, "fuck him. There's free drinks in the green room. I say we give you a proper send off and let him watch you have fun on your last night here."

000000000000

Spike walked in through the back door of the venue dressed fully in black, hair stuck up in a perfect mess, and dark sunglasses hiding his eyes. He hardly registered the camera flashes as he walked through the door and, honestly, he couldn't have cared less at the moment. As he walked through the backstage area he felt as if all eyes were on him and made a point of purposefully ignoring anyone who tried to approach him. He was caught off of his guard, however, when he opened the door to the green room and saw both her and Darla sitting there.

She had a glass of champagne in her hand but it was obvious that she wasn't drinking it. She looked absolutely stunning as she sat across the room from him on the fluffy black couch and he felt his heart speed up as she noticed his presence. He watched as she turned her head toward him, a ghost of a smile on her face until her eyes found his. He frowned slightly as she quickly turned away and sat her glass down on the table next to her and rose to her feet.

"I think I'm gonna-"

"Buffy-" he started.

"No." She said as she took a few steps toward him and made a conscious effort of casting her eyes anywhere but on him. He watched as she carefully sidestepped him and quickly made her way to the door. "It's your green room. I'm leaving."

"Buff, wait!" The sound of the door clicking shut was his only response. He stared at it for a minute and silently prayed that it would open and that she would walk back through it again but knew it was to no avail. After a few moments of pointless waiting he turned his focus back to Darla who sat glaring at him from her seat on the couch. "What?"

"You're a fucking idiot."

"I'm a what?" He asked as she put his hands on his hips and leaned forward just slightly.

"You, William Pratt, are a fucking idiot." Darla said slowly.

Spike scoffed as he turned towards the door. "I don't need to take this from you."

Darla shot with lightening speed across the room and promptly put her body between him and his way out. "Now you listen to me, Spike, you hurt that girl more than anything I have ever seen and you need to make it right."

"Oh, shut your gob Darla." Spike said angrily. "None of this would have happened if you hadn't gotten involved."

"Did you really expect me to sit back and twiddle my thumbs?" Darla asked. "You know I have no filter."

"That's becoming more and more obvious by the bloody second."

"She's my friend, Spike." Darla said. "Girls talk, you know that, if you didn't want me to tell her then you should have before I even had the chance. You hurt that girl a lot, Spike. You know what she's been doing all day?"

"Talking to you, obviously."

"She's been crying." Darla spat bitterly. "All day I've been there with her while she packs her stuff, buys plane tickets, tries to figure out what the fuck she's going to do when she gets back to California all the while trying to keep her self from falling to the floor and sobbing over you."

"She bought plane tickets?"

"She bought plane tickets?" Darla mimicked. "Yes she fucking bought them! I would too if I were her! You need to talk to her and-"

"She doesn't want to talk to me!" Spike yelled.

"Well then make her listen!" Darla yelled back.

"What do you expect me to do?" Spike asked as he turned his back to her and walked further in to the room. "Grab her by the hair, throw her over my sodding shoulder and claim her as my own?"

"It would be a lot better than the not caring that you're doing now."

As if someone had flipped a light switch Spike spun around, pulled his sunglasses off, and quickly advanced on Darla. "Does it really look like I don't sodding care?"

Darla gulped as she took in the disheveled appearance of his face. His cheeks were pink and slightly puffy and as she looked she noticed that his nose was, too. His eyes were ridiculously bloodshot and came complete with thick pink rims around his lids. Darla said nothing as he stared at her with labored breath.

"I want to talk to her, I really do," he said softly, "but she's made it abundantly clear that it's too late and she has nothing left to say to me. I fucked up, I know I did, but you'd better think twice before telling me that I don't care, Darla, because you're dead wrong." He quickly put his sunglasses back on before turning and walking through the green room door. "You're on in five."

0000000000

Going straight in to the next chapter now.

Please, please, please review!