Author's Chapter Notes:
Fluffy Spuffy time? Fluffy Spuffy time. I've put these two through a lot and I think we can all agree that they deserve a little bit of happy time together. This is for everyone who reads, reviews, or favorites, especially my little zombie reader and my wonderful "internet friend". You two know who you are. :)

Also, just a funny little tidbit, I used a band name generator to come up with the opening band name for Flesh of the Passions, one of the suggestions was "Glory Boner". I about died.

The song in this chapter is Leave the Lights On by Supernova. It's a pretty good song and again, I fully recommend playing it on youtube or Itunes when it is written in to the chapter. Hopefully it'll make you feel the same way I did when I wrote it.
Chapter 6.

Buffy rushed from her classroom in a near sprint as she made her way back toward her dorm. Class had run late that day and she was due to be at work in less than an hour. She stormed through he door and made quick work of changing from her jeans and hoodie in to a tight purple halter top tunic and black leggings. She pulled one of her boots on as she hopped around on the other foot, looking at the clock and wishing it would slow down just this once. She pulled on her other boot as she walked toward her door, a true feat for any girl clad in leather heels. She ran toward the bus stop and got there just in time to see the large white and blue vehicle drive away, leaving her behind.

"Shit!" She said in a harsh whisper, not quite sure of what to do now. She didn't have money for a cab and Xander would already be at work by now. She pulled out her phone and dialed the only other person she could even think of calling.

"Well, hello there, pet." he answered.

"Hey," she said as she ran a hand through her hair, "um, are you busy?"

"Not at all," he said, "what's up?"

"I actually kind of need a favor." She answered.

"Go on."

"Well, my class ran late and I missed the bus and I'm kind of due at work in about forty minutes and the next bus won't be here for another hour." She explained. "Would you mind giving me a ride?"

Spike laughed. "You missed the bus? What is this, middle school?"

"You would pick up on the most unimportant part of the story." Buffy commented, ignoring his ridiculous question.

He laughed again. "Of course I can come and get you, was actually heading there for practice myself."

It was Buffy's turn to laugh. "Of course you were."

"Where are you? At your dorm?"

"The bus stop, it's right by the front gate. You can't miss it." She said.

"Be there in ten." He said.

"Thank you." With that she hung up the phone and took a seat on the bench behind her.

It had been a week since the phone call from home, and everything since then had been fantastic. Buffy and Spike were getting along great and even though he still hadn't managed to take her out on an actual date, he knew it was only a matter of time before his dream girl was his. They had been seeing quite a bit of one another, mainly at The Shadow Gallery while either she was working or he was practicing with his band, but they had tagged along with Willow and Oz on a random lunch or two. All in all, things were going great.

She thought back to the night that she and Spike had fallen asleep together watching that movie and couldn't help the smile from forming on her face. Oz had woken him up like a mother would a small child and after he got over the initial embarrassment of it all, she could tell he had loved the time they had spent together that night, and she knew that she had, too. It seemed as if things were finally falling in to place with the two of them.

She heard the loud, deep buzzing of a motor coming toward her and when she realized what was going on, her breath caught in her throat. The shiny black and silver metal of the motorcycle coming her way shone in sun like a beacon of light. Spike wasn't wearing a helmet, no surprise there, and his dark sunglasses were back in place on his godlike face. When she had asked for a ride, this was the last thing she had expected.

"Come on, luv," Spike said from atop the shiny black motorcycle, "can't have you late for work now can we?"

Buffy raised an eyebrow, a look of shock on her face. "You want me to get on that?"

"Well, yeah," Spike said with a smirk, "problem?"

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest. "I've never been on one before."

Spike's smirk turned in to a genuine smile as her words reached his ears. He killed the engine and put down the kickstand before walking over to her, extending his hand for her to take. "Come on, then, I'll show you how."

Buffy glanced back and forth between him and the bike, he could tell she was nervous and it was incredibly cute. "I don't know." She said.

"What are you gonna do, walk to work?" He asked.

"No," she said, "I just don't want to-"

"I've been driving this thing since I was nineteen, never had an accident." He said, taking off his sunglasses so to meet her eyes. "I wouldn't let you do it if I thought you'd get hurt, Buff."

She gazed in to his eyes for a long moment, letting his words sink in and seeing if she trusted them. Slowly, she began to nod her head. "Okay." She put her hand in his and let him lead her over to the bike.

"I'm gonna get back on so I can keep the bike steady for you," he said as he walked toward the rear of the bike. "Just make sure that when you get on, you put your feet here," he pointed to a metal peg sticking from the side of the bike, "and here." He pointed to the other one.

Buffy nodded and Spike mounted the bike again, kicking back the kickstand and holding the bike up with his legs. Buffy climbed on carefully and put her feet where she was instructed. "There."

"Now I need you to wrap your arms around me like this," he said as he gently moved her slender arms around his waist, interlocking her hands together when they met, "okay?"

Buffy nodded, hoping he didn't see the shy smile on her face. "Okay."

He grinned cockily, starting the bike up again. "Hold on tight."

000000000000

Riding on a motorcycle was one of the things Buffy had never thought she would do, but she had to admit, it was incredibly liberating. The wind rushed through her hair as the vibration of the bike rattled her small body, leaving her with an all over tingly feeling. Being able to hold on to Spike, feeling the way his muscles moved under his shirt, really put the icing on the cake. He pulled in to the parking lot at the back of the bar and killed the engine before turning his body around and taking Buffy's hand as she climbed off of the back, helping her keep her balance the entire time.

"Thanks." She said, running her hands over her head in an attempt to tame her now unruly hair.

Spike couldn't help but look her over, all windblown and clothing moved just slightly out of place by the friction that had formed between them during their ride. She truly was a sight no matter how disheveled she was, he had to keep his mind from wandering to the things he could do to make her look like that. She was beautiful, from her head to toes, and for every inch he got with her, he longed for a mile.

Sensing his gaze, Buffy looked over at him, the ghost of a smile he had on his face as he appraised her making her blush in just the slightest way. "What?" She asked.

He tilted his head to the side, smile becoming just a bit more noticeable now. "Just thinking about how much I'd love to take you out, spoil you beyond your wildest dreams."

Buffy smiled, shyly tucking some hair behind her ear before crossing her arms over her chest. "We go out all the time." She said.

"Yeah, with Oz and Willow." He said, voice soft as he stepped off of the bike and stood before her. He lifted his hand and moved a stray piece of hair back to its rightful place on the other side of her part. "When are you gonna let me take you out on a real date, just the two of us? Go out to a nice dinner, maybe catch a show or something, take you out for a night on the town the way you deserve?" He let his hand gently slide down the side of her head, ghosting along her hair before grazing her cheek. He hooked his hand under her chin and lifted it slightly, moving her eyes to meet his. "I've wanted to for a long time."

"I know," she said quietly, basking in the gaze of adoration he was showering her in, "I want that, too."

"Then let's do it," he said, "you and me, tomorrow night."

"There's this bonfire," she started, "it's tomorrow night at the beach about twenty minutes from campus. They do it at the end of every semester and Willow really wants to go. She's already got Oz locked in, I was actually going to invite you tonight when I saw you."

Spike sighed. "You two really want to go?"

Buffy nodded. "Yeah, it's kind of a tradition."

"Then we'll go," he said, "but on one condition." Buffy looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to name his terms. "You keep that Harmony girl far, far away from me."

Buffy's laugh was out of her mouth before she had even realized it. "Are you afraid of her or something?"

"Damn right, I am!" He yelled, obviously joking at this point. "Who wouldn't be afraid of Boob job McGee complete with bleached hair and horse teeth?"

Buffy laughed as she turned to walk toward the back door of the bar. "You have room to talk, Captain Peroxide."

"Hey, hey, hey," he said rushing to catch up with her, "my hair is taken care of and done right by professionals. Her's is definitely a boxed kit."

"Oh, are we the expert on hair care now?" Buffy asked, thoroughly enjoying their bit of playful banter.

"As a matter of fact, yeah, got a plaque and everything. Come by my suite sometime and I'll show it to you." He said as he opened the door for her and stepped to the side, holding it for her the way a true gentleman would. She smiled at him as she passed and could practically feel his eyes on her as she walked in front of him.

000000000000

Spike strummed his guitar absentmindedly, playing a chord from the song he had been working on in his suite the night before. He hummed along with it, smiling as a set of lyrics popped in to his head. He pulled the pen out from behind his ear, it's temporary home during every practice, and wrote it down in his notebook to make sure he wouldn't forget it later.

Anya and Giles were sitting at one of the tables on the floor, looking over paperwork and completely absorbed in their work. Oz and Bob were over by the drum set, talking about something that probably had nothing to do with anything but getting increasingly more engrossed in their conversation. Buffy was behind the bar with Xander, helping him get ready for the night ahead and talking to him quietly.

"How's that new song coming?" Oz asked, strolling over with his bass in hand.

"Good." Spike answered, playing a couple of chords on his guitar before looking back at his friend. "Think you can come up with a bass line to go with that?"

"Play it again." Oz said. Spike began to play again as Oz listened intently, it only took him a few seconds before he started playing his bass in a way that complimented Spike's guitar perfectly. "How's that?"

Spike nodded. The unmistakable sound of glass crashing to the floor and breaking rang out through the bar. Everyone glanced over at bar and saw Buffy standing behind Xander, hands held up in a surrendering motion. "Sorry," she called over to them, "dropped a glass."

Everyone went back to what they had been doing, everyone except for Spike who couldn't seem to take his eyes off of her. He wasn't surprised when she glanced over at him, her nervous habit of tucking her hair behind her ear rearing its adorable little head when she caught him staring. She turned slowly, obviously attempting to hide the smile growing on her face, and failing miserably.

"You two seem to be getting along much better now." Oz said.

"Yeah." Spike said, tearing his eyes off of the girl and back to Oz. "You hear about that bonfire tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, Willow mentioned it," Oz said, "you guys going?"

"Yeah, she said it was some sort of tradition," he paused, choosing his next words carefully, "still hasn't let me take her on a date yet, though."

"She's just nervous." Oz said.

"Why would she be nervous?" Spike asked. "We've gone out before."

Oz shrugged. "You know how girls are, first solo dates are a big deal for them. Me and Willow were just lucky and got forced in to ours when Buffy got that phone call from her dad."

"Bloody pillock, he is." Spike commented. "All the blokes in her life seem to be."

"Other than you, right?"

"Well, yeah." He said as if it were obvious.

"Well if all the dudes in her life have been bloody pillocks," Oz mimicked Spike's accent, "then you can understand why she would be nervous about it." Spike nodded, understanding his words but annoyed with their truth nonetheless. "It'll happen soon, though, that steely resolve of hers is definitely cracking."

Spike looked over at him, skeptical look on his face. "How so?"

Oz shrugged. "Just the way that she looks at you, you know, when she thinks no one else is watching. It's different now, more interested and less... hateful?" He said, at a complete loss for a better word.

"Can you guys come down here for a minute?" Anya called from the table.

Oz slapped a hand on Spike's shoulder. "Keep your head up, it won't be long now."

The guys headed off of the stage and over to their manager and his apprentice. They each pulled up a chair and sat down around them. Spike glanced over toward the bar again and saw Buffy and Xander sitting on the stools, their work apparently done for now, taking a deserved break while the boss was out doing whatever it was that Clem did when he wasn't there.

"We've talked to a couple more venues and promoters," Giles said, effectively pulling Spike in to business mode, "we've now managed to get you an eleven week tour, playing a show every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday night."

"When are we leaving?" Oz asked.

"We'll be leaving on December 1 and your first show will be in New York the next day." Anya answered.

"We gonna have off for the holidays?" Spike asked.

"Yeah, do we get breaks?" Bob asked.

"You'll have a break from December 23 to January 2 so you can spend the holidays with your family, friends, and anyone else you may want to see." Giles explained. "You'll be coming home February 17, and playing here as a homecoming show. After that you guys are free until March 19, that's when you'll be going to the UK with the same schedule until April 20." Anya explained.

"Who's opening?" Spike asked.

"Glory Wire." Anya answered, all three of the men groaned. "What's wrong?"

"That Glory girl." Bob said.

"What?" Anya asked.

"She's a little diva, that's what." Spike answered.

"I heard when she went on Conan, she refused to come out of the dressing room because they didn't have a red carpet for her to walk on, said the hard floor would make her feet click and she would screw up the interview." Oz said.

"Yeah," Spike said, "and that crazy bint refused to play one night because her horoscope said to stay out of the public eye."

"It's only for one tour," Giles said, "I'm sure you can all play nice for one tour."

"You've never met the girl." Spike said, shaking his head as if to break up any memories that were forming.

"From now until we leave," Giles said, raising his voice in a way that showed he was clearly changing the subject, "we'll need to continue having practice every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to get you guys ready and decide on a set list."

"I'm not practicing every Friday." Bob said immediately.

"Yeah," Oz agreed, "some of us have things to do, right Spike?"

Spike glanced over at Buffy then. "Yeah," he said, "no Friday practice."

"Alright, fine, we'll waive the Friday practice," Anya said, glancing at Giles and not missing the shocked look he gave her, "but we'll have to add an extra hour to Monday's and Wednesday's practices to make up for it."

"Agreed." Giles said, impressed by his apprentice's bargaining.

"Alright," Oz said, "we can do that, right guys?"

"I'm game." Bob said as Spike nodded.

Anya smiled. "Good, we'll be printing out your detailed itineraries and giving them to you next week. Meeting adjourned."

000000000000

Working in a bar could be very unpredictable sometimes, well, most of the time actually. Last Wednesday had been incredibly busy, but today there were a grand total of four people sitting around the bar, not including the staff, the band, and Willow who had randomly decided to stop in and say hello to everyone. Cordelia had come in for her scheduled shift at seven only to find everyone sitting at the bar, talking seriously about something.

Spike sat on the last stool at the bar, sitting next to where Buffy was standing against it and trying to pay attention to her one patron and the conversation at the same time. Xander was behind the bar, leaning against the back wall, arms crossed over his chest and one ankle crossed over the other. Oz was sitting next to Spike with Willow on his other side, the two holding hands did not go by unnoticed by Cordelia. Bob was sitting on Willow's other side, nursing a drink while he talked to Faith who was sitting on top of the bar Indian style.

"What's going on?" Cordelia asked, walking around the bar as she tied her apron.

"Talking about throwing Clem a surprise party." Buffy answered.

"Right, his birthday's on Monday, isn't it?" Cordelia asked.

"Yeah, and the bar just so happens to be closed that day so I can do inventory." Xander said.

"If Clem wanted off for his birthday, why didn't he just say he was taking off? He's the owner, he can do that, yeah?" Spike asked.

"That's Clem for ya," Faith said, "won't do anything special for himself but everything for everyone else."

"Which is exactly why we should throw this party." Anya said, agreeing wholeheartedly with any reason to throw a party.

"He has done quite a lot for us." Giles said from his spot at a table just next to the bar.

"He'd want it to be small, though," Buffy said, "you know how he gets nervous when there's too many people around him."

"Strange little career choice for him then." Spike commented.

"I'm the only other family he has here." Xander said.

"It could just be all of us," Cordelia said, "we're kind of like a family here anyway."

Buffy and Faith nodded in agreement, this place had been like their home away from home for the past couple of years.

"I can come in and decorate after two." Anya said.

"I'll help," Xander offered, "I'll already be here for inventory anyway."

"Willow and I can get here after class." Buffy said. "If Spike and Oz want to pick us up, we could get here as early as five."

"We can do that." Oz said.

"Yeah, no problem." Spike agreed, glancing at Buffy and noticing her glancing back at him. The two of them did the awkward 'I was definitely not just looking at you' thing and turned their faces back to the rest of the group.

"Then it's settled," Cordelia said, "we'll all meet here at five on Monday and throw Clem a party."

000000000000

Spike, Buffy, Oz, and Willow showed up at the bonfire at around seven and were surprised to see that they were probably one of the last few people to show up. The fire was burning bright against the darkened night sky and they all walked with a bit of difficulty on the sand. The smells of the fire and the sea water mixed together in a way that couldn't be compared to anything else. They were about fifty yards from the actual water, but Buffy swore she could still here the crashing of the waves over the DJ on the opposite side of the fire. There were tons of people there, probably close to the entire student body, and everyone was drinking, dancing, and having a genuinely good time. Buffy noticed Harmony and her group of followers immediately and made a mental note of where not to go.

"Let's go get some drinks." Willow said, grabbing both Buffy and Oz by the hands and leading them toward the collection of coolers by the DJ. She grabbed a couple of wine coolers for herself and Buffy as Spike found the cooler housing the beer and tossed one to Oz before cracking one open himself.

"No hard stuff for Buffy tonight," Oz said jokingly, "we all know how that ended up last time."

"Oz." Willow said, a worried expression on her face as she glanced between him and her best friend.

Everyone was kind of surprised when Buffy laughed. "Yeah, me and strong drinks are sort of on bad terms sometimes. Sticking with these little babies tonight."

Spike put an arm around her shoulders. "It's alright, luv," he said giving it a quick squeeze, "happens to the best of us."

She looked up at him with a smile, he returned her gaze and gave her a small smile of his own. In all honesty, she did feel bad about her reaction now and Spike had been nothing but a perfect gentleman since then. She realized that she had probably scared him a little bit, maybe even a lot a bit, but he stuck around and that had to say something about how he felt about her.

A new song started and when they realized what it was, Willow laughed as the guys scoffed.

"Everywhere we go." Oz said. Buffy listened for a second, not quite recognizing the song yet.

"It's bloody following us, I'm telling you, damn curse this song is." Spike said, taking a swig of his beer.

Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah!

Buffy immediately recognized Spike's voice coming through the speakers.

"It's not even a good song." Oz said.

"Could kill Giles for making us release it as a single." Spike said.

"Isn't this song about making a porno?" Willow asked.

Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah!

Spike nodded. "I didn't even write it. Bought it off some guy in Vegas."

I'd like to say for the record that I like how you walk,
And how the all other girls shut their mouths when you talk.
Your body's so black and your mind is too,
I want to make a good connection when I plug into you.


The girls were both equally surprised when Spike started singing the chorus and Oz pretending to play an invisible bass. They were overdoing every motion, dramatically closing their eyes, Spike was using a ridiculously deep voice, they were completely mocking their own song and performances.

So come on and leave the lights on if that's your thing,
It's better for the cameras if you know what I mean.
So come on and leave the lights on if you want to see it all,
Cuz everything else in the room is gonna be off.

I want to feel like a kingdom when I come into you,
I want to kneel at the alter your body dances to.
I need to speak three languages all just to prove,
That I am duh duh dee duh duh,
I love the way that you move.


"Wait," Buffy said, "what did you say there?"

So come on and leave the lights on if that's your thing,

"Not exactly, sure." Spike said quickly before continuing his 'singing'.

It's better for the cameras if you know what I mean.

"Can't remember the line." He finished.

So come on and leave the lights on if you want to see it all,
Cuz everything else in the room is gonna be off.


"Ever wonder why us singers let the crowd sing some of the lines back to us?" He asked.

Buffy had never even thought of that before. The guys danced to the instrumental break and the entire situation was probably the funniest thing she had ever seen. She loved that they didn't take themselves too seriously, they weren't the big headed celebrities they no doubt could have been and it was relief to both herself and to Willow.

I want a dirty little girl with the wife beater on,
With the straps fallin off of her shoulders.

So come on and leave the lights on if that's your thing,
It's better for the cameras if you know what I mean.
So come on and leave the lights on if you want to see it all,
Cuz everything else in the room is gonna be off.


Buffy and Willow clapped and laughed as the song ended and the guys went straight back in to normal mode.

"What are you two laughing at?" Spike asked.

"Yeah," Oz said, "that's the way we do it."

Buffy shook her head as Spike's arm found its way back around her shoulders, things didn't get much better than this.

000000000000

About and hour had gone by and everyone was having a great time. It had been Spike's turn to go and fetch the next round of drinks for the group and as he walked over to the tribe of coolers and kegs, he let his mind wander over everything that had happened so far that night. He didn't want to admit it, but this entire bonfire thing had actually been a pretty good idea. Buffy hadn't left his side the entire night and she had no objections when he would casually drape his arm around her shoulders or hold her hand while leading her through a crowd of people. He had even managed to get her to dance during a slow song or two.

Spike grabbed two wine coolers and a beer for both him and Oz before returning to the group just as a song he wasn't particularly fond of filled the air. He handed the wine cooler to Willow and tossed the beer to Oz before walking up behind Buffy, wrapping his arms around her waist. He smiled as she didn't pull away or turn in his arms, but leaned back and let her body rest against his chest. He dipped his head down and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Take a walk with me?" He asked, whispering in her ear.

He felt her head turn slightly, their eyes locking as she looked over at him. She nodded and Spike promptly straightened himself up. He handed her the wine cooler and switched his beer to the other hand so that he could lace his fingers with the ones on her free hand.

"We're gonna go take a walk." Spike called over to Willow and Oz. Willow smiled brightly as Oz winked at them, earning a happy grin from Spike and a small blush from Buffy as he turned and began heading toward the beach.

The moon was shining brightly and the further they got from the loud music and huge fire, the more intimate their situation became. Buffy insisted on walking right next to the water, taking off her socks and shoes before rolling her pants legs up so the water could gently caress her bare feet and legs. It didn't take long for her to convince Spike to do the same, he couldn't resist her no matter how hard he tried. After walking for a few minutes, they found a vacant lifeguard stand and decided it would be as good a place as any to sit, they couldn't just walk along the beach all night no matter how much they wanted to.

"Ladies first." Spike said, stepping to the side of the ladder and holding her hand as she stepped up on the first few wooden planks. He quickly followed her up, sitting next to her in the large wooden seat. A gust of wind went by and he felt her shiver slightly next to him. "Cold?"

She shrugged. "Maybe just a little bit."

He laughed, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her in closer, leaving no space between the two of them. "Told you to bring a jacket, luv."

She tilted her head, letting it rest on her shoulder. "Didn't want to carry it around."

"Running around in the water probably wasn't the best decision either." He said, motioning toward her still naked feet.

"You can't walk on the beach and not do that." She said seriously.

He chuckled as they both looked out at the ocean before them, listening to waves crashing gently against the sand. The moon seemed bigger here, almost like you could just reach out and grab it. There was a slight breeze floating through the otherwise decent night air, Spike wasn't sure if this night could get any better.

"This is really nice." Buffy said quietly.

"It is." He said, resting his head on top of hers and closing his eyes.

"I was wrong about you, you know." She said.

"Yeah?" He asked. "How's that?"

"You're not like every other guy, there's something about you, it's different." She explained.

"In a good way, I hope." He said.

"In a very good way." She said, lifting her head and turning to face him. "I really like you, Spike, a lot."

He didn't say anything for a long moment as he just took in the beautiful sight before him, taking a snapshot of the moment in his mind. Her eyes looked warm in the moonlight as her hair blew ever so slightly in the gentle breeze. Her skin was warm against his and he could feel her heart racing as he held her close.

She laughed nervously, worried by his lack of a response. "What are you thinking?" She asked.

He kept his eyes trained on her face, moving from her eyes to her lips and then back again. "If I kiss you right now," he finally whispered, "are you going to regret it in the morning?"

Buffy's eyes glistened like a diamond in the sky as she gazed in to his icy blues. "No."

He hooked his arm around her neck, slowly and gently pulled her face closer to his, both of their eyes closing in anticipation. Their lips touched softly for a long moment. He pulled away slightly, opening his eyes half way and searching her face for a sign that he should continue. When she raised her hand to his cheek and pulled him back to her, that was all the reassurance he needed.

In this moment, his life was perfect.

000000000000


Chapter End Notes:
Just wanted to let everyone know that in the event of any of the sites I post this on close down, TSG is being posted on three different websites right now and I plan to add more in the future.

Currently I am posting this on:

Fanfiction . Net
The Spuffy Realm (spikeluver . Com)
Elysian Fields (dark-solace. org/elysian/index. php)

It is under the same title and my pen name is either ViciousRejects, or ViciousRejesct. (I chose a wonderful time to have a typo, yes?) If anyone has any other suggestions as to where I should post this little baby fic, I'd love to hear them. :)

Thoughts? Reviews?

(Oh, and don't worry, she's not going to go bat shit crazy again. Also, this is not a dream.)