Chapter 10 Cut Up and Bruised

Angel and Spike walked into the lobby of the Hyperion Hotel all cut up and bruised and seem equally pissed and annoyed with one and other.

“I can’t believe you did that after I clearly told you not, too.” Angel said stopped throwing Spike’s bloody sword down.

Spike kept walking but Angel seemed to want to keep bringing up him killing the demon dog. So he turnaround before going up the stairs and gave him a piece of his mind.

“What was I suppose to do? Let it roam and destroy everything. You know as much as I do, Peaches, that it had to go. Your rabid dog had to be put down.” Spike defending himself.

“How am I suppose to find out what it is if its dead? Wesley must of needed it for something.”

“I don’t know. You sure your lil hell team didn’t send it after my people?!” Spike yelled.

“Your people?!” Angel gasped questionably walking over half way to Spike.

“Yeah, you got a problem with that?” Spike walked over to him.

“So, I guess Buffy’s yours too?” Angel said angrily now standing two feet in front of him.

“Yes and I am hers. What jealous?” Spike said smirking.
Giles chose that exact moment to walk into the lobby reading his book. The vampires were so caught up in their heated argument they didn’t notice. Giles lifted his head up from the book he was engross in when her heard Buffy’s name and began to watch the tit for tat argument take place.

“Don’t forget, boy. I bit her first.” Angel smirked.

“We both know the only reason she let you do that. It was to save your precious self.” Spike blew raspberries at him. “We did it because we loved each other. We needed each other. Wasn’t about survival. Wasn’t about just being selfish.”

“Oh, right. The claim. How could you be so selfish?” Angel said sarcastically.

“Look here, you bloody poofer. You don’t know what your talking about. Buffy initiated the whole thing-”

“And you went with the flow.” the older vampire interrupted, enraged.

“I don’t need to explain what I did to you. Only to her. Who am I to deny the love of my undead life anything. She loves me. She sees past the demon. She knows I can be a good man.” He paused. “ I’m not gonna let you or any otha’ ninny take that away.”

By the end of Spike’s speech, he was in Angel face basically threatening him. Angel could see the love in Spike’s eyes for the slayer and a part of him knew Buffy felt the same about him. But all his jealously and anger was building hearing Spike talk about his Buffy and he snapped punching Spike with all his strength making the blonde vampire land on the steps.

“She’ll never love you the way she loves me.” Angel growled out.

Spike stood his already sore and lumpy body from the steps and massaged his now aching stomached.

“Your right, Angel. She’ll never love me the way she love you. She loves me more.” Spike turned and walked the rest of the way up the stairs towards his mate, who been signally him to come home all night.

Angel watched as Spike limped his way up the stairs then he stormed out of the hotel livid.

Giles stood their for a minute not believing his ears. He walked back into the office full of resentment and disappointment. He gave up on her and now he was looking at what his mistake had cost. But he couldn’t understand why she would turn to a vampire once again.

“Willow, where did you put the books on mated vampires?” Giles asked.

“Uh, I set it over there in the “don’t need “ pile. Cause you said we didn’t need it. Do we need it?” Willow rambled.

“Unfortunately, yes. I seemed to be wrong. Uh Buffy and Spike claimed each other.” Giles said taking off his glasses and cleaning them.

The Scoobies looked at Giles wondering when he came up with this revelation.

“Who told you that shoe croc?” Xander laughed, “Do you really think Buffy would do something like that. I mean I know that one time with Angel, but ‘saving’. Then that one thing with Maste- Dracula.”

“Uh, I think Buffy would do that.” said Dawn thinking about when Buffy was alone because they betrayed her.

“plus, that Dracula thing doesn’t count, right? Cause thrall.” Willow asked nervously.

“At the moment I just don’t understand what would posses her to do something like this.” Giles said taking the book Willow handed to him.