Giles has been up all night reading all the books on mated vampires. His appearance was rather pitiful and his clothes were disheveled. His hair was a mess and his face looked worn.

It wasn't until early morning when he discovered how Buffy and Spike were able to disappear. He was amazed they were able to pull something that took mated vampires 20 to 40 years to do. He took off his glasses in frustration and anger towards his charge. Or former.

Giles got up and walked into the kitchen for tea. Willow walked in yawning. She looked Giles over and became a little concerned.

"Morning Giles."

"Oh, Hello, Willow. Sleep well?"

"Not entirely. You been up all night?" Willow asked grabbing a bagel and sitting down at the table.

"Unfortunately, yes. Reading about mated vampires." Giles said sipping his hot tea leaning against the counter.

"So, what do we know so far?"

"We know how they escaped the hell mouth and appeared on the bus."

Willow looked up from her bagel. "What?"

"It seems to be a trick Dracula had. Sort of like disappearing into smoke and reappearing wherever you want. Its called Fumo Amantes. Lover's Smoke " Giles explained.

Willow looked dumbfounded. Spike pulled that off. "Spike did that?" Will said exactly what she was thinking.

"No not just him. Buffy, too. It usually takes mates 20 to 40 years to perform something like that. The connection has to be a powerful one."

Willow thought about her best friend and her relationship with the vampire the past couple of years. She could understand the connection was probably more strong now than before what they did to her. Red was thinking this not knowing the ex librarian was thinking the same thing.

Dawn walked into the silent kitchen and looked at a tired Giles and a shocked Willow.

"Did anybody get any sleep last night? I didn't. I don't understand why my room had to be right next to the love bunnies. I had to put my ipod on, it was disgusting." Dawn complained making Willow and Giles blush.

"Well, I take it Buffy feeling better." Giles said clearing his throat.

Dawn walked over to the table and picked up an apple when Xander walks in with his tool belt and some boards in his arms.

"Well, I'm off to fix the broken doors." Xander said smiling pulling a Gatorade out the fridge and leaving.

Kennedy walked in with a new outfit on.

"Whoa, where did you get that?" Dawn asked.

"Oh, some dudes are unpacking tubes of clothes with our name on it in the lobby."

"No way." Dawn squealed excitedly.

"Names on it? From who?" Willow asked curious.

Fred walked in smiling. "From Angel, of course. His sorry for the demon. Hi guys."

Everyone said hello back.

"Has anyone seen Buffy or Spike?" Fred asked anxious.

"Upstairs. I don't know if their up." Willow answered.

"With their late night and all." Dawn added giggling.

Kennedy laughed along with her. Fred turned red.

"Well, I guess I better see if their up." Fred said leaving.

"I'm going to go back into the office an-" Giles started to say but was interrupted by Willow.

"Giles. I think you should go take a nap. We'll do the research. I'll get everybody sped up." Will said.

"Okay I could use some kip." Giles said finishing his cup and putting it in the sink and walked out the kitchen.

"How do you think Giles is doing? He looks like crap." Dawn asked Willow.

"I think his upset with hisself, which i can understand. I'm kinda kicking myself too." Willow said honestly.

"What? About that thing with Buffy. I bet she over it already, its really not that serious. She came back didn't she." Kennedy said to honestly.

"Kennedy, wow, you really dont get it, do you?" Dawn said annoyed getting up from the table leaving Willow and Kennedy alone.

"Get what? Am I the only one that thinks its over? It's done. Nobody can change the past." Kennedy said a little frustrated.

"NO! That's the problem. I can't change the fact that I betrayed my best friend. And now things won't ever be the same between us." Willow confessed stading quickly and leaving.