Dawn didn't know it was possible but her sister always seem to concur the impossible. Here she stood in the door way of her sister and Spike's hotel room. A room which once her sister was placed: she hadn't left. Neither has Spike. She never understood the relationship between the two but she knew ever since they've arrived in Los Angeles, he's never left her side. Except the day the gang arrived Spike was force to put Buffy down after Angel socked him in the face. No one knew why Angel was angry, so the everyone assumed it was jealousy. Once they fought it out and Angel go over himself, he set the gang up at Hyperion Hotel since he was busy with Wolfman and Hart.

Spike knew he should drink the blood that Dawn brought him hours ago but he couldn't bring himself to turn from his lover. She has been on the bed ever since they came. He had to cut her shirt to tend to the cut on her face and to the sword wound that went clean through her during the battle. He tried cleaning her from the gruff, blood, and dirt but he was to cautious to really move her.

His heart ached everyday she didn't wake. It was like a coma. No one knew what was wrong. Not Giles. Not Willow. And Spike didn't think Angels team at Wolfman and Hart had any clue. All they said was that she would wake when she was ready. They were a Evil Firm and that's all they could come up with. He certainly would ask for help during a apocalypse.

Spike had a feeling later on that night that they might be right. He believed that she would wake soon. He didn't know why. But he could probably guess it had something to do with their claim. Something he hasn't and wont tell anyone, except the one person he knew would know found out as soon as he walked in with Buffy in his arms thanks to that damn sire bond.

"So…" Dawn starts walking next to his chair, " you gonna drink that before it gets too cold?"

Spike didn't even sense her until she spoke he was too far gone into his own thoughts. "I know, Niblet. I just. I have to know she's okay."

Dawn thought Spike was being ridiculous. "She's not gonna move if you take a drink, Spike."

Dawn laughed bitterly and looked at Spike. From what she can tell he hasn't move an inch from his seat. Except for the times she snuck in the room at night to find him in bed with her. She wanted to do the same thing but settled for his chair at night. She understood where he was coming from. But like him and Buffy she covered her emotions when things get too tense.

"How is she doing? I know I ask every 30 minutes. I just-" Dawn began to tear up.

"Oi, pet, she's good."

Spike reached out for Dawn and placed her on his lap to hug her.

"Her heartbeat is steady." Spike comforted her.

They sat there quiet for a couple of minutes. Both looking at Buffy as if she was a TV show.

"I let you on a little secret, pet." Spike whispered.

Dawn looked up from Buffy to look at Spike, whose eyes never wavered away from her sister.

"I have a strong feeling that your sister will open those beautiful green eyes soon." Spike confessed.

"How soon?" Dawn questioned hopefully.

Buffy's fingers twitched but the didn't notice. Spike was to busy reassuring Dawn to pick up on Buffy slight up beat heart.

"Don't know, pet. But soon." he said grimly looking back over to Buffy.

Dawn looked at him and then glanced at Buffy and saw that she hadn't moved. She picks up his mug and handed it to him.

"Your getting paler than the average vamp. The gang made me promise to make sure take it least a sip before I leave.