(Last Night)

Angel walked into the Science Department of Wolfman and Hart and found Fred messing around with tubes with chemicals in it and something that seemed like a big hair ball on the counter.

Fred was trying to steadily mix her chemicals together and just when she was about to put a piece of hair from the ball in the mix- "FRED?"

She was so into what she was doing that when Angel called out her name she jump. Fred groaned, all her chemicals were bleeding into each other. She tried cleaning up some of the glass but the chemicals were melting it.

"Angel, you have to start making noise when you enter the lab. Some of this stuff is really dangerous." She whined.

"Sorry, Fred I was just wondering if you got anything back from that blood test we took from Buffy and Spike?"

Fred turned around and for the first time he enter saw her appearance. She looked as if she hadn't slept in days, her hair was a mess and, her clothes were disheveled.

"Angel, I'm sorry." She said fixing her glasses, "Wesley dumped this animal fur to try and decipher it cause he couldn't remember if it was demon. You throw Spike and Buffy's blood on me and I'm still doing thing for the firm and… I haven't slept since the Sunnydale group arrived." Fred finished frustrated.

During Fred's rant neither noticed a big hairy demon growing behind her. Angel hadn't seen her this panicky since Cordy found her.

"Uhm, I know. It just really important we find-" Angel was beginning to see the hairy demon makes it full shape into what looked like a dog behind Fred. Angel shifted into his game face causing Fred to be alert.

"What? Angel?" She said turning around just in time to watch the demon dog let out a loud ground rumbling roar.

Fred screamed and Angel dove and tackled her to the floor before the Demon Dog snapped its sharp teeth at her. He hide them behind a counter.

"What was that?" She asked scarred.

The Dog let out another loud roar and ran through the door braking it along with some of the wall.

"I don't know. But it not good." Angel said standing up.

Angel helped Fred up and noticed she was bleeding. 'Call Wesley. Tell him what happened. Get that taken care of."

"What are you going to do?" Fred asked looking at her cut.

"I'm going after it" Angel stated and before she knew it he was gone.

""""""""""""

Spike walked closer to Angel with his arms crossed. "So that's it, Bloody hell. That's all you got. It's a fucking dog." Spike says visibly upset.

"Dogs chew pricey shoes, at most, bite you. They don't destroy a hotel entrance." Buffy gasped out.

Spike looked over at Buffy when he felt a sharp pain run through him. Even though she was covering it very well in front of others, she was in pain. The bond was telling him. Angel looked between Spike and Buffy before looking at Xander.

"And your telling us the all powerful Angel let the big bad wolf get away." Xander complained.

"I didn't let it get away." Angel said.

"Great analogy Xander." Andrew prodded.

Xander nodded and shrugged his shoulders. Willow and Dawn rolled their eyes at them. Kennedy stood up and walk over to them. "What are we going to do now?" she asked.

Everyone look at Buffy and she looks at everyone else. "Where's Faith?"

"She's with Robin at the hospital, love. Been there since we've arrived. She came back last night to see about you. Said she'd be returning sometime, now. Actually." Spike said

"Great. You guy can ask her then. I think I need to lay back down. Spike?" Buffy said trying to stand.

Spike picked her up easily and carried her to the elevator. Buffy looked at her sister, she looked so sad. "Dawnie, we need to talk."

Dawn walk into the elevators quietly looking down to the floor as if she was in trouble.

"Kennedy get a group ready for patrol, yeah. Be down in half in hour. And Angel mo' info would be fucking great." Spike finished before the doors closed.

When elevator doors chimed, crunching glass broke the silence making everyone look at the door.

"Holy hell. What happened?" Faith said looking around and walking the rest of the way in the hotel.

"Long story." Angel said.

"Angel has a new pet Demon Dog that's not on its leash." Xander added.

"Guess its not house broken, either." Faith snipped out.