Spike places Buffy on the bed carefully and takes off her cut up t-shirt, leaving her in her bra. Dawn walks in and sits on the bed fidgeting with her hands.

"Dawn, start some water for your sis, yeah? Spike asked the nervous teenager.

Dawn nodded she was happy to help anyway she could after hurting her. She walked into the bathroom. Buffy watched her little sister walk into the bathroom and turn to look at Spike.

Buffy could feel the anger rolling off him and she felt guilty for not listening and the pain on her stomach was starting to ache.

"Imma take this off." Spike warned peeling off the bled through gauze gently.

Dawn came out of bathroom looking down biting on her lip. Buffy looked at her sister, who was reminding her of her self so much at the moment. "Dawn, honey. I'm okay." Buffy assured her.

"No your not. Your still bleeding and your as pale as Spike now."

"It's still a little sore. I wont lie it hurt when you hugged me but it was worth it." Buffy smiled, " I'm okay, ok?"

Dawn smiled back, " I missed you."

"Miss you too."

Spike pulled the rest of the gauze off and found that she did bust two stitches. "Nib let, go fetch your sis some loose clothes." Spike told Dawn.

"Okay." Dawn said walking out of the room.

Buffy looked down at Spike trying to get him to look at her but he'd busy himself with closing her wound.

"Spike." Buffy said shakingly reaching for his face.

"Love, I'm busy. Don't want to hurt you. Keep still." Spike said evenly.

Buffy let out a quivering breathe trying not to cry and leaned back on her hands. It was too much and she was beginning to cry. Spike stopped an what he was doing and pulled her into a hug careful not to hurt her.

"Please, don't be mad at me." Buffy mumbled into his neck, "I had to go. I had to protect you and Dawn."

Spike pulled away slightly to look into her eyes. " And I have to protect you."

"I know but its my job."

"And so it is for the mini slayer downstairs, pet."

"I'm sorry."

" Your going to make me use the claim to make you listen." Spike joked.

"What?" Buffy asked baffled.

Spike finished up the stitches and put the supplies away in the bathroom and shut off the water.

"Ready for your bath, love?"

Buffy nodded and sat up wincing.

"I'll ask Willow if she has any remedies for your pain." Spike said walking her to the bathroom.

"""""""""""""

Dawn walks into Willow in the lobby. "Sorry." looking around, " ya'll clean up fast."

"Yeah, well, we have a demon dog to hut." Willow said walking with Dawn into Angel old office.

"Yeah, thanks to Fred and Angel."

"Tell me about it." Faith said turning around in the office chair.

"Faith? You're here."

"Yeah, squirt. I heard B's up. I was just about to see her."

"You might want to give her fifteen minutes. She's in the tub." Dawn said.

"Sure, whatever. Where's Spike? I need to talk to him." Faith asked.

"Upstairs. He's helping Buffy."

"Hm, are they together again and not telling?" Willow asked feeling a little left out, Buffy barely acknowledge she was their earlier.

"I don't know but they were giving each other these weird looks like they knew what each others thinking. Eww." Dawn said shrugging off the hibbie jibes.