Author's Chapter Notes:
After the revelation about Dawn’s origin and an ominous prophecy, what can be more relaxing – and distracting - than a surprise visit?
Find out my next twist and turn: what is real, what is wrong?
As always my heartfelt thanks to my two faithful and diligent betas Puddinhead and Passion4Spike.
The gray light of near dawn cast soft shadows on her bedroom walls and through the open window the joyous songs of early birds flowed into her room. Buffy sighed.

His strong hand was splayed over her belly where it had sneaked under her tank top, the calloused thumb tenderly caressing her silken skin. The bedsprings creaked as Spike snuggled closer to her back and nuzzled her neck. She could feel his solid, naked chest pressed against her spine, his stomach muscles rippling from the movement. Something even more solid and hard was pressing into her buttocks, a sensation which sent a tingling to her core.

Supple lips trailed tender kisses along her shoulder blades and his cool fingers slid up her arm, leaving ripples of goose bumps in their wake.

“Spike…“ Buffy sighed.

She turned in his embrace and looked up. His eyes gleamed cerulean blue in the dim light and she could feel his gaze, full of love and adoration, fill her womb with molten lava. She placed her hand behind his neck and pulled him down into a heated kiss. Her tongue traced his sensuous lips before entering and meeting its twin. She sighed into his mouth, a content, happy purr.

“One last time before I have to go, kitten,” he begged, his words a soft, cool breeze caressing her warm lips.
Spike’s hand slipped slowly over her hips, his fingers teasing along the elastic band of her panties.

“Let me in, my love,” he whispered, before dipping his hand inside her panties, his fingertips combing through her soft curls. His fingers explored her slick pussy lips, gliding between them as she opened her legs for him, pushing and rubbing her burning core against his cool hand.

“Love you, pet. Always so eager, always so wet for me.” His fingers circled her opening, feather light and teasing, before gliding upwards to her clit.

A lightning bolt shot through her body, bending her spine; she rubbed herself harder against his fingers. His huge erection pressed against her hip, caught between their bodies; her channel was yearning to take him in, to be filled, to be complete.

“Spike, I need you – now!” Her voice was rough, filled with desire.

He rolled her over and looked down at her, grinning. “Bossy bint.” With a low chuckle, he grabbed the waistband of her panties and pulled them down.

Buffy raised her hips and wriggled to help him; then she quickly pulled the tank-top over her head.

Spike’s eyes darkened as he watched her. “Too hot for you, pet?”

Slowly, his gaze trailed up her long legs, over her firm, flat stomach and lingered on her breasts. Buffy watched, fascinated, as his lips opened and he curled his tongue behind his teeth. How could anybody look so delicious doing something so simple?

Buffy bit on her lower lip and opened her legs invitingly. She extended her hand and winked him nearer with her index finger. “Come on, tiger,” she growled and wriggled her hips.

Slowly, he crawled up between her legs, his dick pointing straight at her womanhood like she was pulling him in. Spike’s eyes locked on hers, his gaze intense, hypnotizing. He paused over her chest and lowered his mouth to her hard nipple, never breaking the eye contact. His lips sucked and his teeth bit down gently on the sensitive skin. With a soft ‘plop’ he released it to tend to its sister.

Buffy couldn’t stand the anticipation any longer and grabbed his shoulders. Demandingly, she pulled Spike nearer until she could feel the tip of his erection press into her needy flesh. He looked down at her, eyes full with a dark, honey-sweet hunger. He positioned himself at her opening and slowly pushed in.

Buffy squeezed her eyes shut and let the exquisite sensations wash over her. The initial protest of her muscles fighting against the invasion of Spike’s rock hard cock until her opening finally widened and engulfed his length like a tight, velvet glove. The room was filled with the smacking sound of his balls slapping against her and the sucking, wet noise as her tight channel refused in vain to let him leave.

She wrapped her legs around his ass and each time pulled him further into her core before allowing him to draw back again. Spike increased his rhythm and placed his thumb over her clit to urge her on. She was panting, her skin covered in a thin film of perspiration.

With a loud moan she fell over the edge. Her vision was filled with exploding stars, cascading down in a kaleidoscope of burning fire. Spike’s face swam into focus, his eyes huge and dark, locked onto hers. With a last, forceful stroke he threw his head back with a resonating growl, neck muscles strained like cords of steel. Spike’s semen shot into her, the cool liquid soothing her hot flesh.

He lowered himself and leaned his head against her brow. “Buffy, I…”

The loud bang of the bathroom door slamming shut shattered her world. Her eyes opened wide and Buffy sat up in bed; her hair was a tangled, moist mess, her skin sweaty, her chest heaved in exertion. And her hand rested between her legs, the fingers sticky with her juices.

“Oh my God!”

~*~


As she walked towards the Magic Shop later that morning, Buffy was so deep in thought that she didn’t notice the black van with tinted windows trailing her.

She still hadn’t decided how to react to her vivid, wet dream. Whenever she tried to put her mind to it, her body started to tingle and she longed to feel Spike’s touch for real. Did this make her a slut or just a normal girl, a normal woman? Hell, it had been ages since she’d had anything between her legs that wasn’t driven by a battery. She was young and healthy - and she had a boyfriend who was sex on legs.

She rolled the word around her mouth: ‘Boyfriend’.

When she thought back to the last couple of weeks that was exactly what Spike had been. He was the most complex person she’d ever encountered. At their first date, he had opened up to her in a way nobody else had done before. He let her see past the cocky exterior he presented to the world and she just began to grasp the potential he offered to her. He was so full of life – a contradiction in itself for an undead vampire - and he made her feel spirited, energized, and happier than she had been since she was Called. She was looking forward to each new day; the world wasn’t a heavy burden on her shoulders now that she had Spike to share it with.

Not that he was all fun-having and frivolous. He had even been considerate to a point where she was seriously tempted to kick him. He insisted on doing real patrol with her and limited the kissage to when he’d brought her back home – mostly.

Spike had let his fingers dance and explore, slowly, oh so slowly, conquering more areas of her body. She’d been surprised by his self-control while she’d felt the evidence of how eager he was to do more with her. Her dream was based on real, hard facts. Not that she had seen him yet in all his glory, but she didn’t need much imagination.

Besides, he was maybe already the father of her child, if the connection Elin had pointed out proofed to be real. That would make it an immaculate conception – sort of, in a weird, magical way. They hadn’t filed for a test of course, that would have been ridiculous and a waste of money. It would change nothing in their relationship and she had learned, by the example of her father, that to be the biological parent meant zilch.

As she mused about her dream and its implications, she definitely felt excited and happy. Maybe it was time to take the next step; she would talk to Spike about it tonight.

If she could muster the courage.

As she turned around the corner towards the entrance of the Magic Box, she nearly ran into the opening door of a huge van looming at the curb.

“I’m sorry!” Buffy said politely and turned. “I didn’t…” Her eyes grew wide.

“Riley! How… When… I thought you were in Belize!” Buffy stammered.

“Buffy, sorry, I hadn’t wanted to startle you. I came here looking for you.” Riley stepped out of the van, looking her up and down with obvious admiration. “You look great.”

“Oh, uhmm, thanks… Why don’t you come in?” Buffy gestured towards the Magic Box, unsure how she felt about the surprise visit.

Riley was clad in a military style, green shirt and fatigue pants and heavy, black combat boots. The bulge at his side under his jacket showed that he was armed. Who would dress like that for a social visit? She just hoped the military or, even worse, a new take on the Initiative wasn’t back in town; that was a complication she could live without.

Accompanied by the merry jingle from the door bell, they stepped into the Magic Box. Riley shot a last glance back at the van and Buffy felt unease spread inside her. Somebody else was waiting in the vehicle; were they just waiting for him or observing, spying on them? That was the real question.

~*~


“Hey, everybody! Look who dropped in on us.” Buffy announced Riley’s arrival and plopped down on a chair at the table. Behind the counter, Anya shot Riley an anxious look and ducked her head, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible, concentrating on her ledger. Buffy couldn’t blame her, if she was an ex-demon, she would also avoid any closer contact to a former Initiative soldier.

Giles stepped out of his small office and joined them. “Hello, Riley. What brings you back to us after such a long time?” He pulled off his glasses and started to polish them, clearly a sign that he was as startled and concerned by the visit as Buffy.

“Hey, Giles. Like I told Buffy already, I’m here looking for her.” Riley sat down and cleared his throat. “My unit is following a couple of dangerous demons who took refuge here at your Hellmouth. Buffy, we want to recruit you as help in our hunt. As the resident Slayer, you know all the possible hiding places and you might already have come across their victims; this species is highly aggressive.”

Buffy glared at Riley across the table with narrowed eyes. “Your unit? Why do you have to bring the military back into my town? Couldn’t you’ve just called me? Does ‘telephone’ ring a bell? I haven’t forgotten the mess the government dropped into my lap with the Initiative.”

Riley held up his hands, palms open in an appeasing gesture. “Believe me; we’re not even remotely linked to the Initiative. Sure, some of our soldiers were taken over by the organization since they already knew how to handle demons. But the Initiative was decommissioned, Buffy. They closed all facilities across the country. We have a different mission: to protect the human population and kill the demons. No more experiments or creating super-human soldiers.”

“So, let’s get this clear. The military wants to hire me to eliminate these demons,” Buffy summarized. “If dangerous demons wreak havoc in Sunnydale, don’t you think I would have done that anyway?”

Riley looked sheepish. “That wasn’t what I meant to say. I convinced my commanding officer that it would be wise to include you in our operation. I know that hunting here on your turf without your knowledge would have complicated our mission. We want your help as a consultant. We have enough firepower to kill the demons, but we don’t know the lay of the land. I have a detailed profile about its habits, the preferred feeding grounds and resting places.”

Buffy shifted in her seat. Seeing Riley again didn’t sit well with her. He had fled her town after giving her an ultimatum and no chance to talk it out. She was left behind with issues that she had no opportunity to straighten out. Now he’d jumped out from behind his bush, out of the jungle, and back into her life, trampling all over her - again.

Riley jumped off his seat and paced up and down the shop in long, energetic strides. “We’re doing great things, Buffy. The world needs us. You only see your suburban surroundings, the populated areas. In Central and South America the situation is getting worse. There are huge areas in the boondocks where no humans live anymore, where demons thrive in the dense jungle and damp marshlands. Left alone, they’d soon overrun the whole continent and, eventually, the whole world.

“We root out their mating grounds, keep them on the move. You can’t just dump missiles on them; that would cause too much attention, not to mention the diplomatic upheaval. So we fight them with helicopters or in hand-to-hand combat. Our scientists work constantly on more efficient weapons and protective gear. The arsenal of claws and fangs we stand against is alarming. Over the last year, I’ve lost three of the men in my squad.”

Buffy watched as Riley droned on in his military lingo. Had he always been so fanatic? Or had he changed so much during the year they’d been separated? Had she really ever known him at all?

“What’s so special about these demons that you have to follow them with a car load of soldiers?” Buffy interrupted.

Riley stopped and smiled patronizingly at her. “That ‘car load of soldiers’ is my unit of highly qualified military specialists. We’re equipped with lightweight personal protection gear, PWDs with special explosive ammunition, personal trackers and communicators linking us to headquarter via DSCS. The platoon leader is with the rest of the squad, looking for signs of the demons outside town. We left most of our platoon at headquarters on R&R.”

“You know that was quite a mouthful of irrelevant information. And yet again, what’s so special about these demons?” Buffy asked, rolling her eyes.

She really had heard enough gibbety-gob for one day. She well remembered how she had easily eluded and then decimated the handful of soldiers the Initiative had set against her in her assessment. Specialists, my ass. They hadn’t been immune to her fists.

Firearms, on the other hand, were a different matter. She could heal from wounds normal people would die from, but a bullet to her chest or head would kill her nevertheless. Explosive or not explosive. She was tougher than human, but she wasn’t immortal. Not that she thought Riley planned to attack her, but Dr. Walsh had tried it and she didn’t know this platoon leader and what he might be cooking up for her.

Riley stopped his pacing and faced the table. “It’s a couple of Suvolte demons. They use their poisonous stingers to paralyze their victims. The venom liquefies the internal organs before the demon sucks them out. They lay dozens of eggs and their offspring are agile and vicious from the day they hatch. They procreate rapidly in the proximity of a Hellmouth. So, now can you see why it’s so important to catch the demons as soon as possible?”

Behind her counter, Anya flinched and started to scribble on her notepad. Buffy wondered what it was that had her startled.

“You said you have a profile of the demon. Where should we look for them?” Buffy asked.

“They like a dark and damp climate, preferably underground and near water or the sewers. They usually lays their pod-like eggs in clay or mud where they can keep an upright position. I hope we only have to deal with the two of them. If their offspring hatches…” Riley stopped and shook his head. “I don’t want to think about that possibility.”

“Then we’re knee deep in shit.” Buffy summarized and couldn’t suppress a small smile as Riley flinched.

“I’d forgotten your colorful way with words, Buffy,” Riley admitted.

Maybe, because I always censored what I said to you, Buffy thought. She hadn’t realized how much she had held in for Riley. She’d tried so hard to be a normal girlfriend, to hold back her strength and her sharp tongue. Why on earth had she done that? If he couldn’t take her as she was, had he even really wanted her, loved her - or even known her?

“There are tons of places around here that fit your description, starting with the sewer tunnels and ending with the cliffs. I’ll contact some sources to find out if anyone knows of a couple of Highvolt demons settling down here. They must’ve come in recently since we haven’t heard of any attacks with the symptoms you described. But without Willow’s computer skills we might not be up-to-date. ” Buffy reasoned.

“It’s called ‘Suvolte’, Buffy. I can come with you,” Riley suggested, a hopeful smile spreading over his farm-boy face.

“Whatever. It’d be more helpful if you could scare up some connections to the authorities so we could look into the police reports for the last few days. If there really are victims, then their location might hint on the hiding place of the demons.” Buffy was glad she’d found a good excuse to shed herself of him.

No way was she hitting her sources with an ex-soldier from the Initiative in tow. Sunnydale’s non-human populace still hated the Initiative. Nearly every family had lost members to them; the Initiative had been indiscriminate in their actions against demons, harmless and dangerous alike.

“We should meet back here in three hours, after sunset.” Buffy looked at Giles who had been silent during the whole conversation, intently studying the soldier and listening to the explanations.

“When Dawn comes here after school I’ll keep an eye on her and make sure she does her homework. That’s not a problem, Buffy. Tara and Elin will come by later for research, so she’ll have company.” Giles laid a fatherly hand on Buffy’s shoulder.

Riley looked shameful. “How’re your mother and Dawn? Can you tell them ‘hello’ from me?”

After a moment of stunned silence, Buffy spoke up. “My mother died last year, Riley, shortly after you left. Dawn and I are alone now.”

His face fell. “Oh, God, I’m sorry, Buffy! I… I didn’t know. I thought she was getting better. This must’ve been a terrible shock to you.” His cheeks were heating up in embarrassment. “What about your father? Wouldn’t it be better if Dawn lives with him? It must be hard for you to care for your kid sister on your own.”

Buffy barely suppressed her urge to kick him in his military brass balls.

“I think we should concentrate on finding the demons now, Riley. We can catch up on the past later.” Or never. Buffy turned on her heels and left in a hurry.

~*~


Still furious at Riley, Buffy stormed into Spike’s crypt and banged the door shut behind her. What had he thought, or had he thought at all? She was in serious need of comfort and cuddling.

“Spike? Where are you?” Buffy shouted.

The crypt was deserted, only a t-shirt was hanging over the headrest of the battered couch and the freezer was humming and hiccupping in the corner. It was early afternoon, so Spike should be in and probably still sleeping.

“Spike? Are you awake?” Buffy asked in a calmer, more moderate voice.

She heard a slight rustling and shuffling behind the sarcophagus and Spike’s head appeared over the rim. “Hi, pet. You’re in a right snit today. What poor sod ticked you off?”

“Riley!” Buffy snorted and sat down on the couch. A puff of dust rose from the cushion in protest.

Spike came over to sit beside her. “Whitebread pissed you off? That’s quite an accomplishment, coming all the way from Central America.”

“Wish he was still there, or in Timbuktu, or on the moon. He’s here, in Sunnydale.” Buffy kicked the table with the VCR on it.

“Hey, go soft on my recorder, luv! There’re still episodes on it I haven’t watched yet.” Spike intervened, placing his hand on her thigh. “Common pet, relax. Just kick him out of town. I’m the first one to cheer you on.”

“He’s just…” Buffy stopped. Why was she so angry?

She shook her head. “He annoyed the hell out of me. What does he want? Who does he think he is? He dropped in out of nowhere with all his military gear and soldier talk. He hasn’t once called after he left, not even a letter or a fucking postcard! ‘Having a demon good time in sunny Belize – wish you were here!’” Buffy quipped dourly.

“He didn’t even know mom died. Now he suddenly pretends everything’s shiny between us because he needs my help.” She sighed.

Spike laid his arm around her shoulder and pulled her tight. “Come here, luv.” He leaned over and pressed a soft kiss on her cheek.

Suddenly all anger seeped out of her and Buffy leaned her head against his shoulder. “Stupid Riley. I was in such a good mood until he popped up like an ass-in-the-box.”

“Now, maybe we can restore your mood?” Spike grinned at her, curling his tongue behind his teeth. Then he bent over slowly, his lips hovered over hers for what felt an eternity before he softly lowered them.

Buffy melted into his arms and her mouth opened under the insistent touch. Spike’s tongue flicked out and licked a wet path over her lips, tasting and probing. Her tongue met his, entwining and caressing, tasting his scent of tobacco and faint, coppery traces of blood.

She curled her arm around his neck and pulled him nearer. All her thoughts and worries were lost in a haze of need and she closed her eyes. The memories of her dream surfaced, calling to her and making her blood sing.

“Spike,” she moaned, a bare whisper against his soft lips.

His left hand slipped under her shirt, gliding up the smooth expanse of her stomach tenderly cupping her breast. Spike’s thumb rubbed over her nipple, circling it in a hypnotic, repetitive movement. A flutter started in her stomach.

“Spike,” Buffy repeated. “… I want you…”

His thumb stopped abruptly and he raised his mouth from hers. “Buffy, luv?” Spike whispered.

She swallowed and opened her eyes wide. His stormy blue gaze bored into her, desperately begging her to repeat it. His arm slid behind her back and pressed her nearer. She could feel him trembling slightly, a nervous vibration running along the muscles of his arm. His cheekbones showed sharp angles as he sucked in a breath in anticipation.

She took a deep gulp of air. “I… I dreamt of you, Spike.”

“’t was a good one?” A low chuckle rippled up in his chest. “Did you dream of all the things I could do to you? How I can make you feel all tingly and weak?”

God, he really knew how to undo her. She couldn’t think straight, so she just nodded.

“And what do you want me to do now?” His voice was caressing her senses like velvet.

She poked her knuckles playfully into his side. “Why do I have to say it?” Buffy pouted. This always worked to distract him.

“Hm-Hm” Spike held his index finger in front of her eyes and wriggled it. “Say it. You can do this.”

Buffy glared at him. Stupid vampire. She had defeated a hell god. She could do this, couldn’t she? She took a deep breath – and let it out again. It should be so simple, why did the words evade her? She squeezed her eyes shut, maybe that would work. If she didn’t see him, she could pretend he wasn’t listening.

A finger slipped under her chin and lifted her head. She opened her eyes again and was met by his gaze boring into her, a gas blue flame which devoured her. She was tumbling down into their depth, falling into this abyss of devotion, admiration and – love.

“I want you, Spike” she whispered and his eyes swallowed her whole.

Spike’s iron grip pulled her tight until she was pressed flush against him. His mouth moved against her lips, his tongue demanding entry, playing and dancing around her own, inviting her to another dance. His hand slipped down her back, cupping her ass and lifting her up from the couch, placing her onto his lap. Buffy straddled his hips and ground against his hard, demanding erection.

“I want you,” she repeated, now more forceful and sure.

With gentle fingers, he brushed her hair back from her face, hooking the strands behind her ear. “I’ll show you how good it can be, luv.” His cool breath whispered into her ear. “You’ll shout my name until you lose your voice.” Spike traced his tongue around her earlobe. “I’ll fill you ‘til you won’t ever want to live without me.”

His mouth trailed down the column of her neck, placing soft, wet kisses. Buffy bent her head to the side, her skin burning under his ministration, his cool breath an icy flame devouring her. He started to suck at the soft flesh over her jugular, pulling her boiling blood to the surface.

Buffy grabbed the seam of Spike’s t-shirt when the door burst open and crashed against the crypt walls.


Chapter End Notes:
I think everybody was just waiting for Riley to come back. Kidding - I know I wouldn’t.
Sorry it took me so long to continue, life isn’t gentle to me at the moment and is refusing to give me time to write. As always, the second part will follow next week, so stay tuned and don’t hate me too much. I just couldn't resist to finally live up to my NC-17 warning :-)