Author's Chapter Notes:
Spike finds himself in a sticky situation that he can't talked his way out of.

A HUIGE thank you to my lovely beta Puppetcancer for going over this chapter for me. Also MASSIVE thank you to Edgehead (Mel) for the amazing banner *hugs sweetie*.
Chapter two

Sticky situations.

It had been two days since the “almost” kiss and Spike was desperately trying to forget about it. He had mostly been able to avoid Buffy, between band practices, gigs every other night and preparing for college, he had only seen her a few times and only for a few minutes at a time. Buffy had, on the other hand, been acting completely normal as if nothing had happened. This had just about confirmed for him that she had no intention of kissing him that day like he had at first thought and that had made him want to avoid her even more.

But he couldn’t avoid her now. His parents had asked to speak with them both and as much as he had tried to talk his way out of it they had insisted that it was important. This had him worried. What if they knew? What if they had finally started noticing the way he looked at Buffy? Had they seen the “almost kiss”? ”No”, he reminded himself, ”they were both at work”. Taking a deep breath he walked into the lounge room where they were all sitting, clearly waiting for him.

“Ah, William, good. Now we can start.” Giles smiled up at him. Spike nodded, taking a deep breath and took a seat next to Buffy, so they were both facing their parents.

“As you both know it’s only two weeks till William moves closer to the college campus…” Giles started, only to be cut off by a slightly annoyed Buffy.

“I personally don’t know why he has to move. It’s not like that college is miles away, it’s like right around the corner.”

“Regardless, this is William’s decision and we should respect that.”

“Whatever.” Buffy huffed crossing her arms across her chest.

“As I was saying, with only two weeks left before you move out William, and two more years before you graduate high school Buffy, your mother and I have decided that while you’re still here and able to watch your sister…” Giles found himself cut off one again.

“I can still help out with Buffy. As she said, it’s not like I’m far away.” Spike wanted to kick himself, he was moving out to get away from Buffy and his feelings for her and now he was offering to watch her when their parents were out and about.

“I don’t need a sitter, God, it’s not like I’m five years old anymore. I turn seventeen in like a month.” Buffy snapped.

“Would you two please let your father finish or we’ll be here all day.” Joyce laughed softly.

“As I was saying again, while you’re here for the next two weeks, Joyce and I have decided to go on a honeymoon.”

“Honeymoon? Didn’t you do that when you guys got married like sixteen years ago?” Buffy asked a little confused.

“No we didn’t. You see sweetie, William was only a toddler and you were still a newborn and we just didn’t feel right leaving you both with family at such a young age, so we decided to wait until you were both older and able to look after yourselves.” Joyce explained.

“So if we can both look after ourselves, why are you leaving Spike to babysit me?” Spike looked at Buffy, surprised. That was the second time Buffy had called him Spike and he had to admit he liked it a little too much.

“Buffy, you’re only sixteen years old…”

“I’m seventeen in a month.” she corrected her mother

“Regardless, I’m not leaving you home alone for two weeks.” Buffy knew by her mother’s tone of voice that she wasn’t going to win and decided to let the matter go. Spike felt panic grip him, it just occurred to him that he would be alone for two full and very long weeks with the object of his every desire and fantasy.

He had spend the past couple of days avoiding her because he had almost kissed her once and now he knew that with his parents gone and relying on him to watch over Buffy, he couldn’t avoid her any longer. There would be nights where if he wasn’t working, he would have to be home with her, both long days and nights with nothing to do but spend time with her.

As much as he wanted his parents to have the honeymoon they so completely deserved, there was no way he could spend two weeks alone with Buffy, without doing something that would land him into a world of trouble. He had to stop them from going.

“I can’t be here 24/7 to look after Buffy, I have practice and gigs. Some are in L.A and I can’t cancel them now.”

“And we’re not asking you to, William. When you're away nights for work, I’m sure Buffy can invite one of her friends over for the evening to stay with her and we definitely don’t expect you to stay home with Buffy during the day. Besides, with Buffy on school holidays I’m sure she will be so busy going shopping and to the beach with her friends that you will hardly see her.” Giles explained to him.

“So I can still go out with my friends?”

“Of course, Buffy.” Giles smiled

“What about to the Bronze or to parties at Cordy’s place?”

“As long as you tell William first and are home by your curfew, I don’t see why not.” Joyce agreed. Buffy nodded reluctantly.

“I guess that’s cool then.” Buffy agreed.

“Excellent, it’s settled then.” Giles smiled, standing with Joyce at his side. Spike looked up at them, trying to think of any reason to stop them from leaving, but when he saw their happy, smiling faces he knew he was done for.

There was no way he could stop them, it simply wasn’t fair of him. He would just have to control his feelings and pray that Buffy spent most of her time away from the house with her friends.

“We have written down the numbers where you can contact us and the ship number.”

“Ship number?” Spike asked, standing next to Buffy.

“Yes, your father is taking me on a cruise ship. I’ve always wanted to go on one.” Joyce beamed. Spike simply smiled, he was glad to see her so excited. She deserved the honeymoon she'd always wanted.

“We leave tomorrow morning.” Giles informed them, following Joyce out of the room and up the stairs to pack. It must have taken that last bit of information a few seconds for it to truly sink in for both Buffy and Spike, because by the time their heads snapped up in shock their parents had already disappeared into their room.


Chapter End Notes:
So chapter two up let me know if you still love it, hate it and want it to continue???