Author's Chapter Notes:
The lines between sibling love and more become blurred for Buffy and Spike ; )

A HUIGE thank you to my lovely beta Puppetcancer for going over this chapter for me so quickly *hugs*. Also MASSIVE thank you to Edgehead (Mel) for the amazing banner you the best hun!. I use a song in this chapter Goodnight sweet girl by Ghost of the robot. This is not mine and i don't own any of it.
Chapter 4

Blurring the lines

Spike and his band had been at the Bronze for the past hour and he had yet to see Buffy in the crowd, but the place was packed tonight so she could very well have arrived already. Usually when he played at the Bronze, Buffy would come up to the stage to let him know she was there, as he always reserved a table for her and her mates and to be honest he was worried that she hadn’t arrived yet.

He hadn’t seen or heard from her since she had left with her friends to go to the beach and while he was happy to have some distance between them, it didn’t stop him from worrying about her. If he was to be completely honest with himself, he hated it when she came here.

He saw the way guys would look at her. How they tried to slip up close when she danced, not that he could blame them. The only thing that got him harder then seeing Buffy walking around in her bikini was seeing Buffy dance. She moved like liquid sex and the worst part is, she was totally clueless to the effect she had on guys.

As if on cue, he looked up to see her walk in with Cordy and Willow and almost choked on the word he was singing. ”What in the bleeding hell is she wearing?” His mind screamed at the sight of her.

She wore a black leather skirt, a blood red singlet, knee high boots and, “thankfully” he thought, a black leather jacket. ”At least she left something to the bloody imagination.” He may as well have swallowed his words when she slipped the jacket off, dumping it on a table he had kept reserved for her and her friends.

For the next two hours Spike spent most of his time desperately trying not to look at Buffy. She hadn’t moved from her table, spending the majority of the time talking and giggling with her friends. Guys had come to them, of course, trying to talk to them but they had thankfully blown them off.

Although while grateful, Spike didn’t understand why. Buffy, Cordy and Willow were all beautiful girls and none of them were dating anyone, so he couldn’t help but wonder why they were so quick to turn every guy down.

Buffy was getting annoyed. Spike hadn’t looked at her once. She had worn her sexist outfit in a bid to get his attention. She knew it was wrong, he was her brother and she was only sixteen, ”Almost seventeen,” her mind corrected her, but she couldn’t help it.

She knew he would be here tonight, on stage where he could see her at all times and as if on autopilot she started to dress to please him. Black leather and blood red, his two favorite things to see a woman wearing and she knew it.

That’s why she was so surprised he hadn’t shown her even a second of attention. Usually they would have taken a break by now, he would come over with the band and say hi to them. That was always a highlight when they performed here. Not only did it have all the other girls in the club shooting hateful daggers at them, but Willow got to flirt with Oz who she had a huge thing for and now that Cordy’s crush for Spike was pretty much over, her affections had started to lean towards Angel.

But it seemed tonight they were not going to take any breaks, at least not anytime soon. It was almost like Spike was intentionally avoiding her, hell he wouldn’t even look at her for more than a few seconds at a time and it was really starting to annoy her.

Deciding she had had enough of being ignored, she grabbed Willow and Cordy and dragged them onto the dance floor. Making sure to be right in the center, so the band had a good view of them. She would make him pay attention to her if it was the last thing she did.

Are we done for now, or is this for good, will there be something in time? With us there should. Only girl for me is you There can be no other one if I didn't have faith. I would come undone.

Buffy swayed her hips to the beat. The song wasn’t fast but it wasn’t slow either. It was just right for her to do her sexy dance as she called it. Lifting her arms up she pushed her head back slightly, golden curls falling from around her face down her back, exposing her neck and cleavage to anyone who was watching.

So much promise in your eyes, seems that I can only see. It always makes me wonder, if you save it all for me. Maybe you do, maybe you don't, maybe you should, probably won’t...

Spike couldn’t take his eyes off her as he continued to sing. She was moving as if the dance floor was made just for her. Guys were starting to form around the three women but they seemed to be oblivious to it or the effect they were having on the men in the club.

Because there will be... There will be other guys, who will whisper in your ear; say they'll take away your sadness and your fears. They may be kind and true. They may be good to you but they'll never care for you more than I do

Spike regretted his decision to look Buffy in the eyes the second she looked up at him. She didn’t stop dancing though, sliding her hands down her body, over the swell of her breast, down her taunt tummy to rest on her hips. She licked her lips an action which should have been innocent enough but made Spike skin burn with need.

Was she teasing him on purpose? Trying to torture him? If that was the case then she had succeeded for sure. His mind was screaming at him to turn his eyes away from her, to break eye contact, but as much as he willed himself he just simply couldn’t.

I'll be always there, there to the end. I can't do much but be your one true friend. To the end, to the end. A life to spend with each other till the end of time...

It was his own words that seemed to break the spell between them. A simple line, A life to spend with each other till the end of time. something he knew they could never have, not really. No one would ever accept them as a couple, not their friends and definitely not their family. He could never give Buffy what she deserves, a normal happy relationship.

Spike looked away from Buffy and she felt her heart break as he looked anywhere but down at her. She had been so into the dance she had almost forgotten where she was. It was like they were the only two people in the room. Her skin had become red hot as moisture pooled between her thighs but now that was all over and all she felt was empty.

Still see the promise in your eyes and still wonder if it's for me but i know it's still there even when you sleep. So I say, good night sweet girl

The song ended and the crowd cheered. Announcing they were taking a break the band moved off stage. Spike never looked down at Buffy. Moving back to their table Buffy waited for the band to come out and see them.

It didn’t take long for the band to come out and make a bee line straight for their table. Angel and Oz where quick to take seats beside Cordy and Willow while everyone talked.

“Where’s Spike?” Buffy asked looking around

“I think he went to the bar” Oz replied

“Might grab a drink myself, you guys want anything?” After a few muttered no's, Buffy headed over to the bar, fixing her hair along the way so it sat in waves around her shoulders. Buffy put a sweet, innocent smile on her face, feeling confident but the sight in front of her made her stop abruptly.

Her whole world shattered in front of her. There was Spike leaning against the bar talking to his ex, Cecily Price. Yuck! She wanted to gag at the sight of Spike rubbing his hand up and down her bare arm.

Cecily was leaning into his touch clearly flirting with him. Buffy couldn’t believe it. He had broken up with Cecily two months ago because the tramp had been sleeping with a guy Spike graduated high school with, Parker Abrams. The two guys had never been friends actually they hated each other and when Spike had caught Parker and Cecily together he had broken Parker’s nose and dumped Cecily.

So why in the hell was he flirting with her? Spike looked up to see Buffy staring at him and Cecily. He knew it was wrong to be leading Cecily on but he needed something, anything to distract him from Buffy. Looking away from Buffy he leaned in cupping Cecily’s check and kissing her.

Cecily didn’t pull away in fact she pulled him closer deepening the kiss and by the time they parted he could see Buffy had disappeared into the crowd.

An hour had past and he had barely caught a glimpse of Buffy since seeing her near the bar, he was almost convinced she had gone home until he spotted her talking to some beefy jock from her school.

Cameron was his name if he remembered correctly and he had a reputation as a love them and leave them type. He was also in his final year at Sunnydale High, so definitely older than Buffy.

Spike waited for her to give him the brush off that never came. Instead he was forced to watch as she giggled and flirted with the git. Soon they were on the dance floor together and the sight made Spike want to scratch his own eyes out. Buffy had never been the type to just pick up some random guy at a club but here she was with a bloke that sure she knew from school but he had never seen her say even two words to.

They were dancing, rubbing themselves against each other. Spike watched as Cameron rubbed his hands all over Buffy, occasionally whispering something in her ear which would either lead to her giggling or blushing, either way Spike didn’t like it one bit.

When he saw Cameron whisper in her ear again and her nod, he knew something wasn’t right. Buffy held Cameron’s hand and after stopping at her empty table to grab her jacket, they headed out of the club together.

Spike felt panic grip him, this was not like Buffy at all, quickly finishing the song he announced they were taking a short break and moving quickly through the crowd and out of the club. Spike felt the cold night air hit him as he stepped outside looking around he searched for any sign of Buffy. When he heard soft talking Spike moved fast.

Turning into the ally that ran up the side of the Bronze Spike could see Buffy clearly now. Backed against the ally wall, Cameron seemed to have his hands everywhere at once while kissing down Buffy’s neck. She clearly wasn’t enjoying herself, if anything she looked disgusted and Spike had to admit the sight in front of him made him sick.

This was so out of character for Buffy and all Spike wanted to do was slap some sense into her. When he saw Cameron’s meaty hands moving up her leg to go under her skirt he had decided enough was enough. Moving fast he came up behind Cameron unheard, grabbing the back of his shirt he pulled him away from Buffy.

“She’s only bloody sixteen years old” he snapped pushing the guy to the ground “Get gone!” he hissed the look on his face daring the idiot to challenge him but it seemed Cameron knew better, scrambling to his feet he ran out of the ally and disappeared into the darkness.

“Oh my god, embarrass me much?” Buffy hissed at him as he turned to face her.

“No luv, you were doing a pretty good job of that yourself,” he went back at her. Stung and hurt by his words, her hand left her side before she had a chance to stop herself, slapping him hard as she glared.

“It’s none of your business and for your information; I’m seventeen in like a month.” She snapped, storming past him only to be stopped when his hand gripped her arm, pulling her back and slamming her into the wall, not hard enough to hurt her but enough to shock her.

“What the hell is your problem?” She snapped. Spike looked at her face red with anger, skin hot and cock hard he tried to stop himself but before he knew what was happening his lips were smashing down onto hers.

Buffy was stunned but quickly responded, parting her lips she moaned at the feel of his tongue touching hers. It was better than any fantasy either of them had ever had, she felt her skin go hot with lust, moisture pool into her already wet panties as she started to grind herself into his rock hard erection.

She knew it had been a mistake the second she'd done it, because she felt him stiffen under her touch. It was as if in that one action he came crashing back to reality, pulling away from her he stepped back out of her grasp. Running a hand through his curls he struggled to look at her.

“Buffy, I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have done that, it was a ...” he started but she quickly stopped him.

“Don’t, don’t say it,” she sighed shaking her head. Straightening her clothes, she went to move past him again, she needed to get out of there, the thought of hearing him say it was a mistake was too much to bear, but again he stopped her.

“You're only sixteen years old...”

“Almost seventeen.”

“And my sister,” she looked up hurt; she knew it was true but she wished it wasn’t. She knew this was wrong but she still wanted it. “This can never happen again, Buffy,” he whispered, more so trying to convince himself than her.

“What if I want it to.... happen again... more than just a kiss though,” she stuttered, taking a chance but scared to death.

“Don’t say that... please I can’t hear you say that,” he replied pacing.

“Why?” She asked. She clearly had no idea what a loaded question that was. Taking a deep breath he stopped pacing looking up at her.

“Cause then I’ll never be able to stop this.”

“So don’t,” she whispered, moving forward to cup his cheek, “would it really be so wrong?” Looking at her he moved back once more.

“You’re my sister.”

“Half,” she corrected.

“What?” he asked slightly confused.

“I’m your half sister.”

“You’re still my bloody sister Buffy, you're still my blood and we still share the same bloody father.” He growled, stalking towards her until she was backed up against the wall again, his body pressed up against hers.

He felt his body tremble at being so close to her again and felt his resolve start to waver. Cupping her cheek, he moved in again but as he saw her eyes flutter, surrendering to him so easily, he stopped. Closing his eyes, he gritted his teeth, fighting for control.

“Go home, Buffy,” he snapped, opening his eyes.

“What?” she asked, stunned.

“Go bloody home!” He yelled, pushing away from her. Hurt and heartbroken she pushed past him, stopping but not bothering to look back at him.

“Go to hell, Spike.” She hissed, before running out of the ally and all the way home with tears in her eyes. Going inside, she ran up to her room, slamming the door behind her where she collapsed on her bed, sobbing.


Chapter End Notes:
I wanted to say sorry for the last chapter being so short i don't know why i cut it off so short but i promise from now on good size chapters starting with this one : ) Let me know what you think.