Author's Chapter Notes:
I changed the point of view so please go back and reread, thanks to Bruni who helped me realize how stupid it was to use third person! This story was actually supposed to have a different plot but I changed it last minute because it wasn't working! also sorry it took me so long to update again I broke my arm so typing is not fun! oh and PS thanks to gopher101 for reviewing and my email address is chrysanthemum.eisenburg@yahoo.com so if you still want to beta please contact me I could use the help!
Right then in there is when Spike fell deeply in love with Buffy Anne Summers; right then is when he promised himself that someday she would become Buffy Anne Giles.”
Present
“He mentioned that in our vows” I said wistfully. Then I felt the searing pain that we were no longer married.
“Oh sweetie” they all said, and the nurses got up to give me a hug. Veronika sat there offering silent support.

“As the eventful first year of Junior High began winding down, I couldn’t help but stop and ponder the changes in myself and my friends. Spike was acting very different ever since the day that he apologized, he was nice and always stood up for me, but he always seemed to be holding back… It seemed like he was having trouble saying something important to me. Otherwise everyone in our slowly expanding group [which consisted of Willow and Oz *the couple* Xander, Tara *the shy girl that I took under my wing when Cordelia decided to be particularly nasty one day* Jessie, Anya *the new girl from L.A. who really seemed to hit it off with Xander* Spike, and me] got along.”

“Although a lot had changed, things mostly stayed the same; Spike still argued with me no matter how nice he was, he was still popular and Ghost of the Robot was still together and going strong. Of course I still had my ever expanding crush on him and he loved me little did I know at the time. I was the geek and he was Mr. Popular. It seems as like no matter what I did to enhance my appearance it still wasn’t enough *my insecurities were still in full force then*.”
*&*

“And so with the conclusion of our seventh grade year we were still an utter mess and it was only a matter of time before the shite hit the preverbal fan.”
*&*

“The summer was spectacular uneventful though like the calm before a storm… I went on Cruz’s to Alaska and Mexico and got to spend time camping with my Dad. The Summers and Giles clans actually had many cookouts and BBQ’s. Spike and I had a blast playing with water balloons, riding our bikes for hours only to get ice creams that would melt down our arms in the heat leaving us as sticky messes. Our favorite hangout was actually about a mile away from our houses near the outskirts of town an old abandoned tree house that was several stories high and wound around and old oak tree with swopping branches and a gnarled trunk that seemed to touch the sky. It was located near was the old creek and on days when it was hot we would sit on the bank drinking luke warm soda and eating our pb&j’s while dipping or toes in the water.”

“The only thing our spot was missing was a swing so we built one, that was made of course blue rope from Lawson’s Hardware store. We had tied the rope around the huge branch that stood out, just below the base of the tree house. We would spend hours swinging back and forth and laughing.”

Present

“You seem to have some good times” Veronika said.

“Yes” I replied “we had some really great times.”
Beep Beep beep went Marge’s beeper. “Oh, Mr. Stevenson needs his meds, make sure to catch me up later!”

“Now back to the story.”

Past
*&*

“The best part about our place is that it was in fact our place, no one knew about it. We seemed to really get along that summer and it was a start. Especially, when I fell for Spike.”

“It had to be the hottest day of the year and I hated the heat so I was on the balcony of the second story on out tree house huddling in the shade trying to read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin. It was sweltering and too hot for me to be in the creek, Spike was across from me his hair was still bleached blonde on the ends from the time we dyed it, he was drawing the landscape and we were chatting about inconsequential things. When suddenly I leaned back too far from laughing at his joke and found myself hurtling over the edge on the platform I was on. I managed to twist in time and hold on with my hand for dear life. Meanwhile Spike had jumped up and ran towards me he grabbed my arm and stared pulling me up when my dress caught on a branch that suddenly snapped back flinging us both over the side. As we began the 18 foot plummet downwards, he reached his right arm out and caught our swing rope but his arm turned awkwardly with our combined weights his arm was broken. He still continued to hold onto me and the rope, even as we swung into the tree and he smacked his head on the side hitting yet another stray branch that cut his eye brow open.”

“He somehow managed to lower us both down on the ground and when we reached the bottom, even though I didn’t receive a scratch he asked me if I was okay. That is when I fell deeply in love with William Giles; he risked his life for me and then asked if I was okay.”
*&*

Present

“Oh my, was he okay” asked Louis.

“Yes, but that is how he got that scar on his eyebrow.”

Past

“From there we walked home hand and hand. As soon as we got there Jenny took us both to the hospital, I was in shock from the whole thing and Spike was in a whole lot of pain and covered in blood. We ended up telling Jenny that I climbed a tree and he hurt himself falling down, that way we could go back to our secret spot. We both felt bad for lying to her. He ended up getting 13 stiches; he thought it was the coolest thing ever though. I remember him telling me he liked them, they made him feel manly.”

“Needless to say we were both much more careful in our tree house after that incident.”
*&*



Chapter End Notes:
Please tell me what you think I am dying to know!