Home
Register
Recent
Categories
Authors
Series
Titles
Completed
Help
Search
Betas
Links
Find-A-Fic
Spuffy Twitter
LiveJournal
Top 10
Contact Us


RSS

Chit-Chat

Pari
12/08/23 10:15 pm
Thank you nmcil :)
nmcil
12/03/23 05:03 am
Congratulations and Thank You for all the years of your wonderful site.
Pari
10/26/23 05:23 pm
Also, the search link is in the menu on other Skins. I will add it to this one ASAP
Pari
10/26/23 05:12 pm
Can add /search.php to url. I will add it to menu as soon as I can

Support

Powered by FundRazr

Author's Corner

How Did it Come to This? by Santhy


This Has been viewed 1052 times

Chapter Notes: Okay with the help of my wonderful beta gopher101, I again revised the story Please go back and read because the plot has changed and it is much better! Thanks for reading! Oh and the great new idea's are all from gopher101 she is a smart cookie bring this story back from the very bad path it was going on!
Present Day

“So” said Marge “What did I miss, when I was giving Mr. Stevenson his meds?”

“Not much” Louis the other nurse replied, “Just how Spike got that scar over his eyebrow and how she fell in love with him.”

“What…” Marge exclaimed!

“Well” I replied, “We had a great transitional summer in which we got along and found a secret tree house when one day I almost fell he caught and saved me in the process of breaking his arm and receiving a rather nasty gash across his eyebrow, and that is how I fell in love with him. I actually was the first person to sign his cast. I signed it Love Buffy.” This was all said with a rather nostalgic smile on my face.

“Wow, that must have hurt,” Marge

“Well it hurt but not as much as Drusilla did,” I replied because even after all this time, it still hurt me to this day.
Marge sat up that,

“I thought Drusilla was out after that prank with the note.”

“Well not exactly, let me tell you another story.”

FLASHBACK 8TH GRADE YEAR

“The days after the accident were filled with excitement and anticipation about going back to school as eighth graders. Both Spike and I were getting ready. I was organizing my backpack and proof reading my summer homework. Spike was getting his band ready; the school had booked them to play every Friday at lunch as part of a stay in school program.”

“I was thrilled to get back to school it was my comfort zone where I was able to excel, and where I got to hang out with my friends 24/7. Spike and I had all of our classes together again, but this time we choose to sit next to each other, instead of being forced to do it. As our friendships began to grow, so did our love for each other. We were terrified to let the other know though. I was a geek and not good enough for him. Little did I know my brains made him feel that he was not good enough for me.”

“That first Friday I was sitting in the cafeteria when Spike stood on that stage looking extremely hot and announced Ghost of the Robot. He seemed to have nerves of steel and the whole school respected him for it. When he started to sing though it was magical, it was the first time that a hush fell over Sunnydale Junior High. There was no babbling pre-teens, no obnoxious noises just the sound of the instruments, and Spike’s melodic voice.”

“’O you didn't even care
What they said about you
And you ran away from there
Made a home
And you filled it with
A candle on a cinder block
And a matress on the floor
This town baby,this town baby
Is gonna be ours
This town baby,this town baby
is gonna be ours,
oOoours

You find a man
And he swears to protect you
From the dark
And you love him
And you try even harder
And it feels good
And you don't give a damn

This town baby this town baby
Is gonna be ours
This town baby this town baby
Is gonna be ours
oOoours

I got a job at the hotel
And my car runs good
And builders move in now
I got my place
And i got me a plan
And i make a little money
And ill take you home
If you just look at me


This town baby this town baby
Is gonna be ours
This town baby this town baby
Is gonna be ours
oOoours’”


“So as the year continued with our friendship intact, Drusilla came storming back in. Deciding that Spike was now popular because of his band, she proceeded to pursue him by coming to his practices. She eventually wheedled her way into our group, which no one except Spike who enjoyed the attention she poured over him, was too happy about. She seemed to give off this bad vibe everyone (but Spike) could pick up on. I hated her, and Willow in girl code solidarity offer to put prune juice in her chocolate milk.”
Present day

“So did she,” Lois asked, after about a minute of me kind of drifting off lost in my memories>

“Did who do what,” I asked back forgetting the last bit story.

After a rather loud sigh, “Did Willow put prune juice in her milk”

“No but I wish she did, knowing what I do know,” giving a small smile.

“Go on.”

Back to 8th grade

“Well, after about six months of Drusilla’s relentless pursuit spike gave in and asked her out. He had almost given up on me wanting anything more that friendship from him. He was hoping his feelings would go away because he still taught he did not deserve me. Also the fact I began to distance myself the moment Drusilla came into the picture helped him make his decision”

I finished giving a rather loud sigh myself. This is more difficult than I thought it would be.

Present

“What happen next, “Lois asked eager for more of the drama that is my life.

Back to 8th grade

One of the most vivid days was the day I walked into the cafeteria and Spike was sitting at our table while Drusilla was on his lap kissing his cheek while they were holding hands. I never felt such disappointment before as it settled in my gut and began to freeze. I dropped my tray and ran to the nurse’s office. I ended up going home that day.

While I cried in my pillow, I hardened my resolve. I wouldn’t let him get to me. I would go out and get a boyfriend and then I would rub it into their snotty faces. I, geeky Buffy Anne Summers, was going to get a boyfriend.

The next day I dressed like a girl on a mission. My shortest black skirt, the one I never wore to school, my white blouse with the small straps that were decorated in pale pink flowers, and strappy pink sandals with the four-inch heal. My hair was curled and my makeup done to perfection.

The second I walked into school I could feel people’s eyes on me; I ignored them searching the quad for him. Spotting him by his ignorant jock friends, I walked over. When he finally looked up I gave him a dazzling smile, and continued to move closer. He told his friends something and then they all scampered off. As I reached him, he had a big smile on his goonish looking face; I mentally cringed when I saw it.

Well here goes nothing; I reached my hand up to stroke his rather small bicep. Playing dumb I asked Angel how he was, while sticking out my cleavage as far as I could without giving myself a hernia.

“Great Buff, you look hot,” came his rather asinine reply.
Giggling, I replied, “well to tell you the truth I dressed liked this to impress you Angel. Would you like to be my boyfriend?”

I gave him a wink to go along with it, laying it on real thick.

“Sure Buff. Give me a kiss,” he replied, with his eyebrows going high onto to forehead

I obliged his demand, while trying not to vomit. After all I got what I wanted didn’t I?

Unbeknownst to me at the time someone across the quad watched the whole exchange. With his face contorted in anger and pain, he turned quickly and stalked off.
Chapter Endnotes: Please don't kill me otherwise you won't stick around to see bad thing happen to Drusilla and Angel! Okay tell me what you think of the changes!