Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to gopher101 for her amazing input and betaing skills!
P.S. Review to make Buffy and Spike goodness happen!
Chapter 7; Misdirections and miscommunications

Unbeknownst to me at the time someone across the quad watched the whole exchange. With his face contorted in anger and pain, he turned quickly and stalked off.


Present

“You mean that he???”

“Saw you???”

“Kissing Angel???” all three girls interjected.

“Yes, he told me later on, but there is more to the story first.”


Past

I pulled away quickly, disguising my disgust before my new ‘boyfriend’ could see…

“That was great Buff” he said with that sloppy neanderthal grin that I hate.

“Sure” I said plastering a fake smile on my face to the point that it hurt. Well I got what I wanted, didn’t I? I am now dating the great poof. Yippee! I believe that he didn’t brush his teeth that mourning. And with that thought, I repressed the urge to vomit, yet again.

“Come on, Buffy I have to walk my girl to class,” said Angel throwing his huge arm across my shoulders as the mourning bell rang. I stumbled in my shoes finding it hard to mantain balance under his arm. Great I thought, just great! Well at least this way Spike will be able to see that I am not some dork that can’t look pretty or get a boyfriend.

“Bye Angel,” I said when we reached Mrs. Masons English class.

“Bye Buff,” he said before lifting me off the ground to kiss me. When I began to struggle he broke it off, setting me clumsily back on my feet.

Smoothng my hair down as I walked into class, I looked into Spike's eyes. Big mistake they were smoldering with white anger the crisp blue darkened to a stormy dark blue, his hands were clenched at his sides, and his jaw was clenched. I felt a rush go down my spine before he broke eye contact taking his seat. I stood there speechless that one look did more to me than Ange'ls kiss ever did or ever would.

When I took my seat he deliberately looked away his jaw still ticking, his entire form was tightened. I slowly placed my hand on his arm which was much firmer than Angel's. He slowly turned to look at me, his eyes softented just a little bit before the hardened again fitting the harsh sound of his voice before his spat out “What do you want Summers?”

“I was wondering why you are so upset with me Spike, I thought we were friends,” it sounded like a question instead of a statement.

He closed his eyes taking a deep breath before letting it out. He seemed to be having an internal debate. I watched with fear imbedded deep in my gut as he opened his mouth. “We were. That is before you started dating Peaches,” he said as he sounded tired and defeated.

I could feel my heart break, sure he noticed that I had got a date, but now it all seemed too trivial. Now Angel was my first kiss. I swallowed before replying, my voice sounding cold, even to me.

“I feel the same way about Drucilla and you. Maybe I was tired of always being the odd one out. I wanted a boyfriend, I mean Willow has Oz, Xander has Anya, Tara has Jessie, and now you have Dru. What was I supposed to do stay single and be the ninth wheel all the time? Grow up Spike!”

He sat there dumbstruck as I got up asking Mrs. Mason if I could use the restroom. Once I had the pass in hand I ran and hid in the restroom crying my eyes out because just for a second I hoped that maybe he liked me instead of hating Angel. I was wrong.


Present

“Oh honey,” Veronika said, “that is just horrible.”

“How horrible,” came Louis's reply as she hugged me.

“I am going to kick him if I ever see him now,” exclaimed Marge

I laughed at how supportive they all were despite just meeting me and how different they are. I took this time to examine my companion closers than just their names and why they were there.

Veronika was a pale brunette with beautiful features and large violet eyes. She was the voice of reason with a wry sense of humor past her twenty some years.

Louis was a middle aged mom with chestnut hair pulled back into a smooth ponytail and large spectacles perched on her very tan nose making eye eyes seem even greener. She seemed to be a voice of compassion looking after everyone.

Marge was a slightly plump nurse with long black hair, tawny skin, and chocolate eyes. She had an attitude that could stop traffic and was very opinionated.

I think that they all worked wonders together, each helping me in their own unique way.


Chapter End Notes:
Sorry for this chapter being so short it just seemed like a great place to end it! Tune in next week to see the next installment! Oh please please please review! I really want to hear what everyone thinks of the story!