Chapter 10

It didn’t take long for the news about Ted to spread throughout school, and now Buffy was causing stares for more than just the fact she was dating a celebrity. Luckily, no one brought up what happened in front of her. She just wanted to put the whole thing behind her and move on.

“Tara’s an excellent actress, don’t get me wrong, but she’s having a problem with the intimate scenes,” Spike said, stopping to look at her when she remained quiet. “Is this okay to talk about? I know she’s your friend.”

Buffy shrugged. “It’s fine, what is she having trouble with?”

“Whenever we’re supposed to kiss, she gets very tense. I don’t know if it’s just because she’s shy, but I’ve tried to make her feel comfortable. I don’t know what else I can do.”

Buffy smiled. “Well, I can tell you it’s not because she’s shy. This is all new for Tara; she’s never had to kiss a guy before. I guess it would be a little awkward.”

He raised his eyebrows in confusion. “I was her first kiss?”

She shook her head, trying to keep a straight face. “No, you’re just her first kiss with a man. Tara’s interests lie elsewhere, which could explain why she keeps tensing up, but I know she’ll get better at it.”

“Ah, yeah, that would explain it. All right, we have a lot more work than I thought.”

“I’ll talk to her,” Buffy replied. “She knows we’re together now and Tara is very loyal, she probably sees it as a betrayal to be kissing my boyfriend, but I’ll tell her not to worry about it.”

Spike was relieved for that, pecking her on the cheek. “Thanks ever so, have you seen Angel today? I’ve been calling the wanker’s cell phone, but I keep getting sent to voice mail.”

She shrugged again. “Nope, haven’t seen him.”


* * * * *



Buffy threw open the door of the janitor’s closet, glaring at the two people inside.

“Oh, look, new blackmail material. You know, I would expect this from her, but not from someone in his thirties. You’re just lucky the principal didn’t find you instead,” Buffy told the bane of her existence.

Angel looked ashamed of his actions, stepping out of the closet.

“God, is it your mission to keep ruining my life? You’re dating Spike, why do you care who I fool around with? It’s not even a teacher this time,” Cordelia whined.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Right, this is such a step up. No offense,” she said to Angel. “Spike’s been calling you, I covered for you this time, but it’s not something I’ll be making a habit of.”

“Yeah, thanks, I’ll see you later,” he said the last part to Cordelia, taking off down the hall.

The brunette crossed her arms over her chest. “You are such a buzz kill, and a fucking hypocrite on top of that. Getting on my case for screwing older men, when you were doing the same thing with your mother’s boyfriend. That’s just disgusting.”

Buffy clenched her fists at her side. “That was not the same thing and you know it, I wasn’t with him by choice. He forced me, and if you think I could possibly get any pleasure from that, you’re beyond delusional.”

“I see why Spike hasn’t left you yet. It’s because he feels sorry for you, but do you think he’ll be faithful when he goes back to England? He’ll be gone for months, lots of temptation to keep him busy. I guarantee you’re the last person he’ll be thinking about.”

Buffy watched her walk away, a look of hatred on her features. Cordelia was just jealous, that’s all there was to it. For once in her life, she wasn’t picked first and the cheerleader couldn’t stand that. Buffy refused to believe there was any truth to her words, but a part of her wondered if maybe things were moving too fast between her and Spike.


* * * * *


“Is he mad at me?”

Buffy shook her head. “He’s not mad, but you really don’t have to hold back. I know he’s not your type, but it’s only acting, you can do whatever you want. If it helps, close your eyes during the kissing scenes and picture someone you’re actually interested in.”

Tara blushed at that, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. “I’m not really interested in anyone. Spike is a very attractive man, whether he’s my type or not, but are you sure you don’t mind?”

She waved her hand in the air. “Don’t worry about me; I’m not even a factor. You have so much potential to make this an amazing movie, Tara. Just go out there and kick some ass, or something a little less violent.”

Tara laughed. “I’ll try my best. Thanks again for recommending me; this whole experience has been pretty great. I never thought I would get the chance to do anything like this. I’m…I’m glad you’re okay.”

Buffy agreed, knowing what she was referring to without needing to ask. “I will be.”


* * * * *


“I don’t know what you said to her, but it’s like Tara is a changed woman. She performs those scenes like an expert, the awkwardness is still there, but she’s better about hiding it. We only have one scene left to complete.”

One more scene, and then he was off to London. Buffy never realized until now just how much she would miss him. They’ve already spent five years away from each other; a couple of months would even be too long. “I’m glad for that.”

Spike gave her a squeeze as they headed out of the school. “Am I taking you home?”

She shook her head, her mom was working late and being alone in that house was the last thing she wanted at the moment. “Could we go back to your hotel? I just hate being at the house by myself. He’s still out there somewhere, and even with a patrol car watching us, I still don’t feel safe.”

He nodded in understanding. “To the hotel it is, anything special you have in mind?”

A sly grin was his only response.


* * * * *


“Fuck, love, we don’t have to do this.”

Buffy prowled up his naked body, licking his toned chest. “I want to. It’s a little something to remember me by when you leave.”

He stopped her from sucking his neck, pulling away to look at her. “I will be coming back, pet. You don’t have to do anything for me to remember you, if you’re not ready, we can wait for my return. There’s no rush, I would wait forever if I had to.”

She sat up, letting out a sigh. “I know, but a lot could happen in a few months. This isn’t just about you, I hate knowing that Ted was the last person I was with. Hell, the only person, I want his memory wiped away. I want us to completely start over and I know that if we do this, I won’t have any regrets.”

Spike kissed her then, slowly removing the rest of her clothes. “I love you. Nothing could ever change that. Whether I spend a few months, or even a few years in London, I will always love you.”

“Make love to me,” she whispered.

He wasn’t one to be told twice, lowering her down on the bed and covering her body with his. “I don’t have any condoms on me, but I can probably borrow one from Angel.”

Buffy stopped him from getting up, shaking her head. “That’s okay; I’ve been on the pill for over a year now. It was first to regulate my periods, but then everything with Ted…” her voice trailed off, not wanting to finish that sentence. This was about making new memories, not reliving the dreadful ones.

“Just look at me, baby. We’re the only two people in the world,” he told her, cupping her cheek before meeting his lips with hers in a soft caress. Spike sucked and licked every inch of her delectable body, licking a path down her breasts, to her smooth stomach, and finally reaching her bare pussy. He pushed two fingers inside of her, feeling how wet she was already. “If anything gets to be too much, feel free to let me know. We can stop at any time.”

Buffy nodded, moaning when she felt a tongue invade her moist center, and biting her bottom lip to keep from screaming.

“So bloody delicious,” he muttered, feasting on her pussy like a man starved. “Let yourself go, love, I’ll catch you.”

She cried out her release, digging her nails in his shoulders.

Spike lapped up every bit of her juices, not letting any of it go to waste. Before she could come down from her high, he positioned his cock over her entrance and slid home in one quick thrust.

Buffy gasped, throwing her head back as he fucked her hard and fast. “God, don’t stop,” she panted.

“No intention of that,” he responded, making his thrusts harder. Spike felt that she was close, lowering his hand to slip his thumb into her cunny, rubbing her clit and bringing her even closer to release. He smashed his mouth to hers when her orgasm hit, following right behind her as they both rode out their orgasms together. Spike lay on top of her, breathing heavily in the afterglow, moving to her side after a moment as to not crush her.

Buffy rested her head on his chest, trying to catch her breath. “That was wonderful.”

He smiled, nuzzling her cheek. “Took the words right out of my mouth, sweetheart. I’ve never felt anything so incredible in my life.”

She wrapped her arms around him in a tight embrace; nothing had ever felt more right to her. This was where she belonged, and for the first time in a long while, Buffy finally felt safe, but the doubts were still clouding her mind. She tried to push them away as she drifted off to a peaceful sleep.