Chapter 12

“When’s your mum coming home?”

Buffy flung her head back to give him better access to her throat as he lavished her with kisses. “Not until later, I’d say we have at least five hours.”

He grinned, loving the sound of that.

It wasn’t long before they were both entirely naked.

Spike sucked her nipples, lowering his hand down to her pussy and sliding three fingers into her, delighted by how wet she was already. His mouth met hers as he continued to thrust his digits inside, catching her scream when she came. He immediately replaced his fingers with his tongue, tasting every bit of her delectable juice. “Fuck, you’re delicious.”

Buffy shut her eyes as he ate her out, biting her bottom lip in the process. Nothing had ever felt so good before. “Please, need you inside,” she panted, surprised to even say that much.

He was happy to oblige once he brought her off a second time, positioning his cock at her entrance and sliding home in one quick thrust. Spike crashed his lips to hers, pounding her into the mattress. For the next several minutes, all that could be heard were the sounds of their bodies slapping together, and heavy breathing. He buried his head against her neck, making his thrusts faster and roaring out his release a moment later, feeling her come undone right behind him. “I love you so much,” he whispered, pulling out of her after a few seconds. He moved to her side, wrapping his arms around her and feeling content when she rested her head on his chest.

“I love you, too.”

Spike gave her a squeeze, kissing the top of her head. There was no doubt in his mind that this was definitely where he belonged.


* * * * *


He strolled through the cafeteria without a care in the world, heading over to a specific table where Buffy was seated with her mates. Spike smiled when he reached his destination, handing over a bouquet of roses to a certain blonde.

“For my beautiful costar,” he said, noticing the blush that tinted Tara’s cheeks. Spike then took one of the roses from the bouquet and gave it to Buffy. “For my beautiful girlfriend,” he claimed, a kiss to her lips following his gesture. Spike could sense envious stares on them from the rest of the student body, but his attention was only on the three women in front of him. He decided to take out another rose for Willow, not wanting her to feel left out. After giving Buffy an additional kiss, he cleared his throat before addressing the rest of the students, figuring it was time to make a statement. “I wanted to thank everyone for letting me use your lovely school these last few weeks. I really enjoyed my time here, and I do hope you all will like the movie when it comes out. It’s very close to my heart. If anyone is interested, I will be signing autographs in the gym after the final bell.” His declaration was followed by a burst of applause, sitting down to join the ladies until their lunch hour was over.

“What? I don’t get a flower?”

Spike rolled his eyes at the appearance of Xander Harris, remembering him as one of Buffy’s friends, but also knew the bloke had a crush on his girl. It seemed Buffy was oblivious to it, though. “Sorry, mate, you’re just not pretty enough.”

Xander sat down at the table. “So, guess you’ll be leaving us soon, huh?”

Spike pulled Buffy closer to his side, glaring at the boy. “It’s only temporary; I’ll be back before you know it. Have a very important reason for sticking around now,” he remarked, kissing her cheek.

It was Xander’s turn to roll his eyes. “You’re out of your league here, bleach boy. The small town life will never be enough for you; I don’t want my friend getting hurt when you realize that and come to your senses.”

“Xander, that’s enough,” Buffy spoke up. “My relationship is none of your business.”

He shrugged. “I’m just looking out for you, Buffster. How do you know you can really trust this guy? You’re vulnerable right now, and he’s just taking advantage.”

“Excuse me, but this guy is sitting right here. If you have something to say to me, say it to my face.”

“Fine, I don’t think you’re good enough for her,” Xander spat.

Spike noticed that everyone in the cafeteria was now focused on them, but wouldn’t lower himself to this wanker’s level. “I don’t really care what you think of me, all that matters is what she thinks. If she wants to be with me, there’s really nothing you can do about it.”

Buffy placed a calming hand on his arm. “Let’s go for a walk, I’ve suddenly lost my appetite.” She pulled Spike up, scowling at Xander as they left the cafeteria, and feeling satisfied when she heard Willow smack him across the head.


* * * * *


“I’m sorry about that. I don’t know what his problem is,” Buffy explained when they got outside.

“I do, the bloke has a thing for you. He’s just lucky I save all the fighting for my films, you don’t know how badly I wanted to hit him.”

She shook her head. “Xander doesn’t think of me that way, he’s just a friend.”

Spike chuckled, leading her over to a nearby bench. “Oh, love, you are so adorably dense. Trust me, he thinks of you as more than a friend. The moron is too busy lusting after you to notice that Red has it bad for him.”

Her eyes widened. “Wait, Willow has a crush on Xander? How could I not know this? We usually tell each other everything.”

He shrugged. “She probably didn’t say anything because of his crush on you, but I’m generally good at detecting these things.”

“Obviously, you’ve only been here for a little over a month and you seem to know my friends better than I do.”

Spike kissed her pout away, guiding her head to his shoulder. “I just have good instincts, but that doesn’t mean you don’t know all the important stuff.”

She agreed, deciding that a change of subject was in order. “You leave in two days, is it possible to miss you already?”

“It’s very possible, because I’m missing the hell out of you right now. Just keep in mind that this isn’t the end, love. I’m not losing touch with you again. I plan on writing every other day; we still have phone calls and e-mail. It’ll be as if I never left. Perhaps I can even introduce you to the joys of phone sex.”

Buffy laughed, snuggling up to him. “Something to look forward to.”


* * * * *


They made it back to her house later that night, after hours of love making in his hotel room, but instantly knew that something was very wrong.

Buffy had a habit of waving to the officer who was parked on her street, it was always a different guy, but this time felt off. She broke away from Spike and ran to the patrol car, covering her mouth in shock as tears filled her eyes. He was slumped over in the passenger seat, with a slit throat and no signs of life. When realization struck, her eyes widened. “Mom!”

Spike stopped her from storming the house, wrapping an arm around her. “You don’t know what you’ll be walking into.” He grabbed the walkie talkie from the car, flipping a switch. “If anyone can hear me, we need back up over at 1630 Revello Drive. An officer is down, and there could be a hostage inside the house.” There was no answer, but Spike had to hope that help was on the way.

“I can’t wait for the police to get here. Mom could be hurt, there’s no telling what he’s doing to her.”

Before Spike knew what happened, Buffy shoved him away and rushed to her house as if the devil himself was after her. He silently cursed, and then took off after her. He caught up to her before she went inside, taking her hand in his as they both entered together, only to find that the power was cut off. Spike could feel how badly Buffy was shaking and prayed more than anything to get her through this, but she wouldn’t have to do it alone.

“She’s probably upstairs,” Buffy whispered. “If Ted has done anything to her, I’ll fucking kill him.”

Spike was taken aback by her murderous tone, but it was utterly justified in this situation. He was too busy focusing on Buffy to notice the presence behind him, until a frying pan smashed over his head.

Buffy gasped when her boyfriend fell to the floor unconscious, glancing up to see Ted standing over him with a vicious expression on his face.

“Beg to differ, little lady.”