Chapter 6

Buffy walked into school the next day, her hand clutched tightly in Spike’s, and immediately knew that all eyes were on them.

“Wow, everyone is staring daggers at me. Do I have something on my face?”

He chuckled. “You’re a gorgeous woman, why shouldn’t they stare?” Spike gently pushed her against a wall, tucking a lock of golden hair behind her ear. “I say we really give them something to gawk at.”

Buffy smiled as his lips caressed hers, and she was completely lost in new sensations. It was as if they were the only two people in the world. She could truly get used to this.


* * * * *


“No way, Spike is your William? And you guys are together now? Why does nothing like this ever happen to me?”

Buffy rolled her eyes, but there was a hint of a smile on her face. “It’s just a coincidence.”

“Doubtful, it sounds more like fate. What are the odds that he would be filming a movie at the same place where you go to school? It’s so meant to be,” Willow responded, seeing Cordelia glower in their direction. “It looks like Cordy will have another reason to hate you. Not only did you cause her to lose that part, even though she likely still wouldn’t have gotten it, but now you’re with the one guy she wants. I wouldn’t be surprised if she was staking out his hotel.”

“God, I hope not. I deal with her enough during school. Even if I wasn’t in the picture, she never would have had a shot with him. I really worry about this delusional world Cordy lives in, it can’t be healthy.”

Willow had to agree.


* * * * *


“Morning, Peaches,” Spike said cheerily, pecking the older man on the cheek.

“Ugh, get off,” Angel cringed, wiping his face. “What’s your deal?”

“I found her, mate, Buffy is my Elizabeth. We realized it last night when we saw each other’s friendship bracelet. I still can’t bloody believe I found her, and that she kept my bracelet this whole time.”

His eyes widened. “Wait, that chick you knew as a kid? This is the same girl?”

Spike nodded. “The one and only, but it’s more than that. She’s my girlfriend now and before you say anything, I’m not crazy. I’ve waited for what seems like sodding forever to find her again and now that I have, there’s no way I’m letting her go. I’ll finish this movie, but I’m done after that. This life has been nothing but lonely, I love my fans, but there has always been something missing. It’s not really what I want anymore. What I want is to spend my life with her, and I can’t do that in London, even Los Angeles is too bloody far away.”

“Let me get this straight, I basically had to drag you here just to film a few scenes and now you’re telling me that you want to move here permanently, all for some girl?”

He rolled his eyes. “Did you not hear anything I said? She’s not just some girl. Buffy’s the real reason it didn’t work out with Drusilla, I was about to break up with the bitch before I found her cheating on me. I know what I’m doing, this is the first good decision I’ve made in a while.”

Angel nodded, letting out a sigh. “Okay, I suppose there’s no changing your mind. We’ll film the scenes we came here to do, and then you’re needed in London for a couple of months to shoot the rest of it. After that, I guess we go our separate ways. Are you really sure about this? You’ve worked so hard to get where you are, I’d hate to see you throw all of that away.”

Spike nodded as well. “I won’t have any regrets. I’ve loved being in this business, most people my age only dream about having this much success, let alone actually accomplishing it. I just think it was time I moved on. I’m still young, there will be lots of other opportunities out there, but Buffy is once in a lifetime. I’m not giving her up.”

“Damn, she must be something special.”

He smiled at that. “You have no idea.”


* * * * *


Buffy was walking the halls, minding her own business when she was suddenly yanked into the girl’s restroom and found herself surrounded by the cheerleading squad.

“This is really starting to get pathetic. What’s your problem?”

“It now makes perfect sense as to why Spike gave Tara my role,” Cordelia spat. “You’re sleeping with him, you little slut. What? Are you that desperate for your loser friend to be in his movie? I would have so had sex with him, and I guarantee it would be way better than anything you can offer.”

Buffy couldn’t help the laughter that burst forth. “You have really hit an all time low. We’re not sleeping together, but we do go way back. He’s an old friend, and the only reason Tara got that part is because she actually has talent. You just admitted that you would have had to sleep with a guy in order to get the role, but see, Spike would never touch you. He’s got a bit too much class for that, but why don’t you try his manager? You’ve got a thing for old guys, right? Our History teacher, for example? We all know how horrible your grades are, but this last semester, they seemed to improve tremendously. I wonder why that is.”

Her eyes widened. “Bitch, you can’t prove anything.”

Buffy glanced at the confused faces around her, apparently most of them didn’t know about their leader’s after school activities. “I wouldn’t say that. You got careless, Cordy, and didn’t take in the fact that not everyone leaves school at the same time. When you thought the place was empty and decided to have a quickie in his room, I just happened to be staying late for a tutoring session. Imagine my surprise when I walked by our History class to see you all spread out on top of his desk, doing things I would rather scrub from my brain entirely. Working hard for another A, were you?”

Cordelia had enough, grabbing Buffy’s arm and pulling her out of the bathroom, leaving her friends to stare after them in utter shock. “If you tell anyone about this, I will end you.”

Buffy shrugged. “It’s not me you should be worrying about. Your squad involves Harmony, who can’t keep a secret to save her life. As for the others, well, you know them better than I do.”

The brunette crossed her arms over her chest. “My friends would never rat me out if they know what’s good for them, so it’ll be your word against mine. I can get them all to confess that you are a very disturbed person, and no one would ever believe anything you have to say. I own this school, honey, and everyone in it. You’ve got nothing on me.”

Buffy shook her head at the other girl’s stupidity. “You do realize this is the twenty-first century, right? Everyone has a cell phone; did you think I wouldn’t have taken any pictures?” She held her phone up; scrolling through the photos to show Cordelia a very clear shot of exactly what she was doing in that classroom. “Just one push of a button, and this gets sent straight to the principal’s office.” The look of fear was back on her face, and Buffy wondered if she was a horrible person for getting any pleasure out of it.

“What do you want?”

Buffy put her phone away, staring the cheerleader down. “I want you to back the fuck off. If I hear that you’ve done anything to make Tara turn down this role, the picture gets sent. You are to stay away from me and my friends for the remainder of the school year, hell; I don’t even want to see you after that. And Spike is off limits, this obsession you have for him ends now. I’m so sick and tired of you getting everything handed to you on a silver platter, there’s going to be a few changes from now on. Do we have an understanding?”

Cordelia gave her a look that could kill. “Fine, but I seriously hate you.”

“The feeling is very mutual,” Buffy retorted, watching in satisfaction as Cordelia walked away, and letting out a relieved breath. That could have gone a lot worse, but Buffy just wished she could show the same confidence when it came to dealing with Ted. She turned to see Spike standing there, a look of absolute delight on his features.

“You are so fucking hot,” with that said, he wrapped his arms around her and planted a hard kiss on her mouth. “I’ve missed you so much, pet. Just look at you,” Spike claimed in awe, pulling away to do just that. “Blackmailing the head cheerleader, you’ve sure come a long way. I remember how shy you used to be, it’s one reason of why we got on so well. You never would have had the guts to do anything like that before. I know it’s not something I should be happy about, but she had it coming. I’m so bloody proud of you.”

Buffy rested her head against his chest when he took her back in his arms, really wishing that she could be proud of herself.