Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much for all the reviews, good and bad. I know for some the last chapter was quite a shock. The issue was raised that it looked like Buffy was just using Faith, so I want to reassure everyone she isn't. It'll be explained more in the future, but Faith is bisexual. Instead of just liking men or women, she sees beyond their exteriors. I'd like to call that view point pro-love. Here is the next chapter, thank you for all those sticking with this story. Also, thank you to Minx Delovely for wanting to be my beta!
William looked down at the newspaper clipping in his hands and then up at the door in front of him, triple checking that this was the right apartment. He’d been standing there for at least ten minutes, not able to muster up the courage to knock.

The decision was made for him, however, as the door open and a girl walked out, head turned toward the inside of the apartment as she yelled her goodbyes.

“See ya soon B – oophf!” She had continued to move without looking forward and before William knew what was happening, she had run straight into him.

“I’m s-s-so terribly sorry,” William said as Faith collected herself and looked up at him.

“No problemo, I wasn’t looking where I was going. Are you here to see B?” Faith asked as she subtly studied him.

“No-uh I mean- if you mean Buffy, then yes,” he struggled to say.

“Hey B! You got a sexy visitor at your door! And I’m not talking about me!” Faith shouted into the open apartment. She then turned back to him and said, “I’m Faith, maybe I’ll see you around or something.”

As she said this, she licked her lips and all he could seem to get out was, “P-p-p-pleasure to meet you, I’m William, I’m j-j-just here looking at the apartment.”

“It’s cool Willy! I’ll see you around, just let yourself in, B’ll be out in a second I’m sure.” And with that she smacked his ass and sauntered off down the hall.

William was so surprised by her action that all he could do was stand where he was with his mouth agape, watching her retreating form.

That was how Buffy found him as she came towards the door wearing only a towel, water dripping onto the carpet.

“William are you okay? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost!” Buffy said as she took in his shocked expression.

His head sharply turned at the sound of her voice, but if it was possible, his jaw dropped open ever more at the sight of her standing there, dripping wet, in only a towel. What I wouldn’t give to be that towel.

“William? William!” The sound of her calling his name jarred him out of his stupor and he tried to regain himself.

“Y-yes. Sorry to worry you, I just ran into your friend, Faith. Interesting bird,” he said in a more steady voice as he tried valiantly to only look at her face.

“Oh no, what did she say? Let me apologize for her, she can come off as being a lot to handle,” Buffy said as she waved him into the apartment and he closed the door behind him.

“It’s quite alright, just took me by surprise,” he said as he looked down at the ground, trying not to notice what great legs she had as water droplets continued to run down them.

“Oh, alright,” Buffy said, not looking all that convinced that Faith hadn’t said or done something inappropriate. “I’m sorry that I’m not dressed; I didn’t realize what time it was. Please feel free to look around the living room and kitchen or have a seat on the sofa. I’ll just go throw some clothes on.”

With that, she disappeared through a doorway into a hall where he assumed her bedroom was. He almost protested when she said she was going to put some clothes on. He didn’t mind the towel one bit.

As he waited he idly looked around the room. The apartment opened up to a big open room. On one side was the living room, couches to the left of the door with a flat screen TV mounted on the wall the door was on. The TV was by far the focal point of the room, since the couches were angled towards it and it was on a wall where you could still watch it across the room from the kitchen. The couches looked like they were well loved and may have been from a second hand store or garage sale. They were a faded, as if they used to be green, but now looked more of a muddy sage. They surrounded a rectangular coffee table that was painted black and had some visible rings on it from glasses that hadn’t been propped on top of anything. The door was in a little alcove so that there was no wall on the right side, just one perpendicular that held the doorway for the hall that Buffy had exited through.

Past the living room was the kitchen. The two rooms were separated by a counter that came out halfway from the wall. The kitchen wasn’t big, but it had all the necessary equipment; dishwasher, microwave, oven with a stove on top, good sized refrigerator, sink with a drying rack next to it. There were cabinets above and underneath the counter, which was long enough to give enough room for preparing food. A small table with three chairs was against the same wall as the doorway to the hall. These also looked like they had seen better days. One of the chairs looked like the legs were a bit uneven so that when you sat in it you’d rock and sway. They had once been painted black, but looked as if they could use another coat because the paint had started to thin in places.

All the walls were painted a cream color, probably good for hiding any dust or dirt. The windows all had cream colored metal blinds attached for privacy. No curtains to make the room feel more finished, however. There also weren’t any pictures of family and friends on the walls or tables. There was a scenic picture in a plastic frame above the table in the kitchen. It was of a valley with a mountain towering above it, leaving parts of it in shadow. The mountain had two peaks and in between them was the most exquisite sun set. The sun was red, but left trails of orange, pink, and purple in an almost midnight blue sky.

From what William could tell, everything looked good to him. They were both still in college so an apartment full of mismatched furniture was fine. Nothing better then Buffy in a towel, however.

With that thought, he heard muffled footsteps coming from behind him. He turned around the see Buffy coming toward him wearing shorts and a tank top. Her wet hair must have been towel dried since it no longer looked sopping wet, and had been pulled up into a messy bun.

“Sorry to keep you waiting. Obviously Buffy and punctuality are unmixy things.” She joked as she stopped in front of him.

“It’s alright, luv, don’t fret over it,” he said, liking the way she was staring up at him and the strong smell of vanilla wafting towards him.

Buffy blushed slightly, liking that he’d called her “luv”, but also internally scolding herself knowing he didn’t mean anything by it.

“Have you looked around out here? The appliances in the kitchen are in pretty good working order, or I assume they are. I can’t really cook; I have a tendency of burning water,” she said as she looked around the kitchen and then back at him.

“This is a very nice apartment. I can cook and everything in here looks great, maybe I can cook for you sometime? Save you money on take-away?” William asked slightly bashful, thinking he sounded rather forward.

“That would be great. There’s only so much Chinese food you can eat before you feel like you’re about to turn into an eggroll.” Buffy laughed, excited that he sounded like he wanted to live there with her, “let me show you the rest of the place, there isn’t much to it, but it’s cozy, ya know?”

William nodded and followed her down the hallway that she had come from. There were four doors lining the walls. There was also a picture of The Beatles crossing the street, an elongated version of the Abbey Road album cover, on the opposite wall between the second and third door. The walls were still painted that cream color from the outer room.

“Okay, so this is a storage closet, I usually keep cleaning stuff in here, sometimes some odds and ends too,” Buffy said as she opened the first door they came to. Inside were some different cleaners, a broom and waste pan, and a vacuum. There was a window next to the closet so everything was easy to see. This window also had the cream blinds attached, and like the other windows they were pulled up halfway so that the whole apartment was showered in sunlight.

Buffy closed that door and went to the next one, across the hall and a little down from the first.

“This would be your room. You can paint the walls any color you want and there’s another closet for your clothes inside,” she said as she opened the door and walked in.

He followed in behind her to see a good-sized empty space with a set of windows across from them and another doorway, what he assumed was the aforementioned closet, further in and on the same wall as the door leading to the hall.

“This is very nice, probably about the size of my room at my uncle’s,” William said.

“Oh, that’s good, I was afraid you’d think it was too small,” Buffy said then turned to walk out, “only two more rooms to go!”

William shut the door behind him as he made it back into hallway and followed Buffy past the Beatles picture to the next door on the same wall.

“This is my room. It’s pretty much identical to the other one, except for all the mess and clutter,” Buffy said as she opened the door to show him, looking slightly embarrassed.

William glanced inside and saw a full size bed that was unmade, nightstand, dresser, vanity, books scattered around along with clothing, and a small flat screen TV that was mounted on the wall opposite of the bed.

“No worries, luv. I’m sure if I move in, my room will look very similar in no time,” he said, trying to reassure her. He was also taking in as much of the room as he could, loving having a glimpse into her private sanctuary. Her comforter, that was slightly askew on her bed, was furry looking and a bright orange color. The sheets underneath along with her pillow cases were a bright pink. She also had blinds on the windows right next to her bed that were aqua blue. The walls were white, which suited it since there were splashes of bright color everywhere else and if they were yet another color, it might give one a headache from all the chaos.
Buffy shut her door and moved down the hall to the end. She was also embarrassed at how little girl-like her room must have looked to him.

“Finally, this is the bathroom. It’s not much, but it gets the job done,” she said as she opened the last door and he saw a pretty standard bathroom inside.

There was the vanity with the sink in the middle, cabinets underneath, a mirror above on the wall that looked like it opened up into a medicine cabinet. Next to the vanity was a toilet bowl and next to that a bathtub. The shower curtain was pulled to the side and a faucet was visible on the wall for a shower. The tiling on the shower walls and bathroom floor was done in black and white with painted white walls for the rest of the room. The shower curtain and floor mat were the only vibrant thing in the room. It was a blue, purple, and green tie-dye curtain with a blue shaggy rug next to the tub. Droplets of water clung to the tiled walls and inside of the shower curtain. These were the signs of Buffy’s recent shower, and William couldn’t help the picture of her in the shower, water streaming down her that flashed in his mind. His imagination was good enough to try and fill in the blanks that her towel had covered.

“Looks fine to me. Seems like you do a good job keeping it nice and tidy.” Was all William could think to say, trying to clear his head of the image of naked Buffy.

“Thanks. I try to keep up on the cleaning. So that is the grand tour, what do you think?” Buffy asked, slightly nervous that he might have decided to keep looking at other apartments.

“I think it looks great, luv. Do you have a lot of other people looking? You could let me know when you decided who the best fit was,” William replied, not confident enough to come right out and say he’d love to live there.

They had walked back into the living room and Buffy turned around to look at him.

“Actually, you were the first person to look. If you’re interested, I think I can stop looking now,” Buffy said, holding her breath.

“Well if you’re sure, I’d be more than happy to live here.”

Buffy had to hold back her squeal at his reply.

“Great! You have no idea how much of a relief this is, to be able to find someone so fast,” Buffy said, to try and cover up her excitement, “you can move in whenever you want, I’ll give you the extra key and write down all the information for you on rent and utilities that we’ll split.”

“Terrific, I’m quite relieved myself. Since school will be starting back up in a couple weeks, I’ll move in as soon as I can to be ready for the semester. I can’t thank you enough, Buffy, for letting me live here,” William said sincerely.

Inside he thought he might explode. Never in his wildest dreams had he thought that one day he’d be living with Buffy Summers. Despite the fact that she’d probably picked him because she had zero interest in him and could easily live with him like she would some other girl, he couldn’t be happier.

Maybe there would be much more half dressed Buffy to ogle in his future.

He supposed he could suffer through that.


Chapter End Notes:
Thoughts???