Author's Chapter Notes:
Beta'd by Sallyntmare. Thanks for taking your time to help and thinking it's worth reading even if my writing had errors. I love writing stories and i hope everyone can enjoy reading them. I have this posted on another site. I just want to see if yall enjoy it too.

Buffy and Spike were sitting in the waiting room, anxiously awaiting their appointment. There were other people in the room, but to them, they were the only people there. Buffy attempted to cling to him and sit on his lap, but the chair was too small. She instead settled for resting her head on his shoulder, keeping their hands entwined.

"Stupid chair." Buffy mumbled.

"Are you nervous, pet?" he cooed softly in her ear.

"Uh, maybe a little. I'd be better if these chairs weren't against cuddling."

"We can cuddle when we get home."

Spike turned their entwined hands and kissed his lover's knuckles to calm her. He looked around the waiting room and stopped when he spotted a young boy, curled up in his chair and sleeping. The boy reminded Spike so much of himself, then he began to wonder what his child would look like. Would it be a little boy or little girl? Will they have his blue eye or Buffy’s beautiful green eyes? Would they have his love of spicy food or Buffy's love of chocolate?

"Summers." a nurse called for them, leaning against an opened door.

Buffy pulled Spike up by their joined hand and followed the nurse into a room. The nurse went through the process of writing down her weight, height, and blood level.

"You will need to put this on." The nurse said as she handed Buffy a gown, and then left.

Spike leaned against the sink as he watched his Slayer undress and change into the simple gown.

"Fuck, love. You look amazin‘. You can make a trash bag look good." He purred.

"Yeah, you say that now." she said, sitting down on the hospital bed.

They were both lost in their own thoughts, when a doctor walked through the door with his clipboard.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Summers,“ he reached an arm out to the couple. “I'm Doctor Jackson." He smiled, shaking the couple’s hands.

Buffy tried to keep from laughing when he called Spike 'Mr. Summers'. Spike on the other hand wasn't so amused.

The doctor went through a routine of asking Buffy ridiculous questions about her body, eating habits, and sleeping schedule. And every time she said something the doctor would scribble something down on his clipboard.

Spike was getting agitated by the questions and rolled his eyes. All he wanted to know was if his woman and baby were okay.

"Let's see about that baby, shall we?" Doctor Jackson said.

"Finally." Spike grumbled, running out of patience.

"Will!" Buffy yelled.

"That's okay. Us men, don't have patience." Doctor Jackson chuckled. "I feel the same way when my wife walks up to the cash-register after an hour of shopping."

The doctor asked Buffy to lay back on the bed and put her legs up in stirrups so he could widen her legs. Spike stood beside Buffy’s head, wondering what the doctor was about to do, when he rolled up his chair up between her legs

"Well, Mrs. Summers, you’re definitely pregnant." He paused. "About 6-7 weeks along. Close to 2 months, lets see if we can see the fetus."

"Ok." Buffy said nervously.

Spike looked at Buffy to make sure she was okay. She looked over a Spike and nudged her head, indicating she wanted a kiss. He complied and gave her a tender kiss and squeezed her hand. They both looked over at the doctor who was holding a long white stick in his hand.

"Hey, mate. Don' think you’re puttin’ that stick in my woman." Spike growled

The doctor looked at him surprised, then looked at Buffy.

"Don't worry." she said, and the doctor continued to prep. "And you’re allowed to put your stick-" Buffy didn't finish her sentence when she thought about what she was about to say and Spike raised his scared eyebrow at her waiting for her to complain.

"Doc, if you hurt my girl…" Spike threatened.

"Spike!" Buffy said in surprise, "He's a Doctor."

"It's okay. It's not going to hurt, just a little discomfort." the Doc said nervously, not wanting to upset Spike.

"See, honey. Only discomfort, okay?" Buffy said calmly.

Buffy looked up at him, trying to get him to look at her but his attention was fixed on the doctor, who was continuing to mess around with a machine.

"Spike." Buffy said, shaking their clasp hands.

"Yes, kitten?" he finally looked down at her.

"You, okay?"

"Couldn't be better." Spike smiled at her, causing her to smile in return.

"Here we go." The doctor said.

Buffy looked up at the ceiling while the doctor put the white stick inside of her. She was not going to look at Spike while this was going on. It felt too weird. When the doctor was settled and Buffy was comfortable she looked over at Spike, who's blue eyes sparkled with happiness and unshed tears. She looked at the screen that he was looking at.

"Is that it?" Buffy said disappointed. "That's our baby?"

"Yep, that's your baby." Doctor Jackson confirmed.

"Is it human? Cause right now its reminding me of a tadpole." the Slayer panicked.

"It's okay, pet." Spike tried to soothe her.

"Your baby is going through the 5 to 6 weeks development." Doctor Jackson chuckled, "It's perfectly healthy. It's still growing. Soon your body will grow to accommodate your baby.


Buffy yelled, "Accommodate!? As in- get fat?" Buffy said uneasy.

"Well, something like that. You'll gain 10-30 lbs. Throughout your pregnancy." the doc tried to relieve his patient.

"What! I've seen babies. They don't weigh 30 lbs." Buffy practically yelled.

"Buffy, when we see our little Buffy it wont even matter."

"Says you. You’re not the one who's going to be in a dire need of crunches after this is over with." Buffy pouted.

"Now that's taken care of." Doc said, putting the equipment away, "You'll need to know what to expect. You may have already been experience them: nausea, vomiting, excessive tiredness, hungry, craving unusual foods. And something that will happen often potty breaks." the doctor laughed, but stopped quickly when they didn't seem to follow.

"Right. You'll need to take prenatal vitamins which I will put to the pharmacy: to make sure your body has what it needs. Oh, and your hormones are going to increase."

"Thanks, Doc Jackson."

"Yeah, thanks, and sorry about threatening your life or what not." Spike said.

"Not at all. First time parents?"

"Yeah. How'd you know?" Spike and Buffy said at the same time.

Doctor Jackson just smiled and stood up and shook their hands once again. "Nice to meet you, and please don't forget to set up your next appointment. I will see you soon.”