Chapter 13 I'm Not A Kid Anymore

Jarred was still on the ground scared shitless he couldn't even move. He could feel his heart beating so fast he thought he was having a heart attack. He didn't know why but something about Ms. Summers 5'9 boyfriend scared him. Dawn bent down to help him up.

"Jarred, why don't you go home? Dawn'll call you later. Okay?" Buffy said not to sure what the hell was going on.

She was pretty sure Spike rage was towards the young shaggy haired boy, so he better leave.

"Yes, Ms. Summers. Later, Dawn." Jarred said walking as fast he could to him car and taking off.

"What the hell is going on?" Buffy asked looking between the fuming Dawn and Spike.

"Nothing. We were just talking. God! I didn't know it was a crime." Dawn said shoving her way inside between Buffy and a heated Spike.

Spike grabbed Dawn wrist stopping her before she could escape to the stairs.

"Is it what they call kissing now and days? Spike spat.

Buffy followed them into the house and shut the door. "Is that what ya'll were doing?" Buffy asked .

"Oh my god. So what! You two do it all the time. Why is such a big freaking deal when I do!" Dawn said pissed.

"This isn't about us. That little jerk was putting his hands on you and you better be glad he got away with

his finger when he fucking left." he threatened.

"Spike!" Buffy yelled at him surprised.

Buffy wasn't in the mood for arguing, she was woken up from her sleep and she was very nauseas.

"Freaking A, I'm almost 18. I'm not a kid anymore. And I'm not your stupid Nibblet. And your hurting my wrist, you overprotective jerk."

Dawn yelled jerking her hand away and running up the stairs to her room and slamming the door. Buffy couldn't do nothing but watch the scene happen. She knew with stubborn people like her lover and sister she'll never get a word in. And now that Dawn ran off to her room she didn't know what to say or what to do.

"William." Buffy said softly running her hand up and down his arm.

Spike cut her off before she even began and kissed her forehead grabbed his coat and walked out the door slamming it.

"Oh, doody." the pregnant slayer sighed then ran into the kitchen trashcan, emptying her dinner.

Dawn 's been in her room for a while now trying to calm down. She decided to pick up her cell.

"Hey, Jar. You make it home? Good.? Dawn said sitting on her bed. " Sorry about Spike. He's like an overprotective psycho. It's annoying and I understand if you rethinking offering him that job. Your not. Okay. You understand? You have to be the most understanding guy in the world."

A knock on her door disrupts her conversation .

"Hold on." Dawn to her boyfriend and then addressed the person behind her door. "Yeah?"

Buffy opened the door a little. "Can we talk?"

"Jar. I'll call you back" Dawn said into her phone.

Spike didn't know where he was going until he pulled up into the driveway and got out the car. He took two more drags of his fag then put it out walking to the door.

"Must be human if I'm here at the Whelps ." he mumbled to himself as he knocked.

Xander opened his door a little taken back.

"What do I owe for this pleasure?" Xander asked.

"Just need somewhere to chill and someone to chat with. And you bloody have beer, so don't get excited." Spike said annoyed walking in not waiting for an invite.

The ex-vampire sat down roughly. Xander walked into the living after grabbing a couple of beers, handing one to Spike and he sat across from him and started to drink his own.

"Rough day? Wana talk about it?" Xander offered seriously.

"Sorry for barging in. Hope I didn't wake Mrs. Harris."

"No, she's sleep. She has to get up early. Teacher thing."

"Nice set up you have here, Whelp. Good looking wife. Just as beautiful as Anya." Spike said taking a sip of his drink and looking at the picture of the coupe on the table.

"Thanks. I really don't compare them. And I actually built this house." Xander said confidently.

"Well, well your not useless after all." the blonde chuckled.

Buffy came into her sister's room and sat next to her on her bed. She didn't know exactly what to say to her but she thought honesty was the best way.

"Dawnie, tell me what happened?" Buffy asked concerned and confused.

"I don't know. It happened so fast. We were talking then we were kissing." Dawn blushed.

"So you were kissing." Buffy said with sigh, Dawn was growing to fast.

"Yes, why is it such a big deal?" Dawn said annoyed.

"I'm not going to lie to you, Dawn. I kissed boys at your age. So I didn't think it was a big deal then either." Buffy confessed. "But it's a big deal to most."

"Then why does Spike. He looked like he was going to kill Jarrod. And he hurt me. Why can't he see I'm not a kid anymore?" the teen said frustratingly, tears falling.

"Dawn, Spike loves you. Your like his baby sister. He can't help the way he reacts when things about you change. He's used to '15 year old Dawn', who only interest was Spike." Buffy said running her fingers through her sisters hair.

"Well, he should just get over it. Because kissing Jarrod was best thing ever. There maybe a lot of it in the future." Dawn said tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Oh, honey. The truth is even though it doesn't feel like a big deal now. Even if it feel nice and wonderful and innocent. It could lead to other things. Other things ..…I don't want you to be force or pressured into doing."

Buffy looked at her sister, thinking this I probably what her mother was feeling when she started kissing boys.

"Buffy, I told you I'm never doing that , ever." Dawn tried to assure her sister and herself.

Buffy laughed and clasp her sisters hand. "Dawn, honey, things can change when your feelings and hormones get involved. Believe me. I know."

Buffy got up, kissed her sister on the head, and walk to the door. She stopped and turned around.

"You know, you and Spike should talk before things get awkward."

"Yeah. I know."