Author's Chapter Notes:
Beta'd by Sallyntmare. Thanks for taking your time to help and thinking it's worth reading even if my writing had errors. I love writing stories and i hope everyone can enjoy reading them. I have this posted on another site. I just want to see if yall enjoy it too.

**ALL PREVIOUS CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN BETA'D**
Chapter 14 Doghouse

“Xander, have you seen Spike? He left last night and he didn’t return home. I couldn’t go look for him because I had to talk to Dawn last night.” Buffy worriedly spoke into her cell, as she walked quickly into Perry West High School.

Buffy was worried sick this morning when she looked over and Spike wasn’t in bed. She couldn’t go look for him, like she wanted to, because for the first time since finding out about her pregnancy, she was vomiting and was to nauseated to stand.

He was definitely going to be in the doghouse when he came home.

“Oh, he’s there,” Buffy said angrily. “Well, tell him don’t fucking bother coming home.”

Buffy slammed her phone shut before unlocking her office door and walking in. She took off her blazer and hung it on the back of her chair, before sitting down.

Dawn rushed in, just as she was signing herself into her computer.

Her sister sat at the chair beside her, then said, “Hey, sis.”

“Dawn, I saw you, not even, five minutes ago.“ Buffy said gruffly.

“I guess Mr. Meanie didn’t show up after he left last night.”

“You are correct. What do you want? I have a busy morning.”

“I was wondering if I could use my car? I have to work for Giles today and I need it. And I don’t understand why I have to ask for my car?” Dawn said, complaining.

“Here take your keys," she shoved the keys into her sister's hand. "I don’t have time for this.”


****



“Wow, you sure get the award for ’Pissing off Summers Woman’, Xander chuckled, as he got ready for work.

“Bleeding hell. Was she pissed?,“ he rubbed his forehead, trying to dull the pain of his headache, “I forgot I wasn’t a vampire anymore. Can’t hold my liquor,“ Spike growled, “Fucking alcohol.”

Xander looked at him, a calm expression in place, “Oh. She also said to not come home.” the boy took a sip of his coffee.

“Really, how did she say it?” Spike asked , thinking she couldn’t be that mad.

“ ‘Well, tell him don’t fucking bother coming home.’ “ Xander tried to imitate the pissed off Slayer. “Then she hung up. Do you think she’s mad at me, too?”

Xander’s cell phone started ringing so he picked it up.

“Hello. Look, Buff. I-”

Xander listened to the angry slayer on the other line, as Spike watched him, wondering what Buffy was saying. Xander’s head snapped back as if he had been slapped. She hung up on him again.

“That’s twice now. She’s definitely mad at me too.”

“What’d she say?” Spike asked, running his hands through his blonde curls.

“She wants her car in the school parking lot when she gets off-” Xander said, putting his mug in the sink.

“I’ll pick her up-”

“-with you not in it. She said, and I quote ‘Tell him to leave the car, I don’t feel like looking at him and his pathetic sorry face.’ end quote. Remind me to come home to my wife every night.”

“Bloody hell. Can you follow me? Oh never mind I’ll walk home.” Spike said, standing up to his full height.

“You know you’re doing the opposite of what she asked right?”


****



“Thanks Ms. Summers. You’re so awesome.” A student said at her door, as he was leaving.

“Thanks, Danny.”

When Danny walked out, a mixed complexion woman with curly black hair walked in and sat down.

Buffy looked up and smiled. “Rebecca. Hey, how are your classes?”

“Oh, the students are driving me crazy. Do they give them energy drinks during breakfast?” Rebecca laughed.

“That would explain a lot.”

“Spike was on my couch this morning. Seemed him and Xander had a little party.” the curly haired woman said.

“Oh, that’s what kept his butt from coming home last night-He was drunk.” Buffy laughed bitterly, “He’s so far in the doghouse he’s gonna need a collar. Then again he might like that.” She whispered the last part to herself.

Buffy looked at Rebecca, looking upset. Buffy had gotten close to Rebecca ever since they moved here. She had introduced her new friend to her old buddy Xander after Becca helped her get her job.

“Did y’all fight last night?” Becca asked, concerned.

“No, but there will be one tonight. He was upset with Dawn and her boyfriend, Jarrod. He saw them making with the smoochies,” she huffed. “He can be so dramatic.”

“Oh. I don’t know what to say. Jarrod’s a good kid, he has nothing to worry about.”

“That’s the think with Spike-He doesn’t care. He’s so stuck in his way of keeping Dawn a fifteen year old for the rest of her life.“

Both Buffy and Rebecca laughed.

“To him- kissing leads to sex. Well, it does for us anyway.“ Buffy laughed, shaking her head.

“Ditto.” Rebecca laughed along with her.


****



Dawn and Jarrod were in the same class together. Their teacher gave the class a group day, so they could work on projects with their partners that was due soon.

“Ziggy’s mouth dropped when you pull those strikes.” Rona laughed.

“Ha. So did Jarrod‘s.” Dawn smiled.

Jarrod came up behind her, giving her a bug and kiss on the cheek.

“Miss me.”

“No,” she rolled her eyes. “But its nice to see you.” Dawn said, as Jarrod sat next to her.

“I just want to know how things went last night. Buffy wasn’t mad, was she? Cause I really like her.”

“Everything’s fine. My sister wasn’t mad. She was very understanding. Spike, on the other hand, left the house and didn’t come back. He’s in so much trouble. Buffy wants to talk to him the minute he gets home.

“Good luck, the boy frowned. “ I guess I have to talk to him, too.”

“No, I don’t think so. I’ll talk to him, that should be enough.“


****



Spike drove to the parking lot and parked in Buffy’s assigned parking space. He got out of the car, locked it and walked into the school. He looked around until he found the office, then stomped over to the front desk.

“How may I help you, sir?” The older women looked him over with disapproval.

“Yeah, I have Ms. Summer’s car keys. I’m dropping them off.” Spike dangled the keys infront of him for proof.

He handed the keys to her as she nodded her understanding.

The woman turned to her secretary, “Grace, take these to Ms. Summers," she handed the other woman the keys, "You know, the Guidance Counselor?”


Chapter End Notes:
**ALL PREVIOUS CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN BETA'D**