Author's Chapter Notes:
Co-Written/Beta'd by Sallyntmare

**ALL PREVIOUS CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN BETA'D**
Spike looked at Buffy, an eyebrow raised in question, urging her to continue.

When she didn’t he asked, "Sorry, luv,” Spike said as he grazed a hand down his chest. “Am I supposed to know what that means?”

Buffy reached down to her ankles to pull up her bikini bottoms, then behind her back so she could swing her top around to pull up to her shoulders.

Spike followed suit, getting dressed as she was.

"No, I guess not,” she snapped. “We'll talk about it later."

Spike was frustrated as he sat there, needing something to do, he pulled out a cigarette.

He lit the cigarette then took a deep drag as Buffy said, "I’m gonna find the kids so we can go,“ she threw the bleached blonde a stern look of authority. "Oh, and by the way, don't smoke in the truck."

Buffy harshly pushed the door open, leaving it open as she walked away.

Spike took another drag, before getting out of the truck to follow. He stopped short when he noticed a thin, young, and pretty brunette walking toward him. That’s all that he needed right now; some bird hitting on him, he thought to himself. He had Buffy now; he didn’t want to upset her just so he could talk to some tart.

"Hey," the brunette said, trying her best to sound seductive.


Naturally, Spike gave the 5’6” brunette-model type a once over, but she wasn’t much to look at. First off, she had the wrong colored hair, and she was too tall for his liking.

He turned away from her, completely uninterested.

"Strong silent type, huh?" the brunette questioned, moving a ghostly hand across his forearm.

Spike pulled his arm back, out of her reach, and then took a drag from his cigarette, hoping she’d get the hint that he was very uninterested.

She obviously didn’t, because she continued to yap.

"Just the way I like them,” she inched closer to him, trying to catch his eye. “You know, I've been watching you.”

Spike blew out his smoke, then turned a cold stare to the girl. "Then you know I'm takin’ an also not interested.”

As Spike was talking, from behind, Buffy, Dawn, and Jarred were walking up to the scene. They were also just in time to witness the girl practically rip his hand open to shove a piece of paper inside.

It was clear to Dawn and Jarred how obviously uninterested Spike was so they started to make fun of the girl. Buffy however, didn’t see it that way. She was pissed and saw red as she stomped over to stand by his side.

She didn’t like that another girl was talking to her man, so she wanted to make it clear that he was, very much her man.

"Hey, baby." Buffy alluringly said as she pulled him into a kiss.

The brunette seemed unfazed, even as the couple moaned as their tongues dueled.

Buffy pulled away, gasping for air.

"You wore me out earlier, baby. Now I'm all hungry," she pouted, driving Spike crazy.

Spike was hard and ready to shag his love into the sand, as he stared at her jutted lip. He not only found her possessive act entertaining, but sexy as well.

“All right then, pet.“ He ignored the brunette as he put an arm around Buffy’s waist to lead them back to the truck, throwing the girl’s number and cigarette in the sand.

Dawn and Jarred hop in the back seat of the truck, as Buffy shoved Spike’s arm away from her before getting into the passenger seat.

The younger Summers had a feeling that her sister wasn’t going to let Spike hear the end of the display they witnessed.

Spike shut the door for her, then walked over to the driver‘s side as he grumbled, "What the bleeding hell does it take?"

Once inside the vehicle he asked, "What do you want to eat?"

He turned the keys into the ignition, letting the engine rev before driving away.

"We don't have time. And we're having dinner at Giles' tonight, anyway." Buffy bitterly said as she stared out the window.

Spike slumped his shoulders in defeat, as he continued to drive.

“Alight, luv,” he softly spoke."

From the back seat, Dawn and Jarred gave each other a knowing look, then let out a small laugh.

"Whipped." Jarred whisper to Dawn, nudging her in the side playfully.

"Hey, what was up with that ho-bag?" Dawn asked, only adding the tension in the front seats.

Buffy looked at Spike for the first time since they'd been in the car. She couldn't wait to hear what Spike thought of the situation.

Spike could feel her gaze as he continued to look at the road.

"She was interested, an’ I wasn’t.“ Spike quickly said. “It’s as simple as that. The silly bint.”

"Oh, that’s all. No big deal then.” Dawn stated, hoping to make things right between her sister and her surrogate brother-in-law.

"Really? ’cause she was like super hot.” Jarred questioned, a little too excitingly.

Dawn elbowed him in the side as Buffy rolled her eyes.

Jared looked to his girlfriend with a silly grin.

"But not hotter than you," Jarred whispered into Dawn’s ear.

"Yeah, right.” Dawn turned to the driver. “Spike, can you drop us off at Giles'? Jarred's mom is picking him up from there."

"Sure, Nibblet. That’s where everyone is meetin’ tonight anyway.“


****



After dropping Dawn and Jarrod off at the Watcher’s, Spike and Buffy left to go home for a few hours until it was time to go back for dinner. The ride home was filled with an awkward silence, every time Spike went to speak, Buffy would turn her head to glare at him, effectively shutting him up.

He couldn’t remember a time when she was so emotional. It was like riding a rollercoaster; she was so hot and cold.

When they arrived home, Buffy marched up the front walk, slammed the door open, then slammed it closed with Spike still outside. Spike got even more pissed as he slammed the door open to let himself in. As she went into the kitchen, Spike sprinted up the stairs to barricade himself in the bathroom. He needed to take a shower, cool his mind off a bit.

Spike stripped his clothes, then stepped into the shower to wash away the sand that dried to his body. He enjoyed his day at the beach, but the sand he could certainly forgo. As he thought about his day at the beach, about how it had been so long since he could do something like that, his thought drifted to Buffy. Something that his thought always seemed to do. She looked so beautiful, laying there in her skimpy bikini wrapped around her petite frame.

He started to stroke his hard cock that jutted proudly out.

As Buffy passed the bathroom door, she stopped short when she heard moaning. Barging in, she tossed the shower curtain aside to see Spike’s fist wrapped around his cock.

She threw the bottle of water at him, that she got from the fridge, effectively hitting him in the head.

"Are you thinking about her while your jerking off?“ Buffy shouted. “You are, aren’t you? What am I-not good enough for you, anymore?” her bottom lip started to quicker as she tried to keep her tears at bay.

"What?" Spike snapped, releasing his hardened member to turn off the water. "Have you completely lost your bloody mind?” he stepped out of the shower, then grabbed a towel to wrap around his hips, tying the two ends together furiously.

"Were you, or were you not, thinking about that bitch?“ the Slayer gritted her teeth, her face turning red with anger.

"Who?" Spike asked dumbfounded.

"C‘mon, Spikey. Don’t play dumb with me," Buffy sarcastically said.

"You’re obviously not in the playin’ mood, luv.“ Spike shouted. “I wouldn’ dream of doin’ such a thing.“

"Fuck you." Buffy snapped as her eyes started to water.

"Fuck me?" Spike questioned as he strode across the bathroom to back her into the bathroom sink. "It's you, love. It’s always been about you,“ he reached down to place a hand on either side of her hips. “That floozy has been long forgotten; there’s only room for you, baby. I was thinking about you, baby, about how you had your pretty little legs wrapped around my waist as I fucked you silly in the back seat of the truck,” he traveled his hand away from her hip, to slip under her shirt, grazing her stomach. “Your grunts and moans that filled the vehicle as I pounded into you.”

Although, Buffy was getting turned on by his words, her jumbled emotions got the better of her. She began to cry before he could finish speaking. He instantly moved to cradle her cheek, a thumb grazing across it to wipe away a lone tear.

She let her self fully breakdown from her emotions as she cradled her face into her hands and slide down, landing on the floor.

"I'm sorry," she hiccupped, "It’s just that with everything going on, I feel like I'm gonna go crazy-Dawn has a boyfriend-she’s a senior in High School now-you’re a human with freakin’ superpowers-and I think something's going on with me, and I'm scared shitless that I think I know what it is.“ Buffy ranted, sobbing between words.

Spike shimmied his towel up his hips a bit, so he could squat down lower to kneel next to his disheveled lover. He leaned over to wrap her in a loving hug, placing a kiss on top of her hair.

"What’s goin’ on with you, luv?" Spike asked, tucking a stray hair behind her ear.

"I don't know, William." Buffy cried out not, not able to say what she suspected out loud.

Spike swooped her into his arms and carried her into their bedroom. He sat down on the bed with her cradled in his lap as he rubbed her stomach. Rubbing her stomach always seemed to work when trying to calm her down. Buffy began to stifle her tears and sobs as she rested her head on his shoulders. She let out a sigh as she started to relax.

"William, promise you won’t leave me?” she brought her head back so she could look into his eyes. “Everyone always leaves me. I couldn’t bear it if you did.” she timidly spoke.

"I won’t leave you, luv. I’ll never leave you again.“ Spike looked at her seriously. “I came back, didn't I?"

Buffy gave him a lazy smile, but her eyes seemed hopeful.

“I think the reason I’ve been all moody-is because, I think my hormones are all wonky, she confessed as her eyes darted nervously around the room. “I think I may be pregnant.”

Spike gave her a shocked look so she quickly rebutted, “I-I’m not positive though, but I have a strong feeling that I am…but again, I could not be.”

Spike sat there, mouth hanging open, eyes widen, not saying a word. His hand that was rubbing her belly before began to rub it for an entirely different reason. He had never thought, in his wildest dreams, that he would ever be a father. He was ecstatic at the thought that he could be, especially a father to this beautiful woman’s child. Once the shock wore off, he grinned like a Chester cat.

Buffy smiled hopefully when she saw his grin.

"So, I take it that it’s a good thing if I am?" she asked, an eyebrow rose in humor when Spike didn’t seem to hear her because he was too caught up in his trance.

Spike shook his head to snap himself out of the haze, then leaned down to capture her lips in a passionate kiss. When he pulled away, he looked at her with unconditional love and support.

"Is there a way to be sure?"

"Well, I have a test under the sink, but I’m afraid to take it by myself.”

"I'm here now, and I'm never leaving."

As Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face into the crook of his neck, he picked her up and carried her into the bathroom.

After Spike walked in the bathroom, he placed his girl onto the closed toilet lip, and then started to rummage through the cabinets.

Buffy sat on the toilet, starting to chew her nails nervously as she watched her lover being anxious.

“William, what are you doing?”

“I’m looking for the stick.” he mumbled as his head disappeared under the sink to locate the stick.

Buffy thought she wanted him with her, but the more anxious he seemed to get, the more she got.

“William-”

“Ah, I found it,” he darts his head out from under the sink to hold up a….tampon.

Buffy quirked her eyebrow.

“That is not the stick that I’m talking about,” she rose from the toilet to place a hand on his shoulder. “I think I rather do this alone…I’m too anxious with you in here.”

Spike gave her a somber look before saying, “Whatever you want, luv,” he turned to walk out of the bathroom, then turned back to her when he reached the door. “I’m here, Buffy. Just holler, an’ I’ll come runnin’”

Spike closed the door softly, leaving Buffy alone in the bathroom.

Twenty minutes later, Buffy came out of the bathroom with a towel around her body, her hair wet from taking a shower. She walked to her dresser to grab a pair of undies, when Spike walked into the room, a tray of food in hand.

"Here, pet." Spike held out the tray of food for her to see. “I brought you something’ to eat, yeah?“

Buffy slipped on her undies, before she acknowledged the tray of food. Once she saw what was on the tray she looked up at Spike in question.

"Spike, I'm not sick-" Buffy said, referring to the bowl of soup she saw. “-and we’re leaving for Giles in a few minutes to have dinner there.”

"You haven't had anything all day,” he pushed the tray further toward her, urging her to take it. “Just want you to be healthy, pet.”

She turned quickly to grab one of Spike’s t-shirts, threw her towel off, then put the shirt on. When she turned back around, Spike was giving he his typical ‘come hither‘ look.

"No, not right now. We have too much on our plate.”

Spike gave her a frown of disappointment, and then went to the bed with Buffy following behind.

He placed the tray on her lap once she sat beside him.

"Come on and eat then." Spike said.

Buffy took the offered tray and once she got passed the soup on the tray she noticed the other abundance of food on it. She thought that he must have completely lost his mind.

"Babe, speaking of too much on our plates. I would've been okay with just the soup and crackers,” he eyes darted from his eyes to the tray. “You brought the whole damn kitchen."

"Yeah well, you’re eatin’ for two now. I need to make sure I feed both you and Bit." Spike said sincerely.

Buffy sighed as she slouched her shoulders.

"We don't even know if there’s a …Bit.”

"You didn't check?" Spike asked.

"I was too scared," she confessed. “I left it sitting on the counter.”

Before she could finish her last statement, Spike was already inside the bathroom.

Spike walked out of the bathroom, with tears in his eyes. Buffy was nervous, wondering if they were tears of joy or sadness. She was about to ask what was wrong, when he suddenly spoke.

"Like I said before-I have to make sure I feed you and the Bit." Spike grinned through his tears as he rushed over to Buffy, picked her up and spun her around the room.

Both blondes laughed with joy at the wonderful news.