[Reviews - 40] LikedPrinter
Summary: Buffy Summers was hoping that when she moved to Sunnydale, she could forget about all of the 'Slayer' stuff that was thrust upon her in L.A. These hopes are quickly smothered though when she finds out that the librarian at Sunnydale High is also her new Watcher. Even worse, the small, quiet town she's just moved to is floating on a Hellmouth. Apparently, destiny has a slightly tighter grip on her than she thought.

This story is a series rewrite, starting from Welcome to the Hellmouth. It is built on the simple question of, how would things have gone if Buffy had met a different ensouled vampire on her way to the Bronze that night?
Rated: PG
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Action, Angst, Horror, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 14 Completed: No
Word count: 54049 Read: 18756
Published: 10/11/2011 Updated: 04/12/2012

1. Welcome to the Hellmouth by cloud_forest [Reviews - 3] Liked (2274 words)
A/N #1: Let me start off by saying that this fic began as something that I wrote solely for my own entertainment. The idea of 'what if it had been Spike who Buffy met in Season 1 instead of Angel' came to me one night, and I decided to just start writing. Then I decided heck, why not share it in case other people might be entertained, too?

A couple of things you'll need to know about this fic before beginning:

-Yes, so far in a lot of places I have just taken Angel out of the episode and stuck Spike into his place. That said, Angel and Spike are of course different people, so this is not just a series rewrite with Spike speaking Angel's dialogue. That would be friggin' boring. Though the differences in some places right now are only subtle, I can promise that as the story progresses, it will begin to veer from canon more and more.

-A certain amount of episodic knowledge is assumed. There will be some explanation as a quick refresher for those who haven't seen these episodes in a while, but not much.

-There will be significant portions of BtVS dialogue contained in many of these chapters. I have been diligent in my attempts to identify any and all of them. That said, if you notice that I have overlooked anything, please let me know so I can add it to the A/N. I hate plagiarism just as much as you do, and wish it would die a fiery, gruesome death.

Okay, I think that's it. Basically, I just wanted to say that this story, although I am taking the writing of it very seriously, is mainly just being written for the fun of it. So, I hope you enjoy it too.

Disclaimer: The usual. Nothing is mine. Absolutely none of it. This is Joss' sandbox, I'm just playing with his toys for a while.

A/N #2: Some dialogue (or in other cases, the spirit of it) has been lovingly lifted from Season 1, 'Welcome to the Hellmouth'.

2. The Harvest by cloud_forest [Reviews - 5] Liked (2410 words)
Thank you so much for the positive feedback so far. Because I'm enjoying writing it so much, I'm very nervous about how this story goes over, so it's good to see thumbs up so far. :D

Dialogue lifted from Season 1, 'The Harvest'.

3. The Witch by cloud_forest [Reviews - 2] Liked (2717 words)
So, just FYI: I think I'm going to go for a once-weekly update with this fic. That should give me enough time to get far enough ahead on subsequent chapters that I won't have to go for extended periods without an update. Fingers crossed that this plan works out.

Secondly: How are you liking it so far? Yay? Nay? WTF were you thinking leave the fanfic writing to the real authors?

4. Teacher's Pet by cloud_forest [Reviews - 3] Liked (2866 words)
Nothing big this time 'round. Just thank you thank you THANK YOU to everyone who's reading, and thank you for all of your wonderful comments/encouragement. Glad to see that what started as pure crack!fic in my mind has translated into something that other people are enjoying too :)

Dialogue zoinked from Season 1, Teacher's Pet. Also, Willow's 'warm glowing warmness' comment is, I'm pretty sure, from an episode of The Simpsons.

5. Never Kill a Boy on the First Date by cloud_forest [Reviews - 3] Liked (2415 words)
Dialogue from Season 1, 'Never Kill a Boy on the First Date'

6. The Pack by cloud_forest [Reviews - 2] Liked (2968 words)
Some dialogue from Season 1, 'The Pack'

As always, thank you for reading, and I hope you like this one :D

7. William by cloud_forest [Reviews - 2] Liked (7968 words)
As you know, this 'chapter' correlates with the episode 'Angel'. It is a BEHEMOTH. Over 18,000 words, in fact. So, I'll be posting it in three parts. That said, technology is notoriously vindictive towards me, so this might be a somewhat lengthy/difficult process.

I really, really, really hope you enjoy this chapter. Will literally be biting my nails.

Some dialogue from Season 1, 'Angel'. There is also a reference/homage to Season 5, 'Checkpoint'.

8. The Bloody by cloud_forest [Reviews - 2] Liked (5780 words)
Watch out! This is the SECOND PART of this 'episode'/'chapter'. Make sure you read part one first :)

A/Ns from previous chapter apply here.

9. Awful Poet by cloud_forest [Reviews - 4] Liked (5575 words)
Watch out! This is the THIRD PART of this 'episode'/'chapter'. Make sure you read parts one and two first :)

A/Ns from previous two chapters apply here.

10. I, Robot... You, Jane by cloud_forest [Reviews - 3] Liked (2678 words)
Sorry for the relatively massive delay in updates. Real life has been kicking my butt lately, so they might not be as frequent as they have been...

Also, thank you for all of the love on the previous chapter(s). Now, I give you angst *ducks the throwing of rotten fruit*

There is a single line of dialogue from Season 4, Something Blue. Very insignificant, but... see previous chapters re: my wish for plagiarism to go die a horrible death. :)

Enjoy!

11. The Puppet Show by cloud_forest [Reviews - 4] Liked (2757 words)
Dialogue from Season 1, 'The Puppet Show'

12. Nightmares by cloud_forest [Reviews - 3] Liked (3297 words)
I just want to thank you all for your patience with this story. I know there's been a lot of back-and-forth and angst and will-they-or-won't-they... and I can't promise that's gonna end right away. I'm not doing it because I enjoy it, believe me... I'm doing it because this is where the characters need to be right now. So again, thank you for being awesome and wonderful, and continuing to read/comment. This has been one helluva ride so far, and it's still barely begun :)

13. Out of Mind, Out of Sight by cloud_forest [Reviews - 3] (4474 words)
Ooh man. I really don't know about this chapter. I'm not sure that it's gonna come across the same way I imagine it... I'm probably just being paranoid and insecure but nevertheless, I hope this has been worth the wait :)

Some dialogue from Season 1, 'Out of Mind, Out of Sight'

14. Prophecy Girl by cloud_forest [Reviews - 1] (5870 words)
I know. I know, I am a terrible, awful, horrible person and I cannot apologize enough for the lag in updates here. I knew that going for 'weekly' updates at the start was a mistake; writer's/editor's block ALWAYS comes to bite me. Gah!

FYI, there is likely to be another lag in updates again (I'm just warning you now); my muse screeched to a halt when I hit 'Inca Mummy Girl', and it's taking some time to kick-start. Rest assured though that until I say otherwise, this fic has NOT been abandoned. The plot bunnies are simply multiplying at a pace that Anya would likely appreciate (ie. not at all, haha).

THANK YOU for your patience, THANK YOU for being here, and I truly truly hope that you enjoy this chapter. Some dialogue from Season 1, 'Prophecy Girl'