Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi there gentle readers! I know it's been like forever, but here's number 12! I really hope you enjoy!!
Spike went to open the passenger door for Buffy only to be stopped by her hand over his. He turned and looked at her questioningly.

“I’m getting in the back.”

Puzzled was an understatement. “Please don’t tell me you’ve never ridden in the front of a car before.”

Buffy hit him on the arm. “No. I’m changing in the back.”
Spike didn’t think he’d heard her right. “You’re what?”
“Well you didn’t think I was wearing this to the club did you?” Buffy opened her arms and looked down at herself.

Spike didn’t even think about what she was wearing and whether it was suitable for tonight or not. He really didn’t care. He thought she looked great as always. But he’d be damned if he didn’t snatch up this opportunity.
“Right. Go ahead then.” He opened the back door for her, receiving a bright smile in return.

Spike ran to the driver’s side and hopped in. He didn’t want to miss any chances he might have at peaking at the beauty in the backseat.

Just as if she had read his mind. “No peaking.”
“I’ve already seen you in your night clothes, pet.”
“I don’t care. No peaking.”
“As you wish.” He started the car and angled his mirror to get a good view of his date.

Buffy knew Spike would find some way to sneak a look at her while she changed, but she really didn’t care. She just had to say no peaking for reasons of pride. What was it about this guy that made her feel so free?

Spike tried to focus on the road, but it was difficult; the reason being obvious, pretty, and blonde.

Buffy noticed how Spike had angled the rear view mirror and decided she’d drive him crazy a little bit. She took off her flip flops and lay down on the back seat. Then she very slowly undid her button and zipper, and lazily wiggled out of her shorts, being sure to arch her back A LOT.

She has got to be doing this on purpose, Spike thought. The way Buffy was moving, and slowly wiggling out of her shorts while arching her- she’s sporting a thong?! She was driving him insane! It was beyond hard to keep his eyes on the road. He needed a distraction, but he couldn’t get himself to turn the mirror away from his date. He turned the radio on to a rock station and tried to think about ANYthing to distract himself.

The teen thought back to the moment with Riley on the front porch. “Hey, uh, pet?”
“Mhm?”
“What did White Bread mean when he said he was quitting?”
“Riley? Oh, he was talking about drinking.”
Spike nodded and tried to avoid the picture of Buffy removing her T-shirt ever so slowly. “Well that’s something.”
“Yeah. Say, do you think I can leave my clothes that I’m not wearing in the car? I don’t want the extra bulge in my purse if I don’t need it.”
“Sure, love.”
“Thanks.”

Buffy suddenly thought of something purely evil to do. She just couldn’t resist!

Spike was dying. There was no WAY she wasn’t doing this on purpose. While trying to watch the road as well as the gorgeous blonde, he missed her removing her bra from beneath her top.

Buffy let one strap of her sparkly tank top slip to reveal a bare shoulder as she leaned over the front seat. With the most innocent looking face she could muster, the teasing teen plopped her bag, shoes, and folded garments onto the passenger seat, her bra lying on top of her shorts and T-shirt.

Spike looked to his right to see Buffy setting her clothes down in the front. When he saw the bra, he gulped. “What’re you doing?”
“Just getting these out of the way. I still have to put on my jeans and heels.”
“Heels?”
“Yeah. Heels are a must. I didn’t want to wear my bra, though. It wouldn’t look right with this shirt, it’s backless.”
Spike gulped again. Now he knew this was deliberate. “Gotchya.”
“I’ll just be another minute.”
“Okay.”

Buffy smiled to herself when she noticed Spike turning the music up a little louder. This was fun, and surprisingly easy. She grabbed her jeans and slowly slid them on just as tortuously as she had slid her shorts off. She made sure to arch her back when she zipped and buttoned the denim garment. Then she took her clothing out of the front seat and brought it to the back once again. She threw her high heels into the front and climbed over the seat

“Bloody hell.” Spike said under his breath.

Buffy plopped down on the seat next to him and he swore he’d never seen jeans so tight before in his life. Talk about torture. Christ, he wished he could just rip them off.

“Something wrong?” Buffy asked the question while sporting an innocent doe eyed face.
“Not at all, Summers.” He leered.
Buffy blushed under his stare. “Spike?”
“Yeah?”
“Watch the road.”
“Wha- Oh! Christ!” He swerved just in time, avoiding a collision.

Buffy giggled and was not the least bit thrown by Spike’s driving. She leaned down and slipped on her black pumps. They were some of the sexiest heels she owned, and just like the other pairs, she hardly ever got to wear them. But tonight was a different story. She’d spent an hour or so walking and dancing around in them just so she could get used to the feel.

“So Spikey, what’s the verdict on the ensemble?”

Spike leered once again. “Damn fine, pet.” His voice was husky. He honestly thought Buffy was trying to kill him. The backless top she was wearing was causing his mind to fill with a thousand naughty thoughts. And those heels… He wanted to feel them pressed into his backside. Her legs wrapped around his waist while he-

“Thanks.” Buffy cut off his thoughts and smiled.

Spike turned down the radio now that he wasn’t busy trying to distract himself from his naughty little date. “So mind me asking why you had to change in the car?”
“My mom would so know something was up if she saw me in this.”
“Ah, so our little lie worked did it?”
“Yeah. I didn’t like doing it but she bought it.”
“Told you she would. I’m sorry you had to lie though, kitten.”
“It’s okay. Except for tonight, I’m like an angel child so I don’t feel too guilty.” Buffy forced a little laugh and gave him a tight lipped smile.

Spike could tell she wasn’t comfortable with lying to her mum, so he made a vow to himself to prevent the need to do it as often as possible.

“Ooh, almost forgot…” Buffy opened her purse and pulled out a few black bracelets and put them on. Then she retrieved a pair of black dangly earrings and stuck them in her ears. “So.” she smiled. “Where’s that fake ID you got me?”

***

Spike and Buffy got into the club without problems.

The two bouncers at the entrance barely even glanced at the ID’s Spike provided them with. Well, they barely glanced at Spike’s. When the man who was holding Buffy’s saw the card and looked up at its owner, he certainly wasn’t paying attention to whether or not she was old enough to get in. Oh no, he was leering, causing Spike to tense with anger considerably fast.

“Hey honey. You can go right on in.” The brunette bouncer said with a wink, handing her back her ID.

Buffy, completely oblivious to the man’s flirtatious manner, smiled shyly. She didn’t think anything of it when his hand found its way to the small of her back, leading her inside, either.

Spike, with every part of his being, wanted to rip the bloke’s arm off. But he kept his rage at bay, not wanting to get himself thrown out of Viper’s before he even entered.

Once inside, Buffy was in a combined state of shock and awe. Her jaw hit the floor, which was coated with glitter, by the way. There was heady club music engulfing the entire place, along with sweaty bodies moving to the rhythm. There were high tables with stools covering half of the area, and the other half was obviously the dance floor. There was a wide balcony above filled with more dancing bodies and what looked like some couches and chairs behind them. There was a long bar to her left, rimmed with blue and purple snake lights. She saw two doors down a small hallway to her right with a bright red “RESTROOMS” sign hanging above the entrance. When Buffy looked to her left she saw another hallway just the same. She also spotted a wide door frame, which had a lit up sign with the word “BASEMENT” hanging above it, leading to a broad, descending staircase. People were everywhere, including half a dozen girls in cages suspended above the dance floor, all wearing not much more than intricate bikini-like dancing costumes and heels.

Spike came up from behind the awestruck girl and wrapped his arms around her middle. “Wanna drink, pet?”
Buffy’s eyes widened. “What? I thought you said-”
“Relax sweets, you don’t have to have an alcoholic drink if you don’t want.”
Buffy relaxed. “Oh. Alright.”
They walked over to a vacant table and Spike sat her down on a stool.
“What d’you fancy?”
“Uh… coke?”
“Okay. Be back in a second.”

Buffy smiled as Spike walked in the direction of the bar. She sat her purse on the table and looked around. She had thought she would feel out of place and awkward in a club, but now that she was here she didn’t. She actually liked the atmosphere of the place; which surprised her. It was raw and wild. Laughter and the smell of liquor filled the air. The lighting was dark except for the bright colors that shot through the blackness every so often. The dance floor looked more like an orgy set to music, and scattered couples throughout the building were practically screwing each other in plain view of everybody. So, yes, it really surprised Buffy that she felt comfortable in a place like this, almost like she... belonged?

“Here, love.”
Buffy turned and smiled at her date. “Thanks.” she said, taking the ice filled glass of soda.
Spike set down his beer and arched a brow when she scowled at him.
“You said you wouldn’t drink.”
“No, I said I wouldn’t get drunk. One beer ain’t gonna do nothin, love.”
Buffy bit her lip, seeming to think about his statement before nodding. “Okay.”

***

Comfortable conversation passed between the two blondes. They laughed, flirted, and learned about each other; a LOT about each other, actually. Neither of them paid any attention to the world around them. Finding things to discuss came surprisingly easily. There was no stress or awkwardness, only comfort and excitement.

Spike had essentially, learned about Buffy’s life. About her family, her friends, just about her; and he had never been so interested in another person before. He learned that her father, Hank Summers, had abandoned her, her sister, and mum, only to die and leave them everything in his will a few years later. Spike learned about Buffy’s life before and after Moon Stream. He learned about what had hurt her and what had made her stronger. He learned about her insecurities, some because she told him and others because he could tell by the way she spoke of certain things. He learned that he could shut her up or comfort her with a kiss. He also learned that he was her willing slave, plain and simple. This tiny girl had him wrapped around her little finger. The Brit had learned about Xander’s sense of humor, Willow’s kindness, Tara’s wisdom, and Anya’s bluntness. He learned that Buffy was quick witted, kind, charming, adorable, and just plain endearing; given, he kind of already knew those things. He couldn’t seem to get enough of her. The more he learned, the more he wanted to know. To say he simply liked this girl was the bloody understatement of the year.

Buffy learned that Spike’s mom died when he was fifteen. She learned that he moved from London to the states when he was eight. She learned (after kissing him for all of three seconds then abruptly pulling away and threatening not to do it ever again if he didn’t spill what he’d just stopped himself from spilling) that he wrote poetry. She learned that he raced cars and stole them as well. She also realized that the latter didn’t bother her as much as it should have, which kind of freaked her out, until he kissed her and made her realize why it didn’t bother her. She learned that Spike looked up to his dad very much, even though he was pissed he had to move to Moon Stream because of the older man, the only upside being he met her. She learned why his dad moved them in the first place, that Spike had gotten kicked out of school due to his numerous dumbass pranks when (and if) he ever went to class. Buffy also figured out that she could get Spike to do anything she wanted if she kissed him. She also realized that if he did that tongue curly thingy, she was a robot created to adhere to his every command; a Buffy-bot, if you will. She learned of the Brit’s insecurities and his fears. She learned of his dream to someday race cars professionally. She learned that he was sweet, cocky, quick witted, PURE EVIL, and a natural romantic; but she already kind of knew that stuff. She also realized that she was falling for him, really fast; and it scared the hell out of her.

One other thing both teens realized was that sometimes words weren’t needed. They could just look at one another and have a silent knowledge pass between them. It was a connection that was purely indescribable. Not exactly a “soul mates” kind of deal, more just two people who were very similar and understood one another better than anybody else in either of their lives ever had.

The loud music had at first been a problem for their vocal chords, but Spike had found a quiet room that was set up for people to talk in. The room was empty except for the teenage couple, and it stayed that way for two whole hours.

Then, Spike decided it was time to get Buffy out on the dance floor.

“Wanna dance, Goldilocks?”
Buffy peered out into the darker part of the club. “Um… Maybe.”
“C’mon, it’ll be fun. Besides…” He leaned in to whisper in her ear. “I’ve been dyin to have you pressed up against me again.”
Buffy shuddered. His hot breath combined with that sexy voice of his sealed the deal. “Okay.” She smiled as he stood and offered his hand.

When their fingers touched they both felt that now familiar spark that never failed to send their blood rushing.

He led Buffy out onto the middle of the dance floor. The song being played was fast and exciting. Spike could tell his date was a little reluctant to join in so he pulled Buffy flush against him, started moving to the beat, and began nuzzling her golden hair comfortingly.

The girl was a little shy about dancing in a place like this. She had only danced really… scandalously a few times before, at the carnival, and in this place it was like everybody was dancing with everybody. There was virtually no room between people. She let a small gasp escape her lips when Spike pulled her body to his. And once he started moving, all thoughts of the outside world disappeared. She was just a girl dancing with her boyfriend.

Wait, boyfriend?

When did Spike become her BOYFRIEND? He hadn’t. Did she even want him to be? She wasn’t so sure she wanted to be tied down. Pfft! Right Buffy, tell yourself another one.

The truth was she was terrified. She wanted Spike to be her boyfriend. God, just the thought of him touching another girl made her shake with jealousy; but did he want her as a girlfriend? Probably not yet, he was a gorgeous guy and HE wouldn’t want to be tied down. She could date him, then he would want to make it official after a while… she hoped. She wasn’t one to just date a guy and not want anything out of it. And she had a feeling that Spike wasn’t like that either.

Spike moved his face out of her sweet scented mane and looked down into Buffy’s eyes. She seemed to be having an inner debate with herself. Then, she suddenly relaxed and started moving more readily. Spike dipped his head to nibble on her earlobe, smiling when she shuddered.

The blonde couple started moving together more fiercely as the song changed into an even stronger, faster beat. Neither one paid attention to the people bumping into them, they were both too lost in the feel of each other.

Mouths gasped and pulses raced as their faces neared. Both sets of lips were less than inches apart, they were sharing breath. Neither teen made a move to connect their mouths, the intimacy and rawness of the moment too perfect for either to want to destroy it.

When a guy who had apparently lost his partner, came up behind Buffy and started to grind against her backside, she didn’t even notice.

But Spike did. Seeing this, the Brit turned Buffy around and shot the bloke behind him a look that clearly said: She’s mine. Touch her and loose an arm.

The guy made the smart choice and left.

Buffy, realizing what happened smiled and placed a soft kiss against Spike’s lips. She moved her hands from his arms and curled them around her date’s neck, signing small patterns on the leather of his duster.

Spike’s pupils dilated and he practically purred when Buffy’s fingertips began to play with the hair at the nape of his neck.

***

The duo danced for what seemed like an eternity, finally stopping when Buffy claimed she needed a drink.

Spike went to get Buffy a bottle of water after they found a table and she sat down. The teenager returned with the beverage and told the girl he’d be back after he went to the bathroom. She said she’d do the same, grab her purse from the cubby she had placed it in at the entrance, and would meet him back at the table.

Buffy found her way to her purse and then the bathroom all without tripping over her fellow clubbers; which was especially impressive considering she was in four inch heels and was busy obsessing over her incredible date.

Spike made his way to the washroom and then hit the bar to grab a bottle of water for himself before heading back to the table. As he turned around to go find Buffy, he bumped into a friend of his from the circle. Before he knew it, Spike was being pulled into a conversation when all he wanted to do was go find his girl.

***

Buffy returned to the table and was happy to see it was still available. She was also surprised that Spike wasn’t back yet. She’d thought girls always took longer in the bathroom. Huh. Buffy set her bag down and pulled out her water bottle. She had forgone putting her purse back by the cubbies that lined the wall at the entrance of the club, figuring her and Spike both needed a little break from their hour long dance-a-thon.

Spike.

A small smile crossed her face. He was sweet and cute, sexy and confident, adorable and romantic, and she was starting to act like Dawn again. God, what was it about him that made her drool and feel like a giddy teenager. Wait a second… she was still seventeen…

Buffy was so wrapped up in her musings she didn’t even see the man a few tables down make his way over to her.

***

Spike finally managed to get away from his pal. Don’t get him wrong, Spike liked Mark. He was a funny guy, great on the track, and a decent conversationalist. But the Brit’s mind was one tracked tonight. The only thing he wanted to do was continue his date with Buffy before he had to get her home.

***

Ben, the male nurse who was talking, ahem hitting, on her, was getting on Buffy’s nerves. It wasn’t that he was bad looking, she just wasn’t interested. And she was getting a bad vibe from the guy. Not one of those “I bet you have a girlfriend” vibes, but one of those “Steer clear of this one” vibes. Something about the brunette was just rubbing her the wrong way. Given, it could just be because he was in fact a brunette and not a certain platinum blonde.

Buffy sighed. What was this guy talking about again?

“… so what about you?”
“Hmm?”
“You. Ya live in the area?”
“Oh. Um. Not far.”
“That’s cool. Cuz I was gonna say, I’m sure I woulda recognized you if you’d been in here before. A pretty face like yours is hard to ignore.”

Huh, Buffy thought. His eyes are about eight inches south of where my face is. Funny.

“Thanks.” She set her bag on her lap and hunched over, comfortably hiding her cleavage from the testosterone-y male’s view. She looked around anxiously, where was Spike? She didn’t want to have to move because then he wouldn’t know where to find her, and finding him would be difficult in this place. She just breathed another sigh while trying to tune out Nurse Ben.

“You wanna dance?”

That got her attention.

“Oh. Um. No thanks. I-”
He cut her off. “Oh c’mon. It’ll be fun.”
Ben went to lean in closer and Buffy put a hand on his chest to prevent his movements. “Look, you’re a nice guy, but I’m actually-”
“What is it? I’m a good dancer if that’s what you’re worried about.”
“No. It’s not that, I just-”
“Oh, I get it. You’re nervous. Well just relax! I’ll take care of you out on that dance floor.” He winked and went to take her hand.

Buffy set her bag on the table once again and stood to avoid his grasp. “Look, it isn’t you I just- I’m actually on a date right now. He’s gonna come back in a minute and-”
“Well then allow me to save you. Just c’mon!” This time he grabbed her hand before she had a chance to pull it away and Ben tugged, rather harshly.

Jeez, this jackass is really freaking insistent!

***

When Spike caught sight of Buffy, his original idea of what his expression would be when he saw her again, was not what played across his face.

A tall pretty boy was leering at Buffy, obviously flirting with her. When the git leaned in towards her, Spike honestly felt he would combust if he didn’t hurt the bloke. Soon. Then, Buffy pushed the nit away, to Spike’s relief. Although, the fact that she had to push the guy away also angered him.

Spike started making his way through the crowd over to his date. A couple of people cut in front of him, forcing him to stop when he was almost to the table. When his path cleared once again, the water bottle in his hand was a poor victim to his grip as he crushed it, causing the cap to pop off and water to spill onto the floor.

Spike saw red.

***

Buffy tried to yank her hand away to no avail. “Let go of me!” She spoke through gritted teeth, but loud enough for him to hear.
Ben pulled on her again, causing her to stumble. “Oh don’t be so uptight!” He shouted.

The guy actually shouted at her, and Buffy’s hand was really hurting at this point. She was going to end up punching the idiot in the face.

“Let me-” Before she could finish Spike was between her and Ben, breaking the brunette’s hold on her by shoving him away.

Finally, Buffy thought. She immediately rubbed her hand, which was throbbing, by the way. That freak really had a grip! It would be awesome if guys could just stop bruising her.

“You stay away from my girl.” Spike growled.

Ben took a minute to assess what had just happened, and then an impish grin appeared on his face. “Relax man, we can share can’t we? Bet the chick wouldn’t mind the both of us grinding up on her sweet-”

Spike didn’t let him finish.

Ben wailed when the bleached stranger’s fist connected with his face.

Buffy’s brain was only aware of two things. 1) Spike just hit someone to defend her… again. And 2) Spike called her his girl. His! I’ll take Extreme Girl Giddiness for 400, Alex!

The teen was so focused on her thoughts at the moment that she didn’t even notice Spike had spoken until he gently shook her.

“Wha? Huh?”
“Pet, we have to go.”
“Oh. Okay.” Buffy nodded and headed for the exit, grabbing her purse on the way out.

Once out of the club, the fresh night air finally jarred her to complete awareness. She was standing with her date and he was checking her over to make sure she wasn’t broken.

“Are you okay?”
“Yeah, I’m fine.” She could barely focus the way his eyes were flitting across her body. He kept checking her over, touching her arms, his blue eyes tracing over every inch of her torso and face. “Spike! I’m fine. Relax.” She smiled.

Spike took a breath. “Okay.” He kissed her forehead and took her hand in his, the one that wasn’t throbbing. She would have mentioned it to him, but her mind was too preoccupied thinking about something else.

“What was that?” She asked as they started walking.
“I didn’t mean to get us kicked out of the place, it was just-”
“No. Spike, I meant- Wait. We were KICKED out?”
“Yeah. Bouncer saw the whole deal and told me I needed to skedaddle.”
“Oh… ‘skedaddle?’” She asked incredulously, one perfectly shaped eyebrow arched.
“Wha?”
“Nothing.” She stifled a giggle.

A beat.

“Spike…” Her tone turned serious. “Why’d you hit him?”
Spike frowned at her, like the answer was obvious. “First off, the bastard was pulling at you like you were a ragdoll! Secondly, you didn’t think I’d let someone talk about you the way he was ‘bout to, did you?”

Buffy stopped walking and blinked. He almost sounded… offended? How weird… and kind of charming.

Spike stopped as well and turned to Buffy as a tired sigh left his lips. “What is it?”
She smiled warmly. “Ya know if you keep hitting people because you feel the need to defend me all the time, you might get thrown in jail.”
“Not gonna let-… Never mind.” He muttered the last two words.
“What?”
“S’nothing.” He started walking again.
“Oooookay…” She continued alongside her date, their hands still intertwined.

After a minute Buffy stopped and spoke again. “Spike... not to sound too…”
“What, love?”
“Oh, never mind.” She started walking on her own.

Spike stood there for a moment until he realized she was actually getting kind of far ahead. “Summers… what’s wrong?” He asked when he caught up to her. How could she walk so fast in those heels anyway?

“It’s no-”
“If you say it’s nothin’, I’m not drivin you home.” He stopped and took her arm, turning Buffy towards him. “Now, what is it?”
“What?! So you can NOT finish sentences but I can’t?” She snapped.
“Buffy-”
“Just-” She barked, before rolling her eyes. “Ugh, fine.”

She huffed and looked into his bright blue eyes, relaxing at the sight. They shimmered in the street light’s glow and she knew she could drown in his stare. There was no way of avoiding the question. Besides, she wanted to know what the answer was. She was just REALLY scared to hear it.

Spike frowned when she didn’t talk after a minute. “Pet?”
Buffy shook her head and blinked hard. Stupid blue, penetrating stare! “Dumb eyes…” She muttered.
“What was that?”
“Nothing. I was just…” She worried her bottom lip between her teeth. “Spike… you called me your girl.” She dared a glance up at him through her mascara coated lashes.

Spike was caught off guard. He didn’t expect her to say that. Hell, had he called Buffy his… out loud?

Good job, ya wanker. Probably scared the girl off is what you just accomplished. Oddly enough, that thought scared Spike.

It was coming back to him now. He had said that hadn’t he. Well, maybe he could still fix it. Maybe it wouldn’t scare her. If it had, why would she have mentioned it? Well actually, he had forced it out of her. Why’d he have to do that? Christ, he needed another beer. It wasn’t like he didn’t WANT her to be his girl, God knew he- Wait a second…

Buffy’s beautiful green eyes looked up into his and he thought he saw…

She didn’t look scared. Was that? Spike swore she looked… hopeful? Oh God. He was going to do it. Completely put himself out there to look like a Nancy-boy, ponce. If he didn’t know it before, he knew it now. This woman had him in the palm of her perfect little hand.

Spike shuffled his feet and looked down, all boyish and nervous. His actions made Buffy smile and her heart warm. But nothing could have prepared her for the words that fell from his lips.

“Would you want to be? I mean…” Spike thought for sure Buffy could hear his heart beating. He sure as hell could.

“Will you be?” He asked.

Then, there was a silence so thick it forced him to turn his gaze up from the safety of the cement.

Buffy acted on impulse. She lunged.


Chapter End Notes:
Review please? *pouts* I know the club scene with the grabby Ben hurting her hand was a little forced, I just had to add more protective Spike, it makes me so giddy when he shows up!